Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 6 Months Ago...my Sweet Mickey
Kristina
post Mar 17 2012, 04:31 PM
Post #81

Group: Pet Lovers
Member No.: 7,171

Hi LoveMyMickey

I am finally getting a moment to check in with you. The storms somehow went to the north and south of us-completely missing us by just a few miles. We did get some debris up here though. If they would have shifted just a bit it would have been right on top of us.

I hope everything is well with your family. Dixie's birthday is on Monday, so I am trying to think of a way to celebrate. What did you do for Mickey's birthday?

--------------------
Dixie
March 19, 2001 - June 30, 2011

Old in a locket that sits next to my heart,
I will always love you even though we had to part.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
LoveMyMickey
post Mar 18 2012, 12:05 PM
Post #82

Member No.: 7,071

QUOTE (Gretta's Mom @ Mar 17 2012, 01:39 PM) *
Love My Mickey

How can i thank you enough for Gretta's Song to Her Mommy? It reached deep into my heart and soul and gave me the answer to the questions that have been knawing away at my heart for almost a year. Gretta, it's almost your one year Angelversary in the Perfect World. I'm supposed to giving YOU presents - and you gave me the greatest gift of all: peace of heart. No, you go find Mickey and tell her what an extraordinary mom she has!!

Gretta's mom

PS You KNOW I made up some more verses! I don't think this song will stop until we're reunited.

[font="Century Gothic"][/font]
Please take good care of little brother
He needs your love as much as I.
And when we all get back together
There'll be no need for leaky eyes.

Up here we live and laugh in sunshine
And understand each other's words.
For we are all God's special creatures,
Protected by a loving Lord.

Thank you from heart-to-heart, Love-My-Mickey, for this most precious gift.

Thank you so much, Gretta's Mom. I didn't realize that Gretta's Song would make such an impact on your heart and soul, but I'm so happy it did. You are so very welcome for the song.

I love the verses you added and I believe the song will get quite long......Gretta says, "Keep on singing Mom!"

Hugs,

LoveMyMickey

--------------------
"Love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation."

+Quote Post
LoveMyMickey
post Mar 18 2012, 12:24 PM
Post #83

QUOTE (Kristina @ Mar 17 2012, 05:31 PM) *
Hi LoveMyMickey

I am finally getting a moment to check in with you. The storms somehow went to the north and south of us-completely missing us by just a few miles. We did get some debris up here though. If they would have shifted just a bit it would have been right on top of us.

I hope everything is well with your family. Dixie's birthday is on Monday, so I am trying to think of a way to celebrate. What did you do for Mickey's birthday?

Hi Kristina....I'm glad the tornadoes didn't hit your area. Seems like here lately, we watch the weather channel more than anything else.

The only thing I did for Mickey's birthday last Sept was post a birthday thread here. I talked to him all day long and called him my "Birthday Boy" just like I did when he was physically here. And of course, shed a lot of tears.

I hope Dixie's birthday won't be too sad for you......Give your other doggies a special pat for me and I hope they are doing well.

Hugs,

LoveMyMickey

--------------------

+Quote Post
LoveMyMickey
post Mar 20 2012, 12:16 PM
Post #84

My Sweet Mickey,

On this Tuesday,
The first day of Spring,
I opened the door,
And I heard the birds sing.

But I don't like Tuesdays,
That's the day we said good-bye.
I try not to think about it,
But I still cry.

You loved to look out the door,
In the bright sun rays.
I wish I could see that
For just one more day.

So my Sweet Mickey,
Enjoy your Heaven's Perfect Land.
When we meet again,
Oh! won't it be grand!

XOXOXOLoving you and missing you more each dayXXOXO

Mommy and Daddy

--------------------

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post Mar 20 2012, 02:57 PM
Post #85

Forum Moderator

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 4,861

Hi, LoveMyMickey, it is always a blessing logging in to read your beautiful love letters to you beloved Mickey. Thank you so much for sharing your and your beloved Mickey's eternal love bond with us.

It does seem that no matter how much time passes there is a part of us that always remembers the day that our companions joined the angels along with all the wonderful treasured memories of their earthly journey with us. The good news is that your beloved Mickey continues to share your earthly journey and is sharing all the memories you continue to. Hopefully you can hear his sweet voice say, "hey, mom, that was so funny when you did this / that," or "hey, mom, I'm so sorry that you're worried about Blackie. I'll try to find him and send him back to you", and on and on and on.

