Forum Rules Site Rules and Courtesies

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Effect Of Human Emotions On Animals
Furkidlets' Mom
post Apr 14 2008, 06:12 PM
Post #1

Group: Pet Lovers
Member No.: 961

Here's an interesting piece on what animals try to teach us about our own emotional states. I know this topic can be guilt-inducing (always was for me), but it's still well worth knowing about, both before an illness might occur, or during one. And if you can't always purge yourself of 'toxic' emotions, or at least not in record time, it's always worthwhile having a little chat with your beloveds, to tell them you're AWARE of the specific emotions you're carrying (identify and name them) and will deal with them on your own, over time if need be, but especially adding that they need not take YOUR emotions on in any way, shape or form, in order to teach you. Even if you're not a believer in whether they truly understand you, it's worth doing as a precaution. It's free, relatively easy and also helps US to become more self-aware, so nothing to lose! (animal communicators often advise this method, too)
The Effect of Human Emotions on our Animal Friends

--------------------
"I dropped a tear in the ocean. The day you find it is the day I will stop missing you."

[center]~Anonymous~

<div align="center">"Not flesh of my flesh, Nor bone of my bone,
But still miraculously my own.
Never forget for a single minute,
You didn't grow under my heart - but in it"[/center]

~Fleur Conkling Heylinger~

>^..^< >^..^< >^..^< >^..^< >^..^<

"For one species to mourn the death of another is a noble thing"

~Aldo Leopold~

<span style='font-size:9pt;line-height:100%'>Life is life - whether in a cat, or dog or man. There is no difference there between a cat or a man. The idea of difference is a human conception for man's own advantage. ~Sri Aurobindo

Spay now or pay later, the interest is killing us.

</span></div>
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Muffins
post Apr 16 2008, 10:28 AM
Post #2

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 245

Hi Furkidlet's Mom:

Great article, my friend. Thank you for sharing wub.gif .

Much love to you and yours,

Denise

--------------------
Our Beloved Girl, Ernestine (AKA) "Ernie-Bird"
April, 1984 - February 7, 2004
***AFFA***
Forever, you will ALWAYS live on in our hearts!
DEPARTED FROM EARTH, NEVER FORGOTTEN.... Love, Mom & Dad xoxoxoxoxo

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"He who is cruel to animals becomes hard also in his dealings with men. We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." Immanuel Kant

"Think occasionally of the suffering of which you spare yourself the sight" Albert Schweitzer

+Quote Post
nyzki
post Apr 25 2008, 02:44 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 2,799

This was a wonderful and very informative article. And, I can honeslty say that I do believe that animals reflect back to us how they are influenced by our emotions. And, that they have alot to tell us about our ownselves.

Boo,nyzki,Poppy :rolleyes biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Furkidlets' Mom
post May 1 2008, 11:06 AM
Post #4

I'm glad that at least 2 of you see the wisdom in this article.

Case in point: I've been trying to help a casual friend with some situations she's been facing involving her 4 cats, one of whom has been spraying indoors for weeks now. She's been vet-hopping, trying to find help for this cat, who is a fearful cat overall....and spraying, according to an. communicators and an. behaviorists, is most often linked to the cat's fears OR to mirroring something, often also a fear, in their person. I've given her custom blends of flower essences for each cat, advice and info. to consider, free sessions of the healing modality I practice, my best vet's name and most recently, attempted my own communication with this cat plus one with another cat this one seems to be having a big problem with....then relayed the info. to her. I even suggested she utilize a professional communicator to verify, or not, what I got. But guess what? The info. I got from both cats included some mirroring issues of things they each see in her that they're trying to help her become aware of. These are also issues that are making their lives with her more challenging. I'm not even sure what all of them are about, but a couple of them I've even noticed myself, just in watching her interact with her cats.

In typical human fashion, I don't think she wants to look at her part in this equation, and she's been 'threatening' to remove the cat who's spraying and make him go live on her parents' farm instead. Well, talk about creating an environment for INCREASING the fears he already has, and therefore increasing his spraying! In my opinion, this cat wouldn't do well on a farm (seems also to be her 'answer' to EVERY ongoing problem with each of her cats, actually - abandon them when the going gets rough!), but also typically for most humans, the carpets and money spent on health issues (still a drop in the bucket to what I and others had spent) are more important than exhausting all the options that might help resolve the issue for good. And certainly looking at herself seems to be last on the list. I've not heard a word back from her since I shared what her cats 'spoke' of to me, though I coached it all in gentle terms to her. It's usually only the most dedicated, loving and committed people who will even consider this whole idea, as it strikes fear in the egos of people, who honestly believe they are "better and superior" to animals and therefore couldn't possibly be contributors to any problem, ie. it's the animal's fault/problem, not ever MINE!

