Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> My New Best Friend
Felicia
post Jun 10 2010, 01:01 AM
Post #1

Group: Pet Lovers
Member No.: 5,889

Hello:

My name is Felicia. Last year on 6/24, I lost my very best friend. Her name was Brittany. She was a Springer Spaniel. She was the lite of my life. We did everything together. Took vacations together, went to the doggy park or just went for car rides. But the day came that I had to send her over to the Rainbow Bridge. I know it's going to be a yr., but the pain is still there. I can still see her eyes close as she went to her final journey. I never thought that I could find someone to replace her. And that didn't happen. But 6 mos. ago, on Christmas Eve, I knew that she wanted me to go to the local shelter to have someone to share Christmas with.

And there she was. My special Bailie......And to make matters even more special, it was her 2nd birthday that day. She's an American ##er Spaniel, b/w.......Her markings are absolutely gorgeous. Don't know her history, but she's very protective. But once she warms up to you, she's your friend for life. But 4 days after I got her, I had to take her to the vet. She just woke up out of a sound sleep & her legs were stiff & she was so stiff. I first thought it was Lyme Disease. But they checked her for that. It came back negative. But what she was having was a seizure. She has Epilepsy. It was a new experince for me. But I've worked with her vet to get her regulated on medications. And now 6 mos. later, her seizures aren't that frequent & their not that severe. But the meds do make her sleepy. But she still wants to go for walks & rides.
But now this Thurs (6/10) she has to have surgery. She needs to have her right ear c&%^ removed. She has a g rowth covering the hole to her ear c&%^. So she'll be deaf in that ear. And eventually the other ear will need to be done. So right now, I'm a wreck. Not only that she'll be deaf in that ear, but for the surgery itself because of her being epileptic. But she'll be in ICU & on Seizure watch. I just can't understand how one sweet dog can go thru so much in her short time on earth. But we'll get thru it. And the financial stand point is another issue. But I would give up everything for her. I know that my Brittany brough me there that particular day so that Bailie wouldn't spend her birthday alone. I've been on this web site before with my story about Brittany. So I just wanted to up-date my new addition.
And ask that whoever reads this, please pray that Bailie comes thru everything. I can't lose another one so soon. She is the light of my life. I know that God sent her to me for a reason. To bring joy in my life.

Worried & frantic
Felicia
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 04:01 AM