4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Getting To Know Each Other, talk about yourself
janika
post Dec 14 2009, 08:09 AM
Post #41

Group: Pet Lovers
Member No.: 6,120

What great pictures Sonya. Adorable anaimals, please keep posting. Love them all.

Hugs Jan x

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Brutus
post Dec 14 2009, 08:31 AM
Post #42

Member No.: 6,235

Thanks Jan...here are the goats...Rambo and Rocky...they are minis too...nigerian dwarf and pygmy..they were a hoot...tons of fun to watch.

Rocky is the black and white one and Rambo is the greyish one: (yes...after Sylvester Stallone movies)

And just some boring chickens...Rhode Island Reds and Americaunas:

--------------------
****Sonya****

In loving memory of my soulmate, Brutus...never forgotten, always missed.

Brutus Midnight Gunsmoke
Black Lab and best friend
11-22-96 to 11-16-09

+Quote Post
Brutus
post Dec 14 2009, 08:32 AM
Post #43

And I found these in there too:

my back yard when the flowers are coming up in the rockgarden:

the front of my very humble home, this is about 5 years old, we've done alot with landscaping and such, by golly, look who is in the picture...my soul doggie and fur angel Brutus:

That's about it for now, thanks for letting me share. I'm going to have to scan some photos of Scruffy the raccoon, Clyde the co-katoo, and Simon the standardbred one day. Would also like to show you all some pics of Brutus when he was a puppy, again, have to scan those....someday.

--------------------
****Sonya****

Brutus Midnight Gunsmoke
11-22-96 to 11-16-09

+Quote Post
janika
post Dec 14 2009, 09:34 AM
Post #44

You sure have a lovely home Sonya. Lots of space. We're so huddled and squashed on this little old Island that most of our gardens are tiny. Room for us and a few pets , but no room for hens/goats/horses-even the miniature ones. Ours is about average size I suppose for around here.
I love the photo with darling Brutus in front of your house. I Look forward to seeing more when you've done more scanning.
Love Jan x

+Quote Post
Brutus
post Dec 14 2009, 01:24 PM
Post #45

Jan here is another for ya...this little girl's name was "pecker"...I hatched her from an incubator...she was the only one that actually hatched out of 20..she was a golden laced polish (the pics are fuzzy because they were taken through the lid of the incubator)

And here she was about 4 weeks later:

She followed me everywhere until I let her out with the other girls...they didn't want to accept her for a long time, but she finally made it in thier click.

--------------------
****Sonya****

Brutus Midnight Gunsmoke
11-22-96 to 11-16-09

+Quote Post
janika
post Dec 14 2009, 03:12 PM
Post #46

Thats quite an achievement there Sonya. What lovely plumage she has.Love the cute tufty bit on her head.
The photos of Brutus and Radar are lovely. You're just like me. I spent days going through photo's scanning them into Pc , laughing, crying. But sharing them on here really did help me.

The weather has really turned here now. Think we are in for the big freeze and then snow by Wednesday.I would think you will know all about snow where you are. What are your temps at the moment. We're around zero just now. Going sub zero tonight, bbbrrrr!! My girls would love it, bless them.They used to just sit outside covered in snow, ha. We used to try to get them in, but they just sat out there for ages. The breed originates from Siberia, they got their name from the Samoyede peoples. The dogs used to sleep in the tents with them and were sort of used as blankets. Used to snuggle up with their dogs to keep warm . I read in an article about them and it said that the Samoyede men rated their Sammies higher status than their wives. Ha.
But that is how the breed got to be so friendly, as they had so much contact with the whole family.In general they are very good with children. They also make good sled dogs and quite good at rounding up the reindeer too.Quite handy to have if you happen to be a nomad in Siberia. Their hair can also be spun into beautiful samoyed 'wool' and can be used to knit very warm clothing. Can you just see me sitting at my spinning wheel, lol. No I 'm not the knitting type , but I have seen some great jumpers, cardigans etc that enthusiasts have made .
Got a bit carried away there, now you know all about the history of the samoyed , ha.
Keep posting the pics Sonya.
Love Jan x

+Quote Post
Brutus
post Dec 16 2009, 08:36 AM
Post #47

What are your temps at the moment. We're around zero just now.

