Forum Rules Site Rules and Courtesies

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Daisy, Our Daisy Will Be Leaving Us
Mistletoe
post Jan 16 2019, 08:54 PM
Post #1

Group: Pet Lovers
Member No.: 3,246

Well, I thought, New Year, a new happy start--But it's not to be--😢😢 Daisy, our Rat Terrier, has not been her usual self for a couple weeks--Went to the vets today.
She has a large mass, in her belly and it's cancer.😡 I was afraid of that.
Can't do anything for her --she has either a few days or a week--could be a little longer--but it's affected her eating and her GI tract. I am hoping she'll just go in her sleep--I hate to have to put her down.😢😢🥺 We have had her since 2010.

Attached Image
[color="#0000FF"][/color]

--------------------
Not the least hard thing to bear when they go from us, these quiet friends, is that they carry away with them so many years of our own lives..." John Galworthy
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post Jan 17 2019, 12:44 PM
Post #2

Forum Moderator

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 4,861

Hi, Mistletoe, please permit me to offer you my sincerest condolences on the diagnosis of cancer in your precious Daisy. From first hand experience with my beloved companions I do so understand how broken hearted you are. If I may try to offer you some counsel from my experience with my beloved Noah: I had no warning that my beloved Noah had an abdominal mass until the night of November 9, 2017, when he became very ill with repeated vomiting. When it became clear that he needed emergency care I immediately took him to the ER hospital. When the surgeon did an exploratory surgery she discovered his stomach had ruptured from the cancer, and that his abdomen was consumed with tumors. None of this showed up on Xrays. Needless to say I was horrified to learn that my beloved Noah had to experience this agony during the final hours of his transition journey to the angels. He had been to his regular veterinary care provider the previous week for his 6 month check up, and after a thorough physical examination she gave him a good health report - - his diabetes was under control and his weight was stable. When the surgeon called me to let me know his situation, she kept him under anesthesia until I arrived so that I could be with him when she administered the meds that would finally ease his suffering. So please keep a close check on your precious Daisy. I truly do not want you and your precious girl enduring the suffering my beloved Noah did, and that I continue to endure in my heart knowing that his transition journey was a cruel one for him.

Rest assured, Mistletoe, that we are here for you for as long and as often as you need us, and I know you will do everything in your power to give your precious Daisy a loving, comfortable transition to the angels. Please know you and your precious girl are in my thoughts and prayers, and please let us know you're doing.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------
In heaven's perfect garden there is no grief or pain, and all of God's creation join the angels' sweet refrain.

The most blessed way I have of knowing God's comforting love and grace is to look into the eyes and heart of God's creatures' sweet angelic face.

+Quote Post
Mistletoe
post Jan 26 2019, 03:22 PM
Post #3

QUOTE (moon_beam @ Jan 17 2019, 12:44 PM) *
Hi, Mistletoe, please permit me to offer you my sincerest condolences on the diagnosis of cancer in your precious Daisy. From first hand experience with my beloved companions I do so understand how broken hearted you are. If I may try to offer you some counsel from my experience with my beloved Noah: I had no warning that my beloved Noah had an abdominal mass until the night of November 9, 2017, when he became very ill with repeated vomiting. When it became clear that he needed emergency care I immediately took him to the ER hospital. When the surgeon did an exploratory surgery she discovered his stomach had ruptured from the cancer, and that his abdomen was consumed with tumors. None of this showed up on Xrays. Needless to say I was horrified to learn that my beloved Noah had to experience this agony during the final hours of his transition journey to the angels. He had been to his regular veterinary care provider the previous week for his 6 month check up, and after a thorough physical examination she gave him a good health report - - his diabetes was under control and his weight was stable. When the surgeon called me to let me know his situation, she kept him under anesthesia until I arrived so that I could be with him when she administered the meds that would finally ease his suffering. So please keep a close check on your precious Daisy. I truly do not want you and your precious girl enduring the suffering my beloved Noah did, and that I continue to endure in my heart knowing that his transition journey was a cruel one for him.

