IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules Site Rules and Courtesies
> Just Lost My Kitty Chloe, I have a few questions about something I experienced today
Beth_P
post Jun 24 2019, 11:16 PM
Post #1

Group: Pet Lovers
Member No.: 9,272

Hi everyone,
I just lost my Chloe this past Friday June 21st. She was almost 20 and my very best friend. She let me know she was ready and I got her to the vet and her passing was peaceful. I never possibly thought anything could hurt this bad.

The weekend was bad but today I felt a bit better so I went to the library as I needed to print some forms. I was fine until right when I finished. Then out of nowhere a particular memory from Friday hit me. And suddenly it felt like I was right back in that moment experiencing it for the first time. I started crying as discreetly as possible, put my sunglasses on so no one could see, and made it home where the crying and sadness were as bad as Friday. And then when I got my mail, there was a pet food coupon in it which absolutely killed me.

Has anyone else had that kind of thing happen while out in public? How did you handle it? And why do those memories just pop into my head without anything triggering them? It’s beyond horrifying. There are two specific memories in particular that I cannot get out of my head no matter what I do.

I also cannot stand to listen to any music that’s even remotely close to being sad. I had to mute my TV tonight at a car commercial because of the music. And the idea of looking at any photos of her is unbearable right now. I can’t look at her little paw prints from the vet either.

Is all this normal? This was my first pet on my own as opposed to a family pet. I live alone too. So her passing is having a major impact on my entire life. Sorry this is so long. I haven’t had anyone to talk to about this until now.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Mistletoe
post Jun 25 2019, 01:41 PM
Post #2

Group: Pet Lovers
Member No.: 3,246

Beth---

So sorry for your loss--She was with you for a long time--but--I have found that no matter how long or short the time---the feeling is always the same.
We were a multi-cat family---so I went through it many times. Our last one passed away, 2 years ago. Talk about human sadness, his buddy, Booger was so depressed, I had to get him another buddy—he is now a happy cat.
I just recently went through, what you described, with our dog, Daisy. We had her for 9 years, but knew her for 2 years before she became a member of our family. She passed away the 25th of January.
It was a horrible time for me---and I still cry when I think of her.

“Not the least hard thing to bear when they go from us, these quiet friends, is that they carry away with them so many years of our own lives.”

― John Galsworthy

Attached Image

--------------------
Not the least hard thing to bear when they go from us, these quiet friends, is that they carry away with them so many years of our own lives..." John Galworthy
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 03:23 PM