> The Beginning
Bobbie
post Aug 7 2012, 10:23 PM
Post #21

Group: Pet Lovers
Member No.: 7,068

Dear, dear those Doxies' dad,

thank you

I take in each word, over and over, as strength and support, encouragement and caring

It is like a salve on my terrified soul

And now I CAN go on!

XO Trevor's mom XO
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Bobbie
post Aug 10 2012, 09:58 PM
Post #22

There you go again!!!!!! laugh.gif

THANK YOU from the bottom of my little duckling heart!! happy.gif

XOXOxoxo
Trevor's mom
XOBobbieXO

+Quote Post
Bobbie
post Aug 12 2012, 10:05 PM
Post #23

Such a beautiful tribute to a beautiful dog! The love you have for Jen pours from your heart and shapes words that bring meaning and feelings to life. Life that once was and life that continues now into eternity.

These days, when the sorrow and reality seem to knock us to the ground, are the very ones when we must grab onto our Loved One(s) for dear life. For they understand, as no one else could, what we are and who we are. Only they know how our sorrow and even regret translate into undying love and devotion to those very souls that we more devoted to us!

Please, if you don't mind, keep sharing your love story of Jen, and any others, with those of us here who drink in your words as a comforting sip of nectar.

Again, I get to thank you for yet another amazing poem! I wish I could think of a better word(s) than simply Thank You!, but I don't think there are any. So "Thank YOU!" it will be.

XOXOxoxo
Trevor's mom
Bobbie

+Quote Post
Bobbie
post Aug 17 2012, 12:23 PM
Post #24

Once again, I open Trevor's post and find that my dear, dear friend has given me a great gift!

Thank you for the gift of strength and of song! I love listening to the birds talking and singing outside my kitchen windows early in the morning! I love the sound of cardinals talking back and forth. Even crows have wonderful voices! This afternoon, I will find and play the album I have of canaries singing - it is stunning and so uplifting!

Please give my love to Jen. I know she and Trevor are fast friends and that they compliment each other so well.

Enjoy the warmth of the weekend. I will be enjoying my grandchildren (Olivia 4 and Benjamin 6 months)! Oh! That sounds so sweet to me: grandchildren!

Thank you from the depths of my heart and my soul. You are a guardian angel and I'm glad you found me!

XOXOxoxo
Bobbie
Trevor's mom

+Quote Post
Gretta's Mom
post Aug 19 2012, 07:03 AM
Post #25

Member No.: 7,067

Hello My Doxie and Me

One more huge thank you for the poetry you write for Bobbie. It truly is sustaining her soul during this awful wait .... for a wonderful blessing.

XOXO
Gretta's mom (her sister

+Quote Post
Bobbie
post Aug 20 2012, 09:28 AM
Post #26

Today I am tired and pretty well drained. But I wll ALWAY find time to THANK YOU, my friend, for sending me gift after gift of uplifting and sustaining words that fill in so many of the blanks of my mind. Two birdie pictures made me smile, ear-to-ear. I grew up with red-winged blackbirds and always wondered how that happened? I no longer wonder, I simply marvel at it.

Please forgive me for not having all the words in my mind that are surely in my heart today. You carry them so well for me. How can I ever thank you?

Give my love to Jen - lots of it! I LOVE YOU, JEN! wub.gif (everyone gets a wub)

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!

Now I can go on with my day!

Gratefully,
XOBobbieXO
Trevor's mom

+Quote Post
Bobbie
post Aug 21 2012, 08:57 PM
Post #27

help!

+Quote Post
Bobbie
post Aug 29 2012, 08:53 PM
Post #28

My friend,

I don't think I've ever read such loving, honest words to a beloved (animal) friend as you continue to write them. Oh! How I can feel your love for Jen over and over and over. While these love stories/lives play out at a pace we humans don't like, we do have the hope and the faith that we will be together again for all Eternity this time!!!!! There is no way I can wrap my mind around Eternity, but won't it be wonderful spending it with our loves???

