Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules Site Rules and Courtesies
> Getting To Know Each Other, talk about yourself
Brutus
post Dec 3 2009, 09:59 PM
Post #1

Group: Pet Lovers
Member No.: 6,235

I thought this thread might be fun. Tell about yourself..whatever you feel comfortable posting on the web.

I am 29..11 years in a row now...no need for a calculator..lol. I am an Air Traffic Controller, my husband is as well but we are at different airports about 70 miles apart. I've been doing this job for 11 years now..only 9 1/2 until retirement! I've been married for 14 1/2 years and we met in college..hubbies name is Doug. We have no children of the human kind. We tried but I couldn't carry, I think that's one reason we are so close to our animals..they are my life. We love to be outdoors...camping, boating, fishing, bow hunting, snow skiing. I also like to tie flies, bowl, read, play piano (which I am not good at).

We have a weekend house that we go to on our days off...we are lucky we have basically the same schedule..it is near a lake..in the summer thats where we are as much as possible.

I am from Pittsburgh, PA..we moved to MI about 12 years ago. All my family is in PA and NC...so just me and the hubby up here.

That's pretty much it in a nutshell. If you go to my profile there is a pic of me and Doug..It's nice to put a face with the name.

Anyhow I'd love to hear about you...and see a pic too if you've got one!

--------------------
****Sonya****

In loving memory of my soulmate, Brutus...never forgotten, always missed.

Brutus Midnight Gunsmoke
Black Lab and best friend
11-22-96 to 11-16-09
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
AngelCareOne
post Dec 8 2009, 12:35 AM
Post #2

Group: Pet Lovers
Member No.: 4,797

PS. By the way, this is what I posted to Ann last year about the Christmas fun. Hope you enjoy!

<<Snippet>>

Since I live alone and have for years, I never put up any Christmas decorations like I did when I was younger. Oh, I did as much as my budget would afford me to decorate back then. Anyway, for these past several years, I always celebrate Christmas with my fur kids by singing Christmas Carols to them, telling them Christmas stories while I pet, kiss, play with them and give them belly rubs, wrap them in Christmas wrapping paper ... Well, I try to anyway. LOL! And the most fun thing I do is to stick bows of all different colors all over them. You know? The kind you buy on sale that come in clear plastic bags and you just peel off that wax type paper from the back then just stick them to the presents you're wrapping. Those bows.

Styx and Buddy don't mind it a bit but I knew it would freak out Alex so I never stuck any bows on him but he sure loved me singing those Christmas songs. Awww! What a happy bunch of fur and feather kids. smile.gif Well, about two or three years ago but less than four years ago (sorry but those years fly by), I was chatting with a few online friends telling them all about it and they thought it so dear and the wrapping paper and bow sticking part hilarious. Hehehe! Sherry told me I should put a piece of Scotch tape on the bottom of one of Styx kitty's back feet because they act so funny shaking their leg or just dropping to the ground and the like. Ut Oh ... I need to pause. Laughing too hard to type. Oh ... *Pausing* Okay, I'm back ...

Well, I had never heard of anyone doing that. Of course it's not cruel or abusive in any manner at all and doesn't hurt your kitty. What the heck then. I'll try it. OMG! Yes, I'm laughing again. Styx was walking toward the back sliding glass door, I cut off a piece of generic Scotch tape, put it on the bottom of one of his back paws and waited for the show. Ann, I should be flogged with a wet noodle. Poor Styx kitty walked one or two steps, raised that tapped back paw and fell over! OMG!!! LOL!!! No, he was fine. He just went *PLOP!* ... And TIMBER! I cannot stop laughing! LOL! Ann, I was Sooooo Mean! I leaned over, tried to stand him up and get him to walk while I held him from underneath. That kitteh looked like he was high as a kite. Finally he made it about 5 feet away or so to the landing on my staircase. Raised that leg again and ... Plop! Fell right over on his side and he looked sad to me. *Sniffle!*

At that point, I felt so gosh awful guilty that I ran to him, spoke lovingly as I removed the tape, got there on the carpeted stair landing with him, hugged, kissed, petted, scratched his favorite places on his face, ears, neck and belly and kept telling him how sorry I was. Well, I didn't tell the guilt part to Sherry but I did tell her what all Styx did up to him going to the stair landing.

Sherry laughed and laughed. As for me? I did this >>>

Dang, I can't find the photo I used at that time but it was better than the one above. Anyway, I posted the doctored photo that I found in google image search along with a big fib acting like I was upset ... And did that at my message board with the topic title: "Sherry Made Me Do This To My Kitty Styx!" Then I sent out a mass mail to all the board members about it and ...

LOL!!! Sherry laughed Sooooo Hard and some members took it seriously because the Photoshop picture I did use looked very real and also looked almost identical to my Styx kitty.
It was a riot and a grand time was had by all. True story. Word! LOL!

Love You Oodles and Boodles, Ann!!! wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif

Always,
Dottie xoxoxox

<<End Snippet>>

Me again. Like I said before, I am so bad! LOL!

Big Hugs to all and your Angel Fur and Feather Kids!!!

