Forum Rules Site Rules and Courtesies

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> A Prayer To Saint Francis, Please Bring Them Home Safely
nickels
post Oct 30 2007, 04:20 PM
Post #1

Group: Pet Lovers
Member No.: 2,024

It breaks my heart to know so many of your babies are away from home. I found the link below and truly believe that Saint Francis is watching over each and every one of your furbabies. I pray for the safe return of all these beautiful souls, to reunite with all their families.

I am a non-practicing Catholic. I have started corresponding with my Mother's priest since she has been hospitalized. I've been away from the Church for many years and the computer is a blessing that is bringing me back. You can always find a Church, and or clergy member that will offer a prayer for your lost babies. My prayer was answered today and I now have an "Army" on my side protecting my Mother from the massive neglect she endured over the past 2 months in a nursing home. Prayer is amazing for those who believe.

Here is a link for all of you. Might want to save it as a screen saver. It can also be personalized.

http://www.catholicgreetings.org/Create.asp?card=587

--------------------
Nickels a.k.a Pickels
7-6-94 to 8-28-06
I have loved you forever!

Nickels story
http://lightning-strike.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=4242
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Sockers
post Oct 30 2007, 07:15 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 3,841

Hi Nickels,

Thanks for the link. I too, am Catholic, back after many years away. St Francis and I have had many conversations, particularly this past week. Prayer has been essential for me during this time in order to keep functioning and I am fortunate enough to have a good friend who also happens to be a priest/animal lover. Each person deals with a crisis in their own way, but for me, being able to share the burden, and trust that Socks is where she is supposed to be is comforting. One of my favorite verses that has become sort of my mantra the past few days comes from Proverbs 3:5. "Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding." Very appropriate, because right now I don't understand what Socks is thinking, nor God's plan for her or me.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Jacki

+Quote Post
Lucy1Josie2
post Oct 31 2007, 09:18 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 2,758

Welcome home, you two, from a fellow Catholic!

St. Francis is a wonderful patron saint for the animals, I'm sure he looks after all of our dearly departed furkids, as well as the ones that are still with us. Some parishes, in the month of October, have a Blessing of the Animals, inspired by this wonderful saint. If you haven't done so, you might want to look for one next year, they're really nice, and great fun for the pets to "meet 'n greet". My little Josie (silky terrier) had a ball last year at the one I took her to. And the deacon or priest just has everyone gather around with their pets, and he reads a prayer about how all animals share in the New Covenant inst*ituted by Christ, and then there's a sprinkling of holy water and pet-and-people treats afterwards. It was very nice. A nice way, too, to meet other animal lovers in your parish. biggrin.gif

-- Michelle K.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 02:56 PM