12 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
> It's A Tuxedo Girl, a new friend to comfort me over losing my Danny boy
DannysMom
post Feb 5 2012, 09:40 PM
Post #1

Group: Pet Lovers
Member No.: 7,464

I wrote about losing my precious cat Danny last December, and I decided to post a story about my new friend. Danny boy was a sweet and gentle Tuxedo boy, and now I have Mindy, a 6 month old polydactyl Tuxedo girl.

Attached Image

She is such a lovebug! She likes to play and she also likes to snuggle. She is a real talker, and so smart! She has truly comforted me over Danny's loss. When I cry sometimes she'll come to me and she'll touch me with her paw ever so gently, and she snuggles right next to me and starts purring like crazy. She knows when I don't feel like playing and she gives me space when I need it. I am hoping that God will bless her with a very long and happy and healthy life. She has such beautiful amber eyes! She has so much energy! She even responds to hand signals. When I put up my hands like I'm going to chase her, she'll start running. Such a smart little kitten! I couldn't have found a sweeter friend.

--------------------
Danny: March 4, 2001 - December 28, 2011
Tina: October 27, 1997 - April 28, 2012

To live in hearts we leave behind is not to die.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post Feb 6 2012, 06:53 PM
Post #2

Forum Moderator

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 4,861

Hi, DannysMom, please permit me to offer you my sincerest congratulations on your new furchild. She is so pretty, and I am so happy that she now has you for her Forever Mom. Thank you so very much for sharing this wonderful news with us. I hope Tina will come to accept Mindy and that eventually they will be the best of friends and house mates. I, too, am praying that you and Mindy will have a long heathy and happy earthly journey together.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------
In heaven's perfect garden there is no grief or pain, and all of God's creation join the angels' sweet refrain.

The most blessed way I have of knowing God's comforting love and grace is to look into the eyes and heart of God's creatures' sweet angelic face.

+Quote Post
Cheryl83
post Feb 6 2012, 07:37 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 6,508

Congratulations, she's gorgeous. I hope you enjoy many happy and healthy years together smile.gif

Cheryl

--------------------
It broke our hearts to lose you, but you didn't go alone,
For parts of us went with you ... the day God called you home

My beautiful Angel, Daisy - I will love and miss you forever xx

+Quote Post
xxForeverxx
post Feb 7 2012, 11:03 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 7,430

Gorgeous....looks just like my little boy.

I'm sorry for the loss of your baby but also welcome to your new beautiful baby.

xxForeverxx

+Quote Post
DannysMom
post Feb 7 2012, 06:51 PM
Post #5

Moon_beam, Cheryl83 and xxForeverxx, thank you for your comments.
Mindy is doing fine. She had a vet visit this evening for a distemper shot. Everything looks good. Her adult teeth are almost all there. She was so good at the vet about being handled and getting her temperature taken. She was very calm and patient. I am so blessed with this fine little kitten. She is my little 'puppet', because she looks like a little doll, so pretty and immensely cute.
There is nothing sweeter to balance out the grief than having a new little life to take care of and watching her grow.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pippin's Mom Kel
post Mar 6 2012, 05:56 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 7,510

Danny's Mom, what a beautiful girl she is! Her eyes are so wise, so old and knowing for such a young face. Now I REALLY have no doubt that Danny sent her to be with you and look after you, and to help guide and support you through your grief. I'm quite in love with her paws!

Congratulations, and I'm so happy you have this lovely being in your life.
Kel

--------------------

When you are sorrowful, look again in your heart, and you shall see that, in truth, you are weeping for that which has been your delight.
- Kahlil Gibran

+Quote Post
DannysMom
post Mar 8 2012, 06:37 PM
Post #7

QUOTE (Pippin's Mom Kel @ Mar 6 2012, 05:56 PM) *
Danny's Mom, what a beautiful girl she is! Her eyes are so wise, so old and knowing for such a young face. Now I REALLY have no doubt that Danny sent her to be with you and look after you, and to help guide and support you through your grief. I'm quite in love with her paws!

