Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Ellie, New little girl joins the family
moon_beam
post Dec 13 2012, 11:56 AM
Post #21

Forum Moderator

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 4,861

Hi, Forever, thank you so much for sharing with us that your precious Fudge is continuing to do well since his medical scare.

I am so laughing at the picture of your precious Ellie - - I totally agree with you that she does not look too thirlled about the hat! She definitely has that expression on her face: "this is sooooooo undignified". Still I know this is a picture you and your fiance will treasure forever.

I hope today is treating you and your precious companions kindly, Forever. Please know you and your precoius Fudge, Ellie, and Pixie are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how each of you are doing.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------
In heaven's perfect garden there is no grief or pain, and all of God's creation join the angels' sweet refrain.

The most blessed way I have of knowing God's comforting love and grace is to look into the eyes and heart of God's creatures' sweet angelic face.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
DannysMom
post Dec 13 2012, 06:48 PM
Post #22

Group: Pet Lovers
Member No.: 7,464

Oh, this is soooo precious! smile.gif What a cute hat! I'm glad you got that photo of Ellie, but as moon_beam has said she does NOT look happy at all! It is a great picture though, and I know you will cherish that for years to come.

I saw some red bow ties with little jingle bells and thought of getting one for Mindy, but I know she would probably fuss with it and not let me get a picture. Still, it would look so good on her since she already wears a "tuxedo" and the bow tie would just be perfect.

They also have the deer antlers here for to put on the head, but I think these are even more undignified! lol! smile.gif

--------------------
Danny: March 4, 2001 - December 28, 2011
Tina: October 27, 1997 - April 28, 2012

To live in hearts we leave behind is not to die.

+Quote Post
xxForeverxx
post Dec 30 2012, 01:06 PM
Post #23

Member No.: 7,430

Hi moon_beam and DannysMom

I hope you both had a lovely christmas although I am sure it was very hard like it was for me as we always remember it is one without our beloved cats that we have lost.

I was going to buy them a hat each but then decided i would probably be wasting my money as they will all hate them and also I didn't want to be that cruel and make them wear them......which I had no hope of doing anyways as the second I put one on it was off! So I only brought the one. I let Ellie take it off straight after I just wanted to get one photo rolleyes.gif naughty mummy!!

I brought them some festive ribbon for christmas day......they use to wear collars so I thought why not......but that did not last long either!!

xxForeverxx

+Quote Post
DannysMom
post Dec 30 2012, 02:30 PM
Post #24

Hello xxForeverxx, it was probably a wise decision that you only got the one hat! smile.gif It sure id adorable, though and it looks so nice and big! The Santa hats for cats over here are rather tiny, at least the ones I've found. Did you give Ellie and the tuxes some presents or treats for Christmas? This was your first Christmas with them as well as my first Christmas with Mindy and Shelley. I'm so looking forward to leaving 2012 behind and hoping that 2013 will be much better.

I hope that Ellie and Pixie and Fudge will be with you for many more happy years to come!

--------------------

+Quote Post
xxForeverxx
post Jan 2 2013, 07:22 AM
Post #25

Hi DannysMom

Yeah we got them some new balls that have bells in......big mistake because if they decide that they want to play at 4 o clock in the morning that is all you can hear lol bless them! We also got them a new blanket and a catnip toy. We filled them with catnip treats when we wrapped them up so they would want to open them.....we did hide them in the nursery until Christmas day though. I had also brought them another bed......but they found that and had already started laying in it before I could get round to wrapping it for them for Christmas rolleyes.gif

What did you get Mindy and Shelley?

Yes it was our first Christmas together. It was lovely and I am so glad we welcomed Ellie into our house.......just wish Chewy could have been here too. Then everything would have been perfect. So much has happened in 2012 that I should be so happy about but I cannot because of losing my baby so hopefully this year I can start to feel like I can be happy. Just like you....a new year and new things to come for us both I hope......remember our lost loved ones along the way.

xxForeverxx

+Quote Post
DannysMom
post Jan 2 2013, 05:56 PM
Post #26

xxForeverxx, that is so funny about the "jingle balls"! Shelley loves them. She likes the soft sponge balls as well as the ones with a bell inside. It sounds like your fur kids had a happy Christmas and got spoiled! smile.gif I bet they love the new blanket and the cat bed. I've always enjoyed so much buying new things for Tina and Danny. It brought me so much joy to see them happy and comfortable. And I plan on doing the same for Mindy and Shelley.

