Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules Site Rules and Courtesies
> Getting To Know Each Other, talk about yourself
Brutus
post Dec 3 2009, 09:59 PM
Post #1

Group: Pet Lovers
Member No.: 6,235

I thought this thread might be fun. Tell about yourself..whatever you feel comfortable posting on the web.

I am 29..11 years in a row now...no need for a calculator..lol. I am an Air Traffic Controller, my husband is as well but we are at different airports about 70 miles apart. I've been doing this job for 11 years now..only 9 1/2 until retirement! I've been married for 14 1/2 years and we met in college..hubbies name is Doug. We have no children of the human kind. We tried but I couldn't carry, I think that's one reason we are so close to our animals..they are my life. We love to be outdoors...camping, boating, fishing, bow hunting, snow skiing. I also like to tie flies, bowl, read, play piano (which I am not good at).

We have a weekend house that we go to on our days off...we are lucky we have basically the same schedule..it is near a lake..in the summer thats where we are as much as possible.

I am from Pittsburgh, PA..we moved to MI about 12 years ago. All my family is in PA and NC...so just me and the hubby up here.

That's pretty much it in a nutshell. If you go to my profile there is a pic of me and Doug..It's nice to put a face with the name.

Anyhow I'd love to hear about you...and see a pic too if you've got one!

--------------------
****Sonya****

In loving memory of my soulmate, Brutus...never forgotten, always missed.

Brutus Midnight Gunsmoke
Black Lab and best friend
11-22-96 to 11-16-09
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
AngelCareOne
post Dec 6 2009, 05:27 PM
Post #2

Group: Pet Lovers
Member No.: 4,797

Hi Sonya, Madi and Jan. So true that Christmas and other holidays without our fur kids are so difficult for us. You know those bows you buy in plastic bags where you just peel off the wax paper type of thing on the back and then stick them on the packages you've wrapped? I used to love sticking those bows all over Buddy dog and Styx kitty, but not Alex parrot because I knew that would freak him out. Buddy loved it and Styx didn't care one way or the other. So much fun. Alex enjoyed watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade every year and appeared to enjoy the Mummers much more than the giant balloons. Perhaps it's because the Mummers wore those really festive costumes and danced a whole lot. Oh, Alex loved that so much. Styx kitty slept pretty much through it all while I petted him and Buddy. Buddy appeared to enjoy the all holiday TV shows, too. It's really difficult to tell with Buddy dog's blank expression on his face most of the time. LOL.

Alex also loved watching Christmas parades on the TV as well as the dozens of Youtubes I have of houses and lawns flashing in time to music. I think his favorite was the award winning one that flashed in time to the song called "Wizards of Winter" by the Trans Siberian Orchestra. No words, just awesome music. Alex only got to see this one several times during the one year since it was posted at Youtube in 2006 and he was abducted October of 2007. Still, he loved it so much that I played it for him many times even after the Christmas season was over. Let me go fetch that one so you'll see why it would be fascinating to practically any bird. You'd know about that, Sonya. I read about your African Grey, Amazon, cockatiels, parakeets, and a Moluccan cockatoo named Clyde. I am so sorry he got sick. Hugs!!! Well, here's the one that Alex loved so much and I know you will, too. Please turn up your volume and click below. Do watch to the very end as it just gets better and better. Absolutely amazing synchronization of the lights to the music. Wow!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szLmAPW39uE

Alex loved this one also. It's the Trans Siberian Orchestra opening their show with Wizards in Winter live from MSG in 2005. Caution! If you have any type of seizure disorder whereby flashing lights such as those from a strobe light will cause you to have a seizure, please do not view this video. I'm not kidding this time. You'll see that I've put this in bold and underlined it. Please pay heed. Thank you. Unfortunately, I only watched this one with Alex parrot one time since viewing these types of flashing lights can bring on a seizure with me. No, I didn't have a seizure that one time, but didn't want to push my luck and take the risk of watching it again. So, whenever I'd play it for Alex as he sat on my right shoulder, I'd cover my eyes and turn my head while he enjoyed since he loved it so much. Please click on the link below the picture ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSHSzGzqwfs

Alex never got to see this one but I know he'd have loved it very much, so I'm putting it here just for him. Hope youze guyze don't mind the redundancy. Thank you and Alex thanks you! The same seizure caution holds true for the following video due to the very bright, colorful, flashing lights. Again, no. I'm not kidding. And here it is even better than the last one. Shot at the Trans Siberian Orchestra Concert/Tour. LIVE in Toronto, Canada on November 12, 2009 at The Air Canada Center. SET #2 Song: "Wizards in Winter." So very wonderful! Ooo and Ahhh ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8fI1SYCuUM

Hope youze guyze enjoyed. Ain't that something? Like I said, "Wow!"

Madi, I read about your friend and his miniature guide horse. How wonderful! What a dear, sweet, compassionate, intelligent, loving companion! Many times miniature horses are a perfect alternative to guide dogs due to the person having allergies, possible phobia of dogs or other reasons.

Here are a couple great Websites about miniature guide horses with some lovely photos and information as well ...

http://www.guidehorse.org/

http://bridlepath.wordpress.com/2007/01/27...-for-the-blind/

Next: Please watch to the very end. Patches is not a miniature horse but he's cool as heck and sure enjoys the wind in his mane while riding in that car to get cheeseburgers at the local drive through. I love the way that car is painted, how Patches sits on the sofa watching TV with those two, fetches beer, answers the phone and covers himself up to sleep in bed. Awww!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=teHfyby_veU

Well, that's all for now. See ya soon.