Congratulations, and I'm so happy you have this lovely being in your life.
Kel

Kel, thanks for stopping by to read about Mindy. smile.gif She truly is a Heaven-sent gift. When I first held her she was frightened by all the noise at the shelter and snuggled up in my arm and buried her face in my elbow. I marveled at her extra toe on each front paw; it looks like she is wearing mittens. And I was taken in by her wonderful amber eyes. Mindy is very affectionate, and that seems to be the Tuxedo way. She likes to plop herself on the floor to show me her tummy. I am glad that she too enjoys tummy rubs as my other cat Tina does not want to have her tummy touched.

--------------------

+Quote Post
DannysMom
post Mar 8 2012, 06:43 PM
Post #8

This is Mindy at 7 months. She has taken a liking to Tina's 'cat chair'.

Attached Image

--------------------

+Quote Post
My Boo Bootsie
post Mar 9 2012, 04:18 PM
Post #9

Member No.: 7,501

I'm so happy for you. My very first baby was Tux-we called her Tuxxy as she had the markings of a tuxedo as well. She was gorgeous just as your baby is. She will be a blessing and add so much happiness and joy to you and your home and you to her. I miss my tux so much, she has been gone but not forgotten since feb. 2000 and in May 2000 my husband brought home Bootsie. Bootsie just passed away Feb. 26, 2012 after a great loving life with us for 12 years. I am still heartbroken and my house is so quiet without her. I always told bootsie that tuxxy sent her to me to help heal my heart and that she did and twofold! I was so blessed to have her and as others told me I blessed her with a wonderful life and home just as you are doing. They are in our hearts forever and we are never the same after they are gone. Today I received a beautiful Peaceful Pet Revolving Memorial Box that I had ordered to put Bootsie's ashes in so that we can celebrate her life! It will be a beautiful way to remember her and it has spots for her pictures, and room inside the box for other things like her favorite toys(babies-they were sponge balls). I am very happy for you and pray that you continue to heal and remember that you have a new young one that needs you and is there to help heal your heart. God Bless! Patti

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post Mar 10 2012, 01:25 PM
Post #10

Forum Moderator

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 4,861

Hi, DannysMom, thank you so much for sharing this wonderful picture of your little Mindy with us. She does look quite at home in Tina's chair. Those eyes are just beautiful!!

I know how much joy your little Mindy is bringing to you. Thank you so much for sharing her with us. I hope today is treating you, your precious Tina, and little Mindy kindly. Please know you and your precious furkids are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how each of you are doing.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------
In heaven's perfect garden there is no grief or pain, and all of God's creation join the angels' sweet refrain.

The most blessed way I have of knowing God's comforting love and grace is to look into the eyes and heart of God's creatures' sweet angelic face.

+Quote Post
Jon730
post Mar 16 2012, 08:39 AM
Post #11

Member No.: 4,585

QUOTE (DannysMom @ Feb 5 2012, 10:40 PM) *
I wrote about losing my precious cat Danny last December, and I decided to post a story about my new friend. Danny boy was a sweet and gentle Tuxedo boy, and now I have Mindy, a 6 month old polydactyl Tuxedo girl.

Attached Image

She is such a lovebug! She likes to play and she also likes to snuggle. She is a real talker, and so smart! She has truly comforted me over Danny's loss. When I cry sometimes she'll come to me and she'll touch me with her paw ever so gently, and she snuggles right next to me and starts purring like crazy. She knows when I don't feel like playing and she gives me space when I need it. I am hoping that God will bless her with a very long and happy and healthy life. She has such beautiful amber eyes! She has so much energy! She even responds to hand signals. When I put up my hands like I'm going to chase her, she'll start running. Such a smart little kitten! I couldn't have found a sweeter friend.

Oh, she is beautiful and perfectly marked, too! I had never had a Tuxedo before Iggy, and he is the one who helped me with my Grief over Miles.
(Whispering)..I like her golden eyes better than his. I call him "Snake Eyes" sometimes!

--------------------
Miles, my friend and Cat-Wife. 3-11-2008
The Sweetest Cat in my Universe.

+Quote Post
DannysMom
post Mar 16 2012, 05:14 PM
Post #12

QUOTE (Jon730 @ Mar 16 2012, 09:39 AM) *
Oh, she is beautiful and perfectly marked, too! I had never had a Tuxedo before Iggy, and he is the one who helped me with my Grief over Miles.
(Whispering)..I like her golden eyes better than his. I call him "Snake Eyes" sometimes!

