6 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Jake's Story
Jake'sGrandpa
post Jul 14 2013, 07:45 AM
Post #81

Group: Pet Lovers
Member No.: 7,738

Hello, my precious Jake. It was one year ago this morning that we had to send you to a place where you would no longer suffer from the terrible illness which struck you in the prime of your life. I hope that you are happy there and that you will wait for me to join you, for I know that God will bring us together again. Until then, I hold your memory in a special place in my heart; you are always missed, but never forgotten. I love you, my sweet boy.

Attached Image

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
My Doxie and Me
post Jul 21 2013, 01:19 PM
Post #82

Member No.: 7,200

Gabe and Mr. Jake

I have a story to tell you both a random encounter lucky moment an insight to the life that touch are hearts
My friend Free/Friede needs a nail trim busy day after work i pick my friend up high in the air as she looks down
on me and i say lets go for a ride... Simple day as her ears sing with the Winds as i'am filled with memory... As we
Arrive at Pet Smart i stand in line waiting and a Bully walks in a lovely young lady in tow.

My observation as i hold my friend in my arms the young lady kneels to comfort the Bully as she rubs his jowls as i
look down i cant help but notice how larger then life these Beast/Vikings are seems my words where point blank in time
What i failed to see the picture of jake dressed in a shirt surrounded by the ones he loves is just the King Himself;..
Attached Image

The lady behind the counter says are you ready to the Bully and the young lady nods the bully looks away This is the impressive part
Great come on lets go the lady behind the counter pulls at the leash as the 70 pound plus bully is having none of this as i watch in silence
The young lady still kneeling looks to her friend and she speaks Its ok go on as the bully eyes where constant connection with his friend
His own language as he turns his head towards the lady with the leash his little tail begins to sway as he follows a stranger only with his
best friends permission she stood up only after her true friend was out of sight. What i missed in the pictures is how truly massive your
friend is in real life Like a Viking; I just needed to see it for myself what a site it was...

Now for free she is a good girl when it comes to nail trims she needs to be held and will not go willingly as i see how intelligent your friend
can be or should i say how tolerant the larger then life Bully can be; Gabe thank you for sharing Jake he has opened my eyes where
in the days of my friends passing i would have missed Thank you.

Mr. Jake you have touched my life only after you have passed this speaks volumes of your friend you have kissed goodbye...

Attached Image

+Quote Post
Gretta's Mom
post Jul 22 2013, 07:09 PM
Post #83

Member No.: 7,067

Happy First Angel-versary, Jake! What a celebration it must be to have a birthday in the Perfect World. And the best present of all is to have your grandpa, who loves you more than anything else in the world, wish you a happy birthday - through his tears - and send your picture to the whole world so we will recognize you when we get there.

I love you, Jake.

Gretta and Rufus's mom

+Quote Post
Jake'sGrandpa
post Jul 29 2013, 09:18 AM
Post #84

You have both touched my life and my heart, My Doxie and Me and Gretta's Mom. Your kindness is balm for my lingering grief. Thank you both so very much.

+Quote Post
Gretta's Mom
post Jul 30 2013, 04:41 PM
Post #85

Jake's grandpa

Our hearts will forever be hollow because our precious dogs left behind a piece of their hearts and took a piece of ours. That's where the hollow, empty, longing feeling comes from. We grieve in proportion as we loved and are loved - I'm sure of it. And like finds like so our little group found each other. I get second dibs on petting Jake-y!!

Another pensive evening alone,

Rufus and Gretta's mom

+Quote Post
Jake'sGrandpa
post Aug 7 2013, 06:55 AM
Post #86

Gretta's Mom, you can pet Jake all you like. I get to pet Rufus and Gretta, though.

+Quote Post
Gretta's Mom
post Aug 7 2013, 12:17 PM
Post #87

It's a deal - made in heaven!

+Quote Post
Bobbie
post Aug 15 2013, 07:49 PM
Post #88

Member No.: 7,068

Hello Jake's Grandpa!

A quick note to thank you for loving Jake as you did. It is a tribute that you will always have.

Trevor is very proud to have Jake as a GOOOOOOOD friend.

Don't forget that every time you see a butterfly, Jake is saying hello and checking up on you!!! (it's true)

Have a peace-filled night!

XOXOxoxo
Bobbie

+Quote Post
Jake'sGrandpa
post Aug 20 2013, 06:27 PM
Post #89

Hi, Bobbie! It's really great to see you posting here again. I'll keep an eye out for for those butterflies.

+Quote Post
Bobbie
post Aug 25 2013, 01:28 PM
Post #90

Hi Jake's Grandpa!

Yup - keep an eye out for the butterflies. Only those of us that were/are lucky enough to have love(d) a pet know what their real meaning it. And YOU are counted amongst those that truly know.

Your Jake was/is one lucky fella. He knew you and felt all the love possible. Thank you!

Have a great week and know that Trevor and I love you!