Thank you for the healing and comfort your words bring to me, even when the words talk about others, especially Jen. I LOVE reading love letters like yours. Most people would say that the lot of us are crazy or out of our minds and they are correct! We are crazy-in-love and out of our minds waiting for that glorious reunion with our Jens, Trevors, Grettas, Peanuts, Tuckers, Hermys, all of the marvelous creatures that wait, so patiently for us.

Now, I get to thank Jen for bringing you that unconditional love that nurtures us and ever so gradually pushes us to take it for granted......until it is gone

THANK YOU, JEN!

Gratefully,
XOBobbieXO
Trevor's mom

+Quote Post
Bobbie
post Aug 31 2012, 07:35 PM
Post #29

How do I find the words, once again, to thank you???

You give me the words, put together in such a way that I receive boundless support, encouragement, empathy, and a promise of loyalty (you did learn that from Jen, of course) that few others I know could say, much less do. Jen's daddy, you have given me a strength to draw from when I cannot find my own. I have (another - actually only 3 total) a place to run to when I need to retreat from the coldness and the uncaring. And it is not a fantasy. It carries no requirements (from me) which you, somehow, know I cannot extend.

I treasure the Knight kneeling. It speaks volumes without saying one word. Because it doesn't have to. He is there. He is there. A frightened soul needs those reassurances, especially when the road she is traveling is totally hidden from her, although she is not blindfolded. And it is light of day.

I don't know who you are, other than Jen's daddy and I do not need to know any more. That is not the point. WE do share a common bond in the passionate love for our creatures and we are both so much better for that. I wish I could have known Jen and that you could have met Trevor - the love of my life. I've had many previous Cocker Spaniels and loved them with everything I had, but Trevor is special and unique. I will only experience that once in this lifetime, but that is all I need. I have threads all over the place on LS, so wherever you see Bobbie, you'll read more about Mr. Trevor, all the way back to early 2011.

Again, my gratitude is deeper than the oceans. Today, Mr. Knight (in shining armor) really did save my life!

I LOVE YOU, JEN! wub.gif
XOBobbieXO
Trevor's Mom

+Quote Post
Bobbie
post Sep 1 2012, 10:54 AM
Post #30

Miss Jen.

You have an amazing, incredible dad, that's for sure! I don't know how he tolerates my "small town" vocabulary and slang. I imagine it's like fingernails on a chalk board. Actually one has to be quite middle aged to member chalk boards instead of WhiteBoards.

Ms. Gretta and her mom have made it to this site now, so we're all getting together. Don't you (and your dad) think it is so much quieter and more peace-filled? Yes, the original site serves a very important healing and grieving function and I never thought I would reach this level of "acceptance" even though I still rail against the idea that my Trevor is physically gone forever. But the pain is not quite as searing - it has become a very familiar and heavy ache, an emptiness that I know will never be filled on earth. I think the greatest, actual transition came when I was able to make and display Trevor's collage because so many pictures hold memories of happy days (please don't ever ask him about the empty yogurt cup on his head!!! it's kind of cute).

Jen, you filled your father's life and soul with a love that a) never dies; cool.gif is irreplaceable; c) has kept him going on in tis world. Only YOU knew how to do that and what was needed to continue that love into the future that you knew was coming and accepted with dignity, courage and grace. We humans aren't good at that, period. So, to you, I say THANK YOU, JEN! I am blessed to call you (Trevor's) friend! (do you mind?)

Have a beautiful Saturday! Me? I'm sleeping in allllllllllllllllllllll day!

I LOVE YOU, JEN! wub.gif
XOBobbieXO
Trevor's mom

+Quote Post
Bobbie
post Sep 5 2012, 01:45 PM
Post #31

Dear, Dear Doxie Friend!!!

Once again, your words and pictures have touched my soul! I am in a drought of confidence and am stagnating. I MUST get moving because my life depends on it! Could I ask Jen for some help rays? She sounds like a powerful lover and giver. I would be ever so grateful.