Many Comforting Hugs to all and your Angel Fur and Feather Kids!!! wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif

Always,
Dottie xoxoxox
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
- Brutus   Getting To Know Each Other   Dec 3 2009, 09:59 PM
- - Brutus   Thought I would add a few more things while I...   Dec 3 2009, 11:49 PM
- - janika   Hi Sonya What a good idea. I think I must be the ...   Dec 4 2009, 02:19 PM
|- - smokey/lady/max   QUOTE (janika @ Dec 4 2009, 02:19 PM) Hi ...   Dec 8 2009, 05:28 PM
|- - smokey/lady/max   Hi Sonya I am new and cannot figure out how to ...   Dec 8 2009, 05:31 PM
- - AngelCareOne   Hi, Sonya and Jan. There's really not that muc...   Dec 5 2009, 12:00 AM
- - Brutus   Jan and Dottie - so glad you posted, was beginning...   Dec 5 2009, 09:11 AM
- - Brutus   Wanted to add..every animal I've had through m...   Dec 5 2009, 02:16 PM
|- - madi   Just thought I would tell you guys about a man I m...   Dec 6 2009, 07:43 AM
- - janika   You are so right there Sonya. All my Animal Soul m...   Dec 6 2009, 03:09 AM
- - janika   Oh Madi What a wonderful story. That has cheered m...   Dec 6 2009, 08:01 AM
|- - madi   Yes, I will be glad when Christmas is over, which ...   Dec 6 2009, 08:21 AM
- - madi   I may share my secrets with you all if I can find ...   Dec 6 2009, 08:02 AM
- - Brutus   The minis are capable of alot...at least some of t...   Dec 6 2009, 08:10 AM
- - Brutus   No tree for us this year..we just dont feel like i...   Dec 6 2009, 08:50 AM
|- - madi   The guy said he has taught the horse nothing, it i...   Dec 6 2009, 09:08 AM
- - AngelCareOne   Hi Sonya, Madi and Jan. So true that Christmas and...   Dec 6 2009, 05:27 PM
- - madi   Hi Dottie, Jan and Sonya, Dottie, I have been lau...   Dec 7 2009, 03:03 AM
- - janika   Wow what amazing videos. I just adore Patches, he ...   Dec 7 2009, 05:39 AM
- - LS Support   pinning this post near the top of this forum   Dec 7 2009, 10:58 AM
- - AngelCareOne   Hi Madi, Jan and Sonya. So glad you liked the vide...   Dec 8 2009, 12:17 AM
- - AngelCareOne   PS. By the way, this is what I posted to Ann last ...   Dec 8 2009, 12:35 AM
- - janika   OOOOh Dottie, you are soooo naughty....... but nic...   Dec 8 2009, 09:24 AM
- - Brutus   Hi all...can't see the links today...stinky di...   Dec 8 2009, 09:36 AM
- - AngelCareOne   Hi Sonya, Madi and Jan. Sonya and Madi, since you ...   Dec 8 2009, 05:21 PM
|- - madi   Oh Dottie, they were beautiful, I have always had ...   Dec 8 2009, 08:43 PM
- - Brutus   Anna...sorry I didn't get to you sooner..I saw...   Dec 8 2009, 08:34 PM
- - janika   Hi All Those images are so beautiful Dottie. Than...   Dec 9 2009, 04:54 AM
- - Brutus   Dottie...I will have to check out all your links w...   Dec 9 2009, 11:13 AM
- - janika   Sonya Hubby and I went for a long walk in our loca...   Dec 9 2009, 02:28 PM
|- - madi   Oh Jan! when you said you don't have a lic...   Dec 9 2009, 06:43 PM
- - janika   Oh Madi I've only just found this posting as t...   Dec 12 2009, 04:38 AM
- - janika   OOh ha. Just been crying with tears about the bit ...   Dec 12 2009, 04:43 AM
- - Brutus   Madi...your Mum sounds like a real hoot! My g...   Dec 12 2009, 09:15 AM
- - AngelCareOne   Hi Madi, Jan, Sonya and all. So glad you liked the...   Dec 12 2009, 02:41 PM
|- - madi   Oh DottI, I just love that little white kitty cat,...   Dec 13 2009, 01:21 AM
|- - madi   That is so funny Dottie, I wish someone would have...   Dec 14 2009, 05:08 AM
- - janika   Ha, Dottie Angel (scrooge). Never!!! O...   Dec 12 2009, 03:14 PM
|- - madi   Jan, just gave the animals a hug from you, except ...   Dec 13 2009, 01:27 AM
- - Brutus   heehee...love the bah humbug kitty...he looks very...   Dec 14 2009, 08:05 AM
- - janika   What great pictures Sonya. Adorable anaimals, plea...   Dec 14 2009, 08:09 AM
- - Brutus   Thanks Jan...here are the goats...Rambo and Rocky....   Dec 14 2009, 08:31 AM
- - Brutus   And I found these in there too: my back yard when...   Dec 14 2009, 08:32 AM
- - janika   You sure have a lovely home Sonya. Lots of space. ...   Dec 14 2009, 09:34 AM
- - Brutus   Jan here is another for ya...this little girl...   Dec 14 2009, 01:24 PM
- - janika   Thats quite an achievement there Sonya. What lovel...   Dec 14 2009, 03:12 PM
- - Brutus   QUOTE What are your temps at the moment. We're...   Dec 16 2009, 08:36 AM
- - AngelCareOne   RE: Getting To Know Each Other   Dec 16 2009, 03:15 PM
- - janika   Hi Sonya I think you get much more snow than us by...   Dec 16 2009, 04:07 PM
- - Brutus   Dottie...that's so funny! lol   Dec 17 2009, 09:56 AM
2 Pages V   1 2 >

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:49 AM