IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules Site Rules and Courtesies
4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Welcome To Our New Members!, Post your introductions here....
LoveThem
post Sep 21 2008, 02:54 PM
Post #61

Group: Pet Lovers
Member No.: 3,876

To New Members:

It is wonderful when you come here to introduce yourself. But to get answers from the many members here who are always listening and want to reply to you..

please start a topic just for your baby in whatever Section of the Forum seems to apply....unfortunately the most active section is Death and Dying but that is where responses are (in the Special Sections). If a pet is sick..there is a special Section or if he is missing...of course, that Section is where to go.

I see new members post here and then come back...I assume to see if there are any replies.
We all get discouraged if we see no replies...

This section here is very good just to introduce yourself if you wish to..but if you need a conversation about your special one...please start a topic for your baby so it can be replied to.

Hope this helps explains the best way to start a conversation all your own and get replies.

Hugs to all who post. We are always listening. We understand your pain and want to help.

--------------------
LITTLE GUY - May 28, 1991 - Sept 10, 2007 - Always in my Heart.
His story: Section D&D: How do I stop crying? and also... My Boy is Gone Forever.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
gailie
post Jul 21 2009, 06:14 PM
Post #62

Member No.: 5,965

hi everyone. my name is gail. i live near cleveland, ohio. i'm 50, so i've had alot of losses in my life by now. anyways... i've lost 3 schnauzers and yesterday, we put our beloved beagle, miss lucy, to sleep (cancer/gallbladder disease).

i've been a grief facilitator for many years (for people losses), and i've found that grief is grief. doesn't matter if it's for a person, or a pet. it matters how CLOSE we are to the person or pet that determines our grief. for many, that would be their beloved pet.

anyways... i plan to pop in now and then and see if i can help anyone, or maybe share some of my own thoughts. i know talking helps alot, and also writing about our emotions.

i'm truly sorry for everyone's loss. i have loved each and every one of my dogs TONS, so i know how it is to lose one.

god bless.

+Quote Post
KatyAndTilly
post Aug 4 2009, 11:04 AM
Post #63

Member No.: 6,010

Hi there,
I'm Katy and I'm 21 years old.
I live in a small, rural city in the north west of England. I'm currently working at a store and going to college doing an access course to university where I'm hoping to study Psychology in Education.
I'm an addicted photographer and do the occasional shoot. I'm always carrying a camera with me.

I've always been an animal lover. Actually, I love most living things - humans the least. I'll try to save any living thing if I can and I am one of those people who get really annoyed if someone kills a bug.

I got my first cat as a gift when my father left when I was 4 years old so I put a lot of my emotion into caring for her and making sure she was happy. I had her for 17 years until I came home from my party on my 21st birthday and found her dead on the drive. She had an aggressive form of cancer that had spread pretty quickly but the vet said she actually died of a heart attack. Heartbroken.
We've had a lot of cats in between that we've lost but I realised it was just a way of life. Their deaths didn't hit me as hard as hers though.

Now we have Miss Tilly... the strangest cat I've ever come across. She's still very young but twice the size of any tom cat. She never stops meowing. She responds to anything you say to her and she has to climb into any hole she finds.

I'm extremely grateful for this site and will continue to be. Thank you.

+Quote Post
petmum
post Aug 4 2009, 06:40 PM
Post #64

Member No.: 5,842

I responded to another post of yours & forgot to mention that our "Miss Tilli" is very strange too, maybe it's the name, hehehe!!!!
glad to hear you gr8 news.
elaine

+Quote Post
Paul
post Nov 20 2009, 09:27 PM
Post #65

Member No.: 6,231

Hello my name is Paul, and on Wednesday Nov 18th we lost our 5 yr. old Mastiff to complications to surgery. He was diagnosed with Cancer in his forearm and after some long thinking and talking to the vets we got his leg amputated and planned to do chemotherapy. The vet said we probably bought him anywhere to 9 -14 + months. He came home 2 days after his surgery and we noticed he was leaking from his stitches. We took him back to see the vet who performed the amputation. He had a staph infection and had 2 surgeries to to try and clean the infection up. He went thru 1 blood transfusion and all sorts of antibiotics but his red blood cells levels just couldnt come back. He had some up and down days, and when we thought he would be coming home another problem arose, whether the infection came back or his blood pressure or protein levels dropped. We visited him on this past Wednesday, exactly 2 weeks he was admitted in the hospital for the staph infection and he was so weak he could not get up and walk around and he developed another infection and the decision was made to have him laid to rest.
He was way too young and we were told after the amputation he was such a young strong dog he would get thru the fight against cancer but this wa snot the case. It was a very tough decision to get the amputation and now we second guess if it was the right decision now since we lost him.

+Quote Post
Brutus
post Dec 1 2009, 08:24 AM
Post #66

Member No.: 6,235

Hi Paul, I'm so sorry you lost your furkid...it's so hard...especially with yours being so young. I too had to put my aging lab down just a couple weeks ago...and I wonder about my decision at times. There are lots of people here who can help you with your grief, we all know exactly what you're going through. I'm just not sure anyone comes much to this section of the forum. You should post maybe on the "death and dying support section", that's where most of the responses are. Please do post as I'm not as good as comforting as some of the others here...my pain is still too fresh.

Hugs to you,
Brutus' Mom

--------------------
****Sonya****

In loving memory of my soulmate, Brutus...never forgotten, always missed.

Brutus Midnight Gunsmoke
Black Lab and best friend
11-22-96 to 11-16-09

+Quote Post
Sassy'sMom
post Dec 16 2009, 05:28 PM
Post #67

Member No.: 6,271

QUOTE (LS Support @ Jun 29 2003, 03:35 PM) *
hi there, glad you could make it happy.gif i am happy to provide this new forum for members of
the L-S old forums ( http://lightning-strike.com/forums/ )as well. as those working their way from our battle-torn alt.support.grief.pet-loss
newsgroup on USENET. perhaps we all can use this as a troll-free resource as i will be ruthless
on off-topic postings and finally have the tools to squash any problems cool.gif

this would be a great forum to introduce yourselves, if you want. i will kick it off for y'all.

my name is marcdavid, people call me MD (i am not a doctor or vet, a rumour that has
been around ever since my pet-loss work has). i started the lightning-strike site back in '96
as a tribute to my very dear friend Tribble, who passed quickly from a thrombotic clot. it was
a nightmarish scene at the end, my wife (now ex) was a new vet and we tried to save him
but he died in my arms. i have not had a pet since, not my own...we did have 7 cats when i was
married though. to be truthful, i am kinda burnt out on cats and hope to get a dog one day,
a jack russell terrier is my hopeful. oh, right now we do have fish. and a snail. and cuz i left
the window open, about 100 flies dry.gif

im a 40yo freelance writer in columbus ohio and have 2 great kids ages 6 and 3. they keep me
on the run constantly. so although i will visit here several times a day, i may not post as much
as the rest of you but rest assured i will be reading and wishing you well during these hard times
in your life.

over the summer, i hope to completely redesign lightning-strike.com. i also have a very nice
chat room up and running now if anyone has the interest to participate. it has not been released
publicly yet, so let me know and i can get it readied.

welcome again, i hope you find the support you need here smile.gif

Hi everyone,

My name is Kathy and I have just discovered this Forum. I have been lying around for the the past five days trying to think of a way to console myself. So, I said to myself, "self, get up and go over to that computer and find a support group for help. So here I am.

Let me introduce myself:
I am a 56 yr old disabeled Gulf War Veteran (female). I left the military in 1998; had a somewhat empty marriage at the time; needed something to fill the void. Two years later was when I decided to go to my local walmart to past some time. I noticed someone selling puppies (cute little babies called "Poms").
4 boys and one girl. The little girl was laying back in the corner "chillin'", while her brothers ran a muck unsure.gif She looked up at me very sassy-like (hence the name "Sassy") with her little paws crossed as if to say, "please, take me away from those loud brothers of mine!" So I did, and the rest is...

Sassy left her wonderfully spoiled life five days ago, suddenly and unexspectedly from what i believe may have been a new medication prescription. She was my baby still at 9 yrs old, 4 months before her 10th birthday. It was just she and I in our home, since I was divorced three years ago. I am hurting so bad because i miss her so. She was my shadow. When I moved, she moved. No one could touch me unless she approved. Anyway, I will be posting more about my beloved "Sass". I am just happy to know, just by reading some of the posts, that it is okay to grieve for my baby girl. She was my comfort, my joy, and lived each day to walk with her mom, listen to her mom talk baby-talk, and sing the "Barney" theme song to her ("I LOVE YOU<YOU LOVE ME<THAT"S THE WAY IT"S SUPPOSE TO BE!!"") wub.gif She loved it and that was the last thing she heard from me before she took her last breath.

Anyway, this is getting extremely difficult to continue. However, I will be posting more soon. Looking forward to it !

[font="Comic Sans MS"][/font][/color] [color="#FF00FF"]In Loving memory of my true best friend, companion and confidant
April 2000-December 11, 2009

+Quote Post
nicola
post Mar 9 2012, 04:03 PM
Post #68

Member No.: 7,506

Hello everyone.
I'm Nicola 34 from Ashford. Kent.
I love cats and had to have my 11 year old cat Lucy putto sleep on 11th jan due to cancer.
We now have a 14 week old kitten sophie.

+Quote Post
Chandanimane
post Oct 23 2012, 09:12 AM
Post #69

Member No.: 7,795

Hi everyone. My name is Laura, 45 years old, who just lost her female shepherd mix, Zena, to liver cancer this past Saturday, the 20th of October. She was 11 years old. In July, I had to put down my other dog Zeus, an Alaskan Malamute/Belgian Shepherd mix who was 12 years old, because he had been getting seizures that were becoming days apart. The cause of them were unknown, but we took blood tests, so we know it wasn’t anything systemic. This has been a hard season, and especially a hard week, because Zena was my little baby girl and I’ve been feeling torn apart from her passing. Zeus was a sweetheart too, and it was so hard to see him suffer, but I don’t regret all of the effort I put forth in taking care of the both of them during their last days. You can see them both in my avatar, although that picture was taken years ago when Zena was still a puppy. It’s been helpful to read other people’s posts and to know that what I’m going through is perfectly normal. My time is limited, but I hope to stick around and to post more and to get to know everyone.

+Quote Post
Princessmommy
post Aug 13 2014, 09:29 PM
Post #70

Member No.: 8,392

Hello Everyone!!!

My name is Mayra, and I just joined this website tonight so I'm still confuse on how this website works and how to post my original post tonight. But hopefully someone is able to help me in pointing me in the right direction so I'm able to post things in the right place. I'm 33 years old and I currently live in Joliet Illinois with my husband and my 4 beautiful children. The reason that I enjoy this website is because I recently lost my calico baby kitten name princess. She was only (6months old) when I lost her. She was hit by a car right in front of my house I'm still hurt and so devastated right now that nothing seems to help me heal. I just need my baby back I can't seem to be without her. I decided to find any support online to see if it will help me with my grief process because apparently none of my family understands what I'm going through and all they say is get over it she was just a cat buy another one. I'm actually hurting alone with no one to hear me or talk to I feel so sad right now. I just that I'm able to tell my whole story of what happen to my princess. I just feel the need to let it out our I will go crazy. I hope I'm able to meet new people here and be in touch. sad.gif

+Quote Post
Mary k Par
post Sep 20 2014, 12:53 PM
Post #71

Member No.: 8,415

Hello, Everyone.

I have looked in my area for pet loss support groups, but have found none that are easy to get to. I'm so glad I've found this site! My name is Mary, and I'm 51 years old. I live in the Denver Metro area of Colorado and love it here! I'm 10 years into my second marriage and together we have 4 kids. My daughters, ages 18 and 22…the 18 year old was Halle's favorite of all the kids. My husbands kids, ages 18 and 15. I've had animal companions for my entire life, and when each one has crossed the bridge, I feel a definite sense of loss. This last one, however, has left me wondering what in the world to do with myself. I feel like my husband is being patient, but that he doesn't quite understand. We adopted Halle in 2006 and the rescue told us they thought she was about 6 years old then. I think they may have misjudged by a couple of years, because she's always had the grey muzzle and the fact that she could and would jump the fence to go after other dogs made me think she was more spry than anyone thought. It was a rough start, to be sure, but she and I formed a very unusual bond. Like many other dogs, she picked up on emotions very easily, but unlike some dogs, it really bothered her to see me or my daughter upset or sad. For the last 18+ months of her life, I gave her insulin shots every 12 hours and started to take her every other week to an animal acupuncturist for arthritis. In December she tore her ACL, but we decided it would be more dangerous to do the surgery at her age and current health problems. Almost without fail, in any type of weather she and I would have our morning walk. It was our time and as she slowed, it became less exercise for me and more for her. I indulged her incessant need to sniff at everything. After all, I knew our time together was getting shorter and shorter. It's the least I could do to let her have this joy, no matter how crazy it made me.

This past June, she really started to slow down. She no longer got up when I came home or when my husband came home from his business trips, or when her favorite kid came home. We went to one of her many dog beds to say hello and love on her. She still made it up the stairs to sleep with us though, where she also had a couple of dog beds. Spoiled! On June 21, we were at my neighbor's house visiting her best buddy, Lucy. She had really perked up and had so much fun! That night my daughter came home from a week long trip with her father. Normally Halle would have been beside herself with excitement, but the spark was gone from her eyes and she wouldn't get up. I knew. I KNEW something was not right. I didn't want to see it, and made all kinds of excuses in my head. I was NOT ready to say good bye. That night, around 12:30 AM she woke me up by crying, a very different cry. I jumped out of bed and turned on the light, and she was looking at me almost pleading with me to help her. She could not get up. I hoisted all 80 pounds of her to her feet, and it was like her back legs were Jell-O, and she fell back down. I called our emergency vet, and we gathered the 3 kids who still live at home to be with her. I then called my oldest daughter at her apartment to let her know we were taking Halle and this might be time to say good bye. She met us there. We think, though we aren't sure still, that she may have suffered a stroke. We made the decision to let her go. It was NOT the way I wanted it to be. I had it planned where it would be quiet, in our home with her favorite toy (the only stuffed animal she never tore apart) next to her and her laying on her blankie. But here we were in the middle of the night in a strange place with a vet whom I'd never met. She gave us all the time we needed for good byes, brought a jar of peanut butter for her to snack on along with all sorts of oreo cookies. Haha! She was so happy! But the time came and we knew we could not put it off. My sweet Halle girl passed surrounded by a family that loved her as unconditionally as she loved us, with her head in my daughter's lap. I was the last one to leave. I laid next to her and told her I was sorry, that I hoped I did right by her. And then I left. It's been 3 months and I miss her every minute of every day. I function, I work, I take care of the house. But every time I come home I still look for her. I had surgery in July and on the way home from the hospital I thought briefly, "It will be nice to snuggle with Halle." I take walks still every day - more quickly of course!. I feel her with me every time.

Like I said, each animal will hold a piece of my heart, but Halle took something else. I wish it would stop hurting so badly. Thank you so much for letting me write this.
xoxo MaryAttached Image

+Quote Post
Hisae Y
post Apr 5 2015, 07:52 AM
Post #72

Member No.: 8,586

Hi, everyone

It's been a while since someone posted in this forum, so I'll have a go.

My name is Hisae (hee-sah-eh), and I am 55 years old living in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. I work at an international school here as a high school math teacher (I teach AP calculus and International Baccalaureate courses). I am happily divorced (my cats were always scared of my ex-husband). I am nationality, and my two human children are half-American (daughter 29 years old and son 22 years old), and they live in the States (daughter in Alaska and son in Arizona).

Like everyone, I am so glad that I found this site. My sweet Tama passed away March 31, and I am devastated and heart-broken. Thank you, thank you, thank you for being here for me and for all those who are grieving for their beloved companions.
Attached image(s)
Attached Image

+Quote Post
Oscarbeans mom
post Sep 17 2015, 12:43 AM
Post #73

Member No.: 8,691

Hi,
I am so grateful for this site and have felt "less alone" in grieving the loss of my Chihuahua Oscar. My heart is broken and I long for the time his memories bring me smiles instead of tears.
It was such an honor and blessing to be a part of Oscar's life. I look forward to my heart ache subsiding but in the mean time I can see some of the healing begins here. Thank-you for being here.
Corie

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:12 AM