Do not ever worry about crossing any "lines". Lines are artificially made by those who cannot or will not learn about their own boundaries. You and Jen have become Trevor's and my friend and we both treasure the gifts of that friendship. Don't worry, our friend, OK?

I'm needing a lot of Love Rays from Trevor today. My body is physically manifesting the anxiety and fear that I have about meeting the oncologist tomorrow. At least I know where all of this is coming from.

I wish for you two a day of peace, joy, and love filled with butterflies and (I like) dragonflies!

XOXOxoxo
Trevor's Mom
Bobbie

+Quote Post
Bobbie
post Sep 9 2012, 11:04 PM
Post #32

Hello Dear Jen and her daddy!

Want to stop by and remind you that you both are in my thoughts and prayers each and every day!

PEACE be with you!

Love,
XOBobbieXO
Trevor's Mom

+Quote Post
Bobbie
post Sep 10 2012, 11:15 PM
Post #33

Just wanted you to know.....

I am alone with my thoughts and my fears having been judged as too emotional and jumping to conclusions that most likely won't happen. So I will keep them to myself while I try and make it through the night until daylight, once again, appears. Perhaps, then I will not feel quite as hurt or misunderstood.

Silly me, I thought this cancer journey was mine and that people around me were there for support and understanding and listening and more listening. But I guess I am wrong, totally wrong. I am to follow another's path, one taken by someone with a different cancer and a different outcome. I must listen to them for they have all the wisdom of experience. I must be told what to do and what not to do because it is obvious that I cannot come to my conclusions as they did. I must, I must, I must.

That is why I come to you and this site. For here our voices are heard for who and what they are. We are not told what to do, how to grieve, what to question, when to speak and when to shut up. I must find those people (some I already have.....) who will listen, support, understand my fear, my struggle, my sorrow and my joy. And I must find them quickly. How?

Please speak the words you know to comfort me, soothe the searing fear in my heart, the sorrow in my soul, the empty arms that can no longer hold my Trevor................................

+Quote Post
Jake'sGrandpa
post Sep 11 2012, 08:25 AM
Post #34

Member No.: 7,738

Todd and Bobbie, I am touched by your love for Jenna and Trevor, and can feel your pain as I struggle to come to terms with the loss of our beloved English bulldog, Jake, two months ago this Friday. I wish you both the very best and hope that, in time, the sharpness of the pain is replaced by the warmth of the memories.

+Quote Post
Bobbie
post Sep 17 2012, 10:26 PM
Post #35

Hello Jenna's Daddy!

Again and again, you fill my heart and soul with the words I cannot reach, and I am more than blessed by you!

Yes, the chemo did a number on me, but not right away. Kind of like creshendoing (sp) thunder that gets louder and louder until your teeth begin to chatter uncontrollably! I kept thinking of Trevor and how he suffered in SILENCE (not me, that's for sure) and I have even MORE respect for every one of God's creatures that suffere AT ALL from ANYTHING! They are the heroes, not us humans.

Please, don't feel pressured to share your incredible words with me. That is selfish on my part. But I must say that the pictures you send, ALWAYS make me smile and then study them in awe! Your words are magnificent. You know me as a soul mate and a fellow Spirit Dog(s) parent. How could we be luckier? I was once told that Trevor was also a White Buffalo and now a butterfly comes by very often to say Hello! to me from Trevor and, many times, his friends, too.

