8 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Hello Purszi, A new baby boy!
LoveMyMickey
post Aug 4 2011, 11:48 AM
Post #21

Group: Pet Lovers
Member No.: 7,071

Hi leejaye....Awwww..Bandit is so cute. I love the little Westies. There is a dog food commercial on TV that shows a Westie and he is so cute.

That is so cute, Bandit and Purszi playing together and taking a nap together. Bandit knows Purszi is special. ( Of course Mischief was and always will be special too.) Your visits will be more enjoyable with the furbabies having fun.

Leejaye, I hope you are feeling better each day and remember you and family are in my thoughts and prayers.....Enjoy your visit...

God Bless...

LoveMyMickey

--------------------
"Love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation."
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post Aug 4 2011, 01:58 PM
Post #22

Forum Moderator

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 4,861

Hi, leejaye, thank you so much for sharing with us how you and your precious Purszival are doing. Sounds like he's settling in quite nicely to his grandmother's home - - I'm chuckling about his "baptism" in the pond. So glad he has made buddies with Bandit, too. Ah yes - - where are the cameras when we have that "Kodak moment"??? Even though we don't always have a filament photograph to "capture" the moment - - our hearts are always taking "pictures" to treasure and these pictures never fade with time. It's true "a picture paints a thousand words,", but I assure you, leejaye, that the words you share with us in describing your precious Purszival speak volumes.

I hope today is being kind to you and your precious Purszival. Please know you both are in my thoughts and prayers, Leejaye, and I look forward to knowing how you both are doing.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------
In heaven's perfect garden there is no grief or pain, and all of God's creation join the angels' sweet refrain.

The most blessed way I have of knowing God's comforting love and grace is to look into the eyes and heart of God's creatures' sweet angelic face.

+Quote Post
leejaye
post Aug 5 2011, 03:14 AM
Post #23

Member No.: 7,103

Thanks Moon_Beam and LoveMyMickey, I think we have the same dog food ad here - that's where Mum saw them! I am so so happy that they are friends, I didn't think it would happen the first few days... we always had at least one dog and cat when i was growing up (sometimes 2 cats, 1 dog; 2 dogs, 1 cat; etc, I don't know how people live without a furry soul) and they were all great mates - I have one memory of my brother's german Shepherd cross licking my small black cat all over the head - she just sat there patiently and returned the favour...I love those moments! Purszival seems to have a great love of water - he gets in the kitchen and bathroom sink, tries to get in if I'm washing up and i was hosing today and he was chasing the water - so I guess his swim wasn't so bad, I'll have to keep an eye out that he doesn't go in voluntarily!!! Again thankyou both so much, I guess it's Friday morning there - hope you both have a great end of week, favourite pats to Noah again please Moon_Beam, and hugs to you both Leejaye PS Purszi and Bandit are sleeping but they'd send purrs and licks if they were awake!

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post Aug 6 2011, 12:44 PM
Post #24

Forum Moderator

Hi, leejaye, thank you so very much for sharing with us how you and your precious Purszival are doing. I'm smiling at your account of his enoying the water. My number one kitty son, Eli, was a "water sports" kitty, too. He would get into the shower with me, and - - then there was the water line to the refrigerator that he LOVED to bite through and watch the water spring out of the holes and - - then play in the pools of water on the floor. He did this several times before I was able to get some PVC tubing to run the water line through to hook up to the refrigerator - - and then block off access to the back of the refrigerator with boards. I hope your little Purszival by-passes this "sport."

I hope today is treating you and your little boy kindly, and that you will have a wonderful joy-filled weekend. My Noah and I are enjoying many snuggle cuddles today - - I'm just being lazy today. Please know you and your precious Purszival are in my thoughts and prayers, and look forward to knowing how you both are doing.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------
In heaven's perfect garden there is no grief or pain, and all of God's creation join the angels' sweet refrain.

The most blessed way I have of knowing God's comforting love and grace is to look into the eyes and heart of God's creatures' sweet angelic face.

+Quote Post
leejaye
post Aug 6 2011, 07:44 PM
Post #25

Thanks Moon_Beam, I've never met a cat who liked water like this! Your Eli's antics gave me a giggle, it sounds very similar to Purszival, just this morning he tried to get in the shower with me! Hope you had the loveliest of lazy days with Noah, please give him a snuggle for me!! Leejaye

+Quote Post
leejaye
post Aug 22 2011, 10:57 PM
Post #26

I had forgotten how sweet falling in love can be - Mr Purszival has really given me the gift of remembering this feeling, he's been with me a while now, but we looked at each other this morning and my heart just bubbled with happiness, a true moment of joy, and I really knew we belong to each other now. I think my Mischief has been helping us again, Purszi is not a very snuggly cat (being a boy and young I guess) but the last few times he has come for a cuddle I swear I have heard the faint jingle of Mischief's bell. It can't be Purszi's bell, Purszi isn't wearing a collar this week, he keeps taking them off and gouged his little face last time he decided to get naked, I'm keeping him inside until his face heals a bit - does anyone have any tips for keeping his collar on him? He's microchipped and outdoors under supervision only but I prefer him to wear a collar with my phone no and his name on it in case he does somehow manage to escape, I have never had this problem with my other cats! I'll have to post some photos next time, I can't believe how quickly my boy is growing!