I hope today is treaing you kindly, LoveMyMickey, and that you will have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening blessed with your beloved Mickey's sweet Living Spirit to comfort you. Please know you are in my thoughts and prayers, and always look forward to knowing how you're doing.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------
In heaven's perfect garden there is no grief or pain, and all of God's creation join the angels' sweet refrain.

The most blessed way I have of knowing God's comforting love and grace is to look into the eyes and heart of God's creatures' sweet angelic face.

+Quote Post
LoveMyMickey
post Mar 22 2012, 06:12 PM
Post #86

Thank you Moon_beam...

My Sweet Little Mickey,

After I got up this morning and while in the bathroom cleaning up, I got to thinking of our whole life together, almost 10 years. I was also remembering step by step when the angels took you, which makes me very sad. I was wondering why am I thinking all this today. Then I remembered, it is the 22nd, 13 months since you went to be with the angels. Another angel-versary.

My sweet little little boy, I just want you to know we still miss you sooooooo much, of course you know that. Seems like you've been gone forever, but yet it seems like only yesterday I was snuggling with you and kissing your sweet head.

Goodnight, my little one, rest well with your friends.

XOXOXO Tons of LOVE from Mommy and Daddy XOXOXO

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tom's Dad
post Mar 22 2012, 06:15 PM
Post #87

Member No.: 6,946

LoveMyMickey thank you for sharing your angelversary journey with us. I think your experince means that Mickey was "looking in" on you. I get like that alot on the 8ths. Our thoughts are with you.

TTT

--------------------
Nature's first green is gold
Her hardest hue to hold.
Her early leaf's a flower;
But only so an hour.
Then leaf subsides to leaf.
So Eden sank to grief,
So dawn goes down to day.
Nothing gold can stay.

+Quote Post
Remembering Fayf...
post Mar 22 2012, 11:01 PM
Post #88

Member No.: 7,526

So sorry for your loss of Mickey. He was so adorable, reminds me of my Fayfay that I just lost. Fayfay was a Maltese and Shih Tzu mix. I can picture Mickey and Fayfay playing on the rainbow bridge. Sending hugs to you.

Watch Remembering Fayfay Here!

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post Mar 23 2012, 11:27 AM
Post #89

Forum Moderator

Hi, LoveMyMickey, thank you for sharing your and your beloved Mickey's angel-versary with us. It doesn't matter how much time passes when our beloved companions precede us to the angels for they are always with us in our hearts and memories. I hope you are comforted in knowing that your beloved Mickey is also sharing all these memories with you, and with all the companions and creatures who are with the angels.

I hope today is being kind to you, LoveMyMickey, and that you are comforted with your beloved Mickey's sweet Living Spirit. Please know you are in my thoughts and prayers, my friend, and that I always look forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories of your beloved Mickey.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------
In heaven's perfect garden there is no grief or pain, and all of God's creation join the angels' sweet refrain.

The most blessed way I have of knowing God's comforting love and grace is to look into the eyes and heart of God's creatures' sweet angelic face.

+Quote Post
Gretta's Mom
post Mar 25 2012, 09:12 AM
Post #90

Member No.: 7,067

Hello Love My Mickey

The picture of Mickey in the doroway was unbelieveable!!Would you mind if I downloaded it and added it to my gallery on unbelieveably loved dogs?

Thank you, thank you, thank you, Love My Mickey, for the beautiful verse you wrote to Gretta's song. They continue to touch and console my heart. Our babies went to the perfect World about the same time and I'm sure they're the best of friends. Thank you for being MY friend.

Gretta's mom

+Quote Post
LoveMyMickey
post Mar 25 2012, 11:51 AM
Post #91

Thank you Tom's Dad, Moon_beam, Fayfay, Gretta's Mom for your kind words.

Gretta's Mom, of course you may download the pic of Mickey and any others you might like. It would be an honor to have his pic in your gallery of unbelieveably loved dogs.

I dreamed about Mickey last night, I was trimming the fur around his mouth. Then the alarm went off.

