Forum Rules Site Rules and Courtesies

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Animal Communicators?, Shame on you!
paris
post Jul 5 2007, 06:24 AM
Post #1

Group: Pet Lovers
Member No.: 3,227

I, and many other pet owners, are desperate to find our missing pet. There are people who claim to be 'animal communicators' (one of whom was posted on this board.) This person charges $85 for 30 minutes of conversation and an hour of offline "communication with your pet" where she tells you what your pet has to share with you.

I'm sorry, but this is taking advantage of people's grief.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Simba's Daddy
post Jul 5 2007, 12:17 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 1,899

I am sorry but I strongly disagree with you about this. Are they taking advantage of you because they are charging money for their services? I think definately not. I would be nice if your electric company and other services told you that you didn't have to pay your bills just because you have a special gift. But of course that doesn't happen.

There are many people in this forum, including myself, that has had some good experiences with animal communicators. The one I talked to was right on the spot about alot of things and brought me so much closure. I only cost me $75 (well worth it and then some) but I would have paid alot more for the experience I had.

You are welcome to your own opinion though.

--------------------

+Quote Post
LS Support
post Jul 5 2007, 01:43 PM
Post #3

Forum Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

please be open minded, that is what we do here. if you cannot be open minded, i invite you to seek support elsewhere. thanks.

--------------------

click map

Visit Our Website

Support This Site

Pet Loss Blog

Pet Loss Books

While all people here help each other, there are
times where an advanced degree of help may be needed.

If at any time you feel overwhelmed or consumed
by grief, it is always best to seek professional help.

+Quote Post
AlleysMama
post Jul 5 2007, 02:06 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 2,356

I contacted two different animal communicators shortly after Alley passed. The first one didn't seem very "connected" to me but the second one was very good and gave me some comfort that was so desperately needed at the time. Funds are short lately, or I would contact her again.

Just because they have a gift doesn't mean that they shouldn't be able to charge for their time and effort. They do have lives of their own. I for one, am grateful that they are willing to do what they do.

--------------------
Read Alley's Story

May 1, 1997 to December 9, 2006 - Always in My Heart

+Quote Post
paris
post Jul 5 2007, 04:30 PM
Post #5

I have no problem with someone charging for services, and perhaps I don't know what animal communicators do. If these people can talk to and comfort you, there is a benefit. If someone could tell me exactly what happened to my lost cat, I would gladly pay. If they claim to be able to make contact with your pet, I simply don't believe that.

+Quote Post
zookeeper
post Jul 5 2007, 06:04 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 3,116

Respectfully, I sit on the fence on this one. I'm sure there are plenty who are charlatans but just as many who feel that they have a "gift".

I have a very dear old friend who is an animal communicator. She has told me things over the years that have made me wonder. Some of the things she talked about regarding one of my dogs just wasn't information that I had shared with her. She had no way of piecing the string of facts together as she did. These nuances made me think, well, yeah, maybe.

I can speak to her character at least, and there is not a mercenary or malicious bone in her body. She truly believes she can help.

I remember LOVING the program "The Pet Psychic". And yes, my sister and I would howl with laughter at some of it. The ridiculous parts that is - like when she would say (in that delightful British accent) - "your dog, well, he just loved meat, now, didn't he? He's saying thank you for the meat, he liked that".

If you feel that you have been taken advantage of, you should definitly make it known and request clarification and/or a refund.

There are lots of ridiculous and dopey scams out there, preying on the sad and distraught, and perhaps the ones you speak of here are among them. Here's hoping they're not.

Finally, I do believe that there are those who are connected in a way that most are not and they just may have answers that we don't.

+Quote Post
E.M
post Jul 18 2007, 04:00 AM
Post #7

Member No.: 2,394

'Animal Communicators - Shame on you'

If you don't believe in communication then that is fair enough, everyone is ent*itled to to their own opinions and no one has the right to question them or try to change them, and wouldn't it be a boring world if we all believed the same thing!

Animal communicators are free to advertise their services and are free to charge for them too. To say they are taking advantage of peoples grief is a bit rich considering no one is forcing you to use one! I am not going to say anymore on that subject as this is not meant to turn this into some sort of heated debate.

