Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Jake's Story
Gretta's Mom
post Dec 3 2013, 07:40 AM
Post #101

Group: Pet Lovers
Member No.: 7,067

[font="Impact"][/font][size="5"][/size]
Jakie!! Get ready for a BIG party tonight at Rufus and Gretta's house!

7PM EST (just listen for all the noise if you don't know what this means)!

Party as long and as loud as you can and we'll listen for you then!

Eat as much as you want (no tummy ache danger) - romp around, bark LOUD - howl if you want to!

Why?

It's for Trevor's mom. She got a very good report from her doctor yesterday!

And when you're done partying, bow your heads and go see the Good Man and thank Him for doing that for Trevor's mom.

Love you, Jake! XOXOXOXOOXOXOXOXOX

Gretta and rufus's mom
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gretta's Mom
post Feb 23 2014, 09:14 AM
Post #102

Oh Jake, We need your help today. Trevor's mom has become very very sick. I've asked Gretta and Rufus to organize a giant prayer hum for her. We need your help. You sing such beautiful bass. When you hear the prayer hum getting started, would you gather up all your friends in the Perfect World and go to the feet of the Good Shepherd and hum as hard as you can to plead for Trevor's mom's life. Hum, cheep, moo, grunt, purr, shriek, - any sound an animal makes can be a prayer. Oh thank you Jake-y. Your are a beautiful and wonderful dog.

Rufus and Gretta's mom (in tears)

+Quote Post
Gretta's Mom
post Apr 24 2014, 06:18 AM
Post #103

Hello Jake-y, the world's grandest bulldog! BY now you know that Trevor's mom has joined all of you in the Perfect World. At last her suffering, pain and fear is over. At last she is in the company of the Good Shepherd and all of the animals she loved and who loved her. That gretting parade for her as she was carried into the Perfect World in thee arms of the Good Shepherd must have been spectacular. Trevor at the head and the hundreds of her own and others' animals whose lives she touched all clamoring in joy and wanting to get a touch from her blessed hand.

Your grandpa has been SO kind to us all during Bobbie's ordeal on earth and even after she left us to join you. He has written me so many words of wisdom and comfort. He has even asked the Good Shepherd to say some special prayyers that we down here on earth call "Masses" for Trevor's mom.

Even though both your Grandpa's eyes and mine are filled with tears of loneliness and sorrow, we know that one day we will join you in the Perfect World anad there is an old song that says "what a day of rejoicing that will be." I can't wait to spend a whole day with you, snuggling in the cool shade and swapping stories about heaven and earth.

I love you, Jake! You're a champ.

Gretta and Rufus's mom

+Quote Post
Gretta's Mom
post Jul 6 2014, 05:19 AM
Post #104

Hi Jakie and Grandpa

It's been a long time since i wrote to you but that doesn't mean I've forgotten about you and all the kindness and love you have shown us during the past year. it has been a year of great tragedy as Trevor's mom. my dearest younger sister, has gone to her place in the Perfect World. This has been even harder than losing the two best dogs in the universe: Gretta, the kindest chocolate lab who ever lived, and Rufus, the sweetest BIG black dog there has ever been. I'm glad I had the practice with these two beautiful spirit dogs, because having a beloved person leave this earth is MUCH MUCH harder.

Thank you Jake's Grandpa, for sharing Jake and his story with us. Both of you are true gifts to us in our hour of sorrow. I hope life is treating you, Jake's Grandpa, with all the love and joy that you so richly deserve. Thank you and may God bless your richly every moment of your life.

