2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> One Week Missing, I'm losing hope
5catsmom
post Nov 1 2007, 01:56 PM
Post #21

Group: Pet Lovers
Member No.: 1,278

Congratulations! I'm so happy for you both!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
paris
post Nov 1 2007, 05:24 PM
Post #22

Member No.: 3,227

QUOTE (Chloe's Mom @ Nov 1 2007, 12:56 PM)
Chloe is back Home!!!!!!

This is wonderful news! I'm so happy for you! I wonder what happened, though, with the dog search team.....did the shelter say where/how she was found?

I am so relieved for you.

+Quote Post
Chloe's Mom
post Nov 1 2007, 09:18 PM
Post #23

Member No.: 3,815

Chloe is sleeping on my son's lap right now. It's so wonderful to have her home. This has truly been one of the most difficult 2 weeks of my life. I'm glad life can finally get back to normal.

Chloe was picked up by a county animal control officer 13 miles away from our house. Chloe was walking along the street. There is no way that Chloe (a small 6 pound dog) could go that far on her own. I believe the SAR Team. Chloe had been stolen and taken that far away from home.

Chloe has obviously been with someone..... she has put on a lot of weight! They were feeding her way too much. I'll let her get adjusted to being home for a couple of days and then it's diet time. Besides being too fat, she looks good. Her hair was clean and she just looked good overall.

I do have questions - questions that I will never have answers to. Who stole her from me? Why was she found walking along the street? Did the people get tired of her and dump her, or was she able to get away from them?

I know that I'm one of the lucky ones.... my pet was found. My heart breaks for those people still searching for their lost pets (including Socker's mom Jacki).

On my way home from picking up Chloe from the shelter, I noticed a dog walking along the street by himself. He was about 1/2 mile away from my house. I thought how odd for a dog just to be walking like that. I drove about 5 more houses when I decided to go back and check on the dog. As I started to turn my car around, I noticed a frantic looking woman down the street further. I drove down to her and she was indeed looking for her dog. We both returned to where I saw the dog, and when the dog saw the woman, the dog went running to her. There was such relief and joy in the woman's face. If this had happened 2 weeks ago before Chloe went missing, I don't think I even would have noticed the dog or the woman. I was always so busy going on with my life that I just didn't see things around me. The past 2 weeks have changed me.

I want to thank all of you for helping me during this time. Most of my friends just didn't understand my intense feelings, but you guys always seemed to get it. Thanks so much. And I especially want to thank God. I was blessed with a happy ending.

I think I will finally get a good night's sleep tonight.... with Chloe sleeping right next to me where she belongs.

Good Night and God Bless,

Chloe's Mom

+Quote Post
paris
post Nov 2 2007, 06:23 AM
Post #24

Member No.: 3,227

QUOTE (Chloe's Mom @ Nov 1 2007, 09:18 PM)
There was such relief and joy in the woman's face.  If this had happened 2 weeks ago before Chloe went missing, I don't think I even would have noticed the dog or the woman.  I was always so busy going on with my life that I just didn't see things around me. 

The past 2 weeks have changed me. 

Chloe's Mom

God working.....

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 04:53 AM