3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> To Everyone Here.....please Read.
Kim R.
post Aug 15 2006, 11:25 AM
Post #21

Group: Pet Lovers
Member No.: 892

All I can tell any of you here now or anyone reading this in the future is, no matter how bad it may seem, it's truly not the end of the world. Yes, it is the end of a way of life that you knew, a daily routine and existence that you were accustomed to. But life changes and we have to press on. Time is the key, at least that is what I found as each day passed. It grows softer and the impact lessens
This is what I have also found to be true. When Sasha died, I just knew my life was over. I never thought I could survive without her by my side. She was with me from the ages of 14-30.... I couldn't even remember what my life was like without her.... she was my life. I was so scared to think about what I would do without her. Obviously I did somehow survive, and with each passing day, life without her is, unfortunately, becoming my new 'normal'. It is my 'new' life...life after Sasha. It is obvious that that doesn't mean I have, or ever will, ever forget her...if that were the case I certainly wouldn't be coming here everyday. She will always be a part of me, a part of my daily thoughts, but my daily routine has forever changed without her presence and I am slowly getting used to that. Even after 2 years I am not fully there yet, but with each day I get closer and the acceptance that she is gone forever is becoming more painfully real....just typing that 'gone forever' once again has sparked tears for me. A sign that I know I am still having trouble coming to grips with it. Sometimes I feel like I haven't progressed at all, and I still have those days where I want her back so badly it physically hurts and I can't function at all for that day beyond watching her videos and trying to break my personal record of how many tissues I can use up in one day, but when I think about where I was in my grief 2 years ago, there is no doubt that things have definitely improved for me. Some will take longer to adjust than others (I am proof of that wink.gif ), but in the end, we will all learn to accept the temporary seperation from our furbabies and continue living in the best way we each know how until we are with them again...
your friend in grief,
Kim

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Rockadoodle
post Sep 29 2006, 11:03 AM
Post #22

Member No.: 1,398

Thank you so much for this post. I needed this today desperately.

I love and miss my Buddy and feel there is a hole in my heart that will never be filled without him in my life.

I've decided to adopt 2 older cats tomorrow that I found on-line. One, I admit, does look very much like Buddy, maybe I did want to replace my beloved pal. But I've read and re-read this thread, and searched my heart, and I feel as you do, that there are so many lost souls out there, I want to give my love and home to others who were left all alone in this world. So, we're going through with the adoptions and our existing pets,
Duncan, Elsie and Redman will have two new brothers tomorrow, and we'll have 2 new friends to love, in honor of our Buddy Boy, who will be forever loved and never forgotten.

Thank you smile.gif

+Quote Post
Precious' mom
post Sep 29 2006, 12:00 PM
Post #23

Member No.: 1,995

Good on you!! biggrin.gif You're honouring Buddy's memory and helping out two sweethearts who will be getting a very loving home and loving owner!
It will help ease your grief over your loved one. They will not be replacements, just additions to the family.
God bless you!!
Lisa smile.gif

+Quote Post
BuddyFerret
post Sep 30 2006, 04:13 AM
Post #24

Member No.: 1,118

QUOTE (Rockadoodle @ Sep 29 2006, 11:03 AM)
Thank you so much for this post. I needed this today desperately.

<cut>

Thank you smile.gif

You're welcome. I am very glad that it helped you in whatever way. That's what I intended and I am happy that you found comfort and some direction!

Best of luck to you and your pets!

Buddy's dad.

+Quote Post
ryancat
post Nov 2 2006, 05:38 PM
Post #25

Member No.: 2,187

Hello everyone.I have been coming to this site now for 3 weeks since the passing of my 16 year old kitty boy Sox.He had to be put to sleep because he had kidney failure and he also had uncontrolled diabetes.He was my best friend and I still miss him and think of him every single day.My husband and I have gotten so much comfort from this site.The folks here are so wonderful and caring.Today I started reading all of the posts under this thread and they made me cry all over again.The writings and the poems are so beautiful and well written.It's like they were written just for me.I just wanted to say thank you to everyone who has posted here and to the fellow to started it a most heartfelt thanks!I will pray for all of you tonight and I hope that you will find the comfort you are looking for here on this site.

