3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Visits From Your Babies After Passing On
dixmuffin
post Sep 18 2004, 05:46 PM
Post #1

Group: Pet Lovers
Member No.: 481

Hi everyone. I just wanted to know...has anyone been visited by their furbabies after they've passed on??? I have and it is a truly remarkable experience-it really helps with the grief.

--------------------
[FONT=Impact]Dixmuffin

"love knows not it's own depth until the hour of separation..."
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
LittleGirl's...
post Sep 20 2004, 09:26 PM
Post #2

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 274

Hi,
This is such an inspirational topic---so comforting, especially on those days when we need it the most!
I am copying something I posted here on June 27th.

LittleGirl'sMommy Posted: Jun 27 2004, 03:11 PM

Hi everyone,

Having a particularly sad day today. I just miss my Little Girl so so much. I want her here snuggled in my arms, purring, licking my face and gazing into my eyes (when I had her in my arms, all was right with the world). Sometimes it feels like such a desperation, even though this is all part of the process.

It's been just over 3 months and I wonder how I've survived. Well, I I know that the answer to that is thanks to all of you here at LS.

I've gotten some "signs" from my Little Girl---some in the form of rainbows and some in the form of a particular kind of bird whose voice sounds like Little Girl's. First I'll share a rainbow sign and I'll end with one of the bird ones that just blew me away.

After Little Girl passed on, I couldn't picture doing anything fun again, or at least not for a long time. I was in a little dance group and even before her death I wasn't sure whether I'd participate in the recital because I wasn't confident enough in a couple of the steps, and recital participation was optional anyway. About 2 weeks after she passed on, I was getting the feeling---as though it was coming from Little Girl---that I should dance in the recital. So for some reason I went to my closet to look at the outfit (black pants, blue T-shirt with scarf) that I would be wearing... when for the first time it hit me that the scarf was a brightly colored rainbow! And the tag on it said "783 Freedom Rainbow"... And that each dancer's T-shirt would be a different color of the rainbow.... Oh, and after the dress rehearsal, I was driving home when I noticed a big rainbow in the sky! I got several other rainbow signs too.

Now for one of the bird ones: About a year ago a friend gave me 4 or 5 little packages of seeds she'd come across, that I hadn't gotten around to planting. Finally on June 6th I felt like doing a little indoor gardening, so I got them out. I was in the middle of working on them when I heard the Little Girl bird! So I ran to my screen door and looked and listened to a beautiful concert. When the bird was finished, I went back to working on the seeds. That's when I noticed the name on the package of seeds I had been working with when I'd heard the bird: Bird of Paradise. It was Little Girl, reminding me she's in Paradise!!! The message was delivered by a bird who has her physical voice. I immediately felt uplifted. Then, I noticed the date on the package: "Packed for 1987 "..... 1987 was Little Girl's birth year! I knew this was from her, to comfort her Mommy. I am so grateful.

Writing those stories down and sharing them with you has helped me to feel a little better today. I hope they help to comfort all of you, too, as a reminder that all of our furred/feathered/finned babies are in a state of bliss.

p.s. I'll let you know if the 17-year-old seeds come up. Whether they do or not, I got my sign.

BabyHannahsMom Posted: Jun 27 2004, 08:12 PM

Kathy,

Pretty wild! Bird of Paradise and Little Girl's birth date! I'm glad you're getting signs and they are making you feel better. I bet the flowers will bloom too.
Marcia

karen424 Posted: Jun 28 2004, 06:17 AM

Kathy,
I'm sorry to hear you had a rough day yesterday. Your Little Girl knew her mom needed those signs and
she sent them! Her spirit lives on right there with you - each and every day! I would love to receive
a sign from Buster! I'd better keep my eyes open!

Love & Hugs,
Karen

--------------------
My baby boy Buster - Forever we will be one...mother & Son....02/02/89 - 06/18/04

LittleGirl'sMommy Posted: Jun 29 2004, 10:25 PM

I would be interested in hearing if and what signs any of you have gotten from your babies.

(And even if it doesn't seem that you're getting any, rest assured that their spirits are iright there with you.)

--------------------
Compassion for all animals. www.earthlings.com

+Quote Post
jan
post Nov 16 2004, 09:05 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 317

Yes, I have had visits from my babies who have passed on!

