IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Iggy Is Four Today!
Jon730
post Mar 16 2012, 08:57 AM
Post #1

Group: Pet Lovers
Member No.: 4,585

Ignatius The Great begins the fourth year of His Reign today!

Last year we had a health scare which costs thousands. When we brought Zacchary home, he brought a kennel-cough like thing home.
But even after clearing that up, Iggy had digestive issues, running in terror with diarreah.
At one point, the Vet said, "They HATE this..I had better get the Tech to help: I have to give him a rectal exam."
Poor Iggy was howling and roaring like a lion..And he is usually such a sweet cat!
So I said to him, "Son, This is why I always tell you to stay out of prison!"
The Vet and the tech broke up in helpless laughter. The laughter shocked Iggy so much he shut up.

AFTER all this, and the $$$, we solved the issue. Iggy was secretly breaking into, and gorging himself on the bag of Iam's Hairball food we had for the longhair cats! It contained BEET PULP and mineral oil, and was a kind of Nuclear Grade Laxative in the amounts he was stealing.

He now weighs fifteen pounds, and we continue to grow closer as friends. My wife is convinced Iggy considers me his pet. He STARES at me and makes me do things. Some time ago, I had said, " I wish I could talk to Iggy, just for an hour, so we could understand each other better."
But that was silly. We communicate perfectly, as long as I remeber who is the boss.

The only tension we have is for regular shots and checkups. "You AIN'T BRINGING ME TO THAT PREVERT AGAIN, ARE YOU???"

This new beginning has been four years long, now. But with an animal friend, it is ALWAYS a new beginning, isn't it? They have minds, they change and grow. They abandon some tricks and games, and make up new ones.

--------------------
Miles, my friend and Cat-Wife. 3-11-2008
The Sweetest Cat in my Universe.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 05:30 AM