IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules Site Rules and Courtesies
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What Single Thing Did Your Departed Pet Do To Make You Smile?
LS Support
post Jan 4 2011, 08:32 PM
Post #1

Forum Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

i'll kick this off by saying my tribble thought he was a dog. he would fetch anything at anytime. he had a 'rat' which was a jumble of yarn. he used to rabbit kick it...so cute. what wasn't cute was pulling some of the bright orange yarn strands out of you know where =)

--------------------

click map

Visit Our Website

Support This Site

Pet Loss Blog

Pet Loss Books

While all people here help each other, there are
times where an advanced degree of help may be needed.

If at any time you feel overwhelmed or consumed
by grief, it is always best to seek professional help.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cheryl83
post Jan 5 2011, 02:29 PM
Post #2

Group: Pet Lovers
Member No.: 6,508

My bunny Daisy used to DEMAND strokes and cuddles. If you were stroking her, then stopped for a minute, she would get annoyed and shake her ears then find your hand and stick her head under it so you had no choice but to continue stroking her. Then she would be so happy and literally pur like a cat. Made me smile everytime smile.gif

--------------------
It broke our hearts to lose you, but you didn't go alone,
For parts of us went with you ... the day God called you home

My beautiful Angel, Daisy - I will love and miss you forever xx

+Quote Post
LS Support
post Jan 5 2011, 05:32 PM
Post #3

Forum Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

pretty cool, i did not know bunnies could be so affectionate. she sounds alot like our current kitty in terms of getting your attention smile.gif

--------------------

click map

Visit Our Website

Support This Site

Pet Loss Blog

Pet Loss Books

While all people here help each other, there are
times where an advanced degree of help may be needed.

If at any time you feel overwhelmed or consumed
by grief, it is always best to seek professional help.

+Quote Post
Cheryl83
post Jan 5 2011, 06:41 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 6,508

QUOTE (LS Support @ Jan 5 2011, 10:32 PM) *
pretty cool, i did not know bunnies could be so affectionate. she sounds alot like our current kitty in terms of getting your attention smile.gif

I didn't think bunnies were that affectionate, until we got Daisy. She was the most loving, sweet little thing ever. She would follow me around the house, and put her head on my lap for a nap. She certaintly was one of a kind smile.gif

This is a great topic. I hope other people notice it and join in.

--------------------
It broke our hearts to lose you, but you didn't go alone,
For parts of us went with you ... the day God called you home

My beautiful Angel, Daisy - I will love and miss you forever xx

+Quote Post
sad
post Jan 12 2011, 07:48 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 6,483

My kitty would do the cute head tilt-I'm so cute pose which always made me smile. Also when he would arch his back and do that sideways walk which means-time to play-come on bring out the long string for me to chase. When he was very young he would even play "catch" with me with a ping pong ball-by batting it back to me when I bounced it to him.

+Quote Post
CorrieGirl
post Apr 26 2011, 01:12 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 7,081

My dog, Corrie, who I lost 6 days ago, used to bounce in place when we brought food around her. She would jump higher than my shoulders!!

+Quote Post
kaylasmom
post May 11 2011, 08:47 PM
Post #7

Member No.: 7,099

My cat Kayla would sit on my lap if I was crying and use her paw to wipe my tears away. It never failed to make me feel better. She also loved to play "fetch" just like a dog!

+Quote Post
Walk Alone
post May 12 2011, 09:36 AM
Post #8

Member No.: 6,880

Jet would lay on my chest when I was going to sleep and rub his nose against my nose. I miss my boy.

+Quote Post
sunshineboy
post May 12 2011, 10:35 AM
Post #9

Member No.: 7,098

My Gunna who we lost on the 14th April 2011 would get really annoyed if we would`nt get out of bed and he would stick his head under the covers and bite our toes, that soon made us move

I would give anything to be nipped again

--------------------
They say memories are golden
I guess that could be true
But I never wanted memories
I only wanted you x

Gunna`s Mum

+Quote Post
LeoTheLion
post Feb 11 2012, 01:21 PM
Post #10

Member No.: 7,468

My Leo love to attack cats, which is pretty bad because we have four, so most of the time I had him on a leash when I brought him into the house, when the cats were inside. He was pretty much stuck like glue to me because I had him on a leash and he would whine to be let off. However, when ever I let him off the leash in the house and he had full run of the place I would always find him either under me, if I was sitting at the computer deck, behind me, if I was cooking, or laying next to me on the couch. My sister or mother would always make a comment how even when he was not on the leash he was still stuck to me like glue.

That always make me smile.

I miss him not being next to me.

ps I'm trying to make the picture smaller. Just having some issues.

--------------------

Leo the Lion June 17,2008 to February 5, 2012

Buddy July 21, 2006 to June 7, 2013

+Quote Post
nicola
post Mar 4 2012, 10:22 AM
Post #11

Member No.: 7,506

My cat Lucy would put her neck round and look cute if she was happy.
She loved having a cover over her back.

