Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 2 Years Ago Today, Sir Thomas
Tom's Dad
post Jun 21 2013, 07:21 PM
Post #21

Group: Pet Lovers
Member No.: 6,946

Thank you DannysMom

Speaking of time, I listened to this on my MP3 player on the way in to work on the bus today. It made me think of Tom and all of the furry companions that have crossed over the bridge......

http://youtu.be/IZteVdxtky4

--------------------
Nature's first green is gold
Her hardest hue to hold.
Her early leaf's a flower;
But only so an hour.
Then leaf subsides to leaf.
So Eden sank to grief,
So dawn goes down to day.
Nothing gold can stay.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Tom's Dad
post Aug 8 2013, 09:58 AM
Post #22

Well, Sir Thomas

Here we are again. Another "8th" It's been 2 years and 8 months to the date you joined the Angels my sweet baby boy. Not a day goes by I don't think of you and try to feel your loving, living spirit. Every time I see a butterfly, I feel like you have sent it just for me wub.gif

Your little sister and brother are doing well, and we all miss you very much. Be good Tommy Boy.

Love, Dad.

Knowing
If I had known that on that day our time was near the end
I would have done things differently, my forever friend.
I would have stayed right next to you deep into the night
but I thought I'd see you in the early morning light.

And so I said "Good night" to you as I walked in through the door
never thinking of the time when I'd see you no more.
But if I had known that on that day our time was at the end
I would have done things so differently, my forever friend.

--------------------
Her hardest hue to hold.
But only so an hour.
So Eden sank to grief,
Nothing gold can stay.

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post Aug 8 2013, 01:38 PM
Post #23

Forum Moderator

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 4,861

Hi, Tracy, thank you so much for sharing your and your beloved Sir Thomas' 30 month angel-versary with us. It doesn't matter how much time continues with our earthly journey - - there is always a place in our hearts that is always holding close treasured memories of our beloved companions who are with the angels. I know your beloved Sir Thomas is always close to you keeping a loving vigil over you and his precious sister Theresa and little brother Tang.

I hope today is treating you and your precious Theresa and little Tang kindly, my friend, and that you and your companions will have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening blessed with your beloved Sir Thomas' sweet Living Spirit to comfort you. Thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang, and thank you so much for honoring us in sharing with us your beloved Sir Thomas. Please know you and your precious companions are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I look forward to knowing how you're doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------
In heaven's perfect garden there is no grief or pain, and all of God's creation join the angels' sweet refrain.

The most blessed way I have of knowing God's comforting love and grace is to look into the eyes and heart of God's creatures' sweet angelic face.

+Quote Post
Tom's Dad
post Aug 8 2013, 04:33 PM
Post #24

Thank you moon_beam.

It's 32 months actually, but it still hurts regardless of the time. I found that poem at the bottom online and thought it summed up my feelings exactly. Pain is a part of life and it can't be taken away. I have heard it said if we lose our pain we lose ourselves. Thanks again for remembering with me. God Bless.

--------------------
Her hardest hue to hold.
But only so an hour.
So Eden sank to grief,
Nothing gold can stay.

+Quote Post
DannysMom
post Aug 8 2013, 05:54 PM
Post #25

Member No.: 7,464

Hello Tom's Dad, I just want to remember Sir Thomas with you today. They leave such a hole in our hearts when they go. Even though 32 months have gone by the hole remains. These little fur-covered angels teach us so much about life and love. Wishing you and Tang and Theresa all the best...

DannysMom

--------------------
Danny: March 4, 2001 - December 28, 2011
Tina: October 27, 1997 - April 28, 2012

To live in hearts we leave behind is not to die.

+Quote Post
Tom's Dad
post Aug 9 2013, 04:22 PM
Post #26

Hello DannyMom.

Thank you for stopping by in rememberance of my precious Sir Thomas. They do indeed leave a hole in our hearts when they depart this earth. Tom did teach me what it truly was to be a pet parent rather than an "owner" A term I have come to despise in the intervening years.

