2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Browser Is Missing!, I beg you to come and leave your prayers
goliath
post May 21 2008, 11:10 PM
Post #1

Group: Pet Lovers
Member No.: 4,239

I just am numb right now and cannot say too much. sad.gif Right now...this moment..........I NEED A CIRCLE OF PRAYER!

My neighbor took Browser out this evening about 5:00 P.M. He tripped and let go of Browser's leash and Browser took off to the woods. It is now midnight and Browser has yet to be found.

Please leave your prayers and thoughts here with me......................................

Love, Beth

BROWSER PLEASE BE SAFE WHEREVER YOU ARE wub.gif WE LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!
Attached Image

--------------------
Topics that include Goliath are:
Death of my Furry Baby Boy Chihuahua
Heartfelt Letter to my Goliath
Goliath and Gidget Pics
Happy Birthday Goliath
Goliath's Blessings
Bouncing Baby Browser (Goliath & Gidget's New Baby Brother)
Browser Is Missing!
Goliath Aloysius 1/25/1997 til 11/6/2007
My Gidgie Girl
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
katzen11
post May 22 2008, 12:32 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 3,125

OMG, Beth, sweet little Browser is missing, in the dark, off to the woods.
since maybe 3 hours now. i get tears in my eyes, writing this.
yes, i will pray for you, i am sending to you the very best positive thoughts.
Browser cannot be that far away, and the temperature is not bad,
i guess, he is resting now, somewhere
and then he will recognize your voice, calling his name

please, Browser, stay well and safe, till your mum is holding you in her arms again.
Eva

--------------------
in loving memory of my sweet babycat Felice
+ 8 december 2006

+Quote Post
Zita'sMom
post May 22 2008, 12:40 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 3,938

Browser - sending love and safety, and wishing for your mom to know your whereabouts as soon as possible.

Sending all my hope and love for you and Browser.

Jan.

+Quote Post
goliath
post May 22 2008, 04:45 AM
Post #4

Thank you for yours prayers Eva and Jan..............Browser is home in my arms. I will post the details after we get some rest. Both of us wound up rescued after I had sunk in the muck in the brushiest part of the lake after hearing his cry. A neighbor and friend reached us and pulled me out with Browser under my coat.

This is a story of a miracle of faith and I will write it later.

Much love to all of you here. wub.gif wub.gif

--------------------
Goliath and Gidget Pics
Happy Birthday Goliath
Goliath's Blessings
Browser Is Missing!
My Gidgie Girl

+Quote Post
Jon730
post May 22 2008, 05:40 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 4,585

Thank you for yours prayers Eva and Jan..............Browser is home in my arms. I will post the details after we get some rest. Both of us wound up rescued after I had sunk in the muck in the brushiest part of the lake after hearing his cry. A neighbor and friend reached us and pulled me out with Browser under my coat.

THUD. Iggy got me up and I turned on the computer and we got the first news before coffee was ready!! Well, I guess it will be a while before we hear the whole story because you will be sleeping late!!!!!!!!

These compact models can disappear really fast. We went though the SAME THING years ago with Matilda, INCLUDING the swamp!!!!!!
But she was gone for two days. We put up signs everywhere, and got a phone call.

Behind our house is conservation wetlands. Matilda heard a dog barking, and being friendly, went for a visit one night whe we let her out to empty her.
Our suspense was made greater because of the coyotes.
Someone across the woods had found her. She was covered with black muck and he was not even sure she was a dog, till he hosed her off and washed her. So we got her back all clean and groomed. The experience was unsettling enough for her that she did not repeat it.

Pepper, however, being a male, and not very bright, was another story. He liked the attention of being rescued. The jerk.

A friend of ours had a miniature collie, "Rosie", who discovered that she could wander at will, and when she got on in years, realized that all she had to do for a free ride home was to lay down and be rescued when someone read her collar...Never minding that she put her people through Hell. But it was just too funny for people to stay mad for long, when they realized that this was one smart LAZY dog.

--------------------
Miles, my friend and Cat-Wife. 3-11-2008
The Sweetest Cat in my Universe.

+Quote Post
forduffy
post May 22 2008, 08:03 AM
Post #6

Member No.: 3,637

I do think that the brigade of all of our dear pets helped him find his way home. I can't even express how happy I am that he is safe!

--------------------
Duffy, I was so blessed to have you in my life, as my family, as my friend, as my baby, as my soul mate. I miss you, my PuppyBoy. Run, now, and enjoy the Bridge. I will be joining you soon.

+Quote Post
katzen11
post May 22 2008, 10:55 AM
Post #7

QUOTE (Jon730 @ May 22 2008, 12:40 PM) *
Pepper, however, being a male, and not very bright, was another story. He liked the attention of being rescued.