+Quote Post
My Boo Bootsie
post Mar 5 2012, 03:29 PM
Post #12

Member No.: 7,501

My Bootsie was taught to play fetch by me at about 4 mos. old. She watched me take sponge ball and put it in a bowl on floor, then I'd take it out with mouth, drop it and hit or throw it and repeat. In about 5 minutes after sitting there watching me she ran after a ball i threw, picked up with mouth and teeth brought it back and dropped it in bowl. Then I took bowl and put it by my feet for a few days. She continued. Well the cutest part of this was not to long after we'd hear her playing and making her hunting sounds and while sleeping she decided she was going to still play "with her babies" as we called it-one night I felt a little wet sponge ball hit me in the cheek and there she sat staring at me(smiling to myself). I wasn't thinking so I threw it off the bed and she ran after it and brought it back up. Well, then I decided this is not cute or funny any more we have to break that habit, haha! She stopped and go on our night time schedule and learned to play with "her babies" during the day and evenings. She played fetch for 12 years and I can't tell you how many little sponge balls we bought over the years. She had her favorites...one we called ole yeller and the pink(pinkies) and occasionally a green one. She played ball right up to the day before she passed away(just a little over a week ago). I can't find her "ole yeller" baby yet...let me tell you what was cute is I could say to her when she was just siting there looking bored- "hey bootsie, you want to play with your babies? Go get mamma your babies" and off she would go looking for the right one...she would literally walk around the house smelling out the different ball/babies til she found "the one" she wanted to play with that day! I miss her so much and so many friends would come to my house and she would play fetch with me and they were amazed at how long she would play and say to me, wow...I've never seen something like that before with a cat because as soon as she dropped it she would hit my leg(she was never a outdoor cat that was able to hunt her prey, but this was her way of hunting/playing) and I was so happy to watch her enjoy her JOY of her game with her babies! Love you Bootsie Boo and momma misses her angel sent by God!

+Quote Post
Chandanimane
post Oct 23 2012, 09:17 AM
Post #13

Member No.: 7,795

These stories are so cute. smile.gif Zena would lay down on the floor in my bedroom as I was sitting in front of my computer and look over and whine at me until I got up and bent down to rub her belly. If I tried to ignore her, she would keep whining. If I did as she asked and then stopped, she would whine again. I tell you, she had me trained well!

+Quote Post
Chandanimane
post Oct 23 2012, 09:21 AM
Post #14

Member No.: 7,795

Oh, and for my other dog, Zeus, he was a 106 pound Alaskan Malamute/Belgian Shepherd mix who liked small places. Imagine that. He felt most comfortable pushing an armchair away from the wall and sticking his head behind it, as if he were in a cave or something. Zena, who was female and smaller than him, was the alpha dog. Zeus was the sweetie-pie in a big, furry dog’s clothing. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
LynnMiller
post Nov 14 2012, 08:50 AM
Post #15

Member No.: 7,809

My dog Lucymae would push a treat away in my hands if she did not like it. She would also talk a lot. I miss her dearly.

Lynn

+Quote Post
Tom's Dad
post Nov 17 2012, 03:27 PM
Post #16

Member No.: 6,946

My precious boy cat Sir Thomas always sat atop the easy chair I watched TV in and gently "petted" my head with his tail wub.gif

--------------------
Nature's first green is gold
Her hardest hue to hold.
Her early leaf's a flower;
But only so an hour.
Then leaf subsides to leaf.
So Eden sank to grief,
So dawn goes down to day.
Nothing gold can stay.

+Quote Post
breadandcircuses
post Jun 17 2013, 04:17 PM
Post #17

Member No.: 8,016

My dog Ernest was always on the lookout for squirrels. He had a bark that would go through your brain like a nail. There are a lot of trees on my street and, hence, a lot of squirrels. I called it Squirrel Gauntlet. When we'd drive down the street I would just whisper "Squirrel Gauntlet" and he would go ballistic barking. So loud my ears would ring but so funny. I miss my boy. I put him down on May 14. Patricia

+Quote Post
LoveMyMickey
post Jun 23 2013, 05:50 PM
Post #18

Member No.: 7,071

Mickey, our little doggie, would fluff up his beds with his front feet while making a funny sound, almost a bark. Then he would look around at us as if to say, "How's that?" Sometimes he would lay there and sometimes he would go lay somewhere else.
He brought us a lot of smiles and I miss him so much.

--------------------
"Love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation."

+Quote Post
Tom's Dad
post Jun 24 2013, 01:51 PM
Post #19

Member No.: 6,946

@ LoveMyMickey

That is too cute wub.gif Sounds like he was kneading it. I think Mickey may be part cat wink.gif

--------------------
Nature's first green is gold
Her hardest hue to hold.
Her early leaf's a flower;
But only so an hour.
Then leaf subsides to leaf.
So Eden sank to grief,
So dawn goes down to day.
Nothing gold can stay.

+Quote Post
LoveMyMickey
post Jun 25 2013, 11:36 AM
Post #20

Member No.: 7,071

Hi Tom's Dad,

I think he was part cat too. biggrin.gif .....He didn't give a lot of regular doggie kisses, but when he did, you knew it meant a lot. He would show his love by rubbing his face on pillows or other things or us....He didn't purr tho'. smile.gif ....He was a funny boy and I bet he has Sir Tom laughing a lot.

LoveMyMickey

--------------------
"Love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation."

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 01:33 PM