--------------------
Her hardest hue to hold.
But only so an hour.
So Eden sank to grief,
Nothing gold can stay.

+Quote Post
LoveMyMickey
post Aug 10 2013, 01:31 PM
Post #27

Member No.: 7,071

Hi Tom's Dad,

Just want you to know I'm thinking about Sir Tom as well on this angel-versary. Thank you for sharing the poem. So many of us can relate to that poem.....Even though we were here with Mickey having a pretty good day, if I had known, I would have snuggled with him more.

God Bless you and your precious Tang and Theresa. Keep looking for those butterflies that Sir Tom sends.

LoveMyMickey

--------------------
"Love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation."

+Quote Post
Tom's Dad
post Aug 11 2013, 05:51 PM
Post #28

Thank you LoveMyMickey for sharing our rememberance.

Yes, so many regrets and "if only" Aside form the image of his still body on the cold bathroom tile, I will never get the sound and image of him trying to meow (barely a croak) pleading with me to stay with him that morning out of my head, as I believe he knew his time was near sad.gif It does not matter how much time passes....

--------------------
Her hardest hue to hold.
But only so an hour.
So Eden sank to grief,
Nothing gold can stay.

+Quote Post
Jake'sGrandpa
post Aug 12 2013, 06:06 PM
Post #29

Member No.: 7,738

Hi, Tom's Dad. My condolences for the loss of your beloved Sir Thomas. I am truly touched by your great love for him, love that time obviously cannot diminish. Try not to think of those terrible last hours. Focus on the good memories and let go of the guilt. Life and its responsibilities have a way of sometimes keeping us apart from the things we love. Tom knows that you would have been there with him at the end if you could have. His love for you is as great as yours for him and is unconditional. He is waiting patiently for you at the bridge, my friend.

+Quote Post
Tom's Dad
post Aug 12 2013, 09:33 PM
Post #30

Thank you Jake'sGrandpa for your kind words.

I do think of the good times with Tom, and thank his living spirit for looking out for his little sister Theresa. And for guiding poor little Tang our way. I'm a better man for having him in my life. My best to you and your precious Jake.

--------------------
Her hardest hue to hold.
But only so an hour.
So Eden sank to grief,
Nothing gold can stay.

+Quote Post
Jake'sGrandpa
post Aug 14 2013, 07:03 AM
Post #31

Member No.: 7,738

Thanks, I appreciate it, Tom's Dad. My best to you, too. Jake and I will see you, Tom and Chauncey at the bridge one day.

+Quote Post
Tom's Dad
post Sep 8 2013, 04:00 PM
Post #32

Well, Sir Thomas. It's another "8th"

Two years and nine months to the day you went to be with the angles. But, it coincides with another sad day. Nine years to the day Allison left. I think you would have liked each other. And there in lies the irony. If she had stayed, I never would have met your former "owner" And you never would have come to be with me. And, by extension, Theresa and Tang. The lessons of love, life, and being a better person I failed to learn from her so miserably, I learned from you my little man.

So, until the next "8th" Tommy Boy. Be good up in Heaven. Me, Theresa and Tang will always keep you in our hearts.

Love,

Dad

http://youtu.be/Vcy28L9_fbI

--------------------
Her hardest hue to hold.
But only so an hour.
So Eden sank to grief,
Nothing gold can stay.

+Quote Post
DannysMom
post Sep 8 2013, 04:27 PM
Post #33

Tom's Dad, thanks for sharing your Sir Thomas with us. What a precious kitty boy! I can only nod my head in agreement...these precious little creatures teach us so much. They are sweet and innocent and so loving.

--------------------

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post Dec 8 2013, 01:58 PM
Post #34

Forum Moderator

Hi, Tracy, just want to let you know I am thinking of you on this day - - your and your beloved Sir Thomas' 3 year angel-versary. It doesn't matter how much time passes when our beloved companions precede us to the angels - - they are always with us in our hearts and memories, and we are forever blessed to have their eternal love.

