Forum Rules Site Rules and Courtesies

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Happy Birthday Flossie, 18 years ago today a special angel was born
Flossie's Mom
post Mar 15 2009, 04:52 PM
Post #1

Group: Pet Lovers
Member No.: 5,211

18 years ago today I had no idea what was about to happen for our family.

We had lost our Poodle Ziggy just before Christmas Day. He was only 8 and we had waited for a year to get him after our Poodle Pizzazz had been tragically hit by a car and we lost her at such a young age. Another Poodle, Friskie had been nabbed by a dog (on a leash no less) and killed as we helplessly watched even though I tried my best to get him free. Other dogs of course came before these Pedro, a mutt of 16 when he died and Tugger & Lisa, our beautiful German Shephards.

Kitties of all kinds found their way to us and we had just one in early 1991. No more dogs..... no more dogs...... no more dogs....... I can't bear the loss each time anymore...... so no more dogs!!! Final answer!!!!!!!!!

Why I picked the Poodle for sale ad out and said "let's just go look at them" I didn't know at the time. But now I do.............
Full of life, energy, love, devotion was this little fluff ball right from the beginning. She was perfect in my eyes, but of course had flaws.
The years of joy (and hard work too I must say) this dog gave me will never be forgotten. I needed her and as it turned out, she needed me.

When paralized in her hind legs at 3-1/2 I could never have imagined she would continue to grace my life for another 14-1/2 years. With excellent Vet surgeons available in our area, she walked again. With a limp & an occassional flare up of the nerves & muscles giving us some scares. Three other "she may not make it this time" issues including 2 major surgeries within a week at age 12 showed the spunk and endurance of this little 9lb dog.

Since Mr. Jingles has no birth certificate & I have estimated him to be about a year old, I "assigned" him March 15th as his birthday too. So today, what would have been Flossie's 18th birthday is Jingles' 1st birthday. I know you approve Flossie as you met him just 4 month before you left us. And You only chased him a few times so he must be acceptable!

Today, Flossie, I remember many, many things. You and I both know what fun we had, you and I will always remember how much we meant to each other, what a bond we had. Some things known only to us.

WE HAD IT ALL.... JUST LIKE BOGIE & BACALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
sissycat
post Mar 15 2009, 07:49 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 4,783

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Flossie and Jingles!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+Quote Post
myhrtisbrkn
post Mar 15 2009, 08:36 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 2,048

wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif Happy Birthday pretty girl! wub.gif wub.gif

From me and Famous Amos,
Dayna
Attached image(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
"You in heaven...be aware. When my day comes I will be there. Then open your gates and you will see....on wings you gave, they'll fly to me"

Blessed is he who has earned the love of an old dog.

Rescue one, until there are none!

+Quote Post
goliath
post Mar 15 2009, 09:11 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 4,239

Here's wishing Flossie a very Happy Birthday. After reading all you have shared about her, I know she was the most wonderful little gal who also had a marvelous mom. May the gift of memories you and she made together stay with you forever. wub.gif

HAPPY BIRTHDAY FLOSSIE & MR. JINGLES smile.gif

--------------------
Topics that include Goliath are:
Death of my Furry Baby Boy Chihuahua
Heartfelt Letter to my Goliath
Goliath and Gidget Pics
Happy Birthday Goliath
Goliath's Blessings
Bouncing Baby Browser (Goliath & Gidget's New Baby Brother)
Browser Is Missing!
Goliath Aloysius 1/25/1997 til 11/6/2007
My Gidgie Girl

+Quote Post
myhrtisbrkn
post Mar 16 2009, 05:49 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 2,048

Oops1 Sorry Jingles, I didn't mean to leave you out. I hope you and your wonderful mom have many happy years together.!

--------------------
"You in heaven...be aware. When my day comes I will be there. Then open your gates and you will see....on wings you gave, they'll fly to me"

Blessed is he who has earned the love of an old dog.

Rescue one, until there are none!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:35 PM