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------
+ 8 december 2006

+Quote Post
katzen11
post May 22 2008, 11:01 AM
Post #8

QUOTE (forduffy @ May 22 2008, 03:03 PM) *
I do think that the brigade of all of our dear pets helped him find his way home.

yes, thank you, all our dear pets
and let us think of all, who could not find their way home sad.gif
Eva

--------------------
+ 8 december 2006

+Quote Post
goliath
post May 22 2008, 09:40 PM
Post #9

First of all I would like to thank all of you for your support and prayers. wub.gif The circle of prayer was wide here as well as in the community in which I live.

It was approximately 6:00 P.M. when my neighbor tripped and lost hold of Browser who was on his leash. Browser took off like a dart and headed right for the woods where we have two families of foxes and another of coyotes. Without haste, my neighbor told one other person what had happened and the word got out quickly. There were 14 people on foot combing the woods and the surrounding houses. Other neighbors got on the phone and contacted all the other people who live in this one mile radius as well as the police department. Everyone searched til midnight before we came in to dry out and get some rest thinking we would go back out first thing this morning.

My friend and neighbor came and sat with me for awhile while I took a hot shower and then I got down on my hands and knees and prayed for a miracle. I got into my bed and cuddled with Gidget and prayed more. Then something told me to open the 9 foot doorwall I have in my bedroom. Another voice said "no, it is cold...leave it closed." A power much greater than myself said "get up now and open that door!" So I did. Soon Gidget and I fell asleep.

At 3:31 A.M. I was awakened and I was feeling sick with anxiety, so I prayed harder than I ever had in my life. I said in Jesus name I ask God Almighty to keep Browser safe for I knew that only He could see exactly where Browser was. I also asked that God would please send Goliath to guide his baby brother home. I knew if Browser didn't know where to go, Goliath sure did and would use his wisdom to guide this baby brother of his back to where he knows love lives. It was 3:31 A.M. exactly when Goliath passed away in my arms last November 6th and also the time my hubby awoke in Texas and started to drive home.

When I said Amen................I heard Browser's cries. I flew out of bed, grabbed a flashlight and his hamburger squeaky toy and headed for the woods. Each time I squeaked his burger he would cry back and I kept following his cries in the pitch dark of the woods. Soon I was about 3 lots down and realized Browser was down by the lake. So I kept sqeaking and he kept crying back and I found myself waist deep in muck and brush. I prayed again and asked God to move my legs through this thick muck. Suddenly my legs started moving in and out and closer to where Browser was. I still couldn't see him but I knew he was very close. Scanning my flashlight back and forth along the brush I saw that the light had caught his eyes and the reflection was like a bright blue neon sign. I could barely see his little ears. There was deep water ahead of me and I jumped into it and reached the mound of brush he was entangled in. We laid there and covered each other in kisses and rested.

Even though I had called my neighbor, prior to leaving, and told her I was going to go get Browser because I could hear him, I neglected to tell her where I was going. So, I began praying again because now we were both stuck out there. My left foot was stuck under something and my right foot was stuck in the muck. I began yelling Gail's name and soon I heard her say, "Beth where are you?" I told her to follow my voice and she did.

Gail worked her way to Browser and I, extended her arm and pulled us loose and then she was stuck. Back and forth we pulled each other out working our way back to solid ground. On the way we disturbed a nest of snakes and had to detour around another way to get out. By this time all of us were completely black and soaked and physically exhausted. We both kept praying for the strength to continue on and find our way back to safety.

God and Goliath were with us all the way. God saw to it that Browser was kept safe. I believe this was a true miracle that only a loving God could give. I also believe Goliath and all our other furangels were guiding Browser back toward home. The power of prayer and all the people who were involved made this miracle possible. Never did I lose faith nor hope that this baby Browser of mine was meant to be with me and was a gift sent from Goliath and God for me to love and cherish. I knew in my heart a miracle was coming.

We walked home and stripped all the wet dirty clothing off and immediately bathed Browser in warm water and soap. He was very hungry and thirsty so I laid on the floor while he nourished himself. Then we got showered ourselves. By this time Browser was like a ragdoll in my arms and whimpering in his sleep. I held him close to me and Gidget and we fell asleep for a short amount of time when the phone rang and it was another special friend checking on me. When I said "I got him" was when it finally sunk in what I had been through and what a true miracle of faith and love I had actually experienced.

First thing this morning I took Browser to the vet. He was unscathed during his long scary adventure. The vet checked his stool, which was very dark, gave him fluids and has put him on Amoxicillin for the next 10 days. He said I have a very smart puppy because he knew better than to drink the water.

Today my legs and hips are very sore and I haven't had a good sleep yet. But I know I will sleep very well tonight with Gidget and Browser cuddled close to me where we feel safe and warm. My hubby is in Texas and was astonished and relieved that we were able to accomplish such a mission of love in the dark woods and mucky areas of the lake and arrive home safe and sound.

