358 Pages V  « < 344 345 346 347 348 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Welcome Tang, New Beginnings
Tom's Dad
post Aug 13 2019, 06:21 PM
Post #6901

Group: Pet Lovers
Member No.: 6,946

Hello moon_beam. Cloudy and warm (85) greetings to you. I hope you are doing well. Glad to hear Buster visited and hope he and Bonnie are doing OK.

I didn't feel well when I woke up this morning and walking to work in the pouring rain didn't help. I must have looked and sounded as bad as I felt too. My manager sent an email asking if I was OK. I replied by Skype back that no and the rain the rain thing (I was fairly soaked) She asked if I needed to go home and I said probably but don't want to get fired. She said I won't get in trouble if she sends me home which she did.

Tang's been around all day and that's nice. He's well and has had his supper and shot and will get his treats later when I pit out food for the local waifs.

I hope you have had a good day and that you will have a pleasant evening in the company of your precious fur-ever angels. Blessings.

T

--------------------
Nature's first green is gold
Her hardest hue to hold.
Her early leaf's a flower;
But only so an hour.
Then leaf subsides to leaf.
So Eden sank to grief,
So dawn goes down to day.
Nothing gold can stay.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post Aug 14 2019, 03:55 PM
Post #6902

Forum Moderator

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 4,861

Hi, Tracy, sunny humid 90-ish Wednesday greetings to you, your precious prince Tang, and Anne. I hope this finds each of you doing well and in good spirits.

I'm so sorry you had to trudge into work yesterday when you didn't feel well but am glad your supervisor was compassionate and sent you home reassuring you that you wouldn't lose your job. The "games" you have to play nowadays in order to placate managers and keep your job. I hope you're feeling better today.

Today has been busy getting my Kroger ClickList order placed for pick up tomorrow and making a couple of errands to get prescriptions refilled. Sweet Buster has been with most of the day. He was here when I went to do my errands and much to my pleasant surprise was still here when I got back about 30 minutes later. He is comfortably stretched out on the settee here in the computer area taking a nap as I'm writing to you.

Tracy, it's always a blessing sharing your news that your precious prince Tang is doing well. I hope today is treating you, your precious prince Tang, and Anne kindly, and I continue to keep all the community waifs in my thoughts and prayers that they are safe, well, and comfortable in the summer temperatures. I hope you, your precious boy, and Anne can have blissful, peaceful, cozy moments blessed with your beloved Sir Thomas' and princess Theresa's sweet Living Spirits to comfort you. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Tang and Anne. Please know you, your precious boy, and Anne are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you, your precious prince Tang, and Anne are doing, along with the community waifs, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas and princess Theresa.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------
In heaven's perfect garden there is no grief or pain, and all of God's creation join the angels' sweet refrain.

The most blessed way I have of knowing God's comforting love and grace is to look into the eyes and heart of God's creatures' sweet angelic face.

+Quote Post
Tom's Dad
post Aug 14 2019, 06:15 PM
Post #6903

Hello moon_beam. Partly cloudy and very warm (88) greetings to you. I hope you are doing well. Glad to hear Buster came to visit and stayed until after you got back. I hope he and Bonnie are doing OK.

I am not 100% but I did feel better today. My manager asked how I was too. Not a terribly busy day thankfully.

Tang was glad to see me when I got in. He's well and has had his supper and shot and will get his treats when I put food out later for the waifs here.

I hope you had a good day and that you will have a pleasant evening watched over by your beloved fur-ever angels. Blessings.

T

--------------------
Her hardest hue to hold.
But only so an hour.
So Eden sank to grief,
Nothing gold can stay.

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post Aug 15 2019, 03:24 PM
Post #6904

Forum Moderator

Hi, Tracy, sunny hot humid 90-ish Thursday greetings to you, your precious prince Tang, and Anne. I hope this finds each of you doing well and in good spirits.

I'm glad you were feeling a bit better yesterday - - good enough to go to work and make it through the whole day. Please let us know how you're doing.