--------------------
user posted image

+Quote Post
BuddyFerret
post Nov 3 2006, 04:23 AM
Post #26

Sorry to hear of your loss, Ryancat. Sox had a good life and a full life. 16 years. That's a lot.

In essence, Ryancat, the writings and postings here were written for you.......all of us sharing to help just one get through a hard time, whether it be ourselves or someone else.

That's what this site is all about.

Glad that you and your husband found solace and were able to use the site as it is intended. It is indeed a great place.

I was very glad that I found it when I did.

Pulled me through some really hard times.

And I have made some great friends (one in particular, she knows who she is) because of the site.

Hang in there!
Buddy's Dad.

+Quote Post
JimmyPat
post Jan 5 2007, 06:23 PM
Post #27

Member No.: 2,412

Thank you so much. It was helpful for me to read what you said. The waves of different emotions at different times are not unexpected (or resented) and I am allowing myself to grieve. I really miss my Golden Retriever Sam. Thanks & bye for now.

+Quote Post
BuddyFerret
post Jan 6 2007, 03:08 AM
Post #28

JimmyPat, hang in there. Life does go on. It get's better. Best of all to you in the new year.

+Quote Post
Amarna
post Jan 9 2007, 10:49 AM
Post #29

Member No.: 2,409

I have been coming here every day, (mostly not typing a word), since I found this site, a few weeks ago. Yesterday....it's been exactly a month since we said goodbye to our dear, beloved Caesar. I lost the best Christmas presant in the world, so near the date of another so-far-away Christmas, 16 years ago in another time. All other Christmas preasants for the rest of my life will pale beyond words, in comparison to my most beautiful Caesar-pup. Caesar, I love you soooo very much, and I always will. Thank you everyone, for making this such a special site. All the love and tears from us all... they hear us. How could they not.

--------------------
Amarna, Proud to be Caesar's Mommy Forever... Caesar-pup, my dear precious baby of 16 years, you will always live well in your daddy's and your mommy's hearts, Eternally ***
user posted image

+Quote Post
Murphy's Mom
post Jan 12 2007, 11:52 AM
Post #30

Member No.: 2,419

Thank you, 4 days after my Murphy passed away, I was home alone and looking for comfurt. Your words really helped me and I printed it out for my family to read too. Murphy was 18 and a great friend. He was with me during the teen age years and all those before and some after. I went through alot a few years ago and every time I was upset he was there to cuddle up with me and stop the tears. Now that he isn't here it is so hard to stop the tears. My family and I help eachother to cope with whats going on. What you said about the pain will eventually get less. . . it does. . .and I know that he knew I loved him and I couldn't have asked for a greater friend. I just wanted to thank you for helping me that day. I hope that you also have found comfurt in some ones words. my heart goes out to you and yours for your loss too.

+Quote Post
imissjoe
post Jun 6 2007, 06:52 PM
Post #31

Member No.: 3,096

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss, I feel your grief and pain. I've been crying for 103 hrs. now over the loss of my dog Joe.Have any idea when this pain will ease? I'm simply lost.
I miss Joe

+Quote Post
BuddyFerret
post Jun 7 2007, 01:16 AM
Post #32

I miss Joe......

The most exact and true answer to your question..........is: When the time is right.

You will grieve for however long your spirit and mind and body need it.

It could be days it could be hours, it could be going on for weeks.

Not to sound cliche', but don't feel like you are the only one going through this, not that it makes it better, but you're not alone, at least not on this board.

Take it one day at a time.

The more you dwell on it, indeed, the worse it will seem.

Try and keep yourself busy, do what you can to take your mind off the pain and as each day passes you'll see that you're healing.

Trust me....it will pass. Right now it's very dark where you are, but the light is still out there and Joe is in that light and he wants you to be happy.

You were never like this when Joe was around, right? So don't let his being gone make you like this now.

Don't deny it, but don't let it overwhelm you.

Joe is gone, indeed and oh GOD does it hurt......that hole that is there is just so huge and endless and deep......but there is nothing, absolutely nothing you nor I or anybody can do to change that fact.

