Forum Rules Site Rules and Courtesies

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Anyone Know A Real Pet Psychic?, Desperately seeking contact
jan
post Sep 20 2007, 03:36 PM
Post #1

Group: Pet Lovers
Member No.: 317

Hello. I haven't been here in a while but my grief over losing my schnauzer, Pepper, on Feb. 10 2007 is as raw today as it was then (he died of hemangiosarcoma).

I contacted a "pet psychic" right after he left who did a phone reading (cost me $50) and she was definitely a fraud.

I am stuck in my grief. I was sobbing the shower last night. I have 2 other dogs whom I love with all my heart but I miss Pepper so much I cannot stand it.

I'm still so angry at God, I HATE HIM. I know I'll have to pay for that but I'm not strong enough yet to care. My boy was so full of life and I don't understand how such a huge presence can just be extinguished like a candle flame? (Damn - here I am crying again).

I literally have not had a second's peace since we found out that Pepper's cancer was terminal on Jan. 20th. I am truly at my wit's end. I am DESPERATE to contact Pepper. I need him to know how much I wanted to cure him. How much I love him. How much I miss him. How much I'm afraid I'm going to lose him if I'm stuck in this godforsaken life for another 20 - 30 years.

I am very, very bitter. I just want to hear from Pepper and know he's okay.

If you know of or have had dealings with a REAL psychic, please let me know.

Thank you.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mink&WillowsMom
post Sep 30 2007, 04:37 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 1,750

Hi Jan,
Several of us have consulted with Hilary Renaissance (www.calmpet.com, email hilary@calmpet.com) and found her to be helpful. You can read about my experience under Lost Pets forum "72 hours missing" on my posting 7/6/07. I later hired a K9 search team to find his body, and the information the dogs gave didn't line up with what Hilary said, but I have my theories about that. If Twitchit had said "I was under a tree and an animal got me" I wouldn't have had a clear sense that she connected with him. (I live in the woods.) But his story of being by the man-made hole brought me to a memory that was so specific I KNOW she connected. His message to me that day was that he'd indeed died, and that I should believe he was telling Hilary that.

The way Hilary works is that she talks with you first, hangs up, talks with Pepper, then calls you back. So be sure to think ahead of time what your questions are, since she's not connecting with the animal in real time. Rereading what you said you want Pepper to know, he knows all of that now. You might want to think what you want to *ask* him, perhaps for what greater purpose might he have chosen to leave when he did?

Another friend just sent me this email about her experience with Hilary:
~~~~~~~
I think I emailed you a few weeks ago that I had a consultation with Hilary Renaissance about a friends dwarf goat that has been a problem for almost 3 years.

Daphne (the goat) has been mean to the other goats in the herd, butting and even hurting the babies of the other mom goats. She won't let people touch her and has just plain been mean and cranky for a few years. I worked on her doing EFT one evening and she was better for a few days, but then reverted back to her old ways. She had been moved back to her original owner several months ago, because she had been so aggressive with new baby goats at Susan’s house.

Daphne told Hilary several things that have caused her grief that she hadn't been able to get over. One of which was a miscarriage or stillborn kid that was never "celebrated". She told Hilary that the spirit of the baby has been with her ever since and it was upsetting her. Hilary said that she communicated with the spirit of the baby that it was time to leave Daphne, and if it wanted to come back into the world as a healthy baby it had that choice. Hilary said that we (humans) needed to tell Daphne we were sorry about not acknowledging the baby she lost. As a side note, they have been trying to breed her for 3 years without it taking. Daphne said she didn't want to get pregnant and then lose another baby.

Right after the consultation, the person that currently had Daphne at her place went out and talked with her and told her that we were sorry about the kid that had been lost and that we now understood why she has been so unhappy.

Well, Susan just gave me an update that Daphne made a complete turn around within 3 days of Hilary visiting with her! She is now back at Susan’s pasture and is a happy social goat, not bothering the other goats or their babies. Everyone is speechless (except me! I have huge goosebumps…thrill bumps) over the change. They can't believe this is the same little goat! Now they are going to try and get her pregnant again, but this time will allow the baby goat to live with her forever. She expressed strong maternal desires to Hilary.
~~~~~~~

Regardless, I hope that you find a way to start easing through your grief. The rage and hurt in your heart is so palpable. Do you talk to Pepper? He can hear you just fine -- he's within feet of you. Probably somewhat confused by why you're upset, "I'm right here, Mama!" His presence hasn't been extinguished at all, just his body. His soul is alive and well. We've been talking about this a bit over at Death and Dying thread, with boogi3 and her loss of Babe. As I had posted there, I firmly believe his spirit -- the part that makes him *Pepper* lives on without a moment's blinking. We are all light, and our souls wrap themselves in these skin suits for a brief trip through this lifespan, but before we got here we're light, and after we leave we're light, only the skins have been shed. I'm not even vaguely religious, but events of this past year have taught me, to my very core, that our spirit, our soul, the energy that enlivens and inspires this meat suit we wear, was here before this body, and is here after this body.