It is perhaps that you don't actually know the full extent of the work that animal communicators do so I will hope to explain a bit more, but it is not my job to try to convince you or make you believe in them or not. I am only posting these comments in hope that you look at your original post and may be say perhaps, in my lack of understanding my judgement has been a bit harsh. Just a thought. biggrin.gif

Not only does a communicator work in the field of contacting animals in spirit they also work with animals on this side where there advice can actually be invaluable. When a communicator has been successful in finding the root of behavioural problems that have been directly linked to health problems that have been repeatedly undiagnosed by conventional vets points very convincingly to a good result. Some people have been indebted to the animal communicator in solving some complex issues that that they haven't been able to get to the bottom of in any other way.

I respect that you simply don't believe claims that they can make contact with your pet, I assume we are talking about pets that have passed or are we talking about both alive and in spirit?

There are plenty of sceptics out there and I think this is essential in helping to keep you grounded especially if you are undertaking any sort of communication work for yourself.

My other half is a healthy sceptic, he has an open mind and says that until something happens to him to show him some sort of proof he can't say either way whether there is an afterlife and an ability to communicate with it or not. I accept this and I accept his right to his opinion. If you have had no contact with any sort of spirit then of course how do you know it exists, logic tells us this.

Whilst working with one animal communicator recently I asked her to ask our cat Lucy for some sort of proof for her Daddy. I asked if she could give some information to him such as what was the colour of Daddies car that he drove. At first she said he had to find his own way in whether he believes or not and initially I thought this was a bit of a cop out. Later she came back to the subject and said three words - cool - icy - blue. The colour of his car is ice blue. She could have said any colour if it were a guess or we were working with a charlatan. She also went on to describe what my other half does for a living and again the reply could have been anything yet she decribed every aspect of his job with outstanding accuracy that my other half was completely dumbfounded. The animal communicator lives in Scotland I live in Wales, we have never met and this information was not made available to her prior, these would have to be very lucky guesses on her behalf.

As I said it is not my job to try and convince you when I am already living with a sceptic but I certainly wouldn't say that all they do is prey on peoples grief. Some people find great comfort and a sense of relief with what they have shared from a communicator who has worked with animals that have passed over. Other people have been able to relocate lost pets successfully and others have had information which has been completely questionable but I guess it is like this with every profession, there are good plummers, electricians, plastic surgeons, you name it and there are also bad ones!

I think if we don't know or haven't had any proof of such existence of an afterlife and an ability to be able to communicate with it then it is best to just have an open mind because after all how can you say for sure one way or the other without the proof that it doesn't exist or indeed that it does?

I think that it is called looking at both sides of the argument and reserve judgement until you know for sure, which surely must be the best approach in my mind.

This is just my opinion which is not meant to provocate anyone but I do believe there are always to sides to every story happy.gif !

Hasta La vista!

+Quote Post
toonie
post Jul 18 2007, 06:45 AM
Post #8

Member No.: 2,632

I think that this part of being open-minded also allows saying that you worry that some people could be taken advantage of in the midst of their grief. I can certainly appreciate Paris' post for what it is, and I welcome such posts, hope LS does too. Already, Paris' comments have brought out good arguments from 4 people on board. This is dialogue. This is what the whole world needs. The worst response when we are challenged with an opinion different than ours is to shut it out, to seek to put an end to it, to isolate/eliminate the person. We don't all have to agree with everyone here, but let's be inspired, a great example of open mindedness is found in E.M.'s response, which I found to be admirably open and concilliatory. My take on animal communicators at this point is on the fence,
I would urge anyone in my situation (counting pennies) to be cautious, we
need our babies so much but are very fragile as well.

+Quote Post
Simba's Daddy
post Jul 18 2007, 10:47 AM
Post #9

Great post by E.M. biggrin.gif
One thing that I learned when talking with animal communicators is that if they aren't on right away don't be disapointed and write them off as fakes. They may say something that you don't pick up on right away but after thinking about it for a while it will hit you.

For example, the one I talked to said that I keep Simba's ashes (she knew I didn't bury him outside to begin with) where I keep my CD's. At first I thought that was kind of odd because my CD's are boxed up in my garage. After a couple hours I remembered that when Simba was alive I kept my CD's in the bottom part of my hutch cabinet and Simba used to go in there and play alot. After he was PTS I boxed up the CD's and moved them. When I got his ashes back I put them in the display part of the same hutch cabinet.