You just have to hang in there, let time pass and let the hurt heal.

Easy for me to say, but if I came through it, I bet you can too.

Best of luck to you friend, and know that I am thinking of you at this time of sadness, and so are many others here.

~ Buddy's Dad.

PS. Go back over the things that are in my original, lengthy post. Re-read and think about some of the stuff that I said. The first time you read it you may have been too emotional to pull some of the healing points and helpful suggestions out of it.
Just run through it again when you're not too upset and maybe it will do you some other good.

+Quote Post
lisahurne
post Oct 21 2007, 10:37 PM
Post #33

Member No.: 3,733

Thank you for this post. I lost my baby girl pug, Niko after pregnancy complications. I have spent the last week dealing with the "what if's", "should haves", and "if only's". I have spent the last week beating myself up and feeling guilty for making choices that had to be made, yet turned out to be the wrong ones, even though the right ones could have cost me dearly.

You are right, I am slowly getting over the guilt and keeping busy helps. I have 3 puppies to care for, one looks just like her momma and will continue as part of the family. You mentioned that the pets would not want us to be sad and I think you are right. I have two older dogs that have been going through their own grief with her passing and I am trying to help them as well...they still search the house for her on a daily basis.

I am getting away from myself. Thank you again for this post, together with my friends, my vet, and memorial items I have received, this post makes it just a little easier.

rolleyes.gif

Lisa (Niko's Mom)

+Quote Post
kittymomma
post Nov 15 2007, 09:18 AM
Post #34

Member No.: 3,788

Thank you for your most incredibly wise words. Thank you! It means a lot to read your words.
HUGS! wub.gif
susan

--------------------
Orion, We love and miss you, booby! You are our Angelcat now!
10/20/07

+Quote Post
Bonny'sMom
post Jan 7 2008, 09:11 PM
Post #35

Member No.: 4,165

BuddyFerret,

Thank you for your post. I am in my second loss with this forum. I lost Chestnut in July 06 and Bonny on Christmas Eve 07. I am totally devastated. I can't stop crying. Everyday is difficult. I wake up thinking of her and I go to sleep thinking of her. She was my special girl and I told her that every single day. I would kiss the top of her head and she loved it. She would always sit right at my feet and tap me with her paw. Other times she would sit on the arm of the sofa right next to me and tap me with her paw. She loved going in cabinets and I would always hear the cabinets opening and closing in the kitchen. She was with me from the beginning of my marriage and then through my eventual divorce. She was with me through my pregnancy and the first six years of my son's life. She relocated with me four times. She traveled with me by car and by plane. She was a part of me and I feel like a part of me is missing. I've never felt this sad before. I just want her back and I know that's not possible. I will keep coming back to this site because even though it makes me cry every time I log in, I know that is in the tears where the healing happens. It's just so painful.

Bonny's Mom

+Quote Post
openhearted87
post Jul 10 2008, 01:19 AM
Post #36

Member No.: 4,836

thank you. your words touched my heart. i didnt think i still had so much bottled up but it came out. im sorry for your loss.i hope you are well.

with love corina and her angels

+Quote Post
openhearted87
post Jul 10 2008, 01:23 AM
Post #37

QUOTE (Bonny'sMom @ Jan 7 2008, 09:11 PM) *
BuddyFerret,

Thank you for your post. I am in my second loss with this forum. I lost Chestnut in July 06 and Bonny on Christmas Eve 07. I am totally devastated. I can't stop crying. Everyday is difficult. I wake up thinking of her and I go to sleep thinking of her. She was my special girl and I told her that every single day. I would kiss the top of her head and she loved it. She would always sit right at my feet and tap me with her paw. Other times she would sit on the arm of the sofa right next to me and tap me with her paw. She loved going in cabinets and I would always hear the cabinets opening and closing in the kitchen. She was with me from the beginning of my marriage and then through my eventual divorce. She was with me through my pregnancy and the first six years of my son's life. She relocated with me four times. She traveled with me by car and by plane. She was a part of me and I feel like a part of me is missing. I've never felt this sad before. I just want her back and I know that's not possible. I will keep coming back to this site because even though it makes me cry every time I log in, I know that is in the tears where the healing happens. It's just so painful.