We do Fahrenheit, are you Celcius? We are below freezing....I think it was Saturday night, it was very cold, it was -10F, which is about -23C...right now it is a warm 12F, so about -11C. MI is super flat so we get alot of wind which makes it worse as far as temps go.

We get some snow at our home, not a whole lot though since that house is pretty much in the center of the state of MI, we will get some lake effect from Lake Huron but only if the winds are out of the North, which primarily they are out of the west...last winter we got a total of alittle over 100inches, which is more than normal for that area of the state, I would say the average normal for a season is about 60inches/1.5m.

Over here at our weekend house (which is about 80miles/120km directly west of my home), it is usually a couple degrees colder but they do get hammered with the snow over here because of the lake effect off of Lake Michigan. The weekend house is in the west end of the state. Last year they got over 220 inches of snow for the season, again more than normal, the normal over here is about 120inches/3.05m.

Have you ever been to the United States Jan? I'm embarrased to say that the only country I've been to is Canada...I can actually be in Canada in a couple hours by car. I would love to see other countries though...England, New Zealand, Australia would be some of the places I would love to see.

--------------------
****Sonya****

Brutus Midnight Gunsmoke
11-22-96 to 11-16-09

+Quote Post
AngelCareOne
post Dec 16 2009, 03:15 PM
Post #48

Member No.: 4,797

+Quote Post
janika
post Dec 16 2009, 04:07 PM
Post #49

Hi Sonya
I think you get much more snow than us by the sound of it.As for temps we are about -5 F at night at the moment and round freezing day time. We had snow all day but its turned to rain. Freezing tonight so we will be skidding on ice tomorrow. Then in for heavy snow over the next few days. My girls would be in their element. But I'm thinking about how funny they looked eating the snow and running along with their noses in it. Ha , they looked so funny. They would emerge with faces covered in snow.
As far as visiting USA, we have spent a total of 5 weeks in Florida, which we loved. I would love to see more of your wonderful country. I have an old school friend who lives near Niagara, so will probably visit Canada in the near future. We have also been planning a trip to New York for years. My children have been many times and also to California. They love it.
Most of our travel is visiting my parents in Spain. We also love the Greek Islands and we so love Italy and everything Italian. Rome is so fantastic, you must try and get to see it sometime.
As for Uk, well I do love our wonderful countryside. The first thing you notice when you fly back over England is how green it is (due to all the rain we have I suppose). I also love London. We have some magnificent buildings and we love to drive along the Thames Embankment taking in all the sites.
I also have a cousin in South Australia so would love a trip there someday. Might be able to call in on Madi too, ha.Dave also has relatives near Sydney, he visited them a few years back but I stayed home as Tasha needed a lot of care with her diabetes. So maybe a visit to Australia could be on the cards. I would love to travel and see more of the world. I was in the travel industry before I had the children, so it has always interested me.
By the way have we heard what it was that Dottie saw(or didn't see) in the lovely painting of Brutus.
Love Jan xx

+Quote Post
Brutus
post Dec 17 2009, 09:56 AM
Post #50

Dottie...that's so funny! lol

--------------------
****Sonya****

Brutus Midnight Gunsmoke
11-22-96 to 11-16-09

+Quote Post
AngelCareOne
post Dec 17 2009, 02:27 PM
Post #51

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6F4GtyRfto

Hey, it worked. Thanks again, Sonya.

Now I shall do my Happy Dance!

+Quote Post
madi
post Dec 17 2009, 06:39 PM
Post #52

Member No.: 6,207

Your photos are are absolutely beautiful Sonya, you have a great variety of animals there, I've had them all except for the goats. My friend had goats and they were so naughty, they used to get into the house and jump on the beds and open the cupboards, so I gave them a miss. My daughters always had pet chickens that they used to bring into the house and they were toilet trained as well. It was so funny to watch, they would walk past with a chicken in their hands and hold it outside the door and they would just go plop and then they would bring them back in again. They were bantams, so quite small.
Your farm is divine it looks like heaven, much greener than mine, but with the irrigation, we can at least keep it green around the house areas. I would love to be able to post some photos, but I have a computer cliché at the moment and have to wait until it is fixed. Love to say more but have to run. Take care.

