IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules Site Rules and Courtesies

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Love Is Found., My fur baby! He just got home!
Astarte66
post Oct 2 2008, 08:29 AM
Post #1

Group: Pet Lovers
Member No.: 5,007

So I was sitting outside in a chair at like 4am, I thought I might have gotten glimpses of Dionysus peekin at me but I wasn't fully convinced. I had tuna sitting out to try and temp him to come home. I took the advice of http://www.sonic.net/~pauline/psych.html which I somehow found from this forum. I knew after getting a visual my chances of his return skyrocketed.
Anyhow, I had encountered someone through Craigs List who was helpful with suggestions, he had offered to loan me his humane trap for the weekend and see how it favored. It looks like my "house trap" worked swimmingly. I ended up not needing his trap at all.

Ohh I am so overwhelmed with absolute joy.
Kitten is a bit dirty and dusty. I do not know what he has gotten into that he has nasty gas and the squirts. I would give him a quick bath but he just looks so tuckered out, I am going to let him rest for a little while. Ohhh when I saw him I had cheerfully called at him as he was walking through the house. He meowed back at me. (You should hear his meow. it is the Fran Dresser nasal meow).

Anyhow, it was 5:30 am exactly an hour short of 7 days gone. He snuck through the window I had left open in hopes he would sneak back in. He let himself be known with one of his typical nasal sounding meows at my office door and then dashed downstairs behind the couch because the kid had come up the stairs to see what I was so excited about. I let him come to me and treated him like I normally would. I scooped him gently into my arms, hugged so gently, kissed him all over, sang my song of love and kept saying his name over and over. Kitten Oh Kitten, I love you, Love you, Love you! He started purring in my arms very loudly too. He has only purred like that once before and that was when I had adopted him 3 years back through petfinders.com

He is not carrying any feral like traits thank goodness. Just a little tuckered out is all and feeling a little extra lovey dovey. He is currently sprawled out on the couch on my hoodie jacket looking content. (Yes I am attaching a picture of this!)

I tell you what, this has been emotionally one of the toughest experiences I have ever gone through. I am not looking forward to the vet when we go. Kitten has some puncture wounds over his ribcage. They seem to be from about the same night Boots got into a massive fight. The holes are too big for a cat, so either they beat up a dog, or the fox came out to rummage through the trash. Anyhow, I am going to go get him chipped today, and have his wounds tended to.

I know Dionysus missed me. The way he is meowing, following just a tad closer than usual. I think we are BOTH relived this has become the happy ending.

Thanks all for being here.

xo
Eliz & Dionysus

--------------------

Dionysus

"I will accept any rules that you feel necessary to your freedom. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do."
Professor Bernardo de la Paz
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ann
post Oct 3 2008, 01:30 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 4,838

FANTASTIC NEWS!.. He definitely missed you too. Had alittle adventure and hopefully won't happen again. My Arthur was an outdoor cat and that was my biggest fear. Him leaving and never coming back. Never knowing, what, when, why, or how..but that was my decision and I had to except the consequences that went along with it. (he did come home, but his problem was too severe).. I'm so happy for both of you. All your furbabies are quite beautiful indeed.. Ann

+Quote Post
Sibilance7
post Nov 9 2008, 10:22 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 3,332

I haven't been on this forum for a while, so this is a bit late, but I am so so so happy that your kitty came back! I got tears in my eyes reading your story, and I hope Kitty's doing well and is all recovered from his wounds!

+Quote Post
LoveThem
post Nov 10 2008, 02:37 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 3,876

Amazing story. I don't know how I missed this update to your original story but am glad to read it.

It shows you have to have hope.......cause maybe good things are meant to be and so they will happen.

Thanks for coming back and sharing such wonderful news.

Judy

--------------------
LITTLE GUY - May 28, 1991 - Sept 10, 2007 - Always in my Heart.
His story: Section D&D: How do I stop crying? and also... My Boy is Gone Forever.

+Quote Post
annf
post Nov 11 2008, 12:09 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 5,082

What a wonderful story, I am so happy for you, after reading about so much loss and after loosing my Beautiful baby boy when he ran off on a chase and di not return, it is so heartwarming. Lots of love to you and your lovely cat.
annf

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:17 PM