Closed TopicStart new topic
> It's A Tuxedo Girl, a new friend to comfort me over losing my Danny boy
Tom's Dad
post Jan 12 2014, 05:35 PM
Post #201

Group: Pet Lovers
Member No.: 6,946

Hi DannysMom.

Sounds like Miss Mindy kicked up quite a ruckus with Shelley. This happens from time to time with Theresa and Tang; and it goes both ways these days. We will probably never know why they do this. Just the mystery of being feline cool.gif

I hope you and your girls had a most pleasant day otherwise. TTFN

TTT

--------------------
Nature's first green is gold
Her hardest hue to hold.
Her early leaf's a flower;
But only so an hour.
Then leaf subsides to leaf.
So Eden sank to grief,
So dawn goes down to day.
Nothing gold can stay.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
DannysMom
post Jan 14 2014, 09:38 PM
Post #202

Member No.: 7,464

Tom's Dad, I think you are right about it being a mystery of being feline! wink.gif wink.gif Mindy must have been in one of her moods. The next day she was nice to Shelley and groomed her. All's well again in kittyland. Yesterday evening Mindy spied on Shelley as she was using the litterbox. Shelley also does that to Mindy. I don't know what it is with them that they just have to watch each other going potty. laugh.gif

--------------------
Danny: March 4, 2001 - December 28, 2011
Tina: October 27, 1997 - April 28, 2012

To live in hearts we leave behind is not to die.

+Quote Post
Tom's Dad
post Jan 16 2014, 07:40 PM
Post #203

Hi DannysMom. I'm glad to hear all is well with Miss Mindy and Shelley again happy.gif

I'm laugh.gif at the litter box "ambushes" Theresa and Tang do that all the time. Hoping you all are well. TTFN

TTT

--------------------
Her hardest hue to hold.
But only so an hour.
So Eden sank to grief,
Nothing gold can stay.

+Quote Post
xxForeverxx
post Jan 27 2014, 06:12 AM
Post #204

Member No.: 7,430

Hi DannysMom

Sounds like your Mindy is a right little rascal when it comes to winding Shelley up! Lucky Shelley is so forgiving. Sweet though as she obviously just wants to play with Shelley a lot.

How is her skin now?

xxForeverxx

+Quote Post
DannysMom
post Jan 29 2014, 07:20 PM
Post #205

xxForeverxx, yes Mindy is definitely the frisky one in the family! She loves chasing after Shelley and wrestling with her. After Shelley went out on the balcony today and got some fresh air she was all wound up and played chase with Mindy. I love seeing them gallop around. Mindy's skin looks a bit better. I ordered some witch hazel that is safe to use for cats and will try to dab her chin with it once a week to keep the blackheads in check. Mindy is taking it in stride. She doesn't seem to be bothered too much by the blackheads, but her skin is still so itchy and she gets jumpy and restless.

--------------------

+Quote Post
DannysMom
post Feb 15 2014, 12:34 PM
Post #206

Poor Mindy developed a big, red bump right by her ear, but it is healing now since I've been putting ointment on it every night. She doesn't like the greasy ointment, but it sure does help. This morning she was in her snuggle mood and rolled on her back and rubbed her head all over my arm. She loves having me home on the weekend and always gets so affectionate with me on Saturdays. Yesterday she was getting so excited watching the seagulls in the morning who were swooping in and looking for some food in the trash that people had put out for trash day. They only go for the white trash bags where they can see what's inside. Mindy was happily chattering away at the seagulls. She loves sitting in the window and watching the birds. Last night Mindy and Shelley snuggled on top of the bed with me, real close to my body to keep warm. Early in the morning the leave and do their cat thing which is probably chasing each other.

--------------------

+Quote Post
DannysMom
post Mar 15 2014, 11:43 AM
Post #207

Miss Mindy is feeling VERY frisky today! She chased after the pink soccer sponge ball and had it all to herself since Shelley was resting on the couch. Mindy did so well, racing after that ball. Then, she chased Shelley around and all of a sudden I heard a distressing "eeeeeehhhaaaa" which sounded like "NO, not my tummy!" I saw Mindy and Shelley wrestling. Shelley fled into the living room and Mindy right after her and she confronted her on top of the couch.