madi xx

+Quote Post
AngelCareOne
post Dec 17 2009, 09:04 PM
Post #53

QUOTE (madi @ Dec 17 2009, 06:39 PM) *
Your photos are are absolutely beautiful Sonya, you have a great variety of animals there, I've had them all except for the goats. My friend had goats and they were so naughty, they used to get into the house and jump on the beds and open the cupboards, so I gave them a miss. My daughters always had pet chickens that they used to bring into the house and they were toilet trained as well. It was so funny to watch, they would walk past with a chicken in their hands and hold it outside the door and they would just go plop and then they would bring them back in again. They were bantams, so quite small.
Your farm is divine it looks like heaven, much greener than mine, but with the irrigation, we can at least keep it green around the house areas. I would love to be able to post some photos, but I have a computer cliché at the moment and have to wait until it is fixed. Love to say more but have to run. Take care.

madi xx

Hi, Madi. That is so cool! Those goats sound like some heavy metal band out on tour so are trashing their hotel rooms. LOL. I know that parrots are easily potty trained but didn't know that chickens were. Perhaps I'm easily amused, but I find that utterly fascinating. And, I simply love, love, love bantams. Here's one of my favorite works of art. It's called "Stunning Bantams" and is a case by James Gardner of London. This is a very early and rare case. Totally original, circa 1890. Apparently there are those from hundreds of years ago who love bantams as much as we do. Okay, I did not enhance this photo at all except to make it slightly smaller and add the silver frame cuz one ought view such art as it truly appears.

Stunning Bantams indeed! I'll have to that ya'll all about my summers at my relatives farms. They are on my Mom's side of the family. You'll crack up when I tell you about my "horse ride." It wasn't a horse and ... I'll save it until later. And what I did trying to drive that HUGE tractor at about age 5 when no one was looking. Everyone thought it was going to flip over and I kid you not. Gotta tell you about the bamboo condominiums we kids made. They were awesome and so much fun to play in them. Oh, I did find out back then if you cut the yellow silk stuff from off the corn while it's still on the stalk and maturing that it will kill that corn cob. I just wanted to use it and make some really pretty hair for one of my dolls. True story. Well, that's all for now. Take care everyone. Please know you're all in my thoughts. Big Hugs!!!

Always,
Dottie xoxoxox

+Quote Post
Brutus
post Dec 18 2009, 03:20 PM
Post #54

Madi I would love to see some pics of your critters. Is anyone here on Facebook? I am so look me up ladies: sguidish@directv.net

--------------------
****Sonya****

Brutus Midnight Gunsmoke
11-22-96 to 11-16-09

+Quote Post
janika
post Dec 18 2009, 05:06 PM
Post #55

Hi Sonya

Just sent you a 'friends' invite on Facebook. Hope to see you there.

Love Jan x

+Quote Post
AngelCareOne
post Dec 18 2009, 07:50 PM
Post #56

Just dropping by to say hello to youze guyze.

Take care and will talk atcha later.

Always,
Dottie xoxoxox

+Quote Post
janika
post Dec 19 2009, 04:01 AM
Post #57

Attached Image

Sending Hugs
Love Jan x

+Quote Post
madi
post Dec 19 2009, 07:38 AM
Post #58

Member No.: 6,207

The bantam picture is lovely Dottie, birds are such beautiful creatures. As soon as I can, I will post some photos of my daughter's pet bantams on here. She has some odd looking Silky ones where just their feet are visible poking out from under their bodies, so cute. She has two cats and a dog as well.
LOL, you sound like you were the child from hell on that farm Dottie, like one of those children my husband fears will strip the treasured new budding fruit from our trees. My husband nearly has a nervous breakdown every time we get new fruit starting to form, because without fail some visiting child will do just that, strip the whole tree. It attracts them like a magnet. It wouldn't be the first time I have hidden handfuls of picked buds from him, I hate to see a grown man cry!!
Out with the horse ride story Dottie, I'm sure it's going to be hysterical.Take care, hugs

madi xx

+Quote Post
janika
post Dec 20 2009, 04:15 PM
Post #59

Attached ImageAttached ImageAttached ImageAttached Image

A few pictures from our walk in the country park today.

Attached Image

Love Jan x

Attached Image

+Quote Post
janika
post Dec 20 2009, 04:21 PM
Post #60

Attached Image

Attached Image