Bonny's Mom

i feel what you are saying that we come back yet we cry every time. i never realized that those tears are healing tears. im sorry for your loss. sounds like you were both very lucky to have each other and the best of friends. i recently lost another kitty. it has been the hardest since he was only 1 year old and passed suddenly from f.i.p. i had so many plans and hopes for him. he brightened up my days. its hard. i wish you the best.

with luv corina and her angels

+Quote Post
openhearted87
post Jul 10 2008, 01:26 AM
Post #38

QUOTE (lisahurne @ Oct 21 2007, 10:37 PM) *
Thank you for this post. I lost my baby girl pug, Niko after pregnancy complications. I have spent the last week dealing with the "what if's", "should haves", and "if only's". I have spent the last week beating myself up and feeling guilty for making choices that had to be made, yet turned out to be the wrong ones, even though the right ones could have cost me dearly.

You are right, I am slowly getting over the guilt and keeping busy helps. I have 3 puppies to care for, one looks just like her momma and will continue as part of the family. You mentioned that the pets would not want us to be sad and I think you are right. I have two older dogs that have been going through their own grief with her passing and I am trying to help them as well...they still search the house for her on a daily basis.

I am getting away from myself. Thank you again for this post, together with my friends, my vet, and memorial items I have received, this post makes it just a little easier.

rolleyes.gif

Lisa (Niko's Mom)

i'm sorry you lost your pug. it is very nice that you still have a part of her living on. it's never easy when they pass unexpectedly. i feel your pain. i wish you the best.

with luv corina and her angels

+Quote Post
openhearted87
post Jul 10 2008, 01:41 AM
Post #39

QUOTE (Kim R. @ Aug 15 2006, 11:25 AM) *
This is what I have also found to be true. When Sasha died, I just knew my life was over. I never thought I could survive without her by my side. She was with me from the ages of 14-30.... I couldn't even remember what my life was like without her.... she was my life. I was so scared to think about what I would do without her. Obviously I did somehow survive, and with each passing day, life without her is, unfortunately, becoming my new 'normal'. It is my 'new' life...life after Sasha. It is obvious that that doesn't mean I have, or ever will, ever forget her...if that were the case I certainly wouldn't be coming here everyday. She will always be a part of me, a part of my daily thoughts, but my daily routine has forever changed without her presence and I am slowly getting used to that. Even after 2 years I am not fully there yet, but with each day I get closer and the acceptance that she is gone forever is becoming more painfully real....just typing that 'gone forever' once again has sparked tears for me. A sign that I know I am still having trouble coming to grips with it. Sometimes I feel like I haven't progressed at all, and I still have those days where I want her back so badly it physically hurts and I can't function at all for that day beyond watching her videos and trying to break my personal record of how many tissues I can use up in one day, but when I think about where I was in my grief 2 years ago, there is no doubt that things have definitely improved for me. Some will take longer to adjust than others (I am proof of that wink.gif ), but in the end, we will all learn to accept the temporary seperation from our furbabies and continue living in the best way we each know how until we are with them again...
your friend in grief,
Kim

i am sorry for your loss. i recently lost another special kitty. it has been the hardest since he was only 1 year old and passed suddenly from f.i.p. you give me hope. thank you. that first link in tribute to your angel is so beautiful. made me cry alot. did you write it? i wish you the best. i hope you are well.

with love corina and her angels

+Quote Post
openhearted87
post Jul 10 2008, 01:53 AM
Post #40

QUOTE (imissjoe @ Jun 6 2007, 06:52 PM) *
I'm so sorry to hear of your loss, I feel your grief and pain. I've been crying for 103 hrs. now over the loss of my dog Joe.Have any idea when this pain will ease? I'm simply lost.
I miss Joe

i have lost many and recently lost another. i am devastated because this last kitty was only 1 year old and so full of hope. i think that the pain eases from time to time but hits from time to time as well. i wish you strength through this hard time. im sorry for your loss.

with luv corina & her angels

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:54 AM