The first dog we had to have put to sleep was our miniature schnauzer, Spike (we're not real original with names!). Spike died on January 4, 1999.

I know it was March - something of that year that I had the most intense dream! I was still having an incredibly bad time with Spike's death, crying every night, severely depressed, etc. The dream was I could see the back of my DH and I and Spike was sitting a little ahead and above us - right next to a closed door! Spike was staring intently at me - not angry (5 YEARS LATER I CAN STILL SEE THE EXPRESSION ON HIS FACE!) - just staring intently. In the dream I nudged my husband - he was doing something and not looking at Spike. I said, "Mike - it's Spike!" and he said "Uh huh" - tolerantly but like yeah, whatever. That was it - that was the entire dream. But, there's not a doubt in my mind that that was a visit to me from Spike and I believe he was telling me I had to let him go through that door - he needed to go through that door and somehow my grief and depression were keeping him here. I made a concerted effort after that to get ahold of my grief, because Spike needed me to do that before he could move on.

Spike lived upstairs - away from the other dogs (we had 8 others at the time) because they just got on the old man's nerves. We had a baby gate on the stairs to keep the other dogs from going upstairs and whenever Spike would wake up from a nap, he would shake his head and we would hear his ears flap and would get up to move the baby gate so Spike could come downstairs to get some water or go outside to go potty.

About 6 months after Spike had died, I was unemployed and was sitting here one day watching TV. All the dogs were here in the living room with me and they were all asleep. My back was to the stairs on the sofa I was sitting on when I actually heard Spike shake his head and flap his ears! The sound was so ingrained in me, I had halfway risen to move the babygate before I realized what it was I heard. I looked over and Phoenix (my lab baby who died last April) had actually woken up and she was looking up the stairs!!!!!!!!!! I kid you not! I looked at Phoenix and I said "Okay, you heard it too! I'm NOT going nuts!"

Our 2nd dog that died of old age was Duke, our 16 year old ##er spaniel. He died on August 22nd, 2002. Last Thanksgiving (2003), my husband and I were in the kitchen making Thanksgiving dinner and we heard a growl from up here in the living room. I stopped what I was doing and I said "That sounded just like Duke!" and my husband said "I just thought the same thing". So, we wished Duke a Happy Thanksgiving - I think he visited us then.

I have not had a visit yet from Phoenix. But, I know I will at some point.

+Quote Post
Toni
post Nov 21 2004, 06:07 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 570

QUOTE (dixmuffin @ Sep 18 2004, 05:46 PM)
Hi everyone. I just wanted to know...has anyone been visited by their furbabies after they've passed on??? I have and it is a truly remarkable experience-it really helps with the grief.

Will my precious baby Angel cat visit me?? Everytime I close my eyes, all I can see is her lifeless body on the vets table - would she want to visit the person who put her there????

--------------------
Miss Princess Angel
1989 - 2004
You were my entire world;
My life's blood for ONE MORE DAY.........

+Quote Post
jan
post Nov 25 2004, 01:48 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 317

QUOTE (Toni @ Nov 21 2004, 06:07 PM)
Will my precious baby Angel cat visit me?? Everytime I close my eyes, all I can see is her lifeless body on the vets table - would she want to visit the person who put her there????

Toni, I feel pretty certain that somehow, some way, Angel WILL visit you!

Angel still loves you - you know that!!

It will happen when you least expect it!!!

+Quote Post
LizAnn
post Nov 25 2004, 06:54 AM
Post #6

Member No.: 579

[COLOR=purple]I'd been looking for my cat, Sprite, who was v. sick and had disappeared. He had gone away to die. I went home and lay down on the couch and went into a sleep-like state and I saw him. Very clear images, and in them he was a lot younger and looked perfect. He was lying there, just looking at me. I saw him in different poses. My imagination? Or did he really show himself? One thing, the experience felt very intense and felt like stuff I couldn't handle - I'm just a mortal and don't know what happens when we die. The next day I had another image, and in that I saw that he had finished here, and it was time to go. He was more than a cat. I'm not explaining this too well, but his spirit felt powerful, and definitely not mortal. Whereas, I'm just a dumb mortal and felt afraid. I'm left with the impression the spirit is not a wisp but a powerful presence. In life, he had a powerful presence too. He was very social and very determined and very loving. [/COLOR]
Liz