It's been a very busy day here. Started with an early rise for my appointment with my rheumatologist. Took my winter jacket to a place that does alterations to have them do some work on it so that it doesn't look quite so scraggly as it's over 30 years old and the wear is showing but it's still a very good coat. Then picked up my Kroger order. After I got done putting those provisions away I checked my email and saw that my WalMart order was ready for pick up so I went to get that. I will be glad when it's time to "shut down" for the day - - I'm tired. Haven't seen precious Buster yet today. When I got back with my Kroger order the yard contractor was doing more maintenance, so I'm hoping his mom and dad were able to keep him inside his home safe from the noisy and scary machinery.

Tracy, as always it's a blessing sharing your news that your precious prince Tang is doing well. I hope today is treating you, your precious prince Tang, and Anne kindly, and I continue to keep all the community waifs in my thoughts and prayers that they are safe, well, and comfortable in the summer temperatures. I hope you, your precious boy, and Anne can have blissful, peaceful, cozy moments blessed with your beloved Sir Thomas' and princess Theresa's sweet Living Spirits to comfort you. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Tang and Anne. Please know you, your precious boy, and Anne are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you, your precious prince Tang, and Anne are doing, along with the community waifs, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas and princess Theresa.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------
In heaven's perfect garden there is no grief or pain, and all of God's creation join the angels' sweet refrain.

The most blessed way I have of knowing God's comforting love and grace is to look into the eyes and heart of God's creatures' sweet angelic face.

+Quote Post
Tom's Dad
post Aug 15 2019, 06:32 PM
Post #6905

Hello moon_beam. Sunny and warm (83) greetings. I hope you are doing well. Sounds like you had a busy day. Sorry Buster didn't come by. I hope he and Bonnie are doing OK.

Work was OK. I had my first 1 on 1 with my manager and she seems pleased with my work. Just watch the attendance (she even said come in if you can when you're sick so I can send you home so you don't get points) and tips for more 100s on my QAs. She talked like converting me at my 90 days (09/14) to FTE is a done deal and to just remind her so she can start the paperwork.

Tang was happy to see me when I got home. He's doing well and has had his supper and shot and will get his treats when I put food out for the local waifs. Tabby is the only one I've been seeing, but she's a character happy.gif

I hope you have had a good day and that you will have a pleasant evening watched over by your beloved fur-ever angels. Blessings.

T

--------------------
Her hardest hue to hold.
But only so an hour.
So Eden sank to grief,
Nothing gold can stay.

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post Aug 16 2019, 02:03 PM
Post #6906

Forum Moderator

Hi, Tracy, sunny humid 80-ish T G I F greetings to you, your precious prince Tang, and Anne. I hope this finds each of you doing well and in good spirits.

Sounds like your review with your supervisor was positive - - at the very least a far better improvement over what you have experienced with previous employers. I do understand how hard it will be for you to drag yourself into the office when you're not feeling well to have your supervisor send you home - - but if it will help you to keep your job then I guess it's a "game" you and the other employees will need to play. I hope your promotion goes through as you surmise from what your supervisor told you yesterday. Please let us know how things go.

It's been a slow day here which is a welcome change from yesterday's activities. Sweet Buster has come by for a visit. He's taking a nap on the secretary desk as I'm writing to you. He did come by for a brief visit early yesterday evening, as did beautiful Bonnie. It was good seeing them both after a very busy day.

Tracy, thank you so much for sharing your news that your precious prince Tang is doing well. I hope today is treating you, your precious prince Tang, and Anne kindly, and I continue to keep all the community waifs in my thoughts and prayers that they are safe, well, and comfortable in the summer temperatures. I hope you, your precious boy, and Anne can have blissful, peaceful, cozy moments blessed with your beloved Sir Thomas' and princess Theresa's sweet Living Spirits to comfort you. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Tang and Anne. Please know you, your precious boy, and Anne are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you, your precious prince Tang, and Anne are doing, along with the community waifs, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas and princess Theresa.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tom's Dad
post Aug 16 2019, 06:07 PM
Post #6907

Hello moon_beam. Sunny and very warm (88) greetings to you. I hope you are doing well. Glad to hear both Buster and Bonnie paid you a visit today and I hope they are both doing OK.

Work would have been uneventful but for the fact that all the FTEs had a meeting at 3:45 leaving just contractors on the phone. Which was 2 including myself dry.gif

Tang was happy to see me when I got home. He's had his supper and shot and will get his treats later when I put the food out for the local waifs. He seems to be doing well.