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post Aug 23 2011, 10:03 PM
Post #27

Forum Moderator

"I had forgotten how sweet falling in love can be - Mr Purszival has really given me the gift of remembering this feeling, he's been with me a while now, but we looked at each other this morning and my heart just bubbled with happiness, a true moment of joy, and I really knew we belong to each other now."

Hi, Leejaye, thank you so much for sharing with us how you and your precious Purszival are doing. I am so very, very happy for you and your sweet boy - - that you know you both are now one in heart and spirit.

About the collar, I know all too well with my number one kitty son Eli how creative your Purszival can be wriggling out of his collar. It is very frustrating, indeed. If you haven't already done so, you might try changing the type of collar, and just be insistent that he get used to the fact that he's going to wear a collar. It took a good couple of years for my Eli to "resign" himself to the fact that his collar was for wearing - - not for wriggling out of. It was truly a "battle of the wills" - - and I had to let him know that this was one battle I intended on winning. I hope your sweet boy's face heals quickly.

I look forward to sharing your pictures of your precious Purszival. They do grow so quickly, don't they? I look at my precious Noah and can't believe he's 8 years old already. It seems like just yesterday both he and his baby sister were little tykes. I hope you and your little boy have a very peaceful evening, my friend, and look forward to knowing how you both are doing.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------

+Quote Post
LoveMyMickey
post Aug 24 2011, 05:51 PM
Post #28

Hi Leejaye....That is so sweet what you said about falling in love with Purszi. I'm so happy that you found such a sweet furbaby and that he is bonding with you. I'm sure, too, that Mischief had a paw in finding Purszi for you.....I am so sorry about his little face. I don't know how you could keep his collar on.......I would love to see some more pics of Purszi. I was thinking about that the other day.
I hope you and Purszi have a long and happy life together.....I know Mischief is up there smiling and watching out for you......

Hugs,

LoveMyMickey

--------------------

+Quote Post
leejaye
post Aug 24 2011, 06:15 PM
Post #29

Dear moon_beam and LoveMyMickey, Thankyou so much for your kind replies - well, we tried the break apart collar last night and it was gone by morning, he's hidden it somewhere, I can't find it!! We are going back to trying one with an elastic insert (which he chewed through last time), we'll see how long it stays on for!! His little face is healing ok - oh and he's getting his grown up teeth, I found a tiny kitten tooth on my hand the other day when we were playing - I kept it! Apparently they usually swallow them, I've never found one before...I'll get some more pics of him, he's such good smile value I should share it around!! Take care Leejaye

+Quote Post
leejaye
post Aug 24 2011, 08:55 PM
Post #30

Hi all, I sent home for my camera and thought I'd post these pics - Purszi, like all cats, just loves getting in things - buckets, boxes, bags, and this pot...hope they give you a smile Leejaye PS We managed to keep the collar on so far!

Attached Image Attached Image

Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image

+Quote Post
LoveMyMickey
post Aug 26 2011, 05:41 PM
Post #31

Hi Leejaye....Awwwww..Mr. Purszi is soooooo cute. And so smart too, hiding his collar. I hope he keeps this one on and I'm glad his little face is doing better.
I can see how you fell in love with that cutie pie.....Thank you for the smile, Leejaye.

Hugs to you and Purszi,

LoveMyMickey

--------------------

+Quote Post
leejaye
post Aug 26 2011, 10:34 PM
Post #32

Hey LoveMyMickey, No sign of that collar yet, but the new one is staying on so far, he's only tried to chew the elastic once...if I've done it right this is a link to a video I took of Purszi the first night he was with me kitten play 1, hope you like it!! Leejaye PS The video quality isn't the best but Purszi is still super cute!

+Quote Post
Peggy's Human
post Aug 27 2011, 12:52 AM
Post #33

Member No.: 7,037

Dear leejaye,

What a cutie he is!! Thanks so much for sharing the stories you two already have in your time together. He's only the 3rd cat I've ever heard of who loves water, gotta love that in a cat! Your pics are wonderful, he looks like a llittle scamp and I'm betting he's a lot of fun to play and cuddle with. I am thrilled you're well and appear happy. You're a very sweet person and I'm so glad to know you have a new furry family member. Isn't it funny how often what we feel will be 'the appropriate time', so rarely turns out to be the 'appropriate time' the universe decides upon? LOL

Big hug to you and Purszi!

Peggy

P.S. I LOVE his name!

