Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Am I Crazy Or What?
Bobbie
post Mar 21 2012, 07:40 AM
Post #1

Group: Pet Lovers
Member No.: 7,068

Hello Everyone!

I did not think I would ever write on this particular topic out of loyalty to Trevor, but here I am!

Allow me to introduce Dreamer and Pepper/Kelley. I don't have pics of Pepper yet, am working on it.

Here I am, almost 60 years old, and still bringing those darn, loving C. Spaniels into my life.

First came Dreamer last September. Yes, if you do the math we didn't even wait 3 months to bring him into our family. But he was so darn cute and desperately needed to get that **&^ bark collar off of his bruised neck that we quickly said, "Can we have him NOW?" The funniest parts of adopting Dreamer were: I was first asked if I had had any experience with C. Spaniels, since they can "be so nervous". HA I gently replied, "I've had 6 over the past 25 years." (passed). When the home inspectors came through the house, one was an old friend of my husband's, so they sat and talked the entire time while I gave the other inspector the grand tour. They went back to their organization and told the manager THEY wanted to live in our house, too. (because we make it so comfortable and safe for our doggies - we've learned a lot over the years) So here comes this 2 year old B/W English C. Spaniel with some Springer in him, too. That first night we gave him the option of sleeping in the crate or on our bed. He promptly jumped up on the bed and lay between our pillows and went to sleep. That was that.

Well, he had to have a brother, right? So last week we brought an older black/white C. Spaniel who is a bit more nervous and bite-y. He had a very sad story and Dreamer turned out to be a real bully, so he's taking his time adjusting. They told me his name was Pepper, but he doesn't respond much to the name and I keep calling him Kelley (the name of oe of my first dogs), so he may end up with multiple names. Gretta's mom gave her at least a dozeen different names! He is slowly coming around, but is still tethered to Mommy "cause he has accidents. (Actually I think it's because he has the largest bladder on the East Coast!)

So, while I still miss and love Trevor with all my heart and soul,(the love letters continue) he has led me to Dreamer and what's-his-name. Offer accepted with love.

Bobbie (Trevor's mom)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post Mar 22 2012, 02:55 PM
Post #2

Forum Moderator

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 4,861

Hi, Bobbie, congratulations on your newest addition to your family!!! I know you will come up with a suitable name for him. I am so chuckling about your Dreamer choosing your bed - - the choice between a crate and a bed - - I can just hear him say: "Hey, mom and dad, that's a NO BRAINER!!!" And I know in time Dreamer will adjust to his house mate. After all, Dreamer has been "king of the hill" for 6 months. When he sees that he has only gained a brother and has lost nothing in the process he will realize he has really won the gold ring!!

I know your beloved Trevor is so very proud of you for bringing two homeless waifs into your heart and home. With every loved one you care for your heart just expands to hold the love of all the ones who are with the angels and the new loves that are blessed to be under your care.

I hope life is treating you kindly, my friend. Please know you, Stan, your precious Dreamer and "waiting for a name", and your family are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories of your beloved Trevor and all your boys.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------
In heaven's perfect garden there is no grief or pain, and all of God's creation join the angels' sweet refrain.

The most blessed way I have of knowing God's comforting love and grace is to look into the eyes and heart of God's creatures' sweet angelic face.

+Quote Post
xxForeverxx
post Apr 6 2012, 05:07 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 7,430

Welcome to all in your big family smile.gif

You would never look unfaithful to your beloved Trevor as he knew how much you loved him and you notes to him you send almost everyday also shows your love could never stop for him.

He would be so happy to know you are loving more babies that need your help and love.

I hope your pepper or Kelleys learns his name soon whatever the name may be smile.gif

xxForeverxx

+Quote Post
kerriyj
post Aug 6 2012, 12:44 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 7,715

Congratulations on your new additions, and yes, of course you are crazy, just like every one of us who experiences dreadful heartbreaks, then open our hearts to new friends.

I'm certain Trevor would be pleased, you never replace a dog, just try to fill a corner of the aching hole they leave in our lives.

Please let us know what "what's-his-name finally decides his name is!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:10 AM