I got Shelley a catnip mouse and Mindy a ping-pong ball with a feather in it for Christmas. I didn't get them any treats, but I think I will do that next year and wrap them up in paper and let the two open their "presents".

Ellie sure is a beautiful cat, and I am glad that you adopted her. And I think it worked out well how she became friends with Pixie and Fudge along the way. I hope that 2013 will be a good year for you that will bring you much happiness!

--------------------

+Quote Post
xxForeverxx
post Jan 24 2013, 11:56 AM
Post #27

Hi DannysMom

Have they played with their ping pong ball and catnip mouse yet? Mine go through stages they will sleep loads and then suddenly I will hear the jingle of the ball and then a couple of minutes later they are asleep again.....the lazy so and so's! lol

I took Ellie to the vets last week as it was jab time. It was my first trip to the vets with her. Expecting her to meow in the carrier at least (as Pixie is a silent cat except on the way to the vets!) and not a sound came out her mouth. We sat waiting in the vets for twenty minutes as the vet was late.....not a sound from her. Then I took her in and she hugged me and the vet and then just flopped on her side and laid down ready for the injection. She even had a thermometer stuck up her bum which would make any of us probably make a noise and she still just laid their silently! Absolutely amazing. The vet could not believe it!

Ellie does not like me at lunch or dinner though as she is on a diet as she needs to lose a tiny bit of weight so I was told to just give her half a pouch at lunch and half a pouch at dinner......well this does not impress her much!

We had snow at the weekend. And I took her out on her leash (I do not really like leashes but after what happened to Chewy I want to keep her indoors safe so it just gives her a bit of fresh air in the garden) in the garden and she rolled around and I got this photo which I absolutely love!

xxForeverxx
Attached image(s)
Attached Image

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post Jan 24 2013, 12:35 PM
Post #28

Forum Moderator

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 4,861

Hi, Forever, thank you so much for sharing with us how you and your precious companions are doing. I'm so very glad Ellie's trip to the vet went so well - - for the both of you. She's probably heard all about the vet trips from her housemates - - they do talk to one another, too.

I am so smiling at the snow picture of her - - sounds like she enjoyed herself. You are very wise to keep her on a leash / tether when she is outside, Forever. I know people thought I was crazy and cruel for tethering my furkids when they were outside getting fresh air in their lungs and sunshine on their faces but I have no regrets. This is what I needed to do for their safety, and I applaud you for doing the same thing.

Thank you so much for sharing with us how your precious Ellie's trip to her doctor went. I hope today is treating you and your precious companions kindly, Forever. Please know you and your precoius Fudge, Ellie, and Pixie are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how each of you are doing.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------
In heaven's perfect garden there is no grief or pain, and all of God's creation join the angels' sweet refrain.

The most blessed way I have of knowing God's comforting love and grace is to look into the eyes and heart of God's creatures' sweet angelic face.

+Quote Post
DannysMom
post Jan 26 2013, 12:57 PM
Post #29

xxForeverxx, just like human kids with their Christmas toys so are my girls with theirs. First it was a big deal, and now they are cast aside. Mindy's favorite toy right now is a rattle mouse on a nylon string attached to a wooden wand. She wants to play with it all the time!

This is such a lovely picture of your Ellie! Thanks for sharing that with us. She has such a pretty face and she does look very similar to Chewy. I hope Ellie brings you much joy! It looks like she had a wonderful time in the snow. Most cats do not like the feel of snow on their paw pads, so I'm surprised that Ellie rolled around in it, but it seems she was happy to get some fresh air. It is wise of you to walk her on a leash, that way she is safe, and she she seems as if she is getting used to it. Some cats really like going for a walk that way. Jon730 who used to be on here would always take his Tux cat for a walk on the leash and they both enjoyed it.