XOXOxoxo
Trevor's Mom (Bobbie)

+Quote Post
Jake'sGrandpa
post Aug 28 2013, 07:09 AM
Post #91

Thanks, Bobbie. Love ya!

+Quote Post
Bobbie
post Sep 5 2013, 10:34 PM
Post #92

Hi Jake's Grandpa and Jake!

I hope you are both doing well. I know at least one of you are! smile.gif

Well, I am losing my hair and have developed male-pattern baldness! I have the same hair pattern as a good friend and neighbor, Mr. Ralph, who loved Trevor mightily. Way to go chemotherapy!

J. Grandpa, you are a wonderful person and I just know that Jake is smiling on you every minute and is continuously sending you lots of love! wub.gif
Have a good weekend.....and GO RAVENS!!!

XOXOxoxo
Trevor's mom
Bobbie

+Quote Post
Jake'sGrandpa
post Sep 13 2013, 06:54 AM
Post #93

Hello, Bobbie, and thank you for your good wishes. I hope that you are feeling OK and that Trevor's spirit is with you. As for your hair, take it as a sign that the chemotherapy is doing what it should. What good is hair anyway? It's vastly over-rated and a pain to take care of. Maybe I'll shave mine off in your honor. wink.gif

+Quote Post
Bobbie
post Sep 14 2013, 06:20 PM
Post #94

Hi Jake's Grandpa!!!!!!!

You would really shave off your hair for me???????? WOW! But you don't have to. One thing about less hair is that you don't get fleas (Oh! I forgot, that's true with my boys only. laugh.gif ) One does save on the amount of shampoo being used, though.

Trevor is sending me all sorts of happy vibes because I am having a great weekend - being with my grandkids and great nephews! What is better than revving up the kids and then going home????

I'm sure Jake and Trevor and Gretta and Rufus and Mickey and Jenna are all having a rand time right now. Hope so.

Love you much!
XOXOxoxo
Bobbie

+Quote Post
Gretta's Mom
post Sep 28 2013, 07:34 AM
Post #95

HI jake's grandpa

Thinking of you and Jake and your heart and your smile and your love for Bobbie and your prayers for our family .... oh and just all kinds of good stuuf about you and Jake. Thank you for being Just looking at Jake's face makes me smile. And I'm practicing my bulldog growl. Do they growl? Or are they more like Whispering Muscovy ducks who latch on to you pant leg and NEVER let go.

You are a treasure in my life, Jake's grandpa. Thank you for the gift of your friendship.

Have a good fall day.

Gretta and Rufus's mom

+Quote Post
Jake'sGrandpa
post Oct 8 2013, 07:20 AM
Post #96

Thank you both, Bobbie and Gretta's Mom, for your kind thoughts and good wishes. I hope that y'all are doing well. I'm OK, still missing my Jake everyday, though. I hope he's enjoying a good afterlife with Trevor, Gretta, Rufus, Jenna, and all the other good dogs of our friends here.

And, yes, Gretta's Mom, bulldogs do growl. At least mine did, especially when he got tired of waiting for me to do something for him. I didn't mind, though, and wish he were here growling at me now.

+Quote Post
Bobbie
post Oct 8 2013, 07:09 PM
Post #97

Hi Jake's Grandpa!!!

Jake was a lucky fella, you know. He got to know his Grandpa really well and know that his Grandpa loved him a LOT!
None of my boys got to know their Grandpa and even I only got to know one of mine for a few short years, as he went to Heaven when I was just 10 years old.
YOU were a totally terrific grandpa and I also know (on good words from Trevor) that Jake is in Heaven telling everyone (even those who have heard it all before) how simply marvelous you are!

Just thought I'd let you know, in case you didn't.

Love,
Trevor's mom, Bobbie wub.gif

+Quote Post
Jake'sGrandpa
post Oct 10 2013, 07:27 AM
Post #98

Thanks, Bobbie. I appreciate your saying that. I get to feeling pretty low about losing Jake sometimes and it helps to hear such things. Hope all is well with you and sister Jeanne.

+Quote Post
Gretta's Mom
post Oct 14 2013, 09:36 AM
Post #99

OH Jake's grandpa

Thank you for the beautiful bouquet of flowers. And it does help. Every good wish that is given to me takes a little bit off the load. And just knowing you are a praying man helps even more - because our God is a loving God and He helps his dear children along.

Thank you so much, Gabe. (I'm still coming to visit you someday and go to New Orleans.)

+Quote Post
Gretta's Mom
post Oct 29 2013, 09:16 AM
Post #100

Hi Jake (and your grandpa)

Thank you for joining in the big prayer-hum and party for Trevor's mom and dad. They went on their big trip and visited Trevor's mommie's and he gave her the biggest hug ever. Thank your grandpa for all his precious prayers for her ... they worked.

Say hi to Gretta and Rufus for me, OK?

Their mom

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 11:46 AM