Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Pet Food Ingredients Revealed
Furkidlets' Mom
post Jun 27 2007, 09:18 AM
Post #1

Group: Pet Lovers
Member No.: 961

For anyone wishing to educate themselves about making healthy food choices for their furbabies, here's one good start, among many others. This list is a cooperative effort between pet food formulator Dr. Lisa Newman, N.D., Ph.D. (www.Azmira.com), Mike Adams (www.HealthRanger.org) and the non-profit Consumer Wellness Center (www.ConsumerWellness.org). It covers 448 popular pet food products sold in the U.S., with comments about each from Dr. Newman.
Pet Food Ingredients Revealed

--------------------
"I dropped a tear in the ocean. The day you find it is the day I will stop missing you."

[center]~Anonymous~

<div align="center">"Not flesh of my flesh, Nor bone of my bone,
But still miraculously my own.
Never forget for a single minute,
You didn't grow under my heart - but in it"[/center]

~Fleur Conkling Heylinger~

>^..^< >^..^< >^..^< >^..^< >^..^<

"For one species to mourn the death of another is a noble thing"

~Aldo Leopold~

<span style='font-size:9pt;line-height:100%'>Life is life - whether in a cat, or dog or man. There is no difference there between a cat or a man. The idea of difference is a human conception for man's own advantage. ~Sri Aurobindo

Spay now or pay later, the interest is killing us.

</span></div>
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Muffins
post Jun 27 2007, 02:06 PM
Post #2

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 245

Hi Furkidlet's Mom!

Thank you for telling us about this new "must have" book smile.gif! I'll be placing my order today.

Peace & Love to you and yours,

Denise

--------------------
Our Beloved Girl, Ernestine (AKA) "Ernie-Bird"
April, 1984 - February 7, 2004
***AFFA***
Forever, you will ALWAYS live on in our hearts!
DEPARTED FROM EARTH, NEVER FORGOTTEN.... Love, Mom & Dad xoxoxoxoxo

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"He who is cruel to animals becomes hard also in his dealings with men. We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." Immanuel Kant

"Think occasionally of the suffering of which you spare yourself the sight" Albert Schweitzer

+Quote Post
Furkidlets' Mom
post Feb 14 2009, 01:29 PM
Post #3

I was just thinking about this today, and can't remember now if I'd ever posted a topic and link to the groundbreaking book that began the better part of consumer re-education on pet foods, so.....

Here's a link to Ann Martin's third edition of her now-famous book, Food Pets Die For - Shocking facts about pet food. It's another must-have. An excerpt from the run-down on the contents is:

In this new, third edition of Ann N. Martin's groundbreaking book, Food Pets Die For, the author provides the latest information on the state of the commercial pet food industry following the massive 2007 pet food recall. Ann Martin also gives her recommendations for the healthiest alternative pet foods on the market, along with numerous recipes for home-cooked meals for your cats and dogs. and much more......

--------------------
"I dropped a tear in the ocean. The day you find it is the day I will stop missing you."

[center]~Anonymous~

~Aldo Leopold~

<span style='font-size:9pt;line-height:100%'>Life is life - whether in a cat, or dog or man. There is no difference there between a cat or a man. The idea of difference is a human conception for man's own advantage. ~Sri Aurobindo

</span></div>

+Quote Post
Furkidlets' Mom
post Feb 23 2009, 12:35 PM
Post #4

Sorry I hadn't replied here - never got a notification of a reply to this thread for some reason.

Yes, Hills.....don't get me started! ohmy.gif They were one of the first companies I'd heard about, waaaaay back, who'd used road-kill, all the slough from the slaughterhouse floors, the chaff from the grain, Ethoxyquin as a preservative (a cancer-causing chemical), and more gruesome stuff as their ingredients for pet food....VETERINARY-APPROVED, of course!! rolleyes.gif mad.gif And Proctor & Gamble....one of the single, WORST animal-testing companies in the world. The link isn't too surprising, is it?

"Oh, but we CARE about your pets!" Give me a break. You, Hills and P&G parent company, care about nothing but money, period. The poor animals are nothing but expendable, disposable means to your greedy end.

I always said, if even ONE person changes the course of their babies' lives for the better because of something I've done, I could die a happy soul, knowing I did make a difference in being here. So, Joanne, thanks for giving my soul a reason for being and doing a "happy dance"! wub.gif

And now I'm off to post yet another article link! biggrin.gif

--------------------

[center]~Anonymous~

~Aldo Leopold~

</span></div>

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:29 AM