I'm happy you liked the poem and I thank you for being my friend too. Oh yeah, Gretta and Mickey are friends, and Mickey probably follows Gretta around wanting her to play.

May God Bless our Angels,

LoveMyMickey

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gretta's Mom
post Mar 26 2012, 07:43 AM
Post #92

Love My Mickey

We're more than friends, we're sisters-in-love-with precious-dogs.

Gretta's mom

+Quote Post
LoveMyMickey
post Apr 6 2012, 11:24 AM
Post #93

QUOTE (Gretta's Mom @ Mar 26 2012, 08:43 AM) *
Love My Mickey

We're more than friends, we're sisters-in-love-with precious-dogs.

Gretta's mom

Thanks, Gretta's Mom, I agree.

My Dear Sweet Mickey:

My Sweet Little One...This is our second Easter without you. Seems like you have been gone forever. Your daddy and I miss you more every day. I hope you and all your friends have a happy Easter and if you all have an Easter egg hunt, I bet you find a whole lot because you are a fast runner. I know you willl share with others because you always shared things here on earth.

I sent an Easter email to little Concheta and her mommy said she is doing well. Her mommy fosters little doggies so Concheta always has a playmate.............Also Blackie the little stray cat (we believe you sent), is doing well, but still likes to stay outside. We keep him well fed.

I have a request, Gretta's little brother, Rufus here on earth has to have an operation. I hope you can gather your guardian angels and all the spirit animals and say prayers that he will be well.

My Baby Boy, I miss snuggling with you so much and kissing you on your little head.......Until next time.....

XOXOXOMommy and DaddyXOXOXO wub.gif wub.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gretta's Mom
post Apr 6 2012, 01:30 PM
Post #94

Oh thank you SO much, Love My Mickey. And you're a genius with the artwork. Wouldn't you trade it all for our furbabies back? In a way, though, after all this time, deep in the back of my heart I KNOW Gretta and Mickey are so much better off where they are now - even though it still hurts us.

Thank you for the moving tribute to Mickey - the "seconds" seem even harder than the "firsts". Thank you also for the good wishes about Rufus. With all those fur babies praying for him, I know he'll be fine. (Here he comes now asking for a walk!)

Happy Easter to you and your family

Gretta (and Rufus's) mom

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post Apr 6 2012, 03:10 PM
Post #95

Forum Moderator

Hi, LoveMyMickey, thank you so much for sharing your lovely Easter letter to your beloved Mickey with us. You are so clever with figuring out how to download - - or upload - - the wonderful graphics. Although your beloved Mickey is enjoying all the beautiful wonders of heaven's perfect garden his first and foremost desire is to be close to you - - and so he is always with you in your heart and your memories - - he is always a heartbeat close to you.

I hope today is treating you kindly, my friend, and that you and your husband will have a very peaceful and joyful Easter weekend. Thank you again so much for sharing your beloved Mickey with us. Please know you are in my thoughts and prayers, LoveMyMickey, and that I always look forward to sharing your news and your treasured memories of your beloved Mickey.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------

+Quote Post
LoveMyMickey
post Apr 13 2012, 06:13 PM
Post #96

Thank you Gretta's Mom and Moon_beam...

My Dear Sweet Little Boy Mickey..... Mommy has been busy doing some cleaning I have been putting off. I thought of you when I got those newspapers out of the special closet to recycle. I remember when daddy would open the door to get some papers, you would jump in the closet and lay on a pile of papers. I even found a picture of you I had taken. I don't know why you liked smelly newspapers.

Sweet Boy, have you seen doggy Amber in your Heavenly Home? You remember she lived next door and you two would talk through the fence. Anyway Amber's mommy said they had to let her go be with the Angels. She was 14 yrs. old. It looks so sad and quiet over there and also the 2 little Beagles behind us are gone, I don't know where. Also across the street big doggie Winston is gone and his mommy has another doggie. I guess we're all going into a new phase of earthly life until we all can meet our furbabies in Heaven's Beautiful Garden.

My Little One, some days I miss you so much that I could just sit and cry all day, but I must try to take care of us here and do my earthly chores. Your daddy and I still look at your favorite pic on my cellphone and tell you goodnight every night.

