Forum Rules Site Rules and Courtesies

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Strange Occurrences.......
Nemo's Mommy
post Aug 29 2008, 03:27 PM
Post #1

Group: Pet Lovers
Member No.: 1,268

OK, so I have to share this with you. This is so weird, and no, I'm not crazy, or making it up or anything.

Yesterday was the one week anniversary of my kitty Ren's death. About a month and half before that my cat Zorro passed away from cancer, so I have been having a really rough time.

Some very strange things have been going on the last two days, though.

Wednesday night my husband and I were sitting up in bed talking when the room became fridgedly cold. You have to know me to know what that means, I just never get cold for some reason. But the temp. in the room dropped 10 degrees or more. My husband was like, turn the fan off, and I was like, I don't have it on. So then I got up and went to the sink in the bathroom (this is where Ren would sit and wait for his treats every morning and night), and I felt a huge cold spot ONLY on the front of my leg, like something was there. I am talking cold, cold, cold, like not normal. There were no vents blowing on me. I turned around and told my husband, I think there is something in front of my leg. Then, it went away.

Then yesterday- and this is so weird. We were sitting and watching TV. I have other cats that were very good friends with Ren and Zorro. So, Jasmine starts playing on the ottoman (it's a big ##tail ottoman) with something that is not there. She continues to play and we watch in disbelief. She plays for a while, gets tired and comes and sits by me. She then proceeds to watch something that is not there (back and forth), like she would watch another cat. And not just the way cats kinda look around sometime. She was intently watching something. It was so eerie. It just gets weirder. Then, I am behind the couch and I looked down at my cat Tizer (who is the spitting image of Ren). Tizer looks at me and winks. Now this is weird because Ren and I used to play the winking game. I would wink at him, he would wink back at me, and we would go back and forth for a few mintutes. I also currently have the picture of Ren on my desktop at work, the picture is one of him winking at me. So I see Tizer wink, and then Jasmine was sitting by him, she looks up at me and winks. Then, Tizer looks away, and then all of a sudden looks back and me and winks. This went on like 6 times. Then, my other cat starts playing with something imaginary on the ottoman. At this point we are thinking, wow...

So later we go upstairs. Ren used to always follow me immediately up the stairs when I went. So Jasmine follows me up the stairs, and sits in the hall. I sat and watched her. She watched something imaginary move back and forth on the floor like it was playing, and then up and down the cat tree. As Jasmine's eye's travel up the cat tree to watch this "imaginary" at the very same time my other cat looks all the way up the cat tree like they saw the same thing. Then, Jasmine stood and looked down on the stairs. She watched something play on the stairs, up and down, up and down, partly up, all of a sudden down. I have no doubt she was seeing something I couldn't.

Finally I go to bed. I am fast asleep and my other cat Star is sleeping at my side. All of a sudden she wakes me up meowing, meowing, her greeting meow that she used only for Zorro. She rubs her head back and forth like she is rubbing another cats head, but she doesn't get up or anything. Just is meowing the hello greeting. I was so freaked out by this time I had to go down and get my husband, I was just totally freaking out.

Maybe some of it could be coincidence, but I can't get over the fact I know Jasmine was watching something play on the stairs, and downstairs that wasn't there.

So weird, isn't it???????
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Omarmommy
post Aug 29 2008, 04:05 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 4,900

Nemo's Mommy. I find that wonderful. I so wish I could have experiences like that where I know Omar is close and playing. That is a wonderful story. Hopefully you will have many more.

-Marcie

+Quote Post
sissycat
post Aug 29 2008, 05:18 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 4,783

I would be glad to have that happen to me!!!!
I did get to feel my Sissycat rub up against me several days after she had passed. I am grateful for that. Hopfully again someday.

Maybe you will have more to tell about soon.

Hugs to You!!!!!!!!!!1

+Quote Post
AngelCareOne
post Aug 29 2008, 08:02 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 4,797

Nemo's Mommy, that is so great! You most definitely had a visitor and we all know just who it was. Awww! I'm so glad for you and hope it happens again and again! Thank you very much for sharing with us your wonderful experience.

Many Blessings and Hugs!!! wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif

Always,
Dottie xoxoxox

+Quote Post
ann
post Aug 30 2008, 12:52 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 4,838

QUOTE (AngelCareOne @ Aug 29 2008, 09:02 PM) *
Nemo's Mommy, that is so great! You most definitely had a visitor and we all know just who it was. Awww! I'm so glad for you and hope it happens again and again! Thank you very much for sharing with us your wonderful experience.

Many Blessings and Hugs!!! wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif

Always,
Dottie xoxoxox

Nemos Mommy, Congradulations!!! You had a visitor. Keep an eye on your kitties. They DO have a sixth sense we don't. So, if they start up again, get invovled too somehow. Weird, yes. Special, absolutely. Don't be scared, just be greatful. After I lost my Arthur, long story short, I asked for a sign that I did the right thing, 'cuz I was never going to see him, or hear his purr, or meow. Next day there was a strange cat in my yard that looked so similar to him is scary. I have many strange cats that show up because of Piper, but none that looked like that. They all run from me except this one. He purred and meow and wrapped his fluffy tail around my leg, just like Arthur use to. And I never saw that cat again. I was happy I got my sign, but sad 'cuz I felt it was his way of saying goodbye. So enjoy your little visits. Ren is very much around you. Great story.. Hugs.. Ann

+Quote Post
Lucy1Josie2
post Sep 3 2008, 07:52 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 2,758

Hi, Nemo's Mommy --

Wow, that is really something. I don't think you're crazy or that you're making it up. I think you had a very special encounter. I had something happen once, too, where I "saw" my dog who had passed away, and to this day I can't explain it. She wasn't physically there in front of me, but I saw her (or my soul saw her?) with another dog. It was real, but not physical, I can't explain it any better than that. I always thought I would freak out, like you felt, if something like that ever happened to me, but I just stared at her and she stared back, and all I felt was interest and curiosity.