+Quote Post
jillybromley
post Dec 11 2004, 05:09 AM
Post #7

Member No.: 594

My closest friend of 30 years has had kitties all her life. She has lost maybe 10 in all. But there was one very special one called Sam.
On Wednesday night she was sitting quietly in her front room with her 2 cats, and she distinctly heard the sound of a cats paws padding down the stairs.
One of her cats also heard it and his ears went alert and he jumped off her lap to see who the intruder was. He stood at the bottom of the stairs and started acting in that cat behaviour that they do when there is another cat in the vicinity. He was staring at the stairs.
My friend went out and there was no one there. Her cat kept acting in the same way but there was no other cat in the house and the house was locked and all the windows shut.
She glanced up at the kitchen calender and realised it was the anniversary of when Sam had died. She truly believed he had visited her.
I know her very well and know that she truly believes what she heard.

I wish I could have an experience like that, but I never have.
Hugs
Jilly

--------------------
ELLIE, my beautiful precious baby. 1st Sept 2003 - 3rd Dec 2004.
Rest peacefully my little sweetheart.

+Quote Post
Pamela
post Dec 11 2004, 02:26 PM
Post #8

Member No.: 548

I had a dream 2 wks after Moose passed. First I must say I dont dream much at all and have never dreamed about my family members....Well in my dream, my son who is still alive by the way..(i think it was my son in my dream") my dream.......i opened my front door and there in front of a pile of dead grass laid Moose (looking dead) my dad and my son standing there, Moose saw me and jumped up and ran to me, I was petting him saying oh your okay as I stroked his back and noticed it was fine. Then for some reason my father and I pointed our fingers at my son and scolded him (i do not know for what) Then there has been a bird that mimic's Mooses whine, I first heard it about 2wks before moose passed and about 2 wks after it is gone now i havent heard it. I was skeptical about these things but briefly.....my mother bought a house in 1989, she loved this house, used to talk about how happy she was and content in her HOME. About 2 months after she passed I was sitting on her back steps when I noticed an ethching in the cement....it said July 13, 1957, I was shocked and stunned,,,,you see my mother died on July 13, 1994. Pamela

--------------------
Moose, you were a gift for my heart and my soul. I am so thankful to have had you. I love you forever My Mooser.1995-2004

+Quote Post
Jazzygirl
post Apr 13 2005, 08:50 PM
Post #9

Member No.: 777

I keep reading about people receiving visits from their pets and I totally believe in that sort of thing. I talked to 2 other dog lovers at work who've lost pets and said they received visits....but I have yet to get a sign from Jazzy. It's like she never existed and I'm left with memories (that feel like they are receding in my mind) and pictures and a few physical objects. She left me and Bailey. sad.gif
I will never forget a sign that I received when I was in college and my mom put my childhood dog, Candy, down. That morning I was getting ready in my dorm and 2 mourning doves landed on my window sill at the approx time my mom was back home at the vet to put her down. They stayed for a few minutes (I even was able to snap a picture) and then flew away. Nothing like that ever happened before or again. I believe Candy was telling me she was free from her ailing body. When I came home that summer, I heard her in the middle of the night, moving from my room to my mom's room, as she always did. It was a comforting sound and when I woke, I knew her spirit was there. It happened for about a week and then it stopped. I knew she stayed to help comfort me, and then she went over Rainbow Bridge.

So where is Jazzy???????? She and I were bonded SO close and she just up and LEFT ME?? mad.gif

--------------------
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog.
You are his life, his love, his leader.
He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart.
You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
~Unknown

+Quote Post
SJ J & S
post Apr 14 2005, 03:48 AM
Post #10

Member No.: 4

Hi Jazzygirl,

Anger is good it means you are moving on through the mourning process. smile.gif

There could be number of reasons you are not getting a message the main one being that you are in a fog of despair and until some of the negativetly around you clears she will not be able to get through.

The other is that you are missing or dismissing the signes.

Try to relax one evening and meditate, this is not easy to do when your hurting so much but keep trying it helps to relax the brain from all that stress.