I hope you have had a good day and that you will have a pleasant evening in the company of your precious fur-ever angels. Blessings.

T

--------------------
Her hardest hue to hold.
But only so an hour.
So Eden sank to grief,
Nothing gold can stay.

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post Aug 17 2019, 03:22 PM
Post #6908

Forum Moderator

Hi, Tracy, sunny hot humid 90-ish Caturday greetings to you, your precious prince Tang, and Anne. I hope this finds each of you doing well and in good spirits.

Sounds like yesterday had some challenges at work but hope you were able to leave at the end of your shift rather than have to stay over until the meeting ended.

Today has been busy reconciling the checkbook with the bank statement and getting receipts coordinated and ready for filing. My brother came by to help me with a project. I got a new, and better, TV antenna so he put it together and through some trial and error testing of best places for reception turns out the attic gives the best reception while keeping all my channels. But it was hot in the garage and he needed some tools that I don't have, so we called it a day. I still have the "old" antenna hooked up until he comes back to do the final installation for me whenever it's convenient for him. Sweet Buster came by while we were working on this project, and sadly I wasn't able to focus on him - - so he left. I hope he'll come back before the evening so that we can have a proper visit for awhile.

Tracy, it's always a blessing sharing your news that your precious prince Tang is doing well. I hope today is treating you, your precious prince Tang, and Anne kindly, and I continue to keep all the community waifs in my thoughts and prayers that they are safe, well, and comfortable in the summer temperatures. I hope you, your precious boy, and Anne can have blissful, peaceful, cozy moments blessed with your beloved Sir Thomas' and princess Theresa's sweet Living Spirits to comfort you. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Tang and Anne. Please know you, your precious boy, and Anne are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you, your precious prince Tang, and Anne are doing, along with the community waifs, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas and princess Theresa.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tom's Dad
post Aug 17 2019, 06:42 PM
Post #6909

Hello moon_beam. Sunny and very warm (90) Caturday greetings to you. I hope you are doing well. Sorry you weren't able to get your new antenna installed today and that is inhibited your visit with Buster. I hope he came back and that he and Bonnie are both doing OK.

Today we had lunch at Zaxby's again. From there we went to what we thought was a street fair but was just a shopping center tent sale. Oh well. From there we went to Half Price Books to get some activity books for Anne's Nephew's B-Day party tomorrow. Then we went down to Petsmart where both cat and dog rescue groups are still there. I got to hold a black kitty named Bug who almost fell asleep on my shoulder happy.gif From there it was Walmart for some supplies and home.

Tang is doing well. He's had his supper and shot and will get his treats later. I already put the waif food out as I saw Tabby's little paws sticking out of the bottom of Anne's car. She's looking better these days.

I hope you have had a good day and will have a pleasant evening in the company of your precious fur-ever angels. Blessings.

T

--------------------
Her hardest hue to hold.
But only so an hour.
So Eden sank to grief,
Nothing gold can stay.

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post Aug 18 2019, 01:48 PM
Post #6910

Forum Moderator

Hi, Tracy, hot humid 90-ish Sunday greetings to you, your precious prince Tang, and Anne. I hope this finds each of you doing well and in good spirits.

I can imagine how wonderful you felt when sweet little Bug felt safe enough to fall asleep on your shoulder. I can imagine how your heart strings tugged to want to take him home. And how cute that you saw precious Tabby's paws poking out under Anne's car waiting patiently for the evening provisions.

It's a quiet calm day here at the condo complex. Sweet precious Buster is here visiting with me as I'm writing to you. He's settled next to me on the settee here in the computer area.

Tracy, as always it's a blessing sharing your news that your precious prince Tang is doing well. I hope today is treating you, your precious prince Tang, and Anne kindly, and I continue to keep all the community waifs in my thoughts and prayers that they are safe, well, and comfortable in the summer temperatures. I hope you, your precious boy, and Anne can have blissful, peaceful, cozy moments blessed with your beloved Sir Thomas' and princess Theresa's sweet Living Spirits to comfort you. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Tang and Anne. Please know you, your precious boy, and Anne are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you, your precious prince Tang, and Anne are doing, along with the community waifs, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas and princess Theresa.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tom's Dad
post Aug 18 2019, 07:08 PM
Post #6911

Hello moon_beam. Sunny and hot (89) greetings to you. I hope you are doing well. Glad to hear Buster came by and I hope he and Bonnie are doing OK.

