Forum Rules Site Rules and Courtesies

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> And Now My Sweet Phineas Is Leaving Me, My kitty is leaving me today
Sage's Mom
post Oct 1 2016, 01:37 PM
Post #1

Group: Pet Lovers
Member No.: 8,176

At this very moment my sweet Phineas, my kitty, is taking his last breaths. As with my doggie Sage, who went to Rainbow Bridge almost 3 years ago, I have regrets. Just in our nature I guess, to wonder if we have done all we can. I will spend the next precious moments with my precious kitty and perhaps come back later to post. It's just so hard, so hard. How we love our babies.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post Oct 1 2016, 02:00 PM
Post #2

Forum Moderator

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 4,861

Hi, Sage's Mom, please permit me to offer you my sincerest sympathies in this time of great sorrow as your beloved Phineas transitions from this earthly realm. I do so know from first hand experience how your heart is breaking, and the journey of deep sorrow that will envelope your coming days as you adjust to the physical absence of your beloved boy. It doesn't matter if this grief journey is our first experience or our thousandth - - each journey is uniquely painful because the relationship we have with each of our companions is uniquely individual. Please know you are in my thoughts and prayers during this time of great sorrow, Sage's Mom, and please know we are here for you.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------
In heaven's perfect garden there is no grief or pain, and all of God's creation join the angels' sweet refrain.

The most blessed way I have of knowing God's comforting love and grace is to look into the eyes and heart of God's creatures' sweet angelic face.

+Quote Post
Sage's Mom
post Oct 1 2016, 02:20 PM
Post #3

QUOTE (moon_beam @ Oct 1 2016, 02:00 PM) *
Hi, Sage's Mom, please permit me to offer you my sincerest sympathies in this time of great sorrow as your beloved Phineas transitions from this earthly realm. I do so know from first hand experience how your heart is breaking, and the journey of deep sorrow that will envelope your coming days as you adjust to the physical absence of your beloved boy. It doesn't matter if this grief journey is our first experience or our thousandth - - each journey is uniquely painful because the relationship we have with each of our companions is uniquely individual. Please know you are in my thoughts and prayers during this time of great sorrow, Sage's Mom, and please know we are here for you.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

Dear moon_beam, Thank you so much for your reply. He just left at 12:05 for Rainbow Bridge where I know he will be waiting for me. That's the only real comfort, the fact that we will be with them again. I spent the morning in bed with him and loved and cuddled him. I've been an RN for decades and have seen a lot of death and dying. What I don't get is why these innocent creatures have to suffer.

+Quote Post
Sage's Mom
post Oct 1 2016, 04:02 PM
Post #4

[quote name='Sage's Mom' date='Oct 1 2016, 02:20 PM' post='87122']
Dear moon_beam, Thank you so much for your reply. He just left at 12:05 for Rainbow Bridge where I know he will be waiting for me. That's the only real comfort, the fact that we will be with them again. I spent the morning in bed with him and loved and cuddled him. I've been an RN for decades and have seen a lot of death and dying. What I don't get is why these innocent creatures have to suffer.
[/quote

I'm still sitting in bed with my Phineas in my lap. I know that this is the last time in this life that I will be able to do that, and it is so hard, as you all know, to let go. Finally he is comfortable and out of distress. I just wonder what he is doing right this minute. Surely he arrived at Rainbow Bridge right away and is united with all his friends and relatives who have gone before him, including my nephew John who originally rescued him before he (John) died as a result of a drunk driver. I think John is probably holding him and humming "Aw-w-w," right now as he did when he rescued Phineas and his brother Sebastian. Their mother had been killed and the kittens were alone and frightened. John told me that this holding and humming comforted them, and he was right. When John died, I brought them home with me. From a congested city to the Sierra Foothills and a wonderful and safer life. I know my Phineas loved it here and I know he loved me.