How wonderful that Ellie was so good at the vets! She seems like such a gentle cat, well behaved. I'm sure that Chewy is smiling down on you with approval! smile.gif

We got snow yesterday, during rush hour, and I should have left work earlier. It took me 2 hours to get home and I've only got 10 miles to go. Most of the time I was stopped or inching along at 10 mph. I didn't dare go faster as I saw some cars sliding, and so I happily ignored all the impatient people passing me and probably flipping the finger at me. It turns out we had over 900 accidents in the state of Virginia last night, so I know I made the right choice. People here just don't know how to drive in snow, that's the problem. It was only an inch or so, but it sure caused havoc on the roads.

--------------------

+Quote Post
DannysMom
post Feb 16 2013, 02:26 PM
Post #30

Hello xxForeverxx, I was just thinking of you and wondering if you had your baby yet and how your fur tribe is doing. I know you'll be so happy when you'll hold your little bundle of joy in your arms. Do you have a name yet for your baby?

I hope the weather is a bit better for you. Have you taken Ellie out on a leash again? With a bit of training cats can do quite nicely walking on a leash, but then again it depends on the cat. My Tina hated being on a leash and protested loudly and pitifully when I tried it a few times. I do let Mindy and Shelley go out on the balcony sometimes. Shelley seems more sensitive to the cold, but not so much Mindy.

I hope everything is well in your household.

DannysMom

--------------------

+Quote Post
xxForeverxx
post Feb 20 2013, 04:31 PM
Post #31

Hi moon_beam and DannysMom

Thank you both for your replies. moon_beam It makes me feel a bit better to hear of people not having a go at me for not letting them out on their own. After losing Chewy to a dog and the road we live down though it is much safer for them indoors and they are perfectly happy indoors.

I am planning on getting them an outdoor enclosure as out garden is big enough so in the summer they can sit in the garden with us rolleyes.gif

DannysMom I am so glad you took it easy in the snow. Too many accidents like the 900 you said are caused by drivers going too fast when they do not need to and Mindy and Shelley needed you back in one piece!!

I am due on Monday......I think he is being stubborn though as no sign at all he wants to come yet! rolleyes.gif We are all ready though.......well saying we is not quite right. Two of my friends came round with their little ones today (one of them in 8 weeks old) and usually we go to my friends house to meet but they came here. I thought this is good they can have a test run with a baby being in the house. Everything was fine and then....like babies do my friends little girl started to cry because she was hungry so after 10 mins she took her home. I fed the cats......they seemed fine.....and then Fudge sat at the top of the stairs afterwards all fluffy from where he was really scared and he was not budging......so I picked him up stroked him and then brought him downstairs to show him everything was fine.....and then he did a little wee through fear......then ran under the dining room table and it took me ages to settle him down. It was so strange. I felt awful for Fudge as the last thing I want to do is upset my cats.

Hopefully I can help Fudge see that a baby is OK and he will come round.

Name wise he is going to be called Keelan James McGrane (that is my other halves brothers name as the middle name and of course my other halves last name).

I haven't taken Ellie out on her leash again yet but then she has not really asked to. They are all asleep in their beds as I speak being so good! I love them wub.gif

xxForeverxx

Attached image(s)
Attached Image

+Quote Post
DannysMom
post Feb 23 2013, 02:23 PM
Post #32

Hello xxForeverxx! It's so wonderful to hear from you. I love the picture of the tuxes and Ellie by the radiator. It looks like Ellie got the best spot! smile.gif Fudge and Pixie look so happy, snuggling together. I'm so sorry to hear that Fudge got scared by the visitors and your friend's baby. This will be a new experience for them, but with time and patience and love it will be okay. I've read that it's best to not leave a new baby alone with the cats, but there are some things you can do to get your kitties used to little Keelan. That is a lovely name, by the way! You could put up a gate or screen by the nursery, so that the kitties can look at the baby from a safe distance. I'm sure the first few days will be a bit stressful for the cats, but it will work out. That is a great idea to get an enclosure for outside so that your cats can sit with you in the garden in the summertime. Don't let those people get to you who say that you should let the cats go out on their own. Obviously they have not experienced the heartbreak of losing a beloved animal companion. So many bad things can happen to them outside. They can get caught in a trap, get shot at by cat haters, get attacked by wild animals, etc. You are doing to prudent and safe thing by keeping them inside and that is something you can feel good about! smile.gif I would never let Mindy and Shelley go out by themselves. I'd be too scared that something could happen to them.