In my time of need and Browser's, my prayers were answered. smile.gif

Faith can move mountains but you better bring a shovel. My faith and strength and by God's grace alone made this miracle possible. I will forever give thanks that He carried me through that mucky water and got me to little Browser.

May God bless all of you in His wondrous and magnificent ways.

Much love to all of you here,
Beth biggrin.gif

--------------------
Goliath and Gidget Pics
Happy Birthday Goliath
Goliath's Blessings
Browser Is Missing!
My Gidgie Girl

+Quote Post
myhrtisbrkn
post May 22 2008, 10:08 PM
Post #10

Member No.: 2,048

Beth,

I've been so terrified for you and Browser both I couldn't even post. Thank God you're both safe.

Dayna

--------------------
"You in heaven...be aware. When my day comes I will be there. Then open your gates and you will see....on wings you gave, they'll fly to me"

Blessed is he who has earned the love of an old dog.

Rescue one, until there are none!

+Quote Post
Ann H
post May 23 2008, 02:00 AM
Post #11

Member No.: 538

Hi Beth, I do not post very often on the board anymore but I do watch it daily. I thank and praise God right along with you that He kept you and Browser safe. Having had not only my precious min. Schnauzer but also a Chihuahua I know how fast they can be. I love the pictures you post of your babies and the comforting words you give to others.
Ann H.

--------------------

My girls went to the Rainbow Bridge 6 weeks and 3 days apart.
Snookie had cushing's disease, and later developed diabetes. Both had cancer, Snookie had cancer of the liver, and Chili Bean had cancer of the pallet. Chili Bean was our son's chihuahua but we kept her often throughout her life and she stayed with us for the last 9 months of her life. Chili Bean also had asthma and heart failure. We will see you in Heaven my precious darlings.

Snookie Lynn Howard
2-04-94 - 12-26-04

Senorita Chili Bean Bubbles Howard
11-05-94 - 11-11-04

+Quote Post
Jon730
post May 23 2008, 05:25 AM
Post #12

On the way we disturbed a nest of snakes and had to detour around another way to get out.

My mind is completely blown and for once I am speechless.

"Raiders of the lost Ark": "Snakes! Why does it always have to be snakes??"
Well, if you and Browser were not bonded before, this should do it. You will both have a story to share for the rest of your lives.

SO GLAD all is well!!!!!!!!

--------------------

+Quote Post
goliath
post May 23 2008, 02:33 PM
Post #13

QUOTE (jackjackbojack @ May 23 2008, 11:56 AM) *
I truly believe if one concentrates hard enough and gets on that wave lenght to our higher power, there isn't anything we can't do. You were determined that you would find the little guy. You put that little guy first and yourself last. And I believe with all my heart, that you truly had an angel guiding you.

Thanks to all of you who had such kind and loving thoughts about Browser's disappearing act.

I felt so bad about knowing his tiny little self was out there in the rain and dark. He had to have been scared to death. All I could do was keep praying and have faith that God was watching out for him.

My hubby returned home today and asked me to take him to where I found Browser. So I did. Jim could only shake his head and say, "How in the HEL* did you ever get to him way back down in there?" Then he said he couldn't believe I was able to hear his whimper from so far away. Neither of us could see how Browser even arrived there. I told him that I didn't do it alone. There was guidance all the way and I was not afraid. For God carried me when I could no longer walk with my own will. By God's grace alone this story had a happy ending for all of us.

Our home is complete and happy again. I hope I never have to experience another escapade anything like this one again.
But if I should, I know exactly Who to call on. wub.gif

--------------------
Goliath and Gidget Pics
Happy Birthday Goliath
Goliath's Blessings
Browser Is Missing!
My Gidgie Girl

+Quote Post
goliath
post May 23 2008, 09:48 PM
Post #14

QUOTE (jackjackbojack @ May 23 2008, 10:03 PM) *
Somewhere, its as though your Goliath's spirit wrapped itself around Browser and kept him safe until you got to him. And the little cries became a becaon to signal to you here I am...I am here, please come for me.

Browser's little beacon was heard from such a distance and I used his hamburger squeaky toy to signal back to him. I calmly kept saying to him, "Momma's coming Browser..........Momma's coming." My radar was in full gear as I kept moving toward his cries in the darkness. I will forever be grateful for having experienced such a miracle.

That hamburger squeaky toy belonged to Goliath and was the very first toy Browser chose from the toybox on his first day with us in our home.

Thanks for coming by with your support and kind words. YOU SAID: I think the lesson here is never give up on love. You also said I proved it. I never give up on anything if I want it bad enough no matter what. wub.gif
Attached image(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
Goliath and Gidget Pics
Happy Birthday Goliath
Goliath's Blessings
Browser Is Missing!
My Gidgie Girl

+Quote Post
goliath
post May 25 2008, 10:12 PM
Post #15

Goliath's spirit was definately present during this miracle rescue, guided by God's own hand. wub.gif

Many of the people who were part of the search party came over yesterday and again today. It was amazing to hear just how much they cared about us. Some of these people had never even met Browser before. But, they did know us and remember just how fantastic Goliath was and how devastated I was when he passed away.

