Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Tango, Temporary new family member
Flossie's Mom
post Aug 20 2010, 05:03 PM
Post #1

Group: Pet Lovers
Member No.: 5,211

We'll see how temporary he is. We are sitting a cat for a relative who has to go out of the state to work for 2-3 months. He had no one else to take him so here we are!

Need to put him on a serious diet as it appears he weighs near 30 lbs!

Needless to say poor Jingles, who we thought was a fair size cat at 12 lb....not an ounce of fat.... long & lean with long tail & legs, and Tango have not made friends yet. So I play musical cats. Jingles is outside most of the day so Tango can run the house (well, ALMOST... WeeBee tries to be in charge) and when Jingles comes in I separate them as they still hiss & growl. Tango seems to start it and I think Jingles can clearly see he would be up against a Sumo Wrestler. At night I put Tango in a room & Jingles runs the house....

I thought the newcomer would be the shy one but he seems comfortable here. Has found a few favorite spots & is very loving and sociable. Explores more each day.

They are both males near the same age & neutered. I hope this works out easily as I don't want either to feel out of place. They both are adaptable about being closed off and smell under the doors with some growing or hissing, again, started by Tango. Then they will check out the others' smell when it is their turn to be out of their own room. Should prove interesting as we have another cat moving to our "compound" within the week.
Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
wchamilton
post Aug 23 2010, 08:03 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 3,255

That has got to be one of the tubbiest cats I've ever seen.

He's gorgeous, though... I love his eyes.

+Quote Post
Flossie's Mom
post Aug 23 2010, 09:26 PM
Post #3

He does have pretty eyes.... here's another chunky one. She has really beautiful eyes also....... Belongs to a neice who passed away in June....
Her name is Tiger and she grew up on the farm that we now live on. Not sure which one is the biggest. Both very sweet cats....
Attached image(s)
Attached Image

+Quote Post
Flossie's Mom
post Oct 25 2010, 07:00 PM
Post #4

Looks like Tango will be with us permanantly. His previous owner will be traveling in his work for a while yet. He now can go outside as we live on 160 acres and he was in town before.

He has lost quite a bit of weight as he is more active now that he can go outside. I weighed him and he is DOWN to 22 pounds! His head is about twice the size of our Jingles. The new cat that showed up 2 days ago is a tiny thing even compared to 11 pound Jingles. She marched right in and made herself at home. Would like to find her a home since we have the two already but will be taking her to the vet this week to check her out.

+Quote Post
katzen11
post Oct 26 2010, 05:20 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 3,125

Tango
and Tiger wub.gif

so beautiful
i just love "big" cats, though my cats have always been very "light"
i am sure, no one over maybe 5kg

i am getting sheba, whiskas, golden gourmet
and sometime special treats
they do not care
they just stay slim....wink.gif

Tango and Tiger are very beautiful
best wishes
Eva

--------------------
in loving memory of my sweet babycat Felice
+ 8 december 2006

+Quote Post
madi
post Oct 26 2010, 07:57 AM
Post #6

Member No.: 6,207

Yep, been there, done that. When my daughter visits and brings her cats with her to our place we go through the one indoor one outdoor bit too. Just so happens her bossy cat is also a huge "orange" cat, so affectionate with humans, but bossy as hell with other cats. On her last visit we had 5 cats and 4 dogs here and it was a full time job keeping them separated and me sane. I have since bought a cat tunnel and I have a cat cage on the front veranda, so I rotate them with these also. The dogs on the other hand are no trouble whatsoever.
Your cats are beautiful, I hope they settle down and "like" each other soon, it takes a little time for them to work out the pecking order business. Good luck xx

madi xx

+Quote Post
Flossie's Mom
post Mar 25 2012, 03:29 PM
Post #7

Sometimes I think all our "new beginnings" as well as the ones we've had a long time feel this way!
Attached image(s)
Attached Image

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 08:34 PM