Rest assured, Mistletoe, that we are here for you for as long and as often as you need us, and I know you will do everything in your power to give your precious Daisy a loving, comfortable transition to the angels. Please know you and your precious girl are in my thoughts and prayers, and please let us know you're doing.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

Thank you.

--------------------
Not the least hard thing to bear when they go from us, these quiet friends, is that they carry away with them so many years of our own lives..." John Galworthy

+Quote Post
Mistletoe
post Feb 3 2019, 11:07 PM
Post #4

QUOTE (moon_beam @ Jan 17 2019, 12:44 PM) *

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mistletoe
post Feb 3 2019, 11:28 PM
Post #5

Our Daisy left us, a week ago Fri, 1/25/19. 😢 To say we are brokenhearted just doesn't cover it. She is soooo missed and it's so different without her. There's not a day, that has gone by, that I cry for her.😢

Night time is the hardest for me---because she slept on the bed with us, or on the couch with me.
I am waiting for the Animal Hospital, to call, saying I can pick her up.

💔💔💔

--------------------

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post Feb 4 2019, 06:14 PM
Post #6

Forum Moderator

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 4,861

Hi, Mistletoe, please permit me to offer you my sincerest sympathies in the physical loss of your beloved Daisy. From firsthand experience I know this is a very difficult time as you travel your grief adjustment journey. Please know you are in my thoughts and prayers that you will be comforted in knowing that your beloved Daisy's sweet Living Spirit is always and forever a heartbeat close to you, and please let us know how you're doing.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------
In heaven's perfect garden there is no grief or pain, and all of God's creation join the angels' sweet refrain.

The most blessed way I have of knowing God's comforting love and grace is to look into the eyes and heart of God's creatures' sweet angelic face.

+Quote Post
Remembering Dais...
post Feb 14 2019, 06:37 PM
Post #7

Member No.: 5,670

Dear Mistletoe,

I am so sorry for your terrible loss. We lost our Daisy more than 12 years ago and I miss her still and always will. I would like to share a thought with you that really helped me.

You gave your Daisy a wonderful life, full of happiness and love. If she hadn't been your dog, she still would have lived and died but not with the love you gave her. If you hadn't known her, you wouldn't be sad now, but she would not have had such a loving life. The price of her happiness is the pain and sadness you feel now. She is so worth it. I know that you would not have missed a minute of your time with Daisy, no matter how sad you are now. Remember always the joy and love you had with Daisy.

Another Daisy's mom

+Quote Post
Mistletoe
post Feb 17 2019, 06:01 PM
Post #8

QUOTE (Remembering Daisy @ Feb 14 2019, 06:37 PM) *
Dear Mistletoe,

I am so sorry for your terrible loss. We lost our Daisy more than 12 years ago and I miss her still and always will. I would like to share a thought with you that really helped me.

You gave your Daisy a wonderful life, full of happiness and love. If she hadn't been your dog, she still would have lived and died but not with the love you gave her. If you hadn't known her, you wouldn't be sad now, but she would not have had such a loving life. The price of her happiness is the pain and sadness you feel now. She is so worth it. I know that you would not have missed a minute of your time with Daisy, no matter how sad you are now. Remember always the joy and love you had with Daisy.

Another Daisy's mom

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mistletoe
post Feb 17 2019, 06:21 PM
Post #9

QUOTE (Remembering Daisy @ Feb 14 2019, 06:37 PM) *
Dear Mistletoe,

Another Daisy's mom

Thank you for your support. True---had we not had the god fortune to rescue her, she would have died a long time ago. She was like a child---every place that we went, and she was welcome, we took her.
When my husband, moved back to his hometown, in Pa.--I stayed in Fl. so we were sure it would work out for him. He went to a new job there. First 2 times I went to see him, I boarded her---I flew--she got sick on me, both times. So that was the end of that!!! Then, I started driving "Miss Daisy" every time I went, until we moved up here. She loved to travel----every time I picked up the car keys, she would get so excited. And--she was a good traveling dog.
That is why, I miss her so much. She actually was a part of me.
I know it'll take time, for the deep ache to go away.
One day, I am hoping, she'll find another Fur-baby, who needs us.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 01:43 PM