Forum Rules Site Rules and Courtesies

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> My Cat Is Dying, Please help...
Holly Fraser
post Mar 4 2015, 01:32 PM
Post #1

Group: Pet Lovers
Member No.: 8,566

Can someone please help... My 7 year old grey tortoiseshell Cleo has recently become very ill. She drastically lost weight and she then began to wee in the house. I took her to the vet and her blood was tested for feline diabetes And kidney failure. I am expecting the results any day now but I know for a fact she is ill... Call it owners intuition. I am so desperate to help her but I know she's slowly leaving me and I'm finding it difficult to accept the fact my baby is dying... She's so young. This cat means more to me than anything in the entire world and I've wept constantly for days on end. Can anyone offer any grieving techniques or ways to help... I don't think my mood can sink any lower. Thank you all and hope all your furry, scaley or feathery babies are healthy and happy... I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy. Holly ***
Attached image(s)
Attached Image

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post Mar 4 2015, 01:50 PM
Post #2

Forum Moderator

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 4,861

Hi, Holly, please permit me to offer you my sincerest condolences concerning your precious Cleo's health crisis. I know so very well from first hand experience with Anticipatory Grief how upset - - and terrified - - you are at the prospects of losing your precious Cleo.

Depending on the diagonsis and the accompanying prognosis, your veterinary care provider may be able to help stabilize your precious Cleo's health so that she can enjoy a good quality of life for awhile yet. It is excruciatingly painful to be waiting for test results all the while watching your beloved companion's health status decline.

Please know you and your precious Cleo are in my thoughts and prayers, Holly, please let us know how things go for your precious Cleo, and please know we are here for you.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------
In heaven's perfect garden there is no grief or pain, and all of God's creation join the angels' sweet refrain.

The most blessed way I have of knowing God's comforting love and grace is to look into the eyes and heart of God's creatures' sweet angelic face.

+Quote Post
LittleGirl's...
post Mar 4 2015, 02:07 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 274

Holly,

I am so sorry to hear of this scary situation!

Please keep us posted on test results. We will be here to support you.

Sending prayers for a possible miracle for Cleo, and for comfort in this very difficult time.

Kathy

--------------------
Compassion for all animals. www.earthlings.com

+Quote Post
Holly Fraser
post Mar 4 2015, 06:58 PM
Post #4

QUOTE (moon_beam @ Mar 4 2015, 06:50 PM) *
Hi, Holly, please permit me to offer you my sincerest condolences concerning your precious Cleo's health crisis. I know so very well from first hand experience with Anticipatory Grief how upset - - and terrified - - you are at the prospects of losing your precious Cleo.

Depending on the diagonsis and the accompanying prognosis, your veterinary care provider may be able to help stabilize your precious Cleo's health so that she can enjoy a good quality of life for awhile yet. It is excruciatingly painful to be waiting for test results all the while watching your beloved companion's health status decline.

Please know you and your precious Cleo are in my thoughts and prayers, Holly, please let us know how things go for your precious Cleo, and please know we are here for you.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

Thank you so much to hear those words means more than anyone could imagine... I hope and pray with all my heart she will be okay and your words have given me the strength to believe she may be mine for just a little more time. Holly

+Quote Post
Holly Fraser
post Mar 4 2015, 07:00 PM
Post #5

QUOTE (LittleGirl'sMommy @ Mar 4 2015, 07:07 PM) *
Holly,

I am so sorry to hear of this scary situation!

Please keep us posted on test results. We will be here to support you.

Sending prayers for a possible miracle for Cleo, and for comfort in this very difficult time.

Kathy

Thank you kathy, I am praying with you and will update as soon as I hear. Your words are comforting and I thank you for your reply. Holly

+Quote Post
Kennedy's momma
post Mar 26 2015, 10:21 AM
Post #6

Member No.: 8,578

QUOTE (Holly Fraser @ Mar 4 2015, 02:32 PM) *
Can someone please help... My 7 year old grey tortoiseshell Cleo has recently become very ill. She drastically lost weight and she then began to wee in the house. I took her to the vet and her blood was tested for feline diabetes And kidney failure. I am expecting the results any day now but I know for a fact she is ill... Call it owners intuition. I am so desperate to help her but I know she's slowly leaving me and I'm finding it difficult to accept the fact my baby is dying... She's so young. This cat means more to me than anything in the entire world and I've wept constantly for days on end. Can anyone offer any grieving techniques or ways to help... I don't think my mood can sink any lower. Thank you all and hope all your furry, scaley or feathery babies are healthy and happy... I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy. Holly ***

Hi Holly,

I'm so very sorry to read about Cleo. I just lost Kennedy, my little Yorkie, on March 3. Like you, I sensed that she was slipping away from me even before the vet said she was in renal failure. She'd already had congestive heart failure for two years. I only had her for five years as she spent the first part of her life in a puppy mill. I've had many pets over the years, but we had a special connection since she was with me through other places so I know how you must feel.

There are some wonderful books about pet loss and bereavement. Some are listed elsewhere on this website. A couple that I'm reading are: "When Your Pet Dies" by Alan D. Wolfelt and "Pet Loss" by Julia Harris. You might also consider participating in one of he pet loss groups online or in your area.

Please know you aren't alone in your feelings. Losing a beloved pet is one of life's most difficult experiences but, as one of my friends told me: "If we didn't love so much, we wouldn't hurt so badly." The capacity to love deeply is a gift that also opens us to great grief.