Then she told me that Simba said he was pulled out from under something just before being euthanized. Again, I thought that was odd because I picked him up off the floor and put him right in his carrier. But then later on I remember that I had him X-rayed (I had to be 100% absolutely sure) before making the final decision. So Simba was probably talking about the X-ray machine.

She also told me Simba is with an elderly woman and a younger woman. Still haven't figured out who they are yet though biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
paris
post Jul 18 2007, 01:07 PM
Post #10

Hi all.

I don't mean to offend anyone with my post, and I am trying to reconsider. (Remember the I Love Lucy episode when Ethel was pretending to communicate with that man's wife, she had on the scarf and the crystal ball...only to find out it was his dog...and Lucy was under the table making the voice?)

I do believe that some people have abilities to communicate with an animal, when they are in front of the animal. Some of your stories, though, do offer food for thought....Simba's Dad, who was the communicator that was able to tell you those things?

I and many people are in desperate situations, and are grief stricken. If an animal communicator can give you comfort in your time of need, that is worth something. I just can not see how a person over the phone can tell me if my cat is alive, or where he is. Since it is not guaranteed that the communicator is right, she of course has a 50/50 chance. I do not want false hope.

+Quote Post
E.M
post Jul 18 2007, 01:37 PM
Post #11

Member No.: 2,394

Here are a couple of little things that cropped up during the tune in with Lucy.

The communicator said that Lucy kept showing her our boundary wall and how important it was for her, and she got the image of the wall and some purple flowers down the side. At first I thought well thats wrong there aren't any purple flowers down there but later on that night when I went out the first thing I saw was the purple flowers, she was showing the communicator the Rhododendron bush which I had completely forgotten about.

The communicator told me that Lucy would have liked a better relationship with Denis but the fact was he just wasn't bothered about her. This aspect I hadn't told the communicator about and most people (friends) I had spoke to had said that perhaps Denis was lonely and 'called her in', obviously I knew this to be complete rubbish. I was told by the communicator that Lucy had told her that Denis wasn't bother about her and together with this Lucy sent her an image of her walking off with tail up in the air and then she received the words 'up yours' directed at Denis!

This was so spot on about their relationship, she tried to be Denis' friend but he just refused to acknowledge her and off she would walk, tail up in the air.

When I tuned in to Lucy quite recently I was asking her to tell me a bit about what it was like up there, she gave me some vague statements that didn't really tell me much more than I already knew (or have heard!) so I asked what exactly do you like about it up there and she said it doesn't rain! Priceless I thought, coming from a cat!

Another thing the communicator told me was that she asked Lucy to show her where she was buried, she gave her the image and the communicator was confused because this was the very same spot as where Denis was buried and she could remember this even though it was quite a few months previous when she tuned in with Denis. She asked Lucy if she was buried WITH Denis, and she got the reply in quite an indignant tone of 'of course not, I have my very own special spot'. The truth is that Lucy is buried next to Denis under the same tree and next to the same bush so that was why she received the same image as what Denis had sent. But I had to laugh at Lucy recoiling in horror at the thought of being buried WITH Denis!

+Quote Post
Simba's Daddy
post Jul 18 2007, 01:39 PM
Post #12

QUOTE (paris @ Jul 18 2007, 01:07 PM)
Simba's Dad, who was the communicator that was able to tell you those things?

Hilary from CalmPet.com
You can read more about my reading in more detail in this thread:
http://lightning-strike.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=3748

--------------------

+Quote Post
John B
post Jul 19 2007, 06:45 PM
Post #13

Member No.: 2,744

I would like to see them give discounts on their services, so that non believers like Paris and myself could have a trial run and possibly see the light. wink.gif

--------------------
Sadie (named after the Beatles song "s e x y Sadie") came into my life when I rescued her from a cage in the SPCA in 1991. Then she was taken from me when she ate the tainted IAMs food in 2007. You will always be in my heart and thoughts, Sadie. There will never be another like you!

Rev 5:13 And every creature which is in heaven, and on the earth, and under the earth, and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, heard I saying, Blessing, and honour, and glory, and power, [be] unto him that sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb for ever and ever.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:30 AM