If I may be extremely nosey......how long has Jenna been physically apart from you? I picture her as the most loyal of all your/the Doxies - filled with love and devotion for her daddy, as well as a spunk that only "smaller" doggies can have! She IS beautiful! (I rarely, if ever, use past tense when talking or writing about any of God's creatures. You know why.) If I begin to sound trite I truly do not mean to -please blame it on chemo-brain (really!). If you love Jenna (and any others) half as much as I love Trevor, then every space in the universe is filled with yours and her love for each other. (Come on, Hubble, catch these Love Rays!) I don't know if you have read my hundreds of posts littered all over this site, but I have my favorite picture of Trevor in every room of my house and one taped to the dashboard of my car. I used to worry about all the time Trevor must have spent lonely, scared and confused. And I pledged that he would never feel that way again - ever! He's even in my wallet! (I don't have pics of my grandkids in my wallet.) The pictures help a lot, as does the framed wallet-sized picture I wrap in a piece of Trevor's second favorite blanket and tuck next to my heart, every night when I go to sleep. Oh yes, it will be 14 months, this Saturday, that we had to physically part and something of Trevor goes with me everywhere.

Grief and the journey it takes us on is unique for every person and every one of their animals. I can, in no way, diminish your sorrow. I DO pledge and promise to always support you, understand you, listen to you, share with you and anything else that can pour even the tiniest of soothing oil to your wound. And don't be surprised, or feel unworthy or any of that malarky (you forgot I was Irish?????) because you have done the same and more for me.

I must go to bed now - a bit of the nausea has resurfaced. Bless you, bless you, bless you, Jenna's daddy!

With gratitude,
Bobbie
Trevor's mommy

+Quote Post
Bobbie
post Sep 23 2012, 07:37 AM
Post #36

To my tall and protecting Fir Tree:

Thank you, again, for listening to Trevor as he tells you about his momy's sorrow, lack of confidence and confusion.

With total gratitude I read, reread and continue to read about the Willow Tree, one of the most beautiful, graceful trees on this earth. I am a Willow Tree - you described me perfectly (again).

Thank you for showing me the truth and the way to find my new station in life.

I only hope, that in some small ways, I may return to you all the hope, confidence, and eventually joy that you have shown to me.

With the deepest of gratitude, I humbly give thanks to you, your Jenna and your words!

XOXOxoxo
Bobbie

+Quote Post
Bobbie
post Sep 24 2012, 11:43 AM
Post #37

Dear Jenna and Daddy!

My wish for you today: a PEACE-FILLED day with warm and happy memories for both of you!

With love,
Bobbie
Trevor's mom

+Quote Post
Bobbie
post Sep 26 2012, 09:39 AM
Post #38

Good Morning Jenna's Dad,

I hope today is treating you with love and respect!

I wanted to let you know one thing about one of your posts to Trevor and me. The date is September 15th and, originally, there was a stunning black and white picture of an American Cocker Spaniel that looked exactly like Trevor and Rudy and Birney and Crocker! It brought tears to my eyes and I simply LOVED IT!!!!

A couple days ago I looked on that post again and the picture had changed!!! Now there is a B&W picture of some kind of Spaniel, but it certainly doesn't look like any of my boys. Do you know how this could have happened? I stilll do not know how to properly post pictures, so am completely in the dark. Is it possible to get the original picture back on? I loved it so much and would like to make a print of it.

I don't mean to be nosey or certainly NOT complaining, rather I wanted you to know what was going on.

Thanks so much, my good friend(s)!!!!
Bobbie

PS: I found the lock of Trevor's hair that had gone missing for months yesterday! Happy days! XOXOxoxo

+Quote Post
Bobbie
post Sep 30 2012, 10:09 PM
Post #39

Good Evening, my friend!

Your words touch the essence of my heart and soul, as I read them and remember Trevor (Rudy, Jasper, Birney, Kelly, Crocker, Spot & Squirt). Each animal, one of God's unique creations grabs onto our hearts and souls from the very first minute.....never to let ago again. We, as the frail human, do not see this coming at first, so we are as free as our companions in sharing the sunshine, cool breeze, falling snowflakes, etc. Then, one day our humanness takes over and we DO see into the future. WE see our greatest fears and, try as we might, attempt to put them off as long as possible.