After I lost Mink (the black kitty in the avatar photo) I was *crushed* for months -- his loss was soul-tearing. Finally, after consulting with a mystic who could see Mink, I came to understand that he and I are connected forever. We've been travelling through many lifetimes together and will continue to do so. The fact that he'd shed his body doesn't make us any less connected. Sure, I miss his companionship in the flesh dearly. I'd love to be able to pet him, feel his lovely fur, smell his stinky little breath, and play paddy-cake like we did. But now I understand it's not about loss -- it's just about patience. We'll be together again. My grief for him is still there, I miss him so much, but my view of what 'life' is has broadened so much that I'm able to adopt my soul's perspective that he and I have many, many adventures ahead, and I just have to let the human side of me be patient.
~Kimberly

--------------------
...You precious children, of four feet, whiskers, and mischief...

+Quote Post
paris
post Oct 2 2007, 02:45 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 3,227

Hello Jan.

I just read your post.

You sound like you feel guilty for what happened to Pepper. I hope you know that you did nothing to feel guilty about, and Pepper does/did not think or feel anything against you. I am sure you comforted him to the end.

Jan, you mention God, so I assume you believe. I don't want to preach, but I believe in God and am of the understanding that everything is His will, including suffering. It is part of life that there is suffering, sadness, loss, even horrible atrocities. Illness is one of them, and poor Pepper's body developed a terminal cancer.

Pepper felt only love for you, and it was his time to leave this world. Wherever he is, in whatever state, he can feel your love and does not want you to suffer.

I don't know if you found comfort with a psychic, but I can also recommend calling a pet grief support line, as for instance:
http://www.deltasociety.org/AnimalsHealthPetlossHotline.htm
where there are trained veterinery students and others who are there to help.

You must hold onto your memories of Pepper, and hard as it seems, be happy with the time you did have together.

+Quote Post
jan
post Oct 2 2007, 07:07 PM
Post #4

Thank you both so much.

I was at a Christian book store a week ago, looking for a card for a friend of mine who just lost her sister to lung cancer when I found a very small book on grief. So, I took a seat in one of the chairs and started reading it.

I noticed out of the corner of my eye that a lady a few rows ahead of where I was sitting was looking at me (not staring, just looked for a few seconds - okay, whatever). I had some tears while reading the book because it truly hit home with me. BTW - it's called Good Grief. I thought she was looking at me b/c I had tears on my face - not sobbing, but definitely had some tears flowing.

Anyway, she finally came up to me and said "Excuse me, I really don't normally do this but I want you to know that's a really great book. I'm a chaplain at a women's prison and a GRIEF COUNSELOR and I use that book and recommend it to my clients all the time".

I told her my dog had died in February and I was so angry at God and I missed my baby so much and yes, this book did seem to be hitting all the right buttons for me. We talked right there in the store for about a half hour and since then, even though I do still grieve for Pepper, it is the first time since February 10th that I haven't felt CRUSHED under the weight of unbearable grief. And, it's been "okay" for over a week now!!!

Well, I would like to think that God sent this lady to me. I don't know if He truly did but I'm certainly glad I crossed her path. Somehow, between reading that book and talking with this STRANGER, the clouds have lifted for the first time since February and I am truly thankful.

+Quote Post
jan
post Oct 2 2007, 07:10 PM
Post #5

Kimberly and paris - thank you so much for caring and for your replies. You have no idea how much your caring means to me.

+Quote Post
jan
post Oct 2 2007, 07:46 PM
Post #6

BTW - this is Pepper.
Attached image(s)
Attached Image

+Quote Post
paris
post Oct 3 2007, 06:02 AM
Post #7

Member No.: 3,227

Jan, your story brought tears to my eyes. I can not tell you how happy I am that you have lifted the crushing weight and have moved towards 'good grief'. Yes, my first thought when you were telling the story about that woman was "God's Hand is in this."

Death is part of life, and without suffering, we would not be human and develop compassion. This website would not be here but for the fact that each of us has suffered over our pets.

P.S. Pepper looks very intelligent!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 06:04 PM