But Mindy can also be very sweet. This morning I snuggled my face into her soft tummy fur. smile.gif As always, Mindy is very talkative on a Saturday, so happy to have me home.

--------------------

+Quote Post
DannysMom
post Mar 22 2014, 01:28 PM
Post #208

Mindy chased Shelley around last night, and this morning she was after her again. She has been very playful these past few days, always wanting me to play with her after dinner. I am glad she is doing so well. The fur on her tummy is growing back and so far the pustules have not reappeared on her face. A few nights ago I woke up in the middle of the night and felt a kitty settling in next to me. It was Mindy. She laid close to my upper body and snuggled her head next to my arm. How sweet! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
xxForeverxx
post Mar 25 2014, 07:21 AM
Post #209

Hi DannysMom

It is so good to hear of a your Mindy doing really well right now. Sounds like the two are a right pair when they play together. Did Mindy play out on the balcony in the snow?

xxForeverxx

+Quote Post
DannysMom
post Mar 26 2014, 08:04 PM
Post #210

xxForeverxx, thank you for your well wishes for Mindy. She and Shelley are having much fun together. I like watching them interact and groom each other and play together. Mindy did not venture out in the snow on the balcony. She was picked up as a stray with her brother, so she probably had her fill of the cold. She loves being out on the balcony when the weather is nice. Then she tends to stay out longer than Shelley.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Snapdragon
post Mar 27 2014, 01:25 AM
Post #211

Member No.: 8,271

Dannys Mom,

I just read through this string of posts...much of it put a smile on my face. What beautiful, beautiful girls you have there!! And Mindy has just the most gorgeous eyes--quite amber in color, very stunning! And Shelley has such a beautiful coat!! What a joy they are for you, I can tell how much you enjoy and love them both!

I'm just over two weeks losing Molly Rose; this last week I've had moments when I think maaaybe, for just a few minutes, that I'll be ok, I'll survive this. But then, a couple hours later, wham, the grief hits me head on and just knocks me over--waves of pain, it's agonizing. You understand that, I know. I will look forward, one day, to seeing the color in the world again, like you do. This site has been such a blessing.

So thanks for sharing the pictures and joy in your life, they made me feel good. I'm glad for you. **hugs**

+Quote Post
DannysMom
post Mar 29 2014, 11:45 AM
Post #212

Snapdragon, thanks for stopping by and reading about my "girls". Mindy and Shelley are both gentle and loving cats and I'm really blessed to have them in my life. I am so sorry you lost your sweet Molly-Rose. Two weeks is still very fresh and raw. I remember I was a total mess two weeks after losing my Danny and inconsolable two weeks after I lost my Tina. And you are right, the pain is agonizing, it is gut-wrenching. There is nothing like it, it is just plain awful and wears us out. You are welcome to stop by here anytime and read about my "girls". I am so glad that reading about them made you feel good.

Hugs to you,
DannysMom

--------------------

+Quote Post
DannysMom
post Apr 2 2014, 08:50 PM
Post #213

Mindy is up to her old tricks again! smile.gif Just watched and laughed when I saw Mindy climb on Shelley's back and hold her in a head lock. She started biting Shelley's neck and grooming her head. Poor Shelley let out a low growl at such lack of respect for her dignity. And another low growl...yet Mindy persisted. Then an anxious protest...Mindy relaxed her grip, jumped off and sat next to Shelley, looking at her as if to say "There now, wasn't that fun?" Miss Mindy sure is a frisky one!