However, my dear friend, the "price" of this unconditional love that flows in both directions, ultimately becomes our most painful debt. But it is a debt we MUST pay. Is it ever easy? NO Does it ever go away? NO Do we wish we could hold onto what we had for just that while longer? OH YES! But, for some reason, the Almighty Creator, saw fit that man would be the one to carry this buden, to love and cherish every moment with our friends. I do not know why and that will be question #1 when "I get there".

I am so sorry that you continue to feel such excrutiating pain and sorrow. Jenna was extraordinarily special - that I can tell. The one thing I ask of you, is to let even a tiny sliver of time into your grief. Time is a mysterious and amazing thing. It moves ever so slowly when we want it to hurry up, and yet, when we look back, "so much" time has passed! Please do not think that, in any way, I want to "hurry you along" with your grieving. You sorrow is your own and no one else's. I have been a bit fortunate in that those gnarley (sp) branches on the tree of life, have, ever so slowly begun to change - from tough, rough, unbending arms twisting every which way to hold me as tightly as possible to the Tree I'll call "Sorrow Tree". Somehow, in the past couple months (and this is well after one full year of being without Trevor physically) a few of those braches have softened. They are not as rigid, rough or biding as they were for so, so long. They are slowly turning into the branches we see in the Spring. Ever so slightly softer and pliable so that I am able to breathe, which I could not do before. I still have a long, long journey ahead of me, but, honestly, thoughts of Trevor are much more comforting now. I have come to accept that I did everything humanly possible to make Trevor's last 2 years on this earth, the best he'd ever had. And I think Trevor is the one sending these messages to my heart and soul. Who else would know what to say or do? So while my heart remains shredded and my soul crushed to the ground - a tiny ray is shining my direction with some hope, peace, resolution and such a contented LOVE for Trevor, that I have not felt before.

It comes, my friend, but ONLY WHEN YOU ARE READY. Who decides that? Not you, not me, not our friends......but Jenna and her gift of healing time. She holds it for you, ready at a moment's notice to sprinkle some onto your heart and soul. Jenna knows how much you need, each and every time and she gathers your tears, sobs and misgivings into her eternal, all powerful heart so that her dad doesn't have to hold onto it all. See, she is in the Perfect Place now, where she still feels so badly FOR you, but the joy surrounding her now is indescribable and she can hardly wait for you to meet her so you can share the rest of eternity with her!

Please, be kind to yourself. Give yourself an enormous amount of credit for continuing to survive each day and grace so many lives with your words and pictures. Take even just 5 minutes per day to ask Jenna to pat you on the back for all the wonderful times you had together and those you plan in the future world. I would like to know what she has for you! Right now, Trevor just tells me that he wants to snuggle under his blanket with me again. Won't that be nice?

It is time to go to sleep now and dream of my wonderful boys and all their "new" friends. I say a prayer for you, also. And I wish you peace for tonight!

Love,
XOBobbieXO

+Quote Post
Bobbie
post Oct 1 2012, 09:23 AM
Post #40

Oh my friend, my dear friend!

I hope that nothing I said has caused you more pain. I never want that to happen, as you are going through enough right now.

As with you, I say what is in my heart/soul and whatever Trevor adds. Isn't it amazing the conversations we can hold without speaking a single word or at least no more than 3? "I love you"? Our companions are amazing!!!

Thank you for being such a good and gentle friend. Your words are like salve and yet I feel so badly for you as you travel your Journey alone, as only one can do (even if they are married!). Let us walk our journies as we need to and help each other along the way - just as Jenna and Trevor did for us whe they walked this Earth. Now they walk in Heaven which is so GOOD for them!

Thank you for your amazing gift of the word. I read and re-read and then print what you say so I have it any time I need or want it.

Have a beauty-filled day, sunshine or clouds, all part of MOTHER Nature. (ever wonder what happened to FATHER Nature?? laugh.gif

With love, (squeek, squeek goes the chalk)
XOAuntie BobbieXO

PS: I LOVE YOU, JENNA AND TREVOR!!!!!!

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:02 AM