Always,
Dottie xoxoxox
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
- Brutus   Getting To Know Each Other   Dec 3 2009, 09:59 PM
- - Brutus   Thought I would add a few more things while I...   Dec 3 2009, 11:49 PM
- - janika   Hi Sonya What a good idea. I think I must be the ...   Dec 4 2009, 02:19 PM
|- - smokey/lady/max   QUOTE (janika @ Dec 4 2009, 02:19 PM) Hi ...   Dec 8 2009, 05:28 PM
|- - smokey/lady/max   Hi Sonya I am new and cannot figure out how to ...   Dec 8 2009, 05:31 PM
- - AngelCareOne   Hi, Sonya and Jan. There's really not that muc...   Dec 5 2009, 12:00 AM
- - Brutus   Jan and Dottie - so glad you posted, was beginning...   Dec 5 2009, 09:11 AM
- - Brutus   Wanted to add..every animal I've had through m...   Dec 5 2009, 02:16 PM
|- - madi   Just thought I would tell you guys about a man I m...   Dec 6 2009, 07:43 AM
- - janika   You are so right there Sonya. All my Animal Soul m...   Dec 6 2009, 03:09 AM
- - janika   Oh Madi What a wonderful story. That has cheered m...   Dec 6 2009, 08:01 AM
|- - madi   Yes, I will be glad when Christmas is over, which ...   Dec 6 2009, 08:21 AM
- - madi   I may share my secrets with you all if I can find ...   Dec 6 2009, 08:02 AM
- - Brutus   The minis are capable of alot...at least some of t...   Dec 6 2009, 08:10 AM
- - Brutus   No tree for us this year..we just dont feel like i...   Dec 6 2009, 08:50 AM
|- - madi   The guy said he has taught the horse nothing, it i...   Dec 6 2009, 09:08 AM
- - AngelCareOne   Hi Sonya, Madi and Jan. So true that Christmas and...   Dec 6 2009, 05:27 PM
- - madi   Hi Dottie, Jan and Sonya, Dottie, I have been lau...   Dec 7 2009, 03:03 AM
- - janika   Wow what amazing videos. I just adore Patches, he ...   Dec 7 2009, 05:39 AM
- - LS Support   pinning this post near the top of this forum   Dec 7 2009, 10:58 AM
- - AngelCareOne   Hi Madi, Jan and Sonya. So glad you liked the vide...   Dec 8 2009, 12:17 AM
- - AngelCareOne   PS. By the way, this is what I posted to Ann last ...   Dec 8 2009, 12:35 AM
- - janika   OOOOh Dottie, you are soooo naughty....... but nic...   Dec 8 2009, 09:24 AM
- - Brutus   Hi all...can't see the links today...stinky di...   Dec 8 2009, 09:36 AM
- - AngelCareOne   Hi Sonya, Madi and Jan. Sonya and Madi, since you ...   Dec 8 2009, 05:21 PM
|- - madi   Oh Dottie, they were beautiful, I have always had ...   Dec 8 2009, 08:43 PM
- - Brutus   Anna...sorry I didn't get to you sooner..I saw...   Dec 8 2009, 08:34 PM
- - janika   Hi All Those images are so beautiful Dottie. Than...   Dec 9 2009, 04:54 AM
- - Brutus   Dottie...I will have to check out all your links w...   Dec 9 2009, 11:13 AM
- - janika   Sonya Hubby and I went for a long walk in our loca...   Dec 9 2009, 02:28 PM
|- - madi   Oh Jan! when you said you don't have a lic...   Dec 9 2009, 06:43 PM
- - janika   Oh Madi I've only just found this posting as t...   Dec 12 2009, 04:38 AM
- - janika   OOh ha. Just been crying with tears about the bit ...   Dec 12 2009, 04:43 AM
- - Brutus   Madi...your Mum sounds like a real hoot! My g...   Dec 12 2009, 09:15 AM
- - AngelCareOne   Hi Madi, Jan, Sonya and all. So glad you liked the...   Dec 12 2009, 02:41 PM
|- - madi   Oh DottI, I just love that little white kitty cat,...   Dec 13 2009, 01:21 AM
|- - madi   That is so funny Dottie, I wish someone would have...   Dec 14 2009, 05:08 AM
- - janika   Ha, Dottie Angel (scrooge). Never!!! O...   Dec 12 2009, 03:14 PM
|- - madi   Jan, just gave the animals a hug from you, except ...   Dec 13 2009, 01:27 AM
- - Brutus   heehee...love the bah humbug kitty...he looks very...   Dec 14 2009, 08:05 AM
- - janika   What great pictures Sonya. Adorable anaimals, plea...   Dec 14 2009, 08:09 AM
- - Brutus   Thanks Jan...here are the goats...Rambo and Rocky....   Dec 14 2009, 08:31 AM
- - Brutus   And I found these in there too: my back yard when...   Dec 14 2009, 08:32 AM
- - janika   You sure have a lovely home Sonya. Lots of space. ...   Dec 14 2009, 09:34 AM
- - Brutus   Jan here is another for ya...this little girl...   Dec 14 2009, 01:24 PM
- - janika   Thats quite an achievement there Sonya. What lovel...   Dec 14 2009, 03:12 PM
- - Brutus   QUOTE What are your temps at the moment. We're...   Dec 16 2009, 08:36 AM
- - AngelCareOne   RE: Getting To Know Each Other   Dec 16 2009, 03:15 PM
- - janika   Hi Sonya I think you get much more snow than us by...   Dec 16 2009, 04:07 PM
- - Brutus   Dottie...that's so funny! lol   Dec 17 2009, 09:56 AM
2 Pages V   1 2 >

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 03:22 AM