--------------------

+Quote Post
DannysMom
post Apr 5 2014, 08:47 AM
Post #214

To my surprise Mindy had jumped into the bathtub last night when I wasn't watching as I brushed my teeth to get ready for bed. I planted her on the bed and she stayed there and snuggled with me through the night. When I woke up and turned she laid down right next to my arm, snuggled her head into my hand and placed a loving paw on my arm. So very precious! smile.gif Mindy is very talkative this morning, sitting on the ledge and giving off enthusiastic meows. I think she's happy it's Saturday and that she's got me home with her.

--------------------

+Quote Post
DannysMom
post Apr 19 2014, 12:40 PM
Post #215

Mindy is absolutely CRAZY over this new cat toy I got for her, the Ethical Skinneeez Forest Friends Wand Cat Toy. It's a little soft toy squirrel on a bouncy string attached to a wand. Mindy loves it! I wore her out last night. She kept meowing excitedly while playing with the toy, and she kept inviting me over and over again to play with her. She just could not get enough of it. I have to put it away at night since she tends to chew on things and she tried to take it apart last night while I wasn't watching.

Shelley was trying to get in on the game this morning, but Mindy gave her a quick swat on the head. Shelley smacked her right back, as if to say "Hey, I wants to play too!" I told them that the toy belongs to both of them and they can both play with it, so they calmed down. I have never seen Mindy so excited about a toy before. She doesn't like the noisemaker toys with rattles or ones that are too heavy. This thing is just perfect for her. I'm glad when I can make her happy! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
DannysMom
post May 10 2014, 12:32 PM
Post #216

Mindy got a real treat on Wednesday morning. Two male cardinals went at it on the roof outside the window. They flew up and attacked each other, and Mindy was sooooo thrilled. She is an avid birdwatcher, my little tuxie. She likes to snuggle with me when she sits on her perch by the window. Mindy lays down and moves her tummy toward my face so that I can snuggle my face right into her fur. So sweet! wub.gif

She is a wonderful little cat, and I keep telling her that. Can't believe she'll be 3 already in July. Time flies by.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tom's Dad
post May 10 2014, 03:26 PM
Post #217

Hi DannysMom.

Thanks for sharing. That sounds like a magical moment in time. Miss Theresa is also a rather avid watcher of the wildlife here. For a while she and this one squirrel had a taunting thing going on happy.gif I hope you, Miss Mindy and Shelley are all doing well.

TTT

--------------------
Her hardest hue to hold.
But only so an hour.
So Eden sank to grief,
Nothing gold can stay.

+Quote Post
DannysMom
post May 11 2014, 01:08 PM
Post #218

Sounds like Theresa and Mindy would get along! smile.gif Mindy is the hunter in the family. Shelley doesn't really care too much about the birds. My Tina scared a poor squirrel half to death once. The poor unsuspecting creature came up to a window and tapped its little paws on the window to say hello. Tina watched for a bit and then banged one of her paws on the window. Bam! The poor squirrel fell over backwards from fright, but it recovered and scurried away.

--------------------

+Quote Post
xxForeverxx
post Jun 2 2014, 06:26 AM
Post #219

Hi DannysMom

Sounds like Mindy is getting along brilliantly lately! Right little character! How sweet she laid with you all night. Has that ever happened before? Just shows how each and every day she gets more and more settled and sounds like her and Shelley are inseparable now and acting like sisters!

xxForeverxx

+Quote Post
DannysMom
post Jun 14 2014, 03:45 PM
Post #220

Hello xxForeverxx, yes Mindy has laid with me before. She likes to place her head right against my arm or hand. Mindy is very loving, and she let me snuggle my face into her fur. Today she wanted lots of attention as usual on a Saturday. She just enjoys having me home, as does Shelley. A couple of weeks ago Shelley and Mindy both laid down together on their perch by the window and they laid back to back and snoozed. That was so sweet! smile.gif Mindy is approaching her 3rd birthday which is July 20. I'm not sure if it really is that day since I don't know her exact birthday, but it seemed like a good guess to me since she was said to be 5 months old when I first met her in December 2011.

--------------------

+Quote Post

12 Pages V  « < 9 10 11 12 >
Closed TopicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:09 AM