I think they continue to love us because love never dies, energy never dies, so I don't even like to speak of their love in the past tense. I still love all of my furbabies who have gone before me and I believe they are still living where they are, and I believe they are aware and loving me back. We on this forum all hold to the hope that we will be reunited; but I don't just hold onto the the hope, I hold onto the the belief that we will. It is the only thing that makes these losses bearable.

So please hug him and hum to him once again John, until I get there to do it too.
[b]

Jennifer[/b]

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post Oct 2 2016, 10:50 AM
Post #5

Forum Moderator

Member No.: 4,861

Hi, Jennifer, thank you so much for sharing with us how you're doing. Although you have traveled this grief adjustment journey before, this prior experience doesn't lessen the deep sorrow in your heart for the physical loss of your beloved Phineas now. How blessed he was to have been rescued by your nephew John, and how blessed he is to have you for his Forever (auntie) Mom. I share your lament about the suffering our innocent souls endure as you share with us "What I don't get is why these innocent creatures have to suffer." It isn't "fair" at all. The only thing I can say is that - - at least for some like your beloved Phineas - - they know the loving compassion of a human heart who will do their very best to comfort them and soothe their suffering. There is no doubt in my mind that your beloved Phineas is now restored to his former youthfulness in the company of the angels and all his loved ones who are now keeping a loving, comforting vigil over you as you continue your earthly journey until it is your appropriate time to join them in eternal joy.

Until then, your beloved Phineas' sweet Living Spirit will always be a part of your heart and memories, Jennifer - - he is always and forever a heartbeat close to you.

Thank you so very much for honoring us in sharing your beloved Phineas with us. Perhaps sometime you would like to share a picture of him with us - - but only when / if you want to. I hope today is treating you kindly, Jennifer, and that you will have a peaceful evening blessed with your beloved Phineas' sweet Living Spirit to comfort you. Please know you are in my thoughts and prayers, and please let us know how you're doing.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------
In heaven's perfect garden there is no grief or pain, and all of God's creation join the angels' sweet refrain.

The most blessed way I have of knowing God's comforting love and grace is to look into the eyes and heart of God's creatures' sweet angelic face.

+Quote Post
LittleGirl's...
post Oct 3 2016, 07:08 AM
Post #6

Member No.: 274

Jennifer,

I so agree with your and moon_beam's words!

John is holding your Phineas and humming. wub.gif

Powerful words you wrote, and I believe they are true! : "I think they continue to love us because love never dies, energy never dies, so I don't even like to speak of their love in the past tense. I still love all of my furbabies who have gone before me and I believe they are still living where they are, and I believe they are aware and loving me back. We on this forum all hold to the hope that we will be reunited; but I don't just hold onto the the hope, I hold onto the the belief that we will. It is the only thing that makes these losses bearable. "

You mentioned regrets. I so understand. I'm still haunted by many, many regrets and I dread future regrets, if that makes sense. sad.gif It seems to be a universal feeling that comes with grief. I think that is why we find comfort on this page, with like-minded others to remind us of the things we need to hear and know.

I hope you check back to let us know how you are doing.

Prayers of comfort coming your way,
Kathy

--------------------
Compassion for all animals. www.earthlings.com

+Quote Post
auggiesmom97
post Oct 16 2016, 06:06 AM
Post #7

Member No.: 8,917

QUOTE (Sage's Mom @ Oct 1 2016, 12:37 PM) *
At this very moment my sweet Phineas, my kitty, is taking his last breaths. As with my doggie Sage, who went to Rainbow Bridge almost 3 years ago, I have regrets. Just in our nature I guess, to wonder if we have done all we can. I will spend the next precious moments with my precious kitty and perhaps come back later to post. It's just so hard, so hard. How we love our babies.

Hi Sage's Mom,

I am so sorry that you have lost your kitty Phineas. You have been such a comfort to me as I went through the loss of my Auggie.
I pray that our babies are together at Rainbow Bridge.
I know this is never easy, and how much it hurts to lose them.
Thank you for being here for me when I've needed reassurance, I pray the same for you!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 03:00 PM