Be happy, my sweet one, and I will visit later.......XOXOXOMommy and DaddyXOXOXO

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gretta's Mom
post Apr 13 2012, 08:58 PM
Post #97

Hi Love My Mickey

Your message to Mickey really touched my heart. Especially the part about all the other doggies that were here with you ahd Mickey and have now goen up to be with Mickey in the Perfect World. it really does hurt when you see a person whom you have seen scores of times with a gorgeous or funny or old or just plaing doggie walking by him - or herself. Or when you pass by a house where there used to be a goofy but friendly dog living and now he's not there. Or when the dog who used to come walking through your yard every morning no longer appears. Every one of these both brings back our own heartache and makes our hearts ache with the pain others are feeling. Another woman in our neighborhood used to walk a huge old black lab mix named Magic when I walked Gretta. All of a sudden they weren't there - an neither were we. After about a month, it was me and Rufus and I jus saw her the other day and she said she'd seen me many times with my new dog but that it had taken her almost two years (two years! has Magic been gone that long?) to get a new dog - a little black lab about a year old.

Your eyes are really open to the world of dogs. God bless you, my friend.

Gretta and rufus's mom

+Quote Post
LoveMyMickey
post Apr 22 2012, 12:20 PM
Post #98

Thank youu Gretta's Mom....

My Dear Sweet Mickey......It's hard to believe the 22nd has arrived again, 14 months ago you went to be with the Angels. I thought this "missing you" thing would get better, but it has only gotten worse and the love I have for you is stronger than ever. I just hope I appreciated you enough when you were here. Life has more of a spiritual meaning since you left us. It's so hard to explain.

Sweet Boy, Gretta's brother Rufus will have his operation tomorrow. So I will ask again for you to gather all the Spirit Pets and Guardian Angels together to watch over Rufus to get through the operation okay and to get well...........My Little One, I want to thank you for looking out for Bella, the little Pekingese who got lost for a week on our side of town. She has been found and is back with her owners.

Sweet Mickey, give all the newcomers to your Perfect World a gentle welcome, especially the ones here on LS......Until next time, we miss you and love you more each day...... wub.gif

XOXOXOMommy and DaddyXOXOXO

--------------------

+Quote Post
LoveMyMickey
post May 4 2012, 06:25 PM
Post #99

My Dear Sweet Little Mickey, wub.gif

Mommy had a rough week, my little one. One evening we had a tornado warning, sirens went off and on for half an hour. Funnel clouds were spotted over the town, but no touch downs. We missed you cuddled in the basement on the couch with us, but I could feel your spirit there. Then your daddy got real sick with a high fever with a stomach bug or something. I thought I was going to lose him and I didn't think I could make it losing him and you. He is taking his meds and is better now. Sweet Boy, your daddy missed you snuggling on the bed with him, but he felt your sweet spirit helping him to get better.

My little one, I missed you so very much today as I was walking in the yard checking out the flowers. I looked on one end of the house that I hadn't looked at for awhile and our azeala bush is in full bloom, also the climbing red rose bush, and the yellow Iris. Down by the road are the peonies. I remember you loved to take walks in the yard and smell the flowers and everything else. We always had you on your harness and leash, didn't want to take any chances of anything happening to our boy. I cut some of the red roses and put them on Annie's and your little gravesites in the back yard.

Sweet Boy, night before last, I dreamed of a little white dog with short hair. I don't know where I was, but he looked me straight in the face and jumped in my lap. His little belly was round and healthy like yours would be, when you ate a lot. I hope that was a sign that you are healthy and happy.

Until next time, my precious one, as Red Skelton would say, "Goodnight and God Bless".

XOXOXO Mommy and Daddy XOXOXO

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gretta's Mom
post May 5 2012, 07:21 AM
Post #100

Good morning Love My Mickey

I'm so sorry to hear about your husband's illness. What a terrifying experience! I'm glad he's doing a little better now. With you, I say, how could one bear two such horrific losses in a single year? God look down on your husband and gave him back some health. Mickey looked down on you and saw how troubled your heart was and sent the best present of all - himself. Of course if was Mickey - letting you know he was well and safe and still on his job, looking after you.

Thank you for all the help and comfort you have been to me over the past year. Pplease take my strength today and use it to lean on.

Gretta, Rufus, Mickey and I all give you our love - today and always.

Jeanne (Gretta's mom)

+Quote Post

25 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 10:02 AM