We got a bit of snow last week, but it didn't even stick. It being the end of February I'd be surprised if we do get any more snow. Winter is coming to an end. It's cloudy and rainy here today, the perfect day for curling up on the couch with a good book and sipping some hot coffee or tea. I know you'll be so glad when little Keelan finally arrives. I'll be thinking of you Monday.

I've heard that Feliway can be used to calm down cats. I don't know if you can get that in the UK. They say it contains pheromones to calm cats down, but that is really misleading as it is just basically some lavender oil. I had used it once with Tina and Danny and I didn't notice a difference.

--------------------

+Quote Post
xxForeverxx
post Mar 22 2013, 08:18 AM
Post #33

Hi DannysMom

Thank you for your reply rolleyes.gif

Well February 24th I gave birth to baby Keelan...day before my due date. Lets say I have not had much time to get on the laptop but things are starting to calm down now so I hope to have more time to. The cats have been amazing. I would never leave them alone with him through fear of one of them laying on him and suffocating him accidentally but we let them sit with us when we are all together. Fudge actually has been great and has even sat with me and Keelan a couple of times lately.

Ellie has now got another nickname though.......'dummy thief' as she has now nicked 6 of Keelans dummys! You turn your head for a second and she has nicked it off the side or off his blanket. She never goes near it when Keelan is about but the second we are in a different room she grabs it in her mouth. She is just too quick! I had been throwing them in the bin but she nicked one yesterday and I decided If I let her play with that one maybe she will not nick anymore. We have lost another one since last night though and although I cannot find it I am sure she has now got two to play with! It is costing me a fortune in dummies laugh.gif

xxForeverxx

+Quote Post
DannysMom
post Mar 24 2013, 10:24 AM
Post #34

xxForeverxx, congratulations on the birth of little Keelan! smile.gif I know you must be so happy to finally hold your little bundle of joy! I'm glad that the cats have been so good with the baby, especially little Fudge. He'll probably be Keelan's best friend as he grows up! smile.gif I had to laugh when I read about Ellie stealing Keelan's dummies. That is so funny! She probably thinks they're cat toys. I have to admit I didn't know what a "dummy" was at first, so I had to look it up on UK's Amazon site. I think we call them pacifiers here in the States. I'm sure all the cats must be very curious about little Keelan and vice versa. I remember Tina always loved small children and allowed them to pet her. They always seemed to get excited and would point and say "kitty-cat!"

You never know...Keelan's first word may just be "kitty-cat" laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
xxForeverxx
post May 4 2013, 01:11 PM
Post #35

Hi Dannysmom

Thank you for your reply. Made me laugh when you mentioned you had to search dummies to see what they were. I forgot some things here are called something different in America.

Ellie is being so great with Keelan. She loves coming on the sofa with us as snuggling up on my lap next to him. She is an amazing cat. I still wander after having to be taken in to a cat shelter after being chucked out of her house and found as a pregnant stray how she can show so much love for us humans.

xxForeverxx

+Quote Post
DannysMom
post May 5 2013, 02:45 PM
Post #36

xxForeverxx, I think animals have very forgiving spirits. They are such pure, innocent, and gentle souls. And with Ellie, I think it's her mothering instincts. She knows what it's like to care for a baby and to raise them, so that's why she enjoys sitting with you and little Keelan. That must be so comforting for him too. I think almost that Ellie wants to be a second mom for little Keelan and that she is watching over him. Mom cats are so special. They know what it's like to care for little ones, to make sacrifices, and to teach them things. I can see that in my Shelley when she is always so willing to share a bed or blanket with Mindy.

I hope that you and your fiance and little Keelan have a wonderful Mother's Day next Sunday. This will be your first one! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
xxForeverxx
post May 28 2013, 03:21 AM
Post #37

Hi DannysMom

Our mothers day was March 10th this year. It is different to America. I still manage to get my first one though as he was 2 weeks old.......although I was so knackered I did not really think much about it!

Did you enjoy your mothers day with your babies?

Have I told you yet that Ellie has mastered what your Danny could do......and can get in the food cupboard. Sometime I even find Fudge in there and I know he can't get in even though he was the first to start trying so Ellie must let him in!

xxForeverxx

+Quote Post
DannysMom
post Jun 1 2013, 12:11 PM
Post #38

Hello xxForeverxx, now I feel a bit stupid! : laugh.gif I know Mother's Day falls on the same day in Germany as it does in the US so I thought it might be the same in the UK as well. That's what I get for thinking! smile.gif ....I had a nice Mother's Day with my girls. They are always so happy to have me home on the weekends. I found myself smiling reading about Ellie getting into the food cupboard. What a smart little cat! And how nice of her to share with Fudge smile.gif It sounds like Ellie is getting along really well with the "kittens" as you used to call them. I thought of you when I went to my vet's open house not too long ago. A couple brought their flemish giant rabbit in a little wagon. I have never seen a rabbit THIS big! He was at least twice as big as my Shelley. Some girls took pictures of him. He was rather calm and sweet and didn't mind being petted. His paws were SO huge!

I hope you're having some nice weather in England. Here, it already feels like summer with temps in the upper 80s, and today marks the start of hurricane season.

--------------------

+Quote Post
xxForeverxx
post Jul 15 2013, 05:33 AM
Post #39

Hi DannysMom

Haha its ok it is confusing......its the first time this year I have heard people saying happy mothers day from America on social networking sites and I thought I didn't know it was a different day to ours laugh.gif

I got brought a safety kit for when Keelan starts crawling the other day. It includes those things you put on the cupboards that stop kids getting in them.......going to have to put one of the cat food cupboard soon as the piggys are going in and knocking he box of crunchies over to eat!!

I have always wanted a giant rabbit and will have one one day. My rabbit Chase was, of course as he was a baby, very small when we first got him and I asked the vet how big he would grow and he said "I think this will be it" and I can remember thinking "oh gosh my other rabbit Honey (who used to chase Chewy) will eat him alive! But now he is bigger than her! Although she still controls everything about their relationship rolleyes.gif

The last couple of weeks has been lovely here. We have a heatwave going on so it is like 27 degrees at the moment. We have to make the most of it as I am sure you must have heard English weather is very unpredictable and it could turn miserable again any second blink.gif

Oh no I hope you haven't had any hurricanes yet?

xxForeverxx

+Quote Post
DannysMom
post Jul 20 2013, 11:22 AM
Post #40

Hello xxForeverxx, I hope all is well in your household. Wow, that will be fun when little Keelan starts crawling and exploring his world. That safety kit will be very helpful, but I'm sure Ellie is going to be disappointed when she can no longer get into the cupboard. I saw a cute video the other day where a Tuxedo cat was licking a baby's toes clean after the baby had a bath. The little one was just giggling with delight, and I thought I'd share this with you: http://lovemeow.com/2013/07/cat-licking-baby-toes/

We are also having a heat wave here, but I'm glad we have air conditioning. It's more like 33 degrees (Celsius) over here. We haven't had any hurricanes yet. That is so funny about Chase having grown up to be bigger than Honey! smile.gif Reminds me of Tina and Danny. She used to "beat" him up when he was a kitten and I always told her to watch out when he gets bigger. But he was always so gentle and loving.

Have you been out in the garden with little Keelan? And how are the cats getting along with him? Shelley grew up with a 3 year old boy and I found she likes to watch cartoons, so she must have watched a lot of TV together with him.

--------------------

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:28 AM