After this, it's very easy for me to see how the way she behaves around her cats makes for fear-inducing and other problematic reactions. I wouldn't want to be one of her cats. They get insulted, threatened, compared against each other out loud and other unloving things, so add to that how her aggressive and other tendencies are mirrored back to her, in loving service to her, by each one of her cats (who each seem to be trying to teach her different things about herself) and you have a very sad scenario. I worry for the emotional and physical security of them ALL and don't even want to imagine how this might all turn out for those poor cats.

It should have been pretty obvious a lesson to her by now anyway, since this one particular cat, who apparently ALWAYS, UNFAILINGLY runs and hides from strangers, walked right up to me, rubbed me repeatedly and hung around with us for an entire afternoon at her house. She was surprised at his response to me.......and yet the lesson escaped her entirely as she didn't seriously ponder its implications. I've been trying to tell people for years that it's all in YOUR attitude, expectations and inner feelings.....but practically no one listens, and most especially if it's connected to their animals.

Frankly, I don't even see what the big deal is in being open to this idea in the first place, when many of us already know that the same kind of thing goes on between HUMANS all the time, too. Many psychologists know it, many addiction counselors know it, certainly many in the alternative healing arts know it. So what's the difference? And what's the big resistance to it when it comes to other species? About the ONLY difference is that animals seem to be AWARE of the loving service they're doing on our behalf, whereas humans aren't, and don't approach it with the same, loving and conscious intent and understanding. We are a very ignorant and stupid race of beings, far too often, and the animals suffer for it. I wish people would start taking far more seriously all the multi-layered & multi-dimensional ways animals try to help us and quit being such species snobs with closed-off hearts. I also wish they'd stop 'whining' for help when they won't open their minds enough to RECEIVE it when it arrives! I keep trying to make a difference in the lives of animals, but most of the time, it's all for naught and I'm getting extremely exhausted by people's resistance to learning. How can I help animals if their PEOPLE won't cooperate?????

--------------------
"I dropped a tear in the ocean. The day you find it is the day I will stop missing you."

[center]~Anonymous~

~Aldo Leopold~

<span style='font-size:9pt;line-height:100%'>Life is life - whether in a cat, or dog or man. There is no difference there between a cat or a man. The idea of difference is a human conception for man's own advantage. ~Sri Aurobindo

</span></div>

+Quote Post
goliath
post May 1 2008, 12:08 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 4,239

Just because there were only 2 replies to his article doesn't necessarily mean there weren't others who read it and may have also seen the wisdom in it. Many times I just come here to read and don't feel compelled to write a response to an article. wink.gif

--------------------
Topics that include Goliath are:
Death of my Furry Baby Boy Chihuahua
Heartfelt Letter to my Goliath
Goliath and Gidget Pics
Happy Birthday Goliath
Goliath's Blessings
Bouncing Baby Browser (Goliath & Gidget's New Baby Brother)
Browser Is Missing!
Goliath Aloysius 1/25/1997 til 11/6/2007
My Gidgie Girl

+Quote Post
Furkidlets' Mom
post May 1 2008, 03:22 PM
Post #6

Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't mean it that way! I was referring to most people 'out there' who don't seem to want to understand what loving animals is all about, and would therefore deny anything further like what was spoken about in this article. Guess I should have made that much clearer! ohmy.gif

--------------------

[center]~Anonymous~

~Aldo Leopold~

</span></div>

+Quote Post
goliath
post May 1 2008, 03:41 PM
Post #7

Member No.: 4,239

No problem here. I was just letting you know that I'm sure many read this particular article and I read all of them. Sometimes I leave a response, but more often I don't. However I do keep the info in my head. You always bring great articles to read that often broadens my mind.

Thanks! smile.gif

--------------------
Topics that include Goliath are:
Death of my Furry Baby Boy Chihuahua
Heartfelt Letter to my Goliath
Goliath and Gidget Pics
Happy Birthday Goliath
Goliath's Blessings
Bouncing Baby Browser (Goliath & Gidget's New Baby Brother)
Browser Is Missing!
Goliath Aloysius 1/25/1997 til 11/6/2007
My Gidgie Girl

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:19 AM