Didn't do much today as I was not feeling well. I did get down to feed the waifs at the old place and saw Little Gray and Tux Jr which was a pleasant surprise.

I had to send Anne to the Kroger with my debit card as I wasn't up to the shopping. Or her nephew's B-Day party either. But I didn't feel like dealing with some of those folks anyway.

Tang is well and has had his supper and shot. He'll get his treats later on. I already put the provisions out for the local waifs but haven't seen any of them yet.

I hope you have had a good day and will have a pleasant evening watched over by your beloved fur-ever angels. Blessings.

T

--------------------
Her hardest hue to hold.
But only so an hour.
So Eden sank to grief,
Nothing gold can stay.

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post Aug 19 2019, 12:55 PM
Post #6912

Forum Moderator

Hi, Tracy, sunny hot humid 90-ish Monday greetings to you, your precious prince Tang, and Anne. I hope this finds each of you doing well and in good spirits.

I'm sorry you weren't feeling well yesterday but you did the right thing to stay home and rest after you provisioned the waifs at your previous residence. How nice that you saw Little Gray and Tux Jr - - that was indeed a pleasant surprise. I hope Anne's nephew's birthday party went well. And I hope you are feeling better today

Got caught up on a couple of emails today. Sweet Buster is here keeping me company. I don't know exactly where he is at the moment but I know he's somewhere in my bedroom. Beautiful Bonnie came by for a brief visit while I was outside for a few minutes but she didn't want to come in.

Tracy, thank you so much for sharing your news that your precious prince Tang is doing well. I hope today is treating you, your precious prince Tang, and Anne kindly, and I continue to keep Tux Jr, Little Tux, White Cat, Bobtail, Little Gray, Little Bit, Tweak, Princess, Dulcinea, Butters, Fluffy, Ferdinand, Socks, Tabby, and all the community waifs in my thoughts and prayers that they are safe, well, and comfortable in the summer temperatures. I hope you, your precious boy, and Anne can have blissful, peaceful, cozy moments blessed with your beloved Sir Thomas' and princess Theresa's sweet Living Spirits to comfort you. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Tang and Anne. Please know you, your precious boy, and Anne are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you, your precious prince Tang, and Anne are doing, along with the community waifs, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas and princess Theresa.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tom's Dad
post Aug 19 2019, 06:23 PM
Post #6913

Hello moon_beam. Sunny and hot (96) greetings to you. I hope you are doing well. Glad to hear Buster and Bonnie visited and I hope they are both doing OK.

I was feeling better at the start of the day. So, remember the FTE meeting I told you about Friday? We RemX people had one today. Seems that the Takeda/Shire merger we already knew about is taking a turn for the ugly. They say we have to go to the other location clear on the other side of town starting 09/09/2019 ohmy.gif I emailed the RemX person and spoke to my manager and we are trying to see if I can get on another team so I can stay at the close by location. They let the woman who sat next to me do it so she could have an earlier schedule to be able to pick up her daughter from day care. I don't see why they can't do it for me. The buses don't run often or very late and it's a 2 hour trip one way mad.gif

On the other hand, Tang is well. He's had his supper and shot and will get his treats later when I put out the food for the local waifs. I hope you have had a good day and that you have a pleasant evening in the company of your precious fur-ever angels. Blessings.

T

--------------------
Her hardest hue to hold.
But only so an hour.
So Eden sank to grief,
Nothing gold can stay.

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post Aug 20 2019, 01:41 PM
Post #6914

Forum Moderator

Hi, Tracy, hot humid 90-ish Tuesday greetings to you, your precious prince Tang, and Anne. I hope this finds each of you doing well and in good spirits.

It never ceases to amaze me how a company can royally screw up their employees' lives on the job. I'm keeping you in my thoughts and prayers that your manager will be able to help keep you at your current location. This seems to be the best job you've had for quite awhile and it is so much easier for you transportation-wise. Please let us know how things go.