I hope today is treating you and your precious Theresa and little Tang kindly, my friend, and that you and your precious companions will have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening blessed with your beloved Sir Thomas' sweet Living Spirit to comfort you. Thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang, and thank you so much for honoring us in sharing with us your beloved Sir Thomas. Please know you and your precious companions are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I look forward to knowing how you're doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------
In heaven's perfect garden there is no grief or pain, and all of God's creation join the angels' sweet refrain.

The most blessed way I have of knowing God's comforting love and grace is to look into the eyes and heart of God's creatures' sweet angelic face.

+Quote Post
Tom's Dad
post Dec 8 2013, 03:02 PM
Post #35

Hello moon_beam.

Thank you for your thoughts on this, Angel Tom's 3 year anniversary. I'd been thinking about it for days and what I was going to post. How could I have forgotten ohmy.gif

Sir Thomas you were my best friend in the whole world. Your pictures still adorn the desk and wall. Your guidance of little Tang into mine and Theresa's life is a constant reminder of your big heart and a fine legacy to your earthly journey with me. I wish I had been able to do more to extend your time here with me. I hope you are getting plenty of sunshine and yummy treats up at the Rainbow Bridge my sweet boy. You are missed here by Miss Theresa, Sgt. Tang, and last but not least....

Your loving Dad wub.gif

--------------------
Her hardest hue to hold.
But only so an hour.
So Eden sank to grief,
Nothing gold can stay.

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post Dec 8 2013, 05:01 PM
Post #36

Forum Moderator

Hi, Tracy, thank you so much for sharing with us how you're doing, and your and your beloved Sir Thomas' angel-versary. My friend, even though our beloved companions are not forefront in our thoughts, or we do not always remember specific dates of events, this in no way means that they are forgotten - - that our love for them is diminishing. It simply means that they are forever tucked into the warmth of our hearts and memories - - and their sweet Living Spirits are forever keeping a loving vigil over us.

Once again, my friend, I hope today is treating you and your precious Theresa and little Tang kindly, and that you and your precious companions will have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening blessed with your beloved Sir Thomas' sweet Living Spirit to comfort you. Thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Theresa and little Tang, and thank you so much for honoring us in sharing with us your beloved Sir Thomas. Please know you and your precious companions are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I look forward to knowing how you're doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------

+Quote Post
DannysMom
post Dec 8 2013, 05:18 PM
Post #37

Hello Tom's Dad, just wanted to let you know I'm thinking of you today. These angelversaries are tough. Your Sir Thomas was a special boy kitty, and it is good to remember him today.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tom's Dad
post Dec 8 2013, 05:42 PM
Post #38

Thank you moon_beam and DannysMom. I just feel kind of numb right now. Perhaps it's the depressing weather. Sir Thomas was indeed a very special boy who will live forever in my heart.

--------------------
Her hardest hue to hold.
But only so an hour.
So Eden sank to grief,
Nothing gold can stay.

+Quote Post
LoveMyMickey
post Dec 8 2013, 06:50 PM
Post #39

Member No.: 7,071

A poem from Sir Tom to his loving Dad.

A Brilliant Rainbow

High on whispered wings I fly
A radiant star, I light the sky.
Toward the sun I soar so free,
A brilliant rainbow follows me.
I pulsate through your very soul
And in my paws your heart I hold.
The day will come when you'll fly too,
I'll be here then to welcome you.
Until the time we meet again
I won't journey far my friend.
For in your love I live so free,
A brilliant rainbow guiding me.

Dad, I love you and miss you so much.
Your Son Forever,
Sir Tom

--------------------
"Love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation."

+Quote Post
Tom's Dad
post Dec 8 2013, 08:12 PM
Post #40

Thank you LMM. That's beautiful; made me tear up.

--------------------
Her hardest hue to hold.
But only so an hour.
So Eden sank to grief,
Nothing gold can stay.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >