Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Theresa My Baby Girl
Tom's Dad
post May 21 2016, 01:07 PM
Post #41

Group: Pet Lovers
Member No.: 6,946

Hi moon_beam.

It's not just the blood. I know the tumor will bleed from time to time (that's what prompted me to take her in in the first place) But she's withdrawing more. She won't cuddle (either in the bed or on the couch) She's not asking for hugs anymore, nor will she permit me to pick her up for some. And I already mentioned I can't engage her to play in any way which she used to love - she won't even give the laser pointer a 2nd look and she used to LOVE that.

All of that doesn't necessarily mean her quality of life is all that bad. But she just seems so sad and miserable all the time. This wasn't the normal bit of tumor bleeding either - I dare say it was a "bloodbath" Like she was trying to see if she could get herself to bleed out. I just don't want to come home to her dead or dying (and suffering) because I waited too long in denial like I did with Tom. By the same token, I don't want to jump the gun either. If she is "happy" being unhappy and not engaging with me unless I get right up in her face, thy will be done. But her next appointment next Saturday will tell. I'm going to tell Dr. Mills to me completely straight with me though. I sensed the last 2 times he was dancing around the issue and candy coating.

Thank you for checking on us as well as your thoughts and prayers. Blessings.

TTT

--------------------
Nature's first green is gold
Her hardest hue to hold.
Her early leaf's a flower;
But only so an hour.
Then leaf subsides to leaf.
So Eden sank to grief,
So dawn goes down to day.
Nothing gold can stay.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post May 22 2016, 10:21 AM
Post #42

Forum Moderator

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 4,861

Hi, Tracy, thank you so much for sharing with us how your precious princess Theresa is doing. Tracy, I can so understand your concern for your precious girl. Trying to look at it from her standpoint I can just imagine what she would say if she could talk to you in a common language "what is this stupid thing on my tongue? It is so annoying. If I could just lick it off it would go away." So the only way she has of trying to lick the tumor off is through grooming herself - - frequently - - vigorously - - thus making the tumor bleed. The tongue, as you know, is composed with numerous blood vessels which - - of course - - can bleed quite a lot when injured in some way. Apparently the tumor / growth has quite a lot of blood vessels in it so when she frequently / vigorously grooms herself it is prone to bleeding - - and at times bleeding a lot. So the volume of blood from her most recent grooming event could just be a normal occurrence under the circumstances. As a suggestion - - if you're not already doing this, or haven't thought about it yet - - you might want to consider keeping a journal of how your precious girl is doing - - eating, eliminating, engaging in her environment and with you and Tang, the events of when her tongue bleeds, etc.. This will not only help you when you take your precious girl to see Dr. Mills, but it will also help you keep track of her quality of life, etc.. It's just a thought for whatever help it might be to you.

Also, when our companions become chronically ill they do experience depression just like we do - - which includes withdrawing from their normal activities and interests. After all it's no fun having a growth on the tongue that makes eating unpleasurable and grooming a major mess. I know you're doing everything in your power to help your precious girl. This may be another topic you will want to talk to Dr. Mills about at her next appointment.

I'm glad you're going to ask Dr. Mills to be straightforward with you. You can't make proper decisions for your precious girl unless you have the facts. Just trying to surmise the possibilities a bit - - up until this point Dr. Mills may have been trying a "wait and see" approach so that he can get a better evaluation of how your precious girl is doing before offering you more definitive information. He may also be waiting for you to ask - - as some clients don't want to know the straightforward facts. From what you have shared with us, it seems you and Dr. Mills have a good relationship, and I feel confident that he will answer your questions to your satisfaction. The important thing, of course, is knowing what is best for your precious girl. Please know your precious Theresa, and you and your precious Tang, are in my thoughts and prayers that Dr. Mills will be able to offer you the support and answers you need to make the proper decisions for your precious girl. Please let us know how things go with her next appointment.

I hope today is treating your precious Theresa, and you and little Tang, kindly, and that you and your precious companions will have a peaceful, blissful, cozy evening blessed with your beloved Sir Thomas' sweet Living Spirit to comfort you. Please know your precious girl, and you and little Tang, are in my thoughts and prayers, and please let us know how your precious Theresa, and you, are doing.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------
In heaven's perfect garden there is no grief or pain, and all of God's creation join the angels' sweet refrain.

The most blessed way I have of knowing God's comforting love and grace is to look into the eyes and heart of God's creatures' sweet angelic face.

+Quote Post
Tom's Dad
post May 22 2016, 03:03 PM
Post #43

Hello moon_beam.

Thank you for your ongoing support and encouragement. I'm not really a journal keeper - pretty much keep track of things in my head. In a any case, she bleeds more and more everyday. For example, I had to clean her up after she did no more than eat/drink her milk/can food soup. Today she's been acting more herself. Clawing the carpet, wanting to go outside, even laying next to me on the sofa. Last night she even rolled over on her back as I brushed her and sang to her, So, she's trying.

But I cannot ignore that overall, she's not doing well. The tumor is not shrinking or even being halted. She can't even close her mouth all the way now or meow more than a tiny squeak sad.gif I can feel the "detachment" almost overwhelming me. And if that means what you say it does, that can't bode well for the future. I'm not making any decisions just yet, but I just can't go through what I did with Tom again.

Thank you again for checking on us and for your thoughts and prayers. Blessings.

TTT

--------------------
Her hardest hue to hold.
But only so an hour.
So Eden sank to grief,
Nothing gold can stay.

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post May 23 2016, 11:29 AM
Post #44

Forum Moderator

Hi, Tracy, thank you so much for sharing with us how you and your precious princess Theresa, and you, are doing. It is very difficult to see our once vibrant companion become frail, and heartbreaking on every level. And the suddenness of your precious girl's medical challenge certainly doesn't make this journey any easier to bear. There is no doubt you are doing everything in your power to keep her comfortable and happy under the circumstances. She knows you love her, Tracy, and she is forever blessed to have you for her Forever Dad.

I hope today is treating your precious Theresa, and you and little Tang, kindly, and that each of you will have a very peaceful, blissful, cozy evening blessed with your beloved Sir Thomas' sweet Living Spirit to comfort you. Please know your precious girl, and you and little Tang, are in my thoughts and prayers, and please let us know how your precious Theresa is doing.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------
In heaven's perfect garden there is no grief or pain, and all of God's creation join the angels' sweet refrain.

The most blessed way I have of knowing God's comforting love and grace is to look into the eyes and heart of God's creatures' sweet angelic face.

+Quote Post
Tom's Dad
post May 23 2016, 12:04 PM
Post #45

Hello moon_beam

Thank you, as always, for your comforting words of support. It really is hard to watch her go downhill like this, just as it was watching Tom. She is trying it seems, but so was he. I try not to let this show when I talk to her, but I think she picks up on it anyway; may be why she IS trying so hard to eat, groom etc. I'm very conflicted right now about what's best, which is premature until I talk to Dr. Mills I know. I am off Memorial Day and I have a feeling I'm going to need that extra day off sad.gif

Thank you again for checking on us as well as your thoughts and prayers. Blessings.

TTT

--------------------
Her hardest hue to hold.
But only so an hour.
So Eden sank to grief,
Nothing gold can stay.

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post May 24 2016, 12:15 PM
Post #46

Forum Moderator

Hi, Tracy, thank you so much for sharing with us how your precious princess Theresa, and you and your precious Tang, are doing.

My friend, you have never lied to your precious companions about how you're feeling, and now is not the time to try to begin hiding how you're feeling about your precious Theresa's medical challenges. Some people think they have to be "superman strong". First of all, this isn't physically or emotionally healthy, and it doesn't fool our precious companions at all for they can see right through us and know exactly how we're feeling. Trying to hide from them how we're feeling puts stress on them as well - - so it's best for both our precious companions and us to just be honest with one another.

It truly sounds from what you share with us - - including in your topic about your precious Tang - - that your precious girl still has a Will to endure in this earthly realm even if it is on a limited energy basis. Of course she wants to spend as much time as she possibly can with her Forever Dad and little brother, although again her energy levels are limited. I'm chuckling at her waiting for you and Tang to join her in the kitchen last night for dinner. Even though eating is a challenge for her, her spirit is still willing to participate as much as she can in the normal routines. So please understand what you're feeling is a very normal part of this journey when you share with us that you are feeling "conflicted." This definitely means that neither you nor your precious Theresa are "ready" to toss in the towel - - so just keep doing the great job you're doing in taking care of your precious girl.

And even if Dr. Mills does not have encouraging news to give you during her appointment this weekend, you still do not have to make an immediate decision - - unless circumstances prove otherwise. Please know we are here for you, my friend.

I hope today is treating your precious Theresa, and you and little Tang, kindly, and that each of you will have a very peaceful, blissful, cozy evening blessed with your beloved Sir Thomas' sweet Living Spirit to comfort you. Please know your precious girl, and you and little Tang, are in my thoughts and prayers, and please let us know how your precious Theresa is doing.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tom's Dad
post May 24 2016, 12:37 PM
Post #47

Hello moon_beam.

Thank you, as always, for your encouragement and support. I know the saying "Where there's a will there's a way" But there is also "The spirit is willing, but the body's not able" That's what's so heart rending. That she's willing to participate in all the normal routines, but not able to. The 2 factors I will be looking at Saturday will be if she's gained (or at least maintained) her weight, and how big the tumor has gotten since last time. I know I should "be in the now" and I'm trying. But it's just so difficult. I will let you know how things are progressing.

Thank you again for checking on us and your thoughts and prayers. Blessings.

TTT

6:45: Home safe and sound. She was in the same spot and it was harder to coax her out. Puddle of blood on the carpet under her. She barely took 2 sips of milk. She is looking worse than Tom before the end. It's not just the grooming. This thing has really got it's hooks into her; it's not just on her tongue, it IS her tongue. When the vet office calls about the reminder, I'm going to tell them tell to Dr. Mills to prepare for the worst. You and whoever on here may think me a monster but I'm not going to let her suffer the way Tom did. If Dr. Mills says otherwise, great. But I can feel in my heart and soul the part of her that wants to let go sad.gif

--------------------
Her hardest hue to hold.
But only so an hour.
So Eden sank to grief,
Nothing gold can stay.

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post May 25 2016, 11:57 AM
Post #48

Forum Moderator

Hi, Tracy, thank you so much for sharing with us how your precious princess Theresa is doing. My friend, I am sooooooo sorry that your precious little girl's health is continuing to decline. Please know that NO ONE here will ever think of you as being a monster - - why on earth would we knowing that you love your precious girl with all your heart and are doing everything in your power to keep her safe, happy, and comfortable. From first hand experience with my own beloved companions I know so well exactly how you're feeling when you share with us "But I can feel in my heart and soul the part of her that wants to let go." Only YOU know your precious girl's heart and only YOU can make the right decisions for her. Please know we are here for you to offer our support and encouragement in any way we can.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tom's Dad
post May 25 2016, 12:11 PM
Post #49

Hello moon_beam.

Thank you, as always for your compassionate support and understanding. Of course you would know exactly how I'm feeling after all that you have been through with your fur kids.

Another "sign" I'm getting is her "go to" place. The little area just outside the spare bedroom door and the furnace closet. It was one of Tom's favorite places in life (he was convinced there were monsters in there) and where we can most feel his presence from time to time. I've been feeling it lately and think she has too. It's even measurably colder in that spot than any other place in the apartment. She also sits/lays all hunched up on all fours rather than on her side or back like she used to.

I just hope she knows how much I love her and don't want her to suffer or be in pain. She's given me over 9 wonderful years. I hope I have given her the same. I don't know how long she would have lasted if I hadn't taken her as the shelter was clearly not bothering to even try to treat her ailments.

Thank you for checking on us and for your thoughts and prayers. They are appreciated. Blessings.

TTT

--------------------
Her hardest hue to hold.
But only so an hour.
So Eden sank to grief,
Nothing gold can stay.

+Quote Post
MannaPaws
post May 25 2016, 02:36 PM
Post #50

Member No.: 8,843

Dear Tom’s Dad,

I feel such sadness, as I read the updates about your sweet, precious girl Theresa’s decline. First, before I say anything else, I want to say the same thing as moon_beam said: “Please know that NO ONE here will ever think of you as being a monster.” I read through your posts in this section, as well as other sections in the forum, and you are in no way a monster.

You’ve done the best for your precious Theresa, giving her the greatest care and comfort as humanely possible. You do the same for your precious boy Tang, and did the same for your sweet, beloved Tom. I can say without a doubt that Theresa knows you love her with all your heart, mind and soul. She isn’t feeling good, and she’s struggling, so that is why she won’t always cuddle with you, and why she’ll be in different positions. My beloved fur boy that I lost years ago, responded in similar ways, and that’s because his body was struggling to find that equilibrium. However, he knew how much I loved him, even though he wasn’t capable of expressing it the way he used to.

I also agree with what moon_beam said: “Only YOU know your precious girl's heart and only YOU can make the right decisions for her.” That is the thing, you are the best one to decide on what to do or not to do. I know that so far, what I’ve read from individuals on this forum, they would never think you a monster for the care you’ve provided for your sweet little girl. And if that means helping her transition to the Angels to be with Tom, then you will know the “right” time for that.

However, things can change at a moment’s notice, as I also discovered with my precious, sweet beloved boy, many years ago. A number of times, I thought he was on his way out, and then he’d recover again, eating and even engaging with me, albeit he wasn’t as chipper and spunky as he once was. Like you, I felt like I didn't know what to do, watching him in various states of decline, and then various states of revival. In addition, I was dealing with guilt from the loss of another companion whom I felt I wasn't there for when he died. All these things weighed heavily on me as well, and sometimes I thought I would break down completely.

On the way home from work, I also wondered if I would find my boy dead, or if he would be in even a worse state than when I left him. Even though I didn’t find him that way, and he actually died while I was with him, the pain of his loss still affected me the same way as with my other companion who passed on without my presence. What it boils down to is that it is extremely painful, regardless of what you do or do not do, whether you helped your precious companions transition or not via a Veterinarian, or whether you were there or not, when they transitioned to the Heavenly realms. This thing called death is one of the most painful things, and seeing our beautiful girls and boys go through sickness and decline is the hardest thing one will endure. It doesn't matter how it happens, when it happens, or whether it happens when we're there or not there.

Let me emphasize once again that you are not a monster. You’ve done nothing wrong with any of your companions. One can think and even say things they normally wouldn't during emotional upheavals, but that does not negate the loving, caring and generous you've provided for your companions. Also, no one but you has walked in your shoes and do not know what you've been through or the struggles you've endured. So if anyone has ever said anything negative to you in regard to what a good father you've been or the care you've provided, then you know they don't really know you. I'm saying this just in case someone has said anything that may have hurt you in the past. I know that some times family and even some friends can say things that can be hurtful for whatever reasons, so that's why I even bring this up.

But please acknowledge that you truly care for and love your companions, but you are also bombarded with all kinds of emotions right now and are struggling with feelings from the past as well as the present. Someone who bathes and brushes, feeds, gives insulin to their baby, adjusts and modifies the kinds of foods they eat, and also feeds and cares for waifs around the locality where you reside (I read a number of your other posts the “New Beginnings” forum) is someone who totally loves not only his fur babies, but also cares about and loves the homeless ones who have no forever moms or dads.

Please do continue to express how you’re feeling, and also update us all on Theresa and on Tang whenever you can. You mentioned you were concerned that Tang may not be given enough attention, but he can see that Theresa needs more care than he does right now. I will venture to guess that Tang's even trying to comfort her when you’re not at home.

I haven’t been able to check the forum and reply here until today, since I’m dealing with some health issues that I’ve finally gotten under control. Please know, though, that I’m thinking about and praying for your Theresa, for Tang and also for you. I will try to come back here whenever I am able to. Please take care of yourself and give yourself a big pat on the back for being such a caring, loving father to your precious Theresa and Tang. If I had a hat on, I would take it off to you to commend you for everything you've done and everything you do.

Blessings and warm regards,
MannaPaws

+Quote Post
Tom's Dad
post May 25 2016, 03:02 PM
Post #51

Hello MannaPaws

I'm sorry to hear you're having health issues and hope you get to feeling better soon. Thank you so much for your kind words and support. I did indeed have a couple of people on here giving me a hard time saying I don't deserve fur kids and such. One even advocated having me shot ohmy.gif To the best of my knowledge they were both banned.

Even if having to help my baby girl transition to the angles turns out to be the right thing to do, it's going to be the hardest thing I ever do. But I wasn't there for Tom and I want to be there for her; to honor his memory in a way in addition to my love for her. Right now I'm feeling detached probably due the shock of the reality of the situation. I am keeping some hope, but am also steeling myself for what may be inevitable. Your right in that she's probably uncomfortable and therefore doesn't want to cuddle anymore. But she finds other ways of being near me.

I appreciate you checking out my other posts and the kind words you have to say about them. I started feeding just a few cats I'd notice around the dumpsters buying maybe one 3.5 LB bag of food per week. I'm up to 10-13 LBS per week with the new additions that frequent the back of the property. I do this early in the mornings now rather than the evenings to avoid the "haters". I decided I'd rather do that and know where every penny of my dollars are going than give to ASPCA and wonder.

I can't know what the future holds for sure for my baby girl, but my gut is telling me another story. I know Dr. Mills will be straight with me about her prognosis. I'm going to ask his advice both as a vet and a pet parent. He had a Siamese girl some time back that he brought to meet me and Tom so we'd know we weren't alone battling diabetes.

Thank you again for stopping by to offer support and encouragement as well as your thoughts and prayers. It is appreciated. Peace and Blessings.

TTT

--------------------
Her hardest hue to hold.
But only so an hour.
So Eden sank to grief,
Nothing gold can stay.

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post May 26 2016, 10:19 AM
Post #52

Forum Moderator

Hi, Tracy, thank you so much for sharing with us how your precious princess Theresa, and you and little Tang, are doing. My friend, your precious girl knows that you love her - - she is so blessed to have you for her Forever Dad, and because she knows you love her, she has given to you 9 years of many treasured memories to hold in your heart for all eternity. The love bond you and your precious Theresa share is eternal - - nothing in heaven or on earth can ever change this - - not even the painful adjustment to physical separation.

I can imagine that now as Saturday is more closely approaching that a part of you is dreading the anticipation of what may happen when you take your precious girl to see Dr. Mills. Of course you don't want your precious girl suffering in any way for any amount of time, yet I know from my own personal experiences with my beloved companions that your heart would leap with joy if Dr. Mills was able to help restore your precious girl's physical health. Whatever happens on Saturday, my friend, please know we are here for you.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tom's Dad
post May 26 2016, 10:39 AM
Post #53

Hi moon_beam.

Thank you for your continuing words of comfort and support. She did something surprising last night. Well, a few things. After my shower and her only taking a few more sips of milk, she literally attacked the food and water bowls - back and forth. The hope was somewhat short lived upon closer inspection of the food bowl though. It was full of whole, uneaten, slobbery kibble; had to toss it, clean the bowl and put out new food. Perhaps sensing what a bust that was, she returned to picking them out of the bowl to the floor this morning.

She also avoided her
'go to" spot after I put down her comfy towel there. Whether she doesn't like the towel, or wants to avoid giving me "signs" I cannot say. She also bounded on to the bed last night while I was watching TV when I said "I could sure use some kitties in here" She didn't stay there, but did sleep on the floor next to the bed the reset of the night.

Right now I guess I'm on the fence as it were until we see Dr. Mills on Saturday. But off hand, I'd say she's picking up on my thoughts and feelings (I never vocalize them around her) and is perhaps not yet ready to let let go. Who knows, perhaps it's come from her "communing" with Angel Tom in her "go to" place.

I appreciate your thoughts and prayers and will update new developments. Blessings.

TTT

--------------------
Her hardest hue to hold.
But only so an hour.
So Eden sank to grief,
Nothing gold can stay.