Couldn't get to sleep very easily last night so instead of lying in bed looking at the ceiling and tossing and turning I got up and worked on some financials on the computer. That must have been on my mind because as soon as I was done I was able to go back to bed and fall asleep. This morning I got the payments for September logged into my checkbook so now all I need to do is begin writing checks for the bills I can't pay online. I'll begin scheduling the online payments on Friday or Saturday. Sweet Buster is here keeping me company taking a nap on the Secretary Desk as I'm writing to you. Beautiful Bonnie came by a few minutes ago but wouldn't come inside for a visit.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tom's Dad
post Aug 20 2019, 06:17 PM
Post #6915

Hello moon_beam. Rainy day greetings to you. I hope you are doing well. Glad to hear Buster and Bonnie paid you visits today and I hope they are both doing OK.

This morning I sent an email to my manager. She responded that she talked to her manager yesterday who then talked to the RemX rep who was supposed to get back with me today. She didn't dry.gif

Tang is doing well though. He's had his supper and shot and will get his treats later when I put food out for the local waifs. Tabby is my only early regular, but we've been seeing Socks later in the evening off and on.

I hope you have had a good day and that you will have a pleasant evening watched over by your beloved fur-ever angels. Blessings.

T

--------------------
Her hardest hue to hold.
But only so an hour.
So Eden sank to grief,
Nothing gold can stay.

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post Aug 21 2019, 01:20 PM
Post #6916

Forum Moderator

Hi, Tracy, sunny hot humid 90-ish Wednesday greetings to you, your precious prince Tang, and Anne. I hope this finds each of you doing well and in good spirits.

I guess I'm a bit confused: Please correct me if I'm wrong: You are now an employee of McKesson. I presume your paycheck comes from McKesson. I was under the impression that Remx was the referral agency that you worked through to get the job - - even though it wasn't a smooth transaction by any stretch of the imagination. So why would Remx be involved in your employer's / manager's decision to keep you employed at your current location? Because you went through Remx are you considered a "contract employee" - - thus requiring Remx to "approve" your job location? Whatever the situation is I am keeping you in my thoughts and prayers that your manager is able to make arrangements for you to stay at your current location. Please let us know how things go.

Not much going on here at the condo complex today. Precious Buster is on my bed taking a nice nap as I'm writing to you.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tom's Dad
post Aug 21 2019, 06:09 PM
Post #6917

Hello moon_beam. Cloudy and warm (89) greetings to you. I hope you are doing well. Glad to hear Buster stopped by and hope he and Bonnie are both doing OK.

I'm a RemX employee. I won't be eligible to transition until 09/14. The client of McKesson (Takeda) is making that decision. I was able to speak with the RemX rep today though. What she tried to say without saying it, I think, is I can say my last day on this assignment will be 09/06 and I'm not making the move. Then 09/09 call RemX and say I'm available for a new assignment which would be at the location I'm at in a different roll. I talked it over with Anne and we feel it's a better option than moving as even with her dad giving me rides home (which would only be temporary) it's not sustainable.

Tang is doing well and has had his supper and shot. He will get his treats later when I put food out for the local waifs. I hope you have had a good day and that you will have a pleasant evening in the company of your precious fur-ever angels. Blessings.

T

--------------------
Her hardest hue to hold.
But only so an hour.
So Eden sank to grief,
Nothing gold can stay.

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post Aug 22 2019, 12:11 PM
Post #6918

Forum Moderator

Hi, Tracy, sunny hot humid 90-ish Thursday greetings to you, your precious prince Tang, and Anne. I hope this finds each of you doing well and in good spirits.

WOW!! So - - will you continue to go to work at your current location while Remx is working with your current manager to keep you there? I'm hoping the Remx rep you spoke with yesterday will remember the conversation so that you don't have to go through all the headache you had getting your current job. Please let us know how things go.

Worked on financials today starting the process of scheduling online payments for upcoming bills. Had technical challenges with my desk top after updates had been done to both Windows and the internet security program. After doing the restart several times without any improvement I completely shut down the computer, unplugged it and the router, waited a few minutes then plugged everything back in and turned the computer back on, and that seemed to f i n a l l y "debug" whatever was causing the glitches. Sweet Buster hasn't come by yet for a visit today but I hope to see him before the afternoon is over.