When I read about people not undertanding nor caring about animals where they live, I am so very thankful that my community truly cares. We have a circle of loving people all around us and I know I can always count on them for help and support when I need it. They can also count on me. All they need to do is let me know and I'M THERE!!!

I am so happy that you have found some happiness in adopting your very special kitty. The latest was Whiskers if I remember correctly. Each one of these special loves bring something brand new into our hearts and homes.

Though I will miss Goliath for the rest of my life, I sure am glad his baby brother Browser came in and picked up where he left off. That little caper of Browser's sealed the bond between us. I have a pocket full of miracles. wub.gif

--------------------
Goliath and Gidget Pics
Happy Birthday Goliath
Goliath's Blessings
Browser Is Missing!
My Gidgie Girl

+Quote Post
Jon730
post May 26 2008, 07:31 PM
Post #16

Moose cat is sick. I think he has developed fatty liver. I took him to the vet last week due to his ears and skin. Well, the vet put him on steroids for his skin. (short term) Saturday night, I noticed he had puked some. He acted like he had hairballs and so I gave him some laxatone. Things have just gotten worse. He has now pretty much stopped eating, but still drinking water. He is going to the vet early early early tomorrow.

Please keep us posted! How old is Moose??? ohmy.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
goliath
post May 26 2008, 07:47 PM
Post #17

QUOTE (jackjackbojack @ May 26 2008, 05:18 PM) *
Glad that Browser is feeling better and most happy to hear how wonderful the circle of love that surrounds you.

Thanks JoAnn.............I have been blessed with a wide circle of love in my life.

Browser has some nightmares since that night. He whimpers and at times growls in his sleep as well. As I hold him closer to me and talk quietly to him he settles in. Each night is a little better than the last.

Sorry to hear Moose isn't feeling well. I will check your thread for any updates.

Take care and God bless,
Beth

--------------------
Goliath and Gidget Pics
Happy Birthday Goliath
Goliath's Blessings
Browser Is Missing!
My Gidgie Girl

+Quote Post
justme
post Jul 22 2008, 02:22 PM
Post #18

Member No.: 4,841

Beth,

So i just read your story...And i'm blown away...
It is so amazing..
And somewhat comforting and uplifting.

snakes?...coyotes?...I can't even imagine...
(we dont get coyotes and many snakes in the UK)

My Raggs suffered nightmare's throughout his life, as he was badly abused before he and i met.
I too would always hold him and whisper a calm voice to him.

Browser is such an adorable, strong furry friend.

+Quote Post
goliath
post Jul 22 2008, 09:11 PM
Post #19

QUOTE (justme @ Jul 22 2008, 03:22 PM) *
My Raggs suffered nightmare's throughout his life, as he was badly abused before he and i met.
I too would always hold him and whisper a calm voice to him.

I am grateful Browser and I found each other when we did. Recently we discovered that someone who fostered him must have been punishing him with a rolled newspaper. A family member casually rolled up a newspaper just the other day and he literally freaked out! He was petrified. Browser is normally very laid back.

I love his little self so much. Browser's needs are much different than Goliath's and I can separate how I feel about each of them. My goal now is to ensure that Browser never needs to be afraid of anything again. No more nightmares will come to him if I can prevent them. I love him and everything about him and will fill his life with as much happiness and fulfillment as I can possibly muster up. He truly has been another welcomed furlove in my home and heart. I always talk with him in a calm and loving tone. Browser realizes that love lives in our home just as much as Goliath knows, and always will. wub.gif

Thanks for reading about my Browser, smile.gif
Beth

--------------------
Goliath and Gidget Pics
Happy Birthday Goliath
Goliath's Blessings
Browser Is Missing!
My Gidgie Girl

+Quote Post
justme
post Jul 23 2008, 03:55 PM
Post #20

Member No.: 4,841

ugh' that is terrible.
I hate that.
My Raggs would sometimes flinch and freak out too...It made my heart drop when he did.

I too set myself the same goal...But despite my best efforts and every last inch of love i gave him...He still had nightmares...And every nightmare gave me a broken heart.
I would wake him calmly from every nightmare, he would be startled for two or three seconds, Then he would notice me their beside him and look into my eyes...ugh' filling up again.
He would then let out a sigh while looking into my eyes as if to say 'aw sorry steve, did i do it again?, sorry'..
--

With the love you have expressed for Browser on this forum,
It's a given that you will provide Browser with all the love and happiness he could possibly wish for...

Best wishes Beth, Browser and *goliath*

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:10 AM