+Quote Post
MannaPaws
post May 26 2016, 06:56 PM
Post #54

Hello Tom’s Dad,

Thank you for your good wishes regarding my health issues and feeling better soon. Yesterday and today were good days, and I’m giving thanks for that and enjoying this beautiful day.

I am terribly sorry that you had been given a hard time on this forum by a couple of people. I am relatively new here, so didn’t see anything of that nature. I’m surmising that these individuals either emailed you personally, or that whatever they said on the forum was deleted. Either way, that is terrible to be the recipient of those harsh words, as well as someone advocating your being shot. That is something that is quite illegal, and these types of perpetrators can be turned over to authorities if they persist. I just want you to know that I feel very sorry that you were the recipient of these types of attacks.

I can sympathize with what you said, “Even if having to help my baby girl transition to the angles turns out to be the right thing to do, it's going to be the hardest thing I ever do.” Yes, it is one of the hardest things to do, and it’s something that one struggles with constantly, especially if our babies start to recover (even slightly) and try eating again. I did read in another post that you shared that Theresa attempted to dig into her kibbles, but wasn’t able to follow through. It seems as though she still has an appetite, but is finding it very difficult to eat/chew her food, which I’m guessing is due to the tumor and the pain associated with it.

I also can sympathize with your feelings of detachment, which as you say is probably due to feeling the shock of the reality of the situation. It’s a way of preparing yourself for whatever may happen and is also a defense mechanism, which is normal. I felt that way, myself, with all of my precious companions, but more so with my beautiful boy who lived a while longer than expected. He would go downhill, and then he would pull out and be able to eat and function on some level. There were those good days with him, even though I did need to clean him, and also prepare food in a way that was easier for him to chew and digest. Just as you have been doing with your sweet Theresa. I know she loves you for this, and she tries to show you as best as she can, given the circumstances. Once again, you are a wonderful, caring, loving and conscientious father to Theresa, as well as to Tang, and as well as you were to your beloved Tom.

Your veterinarian, Dr. Mills, sounds like a wonderful man, as when he brought in his Siamese girl to meet you and your beloved Tom, so you’d know you weren’t alone in battling diabetes. I’m certain come Saturday, Dr. Mills will be able to give you good advice and answer any questions or concerns you present to him. He sounds like a very caring and trustworthy human being and professional.

I just think it’s wonderful that you’re feeding all the waifs within your community. It looks like they are all getting some very good nutrition and a lot of food, especially with the increase in the size of the bags per week you’ve been giving them. What a shame there are people there who are “haters” of cats who would see you out there in the evenings, making it where you can only come out in the mornings now. I don’t understand why some people don’t like cats. But the good thing is that these sweet waifs have you as their Savior, and that negates whatever others may feel about them. They are so blessed to have you providing for them. I was reading, somewhere, in this forum where there is another individual – I think the name is “Love Mickey” or something like that - who is also feeding some kitty waifs. This person is also a wonderful, caring and loving individuals, and thank God there are people like you and this other person who give so unconditionally.

Thank you for updating us all again, and please do so whenever you can. You are going through a lot right now, but Theresa is so blessed to have you ministering to her, and I know she is grateful to you and loves you so much. You, Theresa and Tang will continue to be in my thoughts and prayers.

You signed some of your posts with “TTT”. I was wondering what those initials mean. Thanks.

Blessings & warm regards,
MannaPaws

+Quote Post
Tom's Dad
post May 27 2016, 06:40 AM
Post #55

Hello MannaPaws.

Thank you for your kind words and support. The situation with those other people started because I posted something on FB the first one didn't like which started a "flame war" of sorts. She brought that here to this forum - as in public posts not PMs. I had to block her in my personal email too though. The other one just took up for her saying "what they do to people like me in Texas" Having lived there 8 years, I knew exactly what he meant. The mods did too I guess. But they're gone now, so who cares.

Theresa moves around a lot now. By that I mean she picks different spots to be perfectly still instead of by the furnace closet. I'm not really sure what to make of that. She's always been a bit moody and sometimes its hard to know what she's trying to tell me. This morning her spot was in her carrier. Last time she did that was right before another vet appointment I'd made because she wasn't feeling well.

Yes, Dr Mills is a good vet and all around human being. I've been going to him at Banfield for 11 years. He performed quite a miracle removing the tumor from Tang's ear that 3 years later shows no signs of returning (knock wood) I guess that may be my allotment of miracle surgeries though sad.gif I know he will give me good advice as you say.

I don't know what the problem is with the other tenants and cats either. But since statistically most of them are recreational pharmacutical (sp?) users, who knows. I don't even use bowls anymore since they were throwing them away.

The TTT simply is for our first names Tracy, Theresa and Tang. Thank you again for your thoughts and prayers. Peace and Blessings.

--------------------
Her hardest hue to hold.
But only so an hour.
So Eden sank to grief,
Nothing gold can stay.

+Quote Post
MannaPaws
post May 27 2016, 10:44 AM
Post #56

Hello Tom’s Dad,

Thank you for sharing an update on your precious Theresa and Tang. I’ve been keeping you and your babies (TTT) in my thoughts and prayers. You mentioned that Theresa moves around a lot now, picking different spots to be perfectly still, instead of by the furnace closet. I’m not really sure what to make of that either, except that she may just be trying to get comfortable as best as she can. In addition her equilibrium is also off, since she’s dealing with the tumor and pain in her mouth, and possibly other issues within her body. It’s like when one has a pain in the back, or other areas of the body, and needs to adjust in different positions, in order to find some kind of relief.

My companions also displayed these kinds of things, as they went through various illnesses, sitting in one spot, then in another spot. Like with Theresa, 2 of them were also quite moody, so that can also influence where they sit and how they respond to their loved ones at any given moment. This is just “my” take on this, and it could be something totally different with Theresa. But one thing I do know for certain is that she is still quite engaged with her environment, since she keeps moving to different areas, as well as trying to eat. Also, she is engaging with you, albeit in different ways and on different levels.

It looks like you have some shady characters in your neighborhood, so I will pray for protection for you and the waifs from anyone who may want to do harm. I’m not saying they will try to harm you or the kitties, but you mentioned they are recreational pharmaceutical users. I know you’re already careful, but I just want to say to continue to be as careful as possible, since these types of people can be very unpredictable. I know a friend who is dealing with a similar situation where she lives, and she and the other tenants try to avoid these people as much as possible. Anyway, you are doing a wonderful job of providing for these waifs, and also keeping a low profile. I can imagine they really look forward to seeing you in the evenings!

Your Dr. Mills is truly a proficient Vet and a caring individual, and I know you trust him completely, especially since you’ve been going to him for 11 years. What an amazing thing he did with Tang, as when he removed the tumor from his ear 3 years ago, and it hasn’t come back. Thank you for sharing this incident. As far as miracles, my personal experience is that there is no limit as to what can happen. With my own life and with my precious companions, there were times I thought it was “the end”, and then revival occurred. Of course, the time did come when their lives came to an end, as it does with all living creatures. The point is that I witnessed miracles that I wasn’t prepared for, and didn’t think would happen, and it was during those times that I went through transformations that changed my heart, mind and soul for the better.

I know, too, that God is in control and that He has given me hope, strength and the ability to endure, regardless of the outcome. This is only “my” take, and what I believe, and I would never tell anyone to believe the way I do. But I felt I should share my own personal experience, letting you know that even though there are painful and terrible things that happen in one’s life, there is also hope in the midst of it all. And in the midst of this all, miracles continue to happen. I will continue to pray the same for you, Theresa and for Tang. May God watch over you all in the midst of all of these unknowns, and give you hope, strength and the ability to endure.

I thank you again for sharing how your precious, sweet Theresa has been doing. Even when there are times that I cannot visit this forum, please know that I am thinking of you all and praying for you frequently.

Blessings,
MannaPaws

+Quote Post
Tom's Dad
post May 27 2016, 11:12 AM
Post #57

Thank you for your kind words and support. Your explanation of why my baby girl is moving around is as good as any. I can see that she fidgets trying to get comfortable when she picks a new spot.

There are "shady" people indeed where I live. But it's always been that way. From things I have noticed over the 13 years I have lived there, I'm pretty sure the property owner controls all of that "traffic" 'nuff said. But I am careful which is why I go out to feed the waifs early in the mornings before I head off to my bus stop to work. It's been working out for the most part.

I called Banfield today ahead of my reminder call and told the lady to tell Dr. Mills to prepare for the worst. She changed my appointment type to allow him to spend more time with us. I've been thinking about it for a while, but when I said the words out loud it hit me kind of hard.

Don't worry about forcing your views on me me. If my mother couldn't, nobody can (whole other sordid story) I may not be religious, but I talk to God plenty. Or His/my proxy Angel Tom - I know he watches over us and has kept me out of harm's way many times.

I thank you for checking in on us and appreciate your thoughts an prayers. I'll keep updates posted. As the saying goes, we are not promised tomorrow. Peace and Blessings.

TTT

--------------------
Her hardest hue to hold.
But only so an hour.
So Eden sank to grief,
Nothing gold can stay.

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post May 27 2016, 12:24 PM
Post #58

Forum Moderator

Hi, Tracy, thank you so much for sharing with us how your precious princess Theresa, and you and little Tang, are doing. I totally agree with MannaPaws observation from what you share with us that your precious Theresa is trying to find ways to get comfortable in where and how she settles down. I also totally agree with MannaPaws when she shares with you that our precious companions can overcome great adversities to show us that it isn't their "time" yet to transition from this earthly realm - - because none of us have the gift of foreknowledge as to how and when the transition from this earthly realm will happen. But whatever happens, my friend, I wish to reassure you again that we are here for you.

I'm glad you called Banfield to have your precious girl's appointment extended so that he can thoroughly examine her and answer your questions. Please let us know how things go whenever possible.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tom's Dad
post May 27 2016, 12:30 PM
Post #59

Hello moon_beam.

Thank you for checking in on us and your kind words of support. I'm a big believer in anything is possible and there is no doubt my baby girl is trying to overcome this adversity. Whether or not her body will be in sync with that is impossible to say. Tomorrow will tell. I appreciate you all being supportive of what ever decision I may have to make. I know that you know firsthand the difficulty of the situation. I will keep you posted. Thanks again for your thoughts and prayers. Peace and Blessings.

TTT

--------------------
Her hardest hue to hold.
But only so an hour.
So Eden sank to grief,
Nothing gold can stay.

+Quote Post
MannaPaws
post May 27 2016, 07:26 PM
Post #60

Hello Tom’s Dad,

Just dropping in once more to let you know that thoughts and prayers will be going out to you & Theresa tomorrow, when you see Dr. Mills at Banfield. I’m so glad to know that your appointment type was changed, so you will have more time with him. I know you will make the best decision, whatever it may be. I may not be able to go onto the forum tomorrow, so that’s why I’m writing this today.

I am not religious myself, per se. I do not embrace any denomination, nor am I a part of a religious organization. I don’t have anything against churches and religious establishments, however, and if it helps people in their spiritual walk, then that is good.

I was an atheist, some years back, and only believed in the 5 tangible senses of the natural world, and not in the spiritual world in any way, means or form. But then things changed for me personally. Like you, I also talk to God “plenty”, and I’ve also had some heated discussions with Him, to put it mildly. I love and am so touched by what you said about your proxy Angel Tom, and him watching over you all, and keeping you out of harms way.

I surmise you’ve dealt with some family dynamics of sorts, based on what you said about the relationship with your mother being another “sordid” story. I, too, have dealt with all kinds of family dynamics and issues, so can relate with the “sordid” things as well – unfortunately.

I will end this here by saying to just keep doing what you’ve been doing with Theresa, and don’t ever doubt that you’ve done the best, and been the best father to your little girl. Once again, whatever you decide or do not decide tomorrow, will be the right choice. Hold on and stay strong, Tom’s Dad, and know that there are good people in this forum who are behind you all the way. They care about you, and care about your precious Theresa and Tang.

Blessings,
MannaPaws

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 01:27 PM