Love Sue

--------------------
Jude & Sadie, too well loved to be forgotten

+Quote Post
Jazzygirl
post Apr 17 2005, 01:35 PM
Post #11

Hi Sue,
Thank you so much for your post. I feel like I'm in a whirlwind of emotion...like I'm feeling ALL the stages of grief at the same time. I'm sad, then I'm not = denial. Then I get angry, then guilty for everytime I ever yelled at her or scolded her or got mad at her. (She was an incouragable spirit! LOL) But she was my girl. She was the best of me, hell she even had my facial expressions. LOL It's coming to the one month anniv tomorrow. It is my hope that I'm strong enough to be able to post more about her in my thread. I haven't been able to post a eulogy or tribute in that area of the forum.
I think the first thing you said might be the answer. I'm TOO full of dispair right now. Although others on this board are too so what makes me any different?
Thanks again for your thoughts. smile.gif

--------------------
~Unknown

+Quote Post
SJ J & S
post Apr 17 2005, 04:56 PM
Post #12

Keep looking for signs (but dont get obssessed with it) they can be as simple as a certain record coming on just when you need it, light shining through the window onto her photo or your face.

sometimes the secret is in how that moment made you feel, and you just know it was sent from her. - dont dismiss it by thinking oh im so desperate for a message, take it and send her thanks then the next one should come through more stongly.

After loosing Jude i walked into a carpet shop and 'hey jude' started playing, i walked out and into the shop next door and found the perfect carpet for my bedroom laugh.gif Thanks Jude

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jazzygirl
post Apr 18 2005, 08:36 PM
Post #13

I don't necessarily think this is a "sign" but today I was outside in the backyard with Bailey. I noticed that only in one spot there was 2 short dandelions. There were also a few little purple flowers, close to the ground. They were on the exact spot that Jasmine liked to stand, and look up into the adjacent evergreen trees for birds and squirrels. We used to think she was crazy, because she would stand and stare and bark. It wasn't until months later that I noticed there actually was a few sparrows hiding in there. So she wasn't crazy after all. She LOVED to run around these trees and then stand in front of them in the same spot. It is where those 2 flowers grow.
This is our first spring here in this apartment so I have no way to know if dandelions have grown there before or not. But I do think it's a little weird because usually dandelions sprout all over the place, not just in one little spot.
Even if it's not a sign, I'd like to think that nature is trying to make me feel better by giving her own place as a rememberance. wub.gif

--------------------
~Unknown

+Quote Post
Jazzygirl
post Apr 19 2005, 03:01 PM
Post #14

Sue,
I got a sign today....and I'm a mess. LOL I can't stop crying.
I was out in the yard, looking at the dandelions that I mentioned in my post yesterday. It is so beautiful out today and I kept thinking how much Jasmine would have LOVED to be outside today.
So I stood quietly, and started talking to her. I walked over to the dandelions, and said "Is that you babygirl? Are you trying to cheer me up with flowers?" Then I walked away, and stood at another part of the yard. I took a deep breath and said "I miss you Babygirl...please give me a sign."
About 15 seconds later, I was looking down and I heard the sounds of a mourning dove's wings. That high pitch noise they make when they fly. I looked up and there was a mourning dove, sitting on the metal grapevine holder. I almost fell over. If you recall from my earlier post about the sign from my other dog, it was also a mourning dove. I have always believed these birds were signs.
So I started talking to it. I said "Is that you Jazzy? I miss you so much." The bird turned its head and looked at me. Then it started preening. Now, mourning doves are ground birds, they prefer to be on the ground, not perched. So I KNEW it was her. I started telling her that I loved her, and I missed her. I told her I was sorry that I wasn't the one who was holding her in her last moments. I told her I was so sad without her. Bailey was with me and I said to him, "Look, Jazzy came to see us." He sat down and looked up at me very calmly. Then I asked her if she was okay, and that I hoped she was. Then I said "Be free, Baby...run like you have wings...be free and happy and know that I will always love you and I'll see you again. Thank you for coming to me." The bird turned, and flew away.