You and Cleo are in my thoughts. Let us know how you're doing.
Debbie

+Quote Post
Hisae Y
post Apr 3 2015, 12:36 AM
Post #7

Member No.: 8,586

Hi, Holly

I am so sorry to hear about Cleo. Did you get your test results? My cat Tama was diagnosed with polycystic kidney disease (PKD) about a year ago. It's a congenital disease where multiple cysts develop in her kidneys over time. If Cleo has some sort of kidney malfunction (CKD - Chronic Kidney Failure or PKD), it's important to hydrate her. I wish I learned to give my Tama sub-Q fluid sooner (I started to give her daily sub-Q at home, but I think it was too late). There is a great resources over the internet about kidney disease (http://www.felinecrf.org/), and if Cleo's problem is indeed her kidneys, I highly recommend you visit the site.

All the love to you and to Cleo.

Hisae Y.

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post Apr 3 2015, 11:04 AM
Post #8

Forum Moderator

Hi, Holly, stopping by to check in to see how you and your precious Cleo are doing. Please know you and your precious Cleo are in my thoughts and prayers, and please let us know how things are going.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------
In heaven's perfect garden there is no grief or pain, and all of God's creation join the angels' sweet refrain.

The most blessed way I have of knowing God's comforting love and grace is to look into the eyes and heart of God's creatures' sweet angelic face.

+Quote Post
Holly Fraser
post Apr 26 2015, 01:30 PM
Post #9

QUOTE (Kennedy's momma @ Mar 26 2015, 04:21 PM) *
Hi Holly,

I'm so very sorry to read about Cleo. I just lost Kennedy, my little Yorkie, on March 3. Like you, I sensed that she was slipping away from me even before the vet said she was in renal failure. She'd already had congestive heart failure for two years. I only had her for five years as she spent the first part of her life in a puppy mill. I've had many pets over the years, but we had a special connection since she was with me through other places so I know how you must feel.

There are some wonderful books about pet loss and bereavement. Some are listed elsewhere on this website. A couple that I'm reading are: "When Your Pet Dies" by Alan D. Wolfelt and "Pet Loss" by Julia Harris. You might also consider participating in one of he pet loss groups online or in your area.

Please know you aren't alone in your feelings. Losing a beloved pet is one of life's most difficult experiences but, as one of my friends told me: "If we didn't love so much, we wouldn't hurt so badly." The capacity to love deeply is a gift that also opens us to great grief.

You and Cleo are in my thoughts. Let us know how you're doing.
Debbie

Hello,

Thank you so much for your kind words and support. I am sorry I haven't replied sooner - it seems my intuitions were wrong, my beautiful little girl is mine for a while longer. I had recently got a dog, a small pug. It seems as much as I tried to socialize them, Cleo was not happy with her there and thats why she was weeing, to mark her territory, and the stress made her lose weight. It seems like such a simple solution that I didn;t think of at the time, and its wonderful news to now know she is doing so well.

Im so sorry to hear about your experiences and wish you all the love in the world. Thank you!!!

+Quote Post
Holly Fraser
post Apr 26 2015, 01:31 PM
Post #10

QUOTE (Hisae Y @ Apr 3 2015, 06:36 AM) *
Hi, Holly

I am so sorry to hear about Cleo. Did you get your test results? My cat Tama was diagnosed with polycystic kidney disease (PKD) about a year ago. It's a congenital disease where multiple cysts develop in her kidneys over time. If Cleo has some sort of kidney malfunction (CKD - Chronic Kidney Failure or PKD), it's important to hydrate her. I wish I learned to give my Tama sub-Q fluid sooner (I started to give her daily sub-Q at home, but I think it was too late). There is a great resources over the internet about kidney disease (http://www.felinecrf.org/), and if Cleo's problem is indeed her kidneys, I highly recommend you visit the site.

All the love to you and to Cleo.

Hisae Y.

Hello,

Thank you so much for your kind words and support. I am sorry I haven't replied sooner - it seems my intuitions were wrong, my beautiful little girl is mine for a while longer. I had recently got a dog, a small pug. It seems as much as I tried to socialize them, Cleo was not happy with her there and thats why she was weeing, to mark her territory, and the stress made her lose weight. It seems like such a simple solution that I didn;t think of at the time, and its wonderful news to now know she is doing so well.

Im so sorry to hear about your experiences and wish you all the love in the world. Thank you!!!

+Quote Post
Holly Fraser
post Apr 26 2015, 01:33 PM
Post #11

QUOTE (moon_beam @ Apr 3 2015, 05:04 PM) *
Hi, Holly, stopping by to check in to see how you and your precious Cleo are doing. Please know you and your precious Cleo are in my thoughts and prayers, and please let us know how things are going.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

Hello,

i wish you all the love in the world. Thank you!!!

+Quote Post
LittleGirl's...
post Apr 26 2015, 07:41 PM
Post #12

Member No.: 274

wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif Holly, I am SO SO happy to hear the news!

Blessings,

Kathy

--------------------
Compassion for all animals. www.earthlings.com

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post Apr 27 2015, 12:30 PM
Post #13

Forum Moderator

Hi, Holly, thank you so much for sharing this wonderful news that your precious Cleo is doing well. Stress can indeed cause physical symptoms which can be relieved when the stress is reduced. I am soooo happy that your precious Cleo is once again doing well. May you and your precious Cleo continue to have a happy, healthy earthly journey.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 06:18 AM