IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Theresa
Tom's Dad
post Mar 10 2013, 06:25 PM
Post #1

Group: Pet Lovers
Member No.: 6,946

It's hardley a new beginning as Theresa has been with me 6 years this month. Where does the time go? But I felt she deserved her own topic.

As some of you may know, I got Theresa as companionship for Tom. Well, not her specifically, but it's why I was looking for another cat. I found her at the PetSmart where the Banfield Hospital is that I took Tom and now both her and Tang. The adoptions were sponsored by the Shelby County AS, the region's only no-kill shelter. She was off in the corner of her cage looking all sad and lonely. Apparently they'd had her from 4 months to 4 years (her age at the time.) That's a long time in a shelter. I have a feeling her time was almost up never the less. There was no adoption fee and the shelter worker had tears in her eyes when she was thanking me for taking her.

A few days later, I found out why. She went to jump off the sofa and fell flat on her face. She could not walk more than a few steps without falling. She appeared dizzy and disoriented. The woman I was seeing at the time suggested a clinic in the west end that's open every night until 7:00 - will see them if checked in before then. Banfield had limited hours at the time, so off we went. The lady vet started cleaning her ears and just kept getting all kinds of gunk out of it. And she still could not see her ear drums for the gunk. Turns out she had severe upper respiratory and inner ear infections. So much for the shelter taking care of their own mad.gif The vet said she must have been that way for weeks. And the shelter people tried to write off her sneezing and watery eyes to being a white cat (albino thing)

Well, long story short, after 2 more visits, MUCH medicine that was like trying to medicate a tazmanian devil, and about 200.00 in vet bills. She's been right as rain since then. Worst thing she's had in 6 years is some parasites (worms) that were cleared up with antibiotics. I have no doubt, had I not taken this little girl in, her days would have been very numbered. She's been my rock in both her over all health, but also as my comforter when Sir Thomas passed.

Happy 6 years (with me. 10 years of age total) little girl! and Hopefully many more.

--------------------
Nature's first green is gold
Her hardest hue to hold.
Her early leaf's a flower;
But only so an hour.
Then leaf subsides to leaf.
So Eden sank to grief,
So dawn goes down to day.
Nothing gold can stay.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Tom's Dad
post Mar 7 2016, 07:23 PM
Post #2

Group: Pet Lovers
Member No.: 6,946

Well, it's 9 years this month that Princess Theresa came to live with me!

That's longer than any other fur kid besides Chauncey (18 years) who passed in 1995. That's some milestone I think biggrin.gif

9 "birthday" candles for my precious little girl - and hopefully many more!

--------------------
Nature's first green is gold
Her hardest hue to hold.
Her early leaf's a flower;
But only so an hour.
Then leaf subsides to leaf.
So Eden sank to grief,
So dawn goes down to day.
Nothing gold can stay.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
- Tom's Dad   Theresa   Mar 10 2013, 06:25 PM
- - moon_beam   Hi, Tracy, thank you so much for sharing your prec...   Mar 11 2013, 01:59 PM
- - Tom's Dad   Thank you moon_beam Yes, it took a while before s...   Mar 11 2013, 04:46 PM
- - DannysMom   Tom's Dad, thanks for sharing Theresa's st...   Mar 16 2013, 01:36 PM
- - Tom's Dad   Thank you DannysMom She's been a "daddy...   Apr 6 2013, 07:58 PM
- - moon_beam   Hi, Tracy, thank you so much for sharing your prec...   Apr 7 2013, 12:23 PM
- - Tom's Dad   I have not posted about my girl on here for a whil...   Jun 1 2013, 05:21 PM
- - DannysMom   Tom's Dad, thanks for sharing this precious ex...   Jun 2 2013, 09:58 AM
- - moon_beam   Hi, Tracy, stormy Sunday greetings to you and your...   Jun 2 2013, 01:10 PM
- - LoveMyMickey   Hi Tracy....Thank you for sharing your cute story ...   Jun 2 2013, 05:17 PM
- - Tom's Dad   Thank you moon_beam and LoveMyMickey. It could ju...   Jun 3 2013, 07:32 AM
- - Tom's Dad   Well, it's time for another anniversary. With ...   Mar 11 2014, 02:10 PM
- - moon_beam   Hi, Tracy, offering you and your precious Theresa ...   Mar 12 2014, 12:34 PM
- - DannysMom   Tom's Dad, sorry I missed the anniversary....I...   Mar 16 2014, 10:22 AM
- - Tom's Dad   Well, Miss Theresa It's been 8 years this mon...   Mar 14 2015, 06:26 PM
- - moon_beam   Hi, Tracy, so glad to share your news that your pr...   Mar 15 2015, 12:35 PM
- - Tom's Dad   Well, it's 9 years this month that Princess Th...   Mar 7 2016, 07:23 PM
- - moon_beam   Happy Birthday, Theresa!! You have the be...   Mar 8 2016, 01:33 PM

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 03:44 PM