Man, I'm a mess right now!!! I'm going out in a couple of hours to see Phantom of the Opera and I hope I can pull myself together!!
Thanks for helping me have faith, Sue. Maybe now she'll come see me more often. wub.gif

--------------------
~Unknown

+Quote Post
Rusty's Mom
post Apr 19 2005, 04:23 PM
Post #15

Member No.: 605

Dear Audrey,

I'm a "mess" after reading your post!! wub.gif . Happy for you and crying at the same time because that moment must have been so emotional. That Mourning Dove was a sign from your Jasmine........I have no doubt. I'd bring alot of kleenex tonight. You'll need it with the beautiful Phantom music! So happy that you receivd a sign from your sweet baby.

Hugs,
Lynn

--------------------
Rusty, I will always love you and never forget you. Thank you for more than 7 wonderful years.

XXOO

+Quote Post
Romeo's_daddy
post Apr 20 2005, 10:46 PM
Post #16

Member No.: 589

I think in our waking moments it is much harder for us to interpret whether or not our babies spirits are present. I know that Romeo visited me once while I was sleeping. It would be easy to pass this off as just a dream but those of us who have had these "dreams" know that they have a different feel to them. I dreamt of Romeo once before he really visited me, and it had that surreal quality to it, you know the way dreams are sometimes weird? In the dream I knew that Romeo had died and that it couldn't really be Romeo, and it was later confirmed in the dream. The dream also had an emotional, frantic feel to it. The real visit from Romeo was very different. It was not dream-like at all. He was laying in bed with me the way he always did and it just felt real, no sense of loss or grief, just very comforting. It was as if he had never left me. When I awoke I was not sad or emotional but rather I was thankful. He has not visited me again since and unfortunately I don't think he will again. I never got to say goodbye to him while he was alive so I think that is why he came to visit, to lessen the pain and guilt I felt for not being there when he died. I wish he would come and visit again but I think that is selfishness on my part. I have a friend who has lost a number of animals over the years and none of them have ever visited her, at least not in the way that Romeo visited me. She loved these animals with all her heart and I know a visit would help her, but for whatever reason they don't visit her in that way. She does believe their spirits have been present at different times and for that I hope she is thankful, even if it is not as settling as the way some of our babies have visited us.

+Quote Post
SJ J & S
post Apr 21 2005, 06:15 PM
Post #17

Its amazing what we just know if we just stop and listen.

Then we have to continue to beleive and not let doubt set in. biggrin.gif our first impressions are always right.

Love and Hugs
Sue

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jazzygirl
post Apr 22 2005, 11:38 PM
Post #18

Hi Lynn. Thank you for your post. Yes, it was hard to listen to Phantom, especially "Wishing you were Somehow Here Again". But I forced myself to hold back the tears because I didn't think it would be wise to let loose in public. LOL

Sue,
Yes, it is amazing. It still feels surreal to me.

--------------------
~Unknown

+Quote Post
jillybromley
post Apr 28 2005, 05:39 AM
Post #19

Member No.: 594

I'm so happy for you that you had such a beautiful experience. I am beginning to realise that the more we acknowledge these special moments when our furbabies attempt to let us know that they are still with us, the more frequently they seem to occur.

I had a small "moment" the day after Ellie died, but could not be truely sure of its significance. A rose bloomed in my garden on the day following her death, in December, on a rose bush that was seemingly dead. Then there was a period of 6 weeks with nothing at all.

Approx 6 weeks after she died I felt the sensation of her jumping on the bed one night and snuggling into the small of my back. It was a very real feeling and lasted 5 minutes.

Then at about the 4 month mark, as I passed the door of my back room, I clearly saw her standing looking out into the garden. By the time I registered what I had seen my footsteps had already taken me past the door and on into the kitchen, I backtracked quickly and looked again and all I could see was a kind of fading translucent mist in the spot where she had been standing.

Since that moment my grief resolved, and now I feel her prescence around me all the time. I know she is alive and well and healed and living on a plane of existence somehow parallell to our own and that at times she may even give me physcial proof of this, even though I now no longer need it.

My cat Tiggy who died the previous year has never visited me.

I hope your wonderful experience has been a comfort to you.
with love
jilly

--------------------
ELLIE, my beautiful precious baby. 1st Sept 2003 - 3rd Dec 2004.
Rest peacefully my little sweetheart.

+Quote Post
Jazzygirl
post Apr 28 2005, 08:47 PM
Post #20

Those are beautiful signs Jilly. I especially love the rose. smile.gif

--------------------
~Unknown

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:15 AM