+Quote Post
leejaye
post Aug 27 2011, 01:12 AM
Post #34

Dear Peggy's Human, Thankyou so very much for your kind comments - my Mr Purszival is a big bagful of smiles, I'm glad you enjoyed our pics and stories...I still cry for my Mischief girl but this little guy is so definitely himself and so full of kitten love, I finally know I can love him and Mischief...You were so compassionate when I lost Mischief, I just wanted to thank you again and send wishes for sunshine in your world, sending you some huge hugs Leejaye

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post Aug 27 2011, 11:01 AM
Post #35

Forum Moderator

Hi, leejaye, thank you so very, very much for sharing these wonderful pictures of your precious Purszival with us - - and the wonderful video. What treasures these pictures and videos are of your precious little boy.

Hopefully perseverence will rule about the collar. You know about my Eli and his collar antics. Both my Noah and Abbygayle, too, did not take kindly to collars at first. They would scratch at them and try to pull them off as well, but not successfully, thank goodness. So, eventually they "resigned" themselves to their collar, and hopefully your precious Purszival will do the same.

Thank you again, my friend, for sharing your precious Purszival with us. He is soo o o o adorable, and you are so blessed to have him with you. I hope today is being kind to you both, please know you and your little boy are in my thoughts and prayers, and am looking forward to knowing how you both are doing.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------

+Quote Post
leejaye
post Aug 27 2011, 10:58 PM
Post #36

Thank you so much lovely moon_beam, That little boy of mine is a pure gift - I'm glad you enjoyed his video and pics! The collar is still on!! Although there has been some attempted chewing at the elastic I'm hoping that resignation will soon set in!! The longer tether line is a great idea and means I can get some gardening done when we are outside but also make sure he doesn't escape into the bush (there is a bushland reserve just across the driveway), which he seems quite curious about - Mischief and I lived in another house that backed onto bushland, she wasn't an outdoor cat at all at that time, so the day she disappeared only to reappear at the bottom of a cliff (which I had to climb down to get her) has stuck hard in the terrified bit of my memory and I really don't want to visit that feeling again! I've been trying to tell him that there are all sorts of dangers a kitten couldn't even begin to guess at so he needs to listen to his mother while he learns, not sure if he's listening, he gives me a look and wriggles away when the topic comes up!! Hope you and Noah have a lovely Sunday and that the weather stays away from you!! Take care Leejaye

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post Aug 28 2011, 10:51 AM
Post #37

Forum Moderator

Hi, leejaye, thank you so very much for sharing with us how you and your precious Purszival are doing. Your precious little boy is still checking out his world, and of course to him it's living in a big adventure. Since he already knows you will protect him from harm, he feels he can trust EVERYTHING, and of course - - that you are being "overly protective" by limiting his access (Sound familiar - - the typical battle cry of youth). So you just keep on telling him that mommy knows best. I assure you eventually he will come to understand this, and love you all the more for it.

I know you are going to enjoy having your little boy outside with you while you're working in the garden. I always enjoyed my furkids' company while I was raking leaves. And they always enjoyed walking through the piles of leaves, scampering through them, scattering them every which way. There's just something about a pile of leaves that is so attractive to play time. Noah has transitioned to an indoor kitty now by his own decision primarily.

I hope today will be a very pleasant one for you and your precious Purszival. Please know you both are in my thoughts and prayers, and am looking forward to knowing how you both are doing.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------

+Quote Post
LoveMyMickey
post Aug 30 2011, 06:21 PM
Post #38

Hi Leejaye...Sorry I am just now getting around to looking at the video. Been taking a break from the board.......Little Purszi is sooooo cute running around and playing. I like the way the one video ended, Purszi was saying, "you stop that!" smile.gif

Thank you, Leejaye, for sharing the pics and video with us. I am so happy for you that you found such a sweetheart. I hope you and Purszi have a long and healthy life together.

I'm always thinking of Angel Mischief....Hugs.

LoveMyMickey

--------------------

+Quote Post
leejaye
post Aug 30 2011, 07:11 PM
Post #39

Dear moon_beam and LoveMyMickey, Thankyou both so much for you kindness, you both make an immense difference to my world, Mr Purszival sends you enormous purrs!! I told him last week that he needed to use his little voice more to tell me what he wanted - he has the tiniest little meow but he has been using it plenty since I told him that, becoming a bit demanding in fact!! He's using it right now to tell me that it's outside time so I better go and see to him, thinking of you both and sending hugs Leejaye PS The collar is still on!!!

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post Aug 30 2011, 08:12 PM
Post #40

Forum Moderator

Hi, leejaye, thank you so much for sharing with us how you and your precious Purszival are doing. So glad the collar is still on!!! Perhaps this is the ONE!!! I hope you and your precious boy are having a wonderful evening, and that each day is filled with many happy memories. Please know you and your precious Purszival are in my thoughts and prayers, and look forward to knowing how you both are doing.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 07:58 AM