Tracy, thank you so much for sharing your news that your precious prince Tang is doing well. I hope today is treating you, your precious prince Tang, and Anne kindly, and I continue to keep all the community waifs in my thoughts and prayers that they are safe, well, and comfortable in the summer temperatures. I hope you, your precious boy, and Anne can have blissful, peaceful, cozy moments blessed with your beloved Sir Thomas' and princess Theresa's sweet Living Spirits to comfort you. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of your precious Tang and Anne. Please know you, your precious boy, and Anne are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you, your precious prince Tang, and Anne are doing, along with the community waifs, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Sir Thomas and princess Theresa.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tom's Dad
post Aug 22 2019, 06:16 PM
Post #6919

Hello moon_beam. Cloudy and warm (83) greetings to you. I hope you are well. Sorry to hear about your tech issue but glad Buster was there for you. I hope he and Bonnie are doing OK.

No, I will not be able to stay on my current manager's team. That's kind of the issue. That team MUST go to East Point per the client. What the Remx rep is saying is I will say due to being unable to make the move I am ending my "current" assignment on 09/06/2019. Then call them and get a new assignment Monday 09/09/2019. Which should be a different dept at Jeff Commons assuming she's being straight with me. It will probably reset my 90 clock, but that's to RemX's benefit monetarily.

Tang is doing well and has had his supper and shot. He'll get his treats later when I put the food out for the waifs here. I hope you've had a good day and that you will have a pleasant evening watched over by your beloved fur-ever angels. Blessings.

T

--------------------
Her hardest hue to hold.
But only so an hour.
So Eden sank to grief,
Nothing gold can stay.

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post Aug 23 2019, 12:40 PM
Post #6920

Forum Moderator

Hi, Tracy, sunny humid 80-ish T G I F greetings to you, your precious prince Tang, and Anne. I hope this finds each of you doing well and in good spirits.

I'm so sorry you're having to go the route of re-applying for another job at McKesson. I can just imagine how aggravating this is for you. What about your income during this time - - will you have anything to rely on? I'm keeping you in my thoughts and prayers that you'll receive a reassignment quickly, my friend, - - and with a supervisor / manager who will be at least as supportive of you as the one you've had there already. Please let us know how things go.

It's been an interesting day here. The smoke detector in the guest bedroom decided to start sounding off around 7 a.m.. At first it was brief intermittent beeps, and then around 7:30 it set off the rest of the detectors briefly (there are 4 total) - - then stopped, then resumed its intermittent beeps. So I got up on my nifty safety step ladder and pushed the re-set button which seemed to satisfy all the detectors. Then around 10 a.m. or so the detector in the guest bedroom started beeping again. There is no reason for it to beep - - I wasn't cooking (I run a table top fan on top of the refrigerator when I cook), there was no smoke at all in the condo, and there were no flames. So again I climbed the safety step ladder to press the re-set button but this time the re-set didn't last very long. So I called the condo office to let the admin secretary know what was happening and supposedly since the detectors are hard-wired the electrician who is on record of doing the installation has to come to "troubleshoot" the problem. IN ADDITION while all this stuff was going on I turned on my lap top today to do the security updates for both Windows 7 and my internet security program, and encountered the same problem I had yesterday with my desk top. Only this time I wasn't able to resolve the technical issue. So I called AVG and the tech rep did a remote access into my lap top to diagnose the problem. After trying this, that, and another thing the tech decided to uniinstall the security program and then reinstall it - - to the tune of $159 which gives me a year's technical support on both my lap top and my desk top. Everything seems to be working okay now. In the course of doing the trouble-shooting the tech rep discovered that somehow McAfee had been installed on my laptop - - not by me - - at least not knowingly. It could have come already installed when I bought the lap top 8 or 9 years ago - - it was discovered running in the background not obvious in the Programs folder. So the tech deleted that which is fine with me. The tech rep did tell me that other customers had also encountered a problem with the Windows updates and AVG's, and the rep also told me that my lap top looks to be in good shape technically-wise for at least another 7 to 10 years. So that's really good news. So this just leaves the mystery of the smoke detectors to figure out.

Sweet Buster has come by to visit with me. I am enjoying his second visit of the day as I'm writing to you. At the moment he's stretched out on the table in front of the window on the garage side of the condo taking a nap.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------

+Quote Post

358 Pages V  « < 344 345 346 347 348 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 02:04 PM