Love to another of our musketeers,

Gretta and Rufus;s mom

+Quote Post
Gretta's Mom
post Jul 20 2014, 05:58 AM
Post #105

HI Jakey

I love your "mug"! It's a face the only EVERYONE could love - especially a grandpa! Jakey, could I ask you a favor? Could I borrow your strength for a week? I need to go visit my father far away. He is very sick and may be joining you in the Perfect World soon. Gretta and Rufus and Trevor's mom can tell you all about him. The ton-weight on my heart makes it seem that the travel will be a huge effort - airplanes, car rentals, hotels. And then I don't know how I will be able to spend three solid days with my dad. But the Good Shepherd will be my strength - and you, too. People are so funny. They think bulldogs are so fierce - you and I know it's all a mask - bulldogs have the most loving hearts of all - and you guys are so funny. You bring joy to our hearts. So, Jakey, I'm sure your grandpa wouldn't mind lending you to me for a week to be my protector. And when I look at your strong muscles and big teeth ..... I will be completely confident in anything I have to do.

Thank you for coming to earth, Jakey. Thank you for brightening the heart of your grandpa. Thank you for being his "waiter" in the Perfect World. Your booming voice will let everyone know when he arrives at the gate of the Perfect World.

Say hi to everybody I know and if it's not too much trouble, maybe you could help Rufus and Gretta and Trevor's mom organize a prayer hum or two for my dad and me.

Even though I've only seen a picture of you, I know I love you, Jakey.

Gretta and Rufus's mom

+Quote Post
Gretta's Mom
post Aug 19 2014, 05:31 AM
Post #106

Good morning Jake-y!

Have you met Trevor's grandpa (we call him "the dad") yet? He came to the Perfect World about two weeks ago and he will be in the Trevor section. He's the kind, gentle old man that's always smiling and telling Trevor's mom how much he loves her and they are always laughing about something.

Romp on over there and say HI to the dad. I just KNOW he'll love you - for your face, for your body - and for your happy and loving heart - all the things I love you for. I can't wait to meet you and spend a whole day playing with you.

You're the best, Jake-y boy. NO wonder your grandpa loves you so much.

Have a great time in the Perfect World today.

Gretta and Rufus's mom

+Quote Post
Gretta's Mom
post Sep 1 2014, 08:14 AM
Post #107

Good morning Jake-y

I'm sure you and The Dad have become fast friends - well maybe slow friends. Don't feel bad when he laughs at your face - he laughs at anything unusual. I can imagine you two taking afternoon naps, one outsnoring the other. And, not the the other dogs in the pack, YOU like to walk slowly and follow him whatever direction he takes.

Thanks for loving The Dad. Everybody who knew him on earth loved him. I love and miss him just like your grandpa loves and misses you. Someday there will be the biggest party heaven ever saw, "when we all get together."

Have a relaxing day, Jake-y Boy. And be sure to send some love-rays down to your grandpa, OK.

XOXO

Gretta and Rufus's mom

+Quote Post
Gretta's Mom
post Sep 21 2014, 08:31 AM
Post #108

Hi Jake-boy

How's it going up there in the Perfect World? I'll bet your grandpa still misses you and loves you and thinks of you often. Who would not miss a great bulldog like you! You know what you show the world? Something that most people down here have forgotten. That it doesn't matter what you look like. it doesn't matter if you're fat or walk "funny". it doesn't matter if your lower jaw and teeth stick out. It doesn't even matter if you snore when you're awake. All that matters is that your heart is full of love! Thank you for showing all of us that "All there is is love." I love you Jake-y.

Gretta and Rufus's mom

+Quote Post
Gretta's Mom
post Nov 28 2015, 01:06 PM
Post #109

Happy (belated) Thanksgiving, Mr. Jake! I love you!

+Quote Post
My Doxie and Me
post Nov 22 2018, 06:58 PM
Post #110

Member No.: 7,200

Mr. Jake please forgive my Broken words...
Attached Image

Attached Image
As we sit in the rain at are favorite Bench are words resonate through time
and they touch so many yet the rain fall prevents us from truly seeing a best friend....

Attached Image
I leave this rose as to Honor a Great Friend Mr.Jake...

Attached Image
Thank you for Helping me find my friends Paw Prints forever
in your Debit...

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  « < 4 5 6
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 03:11 AM