Jon730, thanks for stopping by to read about Mindy. She is very beautiful indeed, and she is quite a handful! Unlike my Danny boy, she is a bit more feisty and stubborn. She LOVES shredding toilet paper rolls, but only if they are brand new and have LOTS of paper! She likes to "talk" quite a bit, and she is very social. A really sweet girl.

--------------------

+Quote Post
xxForeverxx
post Mar 16 2012, 06:21 PM
Post #13

DannysMom

Mindy is gorgeous. Danny would be proud. She looks a bit like my little one Fudge....I will have to put a pic of him one day to show you.

I hope she is bringing you so much joy. She is lucky to have such a loving parent.

Regards

xxForeverxx

+Quote Post
DannysMom
post Mar 19 2012, 05:28 PM
Post #14

xxForeverxx, thank you very much for your comments and your kinds words. Mindy is indeed bringing me much joy by being so loving and talkative and playful. She is 8 months old now, and this is a recent photo of her stretched out on the stairs. She has grown so much in length, but her legs are much shorter compared to my adult cat, Tina.

Attached Image

--------------------

+Quote Post
xxForeverxx
post Mar 20 2012, 07:04 AM
Post #15

That is a wonderful photo. If you don't mind I will post a picture of my Fudge when i get one on the laptop as you would not believe just how much they look alike. Almost like they are distant relations!....In fact your stairs are the same colour as ours too so I will try and get one of him laying on our stairs! smile.gif

I hope you and your Mindy are doing well today.

xxForeverxx

+Quote Post
DannysMom
post Mar 20 2012, 07:46 PM
Post #16

QUOTE (xxForeverxx @ Mar 20 2012, 08:04 AM) *
That is a wonderful photo. If you don't mind I will post a picture of my Fudge when i get one on the laptop as you would not believe just how much they look alike. Almost like they are distant relations!....In fact your stairs are the same colour as ours too so I will try and get one of him laying on our stairs! smile.gif

I hope you and your Mindy are doing well today.

xxForeverxx

Oh yes, please do post a picture of your little Fudge! smile.gif I can't wait to see him!

--------------------

+Quote Post
DannysMom
post Mar 28 2012, 05:12 PM
Post #17

From Mindy's journal:

Oh, boy! I'm having such a great day! Mom let me out on the balcony, and I hid behind the chair to watch the two little creatures with wings that keep coming by. Mom calls them 'birds'. They look very tasty to me. If only I could catch one! Mom took me back inside just when one of the little winged creatures sat down on the railing and started talking to me. Then I jumped up to the window to continue watching. I started chattering. Mom said that is something Danny never did, and how he really liked birds. Well, I don't care. They look like dinner to me.

Come to me, little birdie!

Attached Image

--------------------

+Quote Post
xxForeverxx
post Apr 6 2012, 05:08 PM
Post #18

I love it when they sit like that! They look so innocent but deep down there thinking I'm gonna get you!! Haha! Made me smile smile.gif

xxForeverxx

+Quote Post
DannysMom
post Apr 9 2012, 07:06 PM
Post #19

QUOTE (xxForeverxx @ Apr 6 2012, 06:08 PM) *
I love it when they sit like that! They look so innocent but deep down there thinking I'm gonna get you!! Haha! Made me smile smile.gif

xxForeverxx

Thanks, xxForeverxx, I am glad that it made you smile. Mindy is such a treasure, and when she blinks at me with those beautiful amber eyes it just makes my heart melt. She is so trusting and enjoys having her tummy rubbed just like Danny did. I love watching her when she is all drowsy and sleepy and blinks and stretches her legs.

--------------------

+Quote Post
DannysMom
post May 7 2012, 05:39 PM
Post #20

Here is Miss Mindy at almost 10 months. She is a tiny kitty for her age, weighing around 6.5 pounds or so, but this tiny bundle is so cheerful and loving. When she blinks at me with those beautiful golden eyes she makes my heart melt. Mindy has been quietly supportive since Tina passed on. She is as happy and cheerful as my Danny boy used to be. Mindy is very trusting. I can gently touch her and bring my face close to her body without her lashing out at me. She loves showing me her beautiful little tummy, and she has this remarkable, star-shaped white mark on her chest.

Attached Image

--------------------

+Quote Post

12 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:42 AM