You're lucky and blest! I hope what happend brings you immense comfort and hope!!

-- Michelle

+Quote Post
Nemo's Mommy
post Sep 4 2008, 03:36 PM
Post #7

thank you all so much for your wonderful replies and stories, also. It is very comforting! I miss my little tykes so much!!!!! I think they do show us signs.

I thought that would be the last of it, but we had another "occurence" last Sat. night with Jasmine. It was during "treat time", which was Ren's favorite thing in the WHOLE world!! He never missed a treat time! The experience with Jasmine seeing and interacting with something that wasn't there was so surreal that night. It also happened in my bedroom. Whatever she saw crawled underneath the small sofa thing at the end of my bed. EVERY time she comes in the room now she looks under that and acts strange around it. The last time Ren was ever upstairs, he was under that. Hopefully it was my baby coming back for another "treat time"!

Ren (Rainbow bridge- two weeks today) Zorro (Rainbow bridge- two months) and Nemos (Rainbow bridge- 3 years) Mommy

+Quote Post
ann
post Sep 9 2008, 01:37 AM
Post #8

Member No.: 4,838

QUOTE (Nemo's Mommy @ Sep 4 2008, 04:36 PM) *
thank you all so much for your wonderful replies and stories, also. It is very comforting! I miss my little tykes so much!!!!! I think they do show us signs.

I thought that would be the last of it, but we had another "occurence" last Sat. night with Jasmine. It was during "treat time", which was Ren's favorite thing in the WHOLE world!! He never missed a treat time! The experience with Jasmine seeing and interacting with something that wasn't there was so surreal that night. It also happened in my bedroom. Whatever she saw crawled underneath the small sofa thing at the end of my bed. EVERY time she comes in the room now she looks under that and acts strange around it. The last time Ren was ever upstairs, he was under that. Hopefully it was my baby coming back for another "treat time"!

Ren (Rainbow bridge- two weeks today) Zorro (Rainbow bridge- two months) and Nemos (Rainbow bridge- 3 years) Mommy

Keep an eye on Jasmin, cuz the next time there's an encounter you can say hello to your baby Ren and blow kisses.. Wishing you many more "visits"..Ann

+Quote Post
Furkidlets' Mom
post Sep 11 2008, 12:21 PM
Post #9

Member No.: 961

These are just wonderful stories and evidence of signs and I'm so glad you shared them. wub.gif

I, too, have experienced the cold spots, though not to quite as high a degree, nor more than once or twice. But it IS one of the generally-accepted ways a loved ones' presence is felt by many.

Since I always ask them to accompany me on trips, I've had my kidlets send me rainbows (as well as songs, specific numbers, and other personal things) on every major trip we've taken (the last rainbow in an almost cloudless sky, with no rain around anywhere), and on the same trip (only a week ago), Nissa sent me her first cloud sign! ~ an extremely clear cat with large ears (as hers, and her brother's, were), looking upward....complete with an unmistakable ANGEL WING on her right shoulder!!! It blew me away, as I've been waiting for such a sign for 2 arduous and long years already. The only bad part is that, oh-so-stupidly, I was SO stunned that I didn't take a picture of it, though my camera was right in my lap!! AAARGHHHHH!!! I'm kicking myself every day for my 'unforgivable' oversight!

After Sabin had crossed over, I used to hear Nissa sometimes running around like a goof-ess at night (I'd be shooting up in bed, to see if I could actually SEE her brother with her), and then find the tablecloth on our 'play' table, where her and Sabin used to play Hide & Seek with each other, messed up. An animal communicator later told me in a reading that she was sometimes playing with her ('deceased') brother in that room. cool.gif biggrin.gif (no, I hadn't mentioned anything at all to the ACer) Sabin would also come through loud and clear through his sister, with her permission, and she would often be watching or hearing him, I assumed, coming either down the hall or the stairs, while I'd strain my Third Eye trying SO hard to share fully in the experience....to no avail. sad.gif I'd also hear Nissa jumping down onto the kitchen countertop, for months after she 'left', and I still often hear the couch creak, as if one or both of them are jumping up onto it.....and dozens of other such things.

I've written here before (long ago) about all the signs I've received from my kids, but the list just keeps growing every month since Nissa's been 'gone' and I'm now managing to fill a journal with them all. (A TIP: write them all down so you can go back and see how many there really were and take comfort from them!) I don't have any more kidlets of my own for Nissa (or Sabin) to come through, but they still manage to 'use' other visiting cats to do so when I need to 'see' them. Don't discount anything that you feel might be a sign, as our loved ones LOVE to be recognized for their efforts in trying to send us reassurance and their ever-abiding love. Just thank them at the time, and keep your eyes, ears, nose, touch and own sixth sense open for the NEXT sign of their presence, and it WILL come, whether it's subtle or large as life (the life they still have!). As Wayne Dyer says, "you'll SEE it when you BELIEVE it".....and even sometimes when you DON'T believe (in) it! These signs have been going on forever, and used to be considered "normal", but then were then discouraged for centuries and only recently are people starting to take back what they knew all along - that Life doesn't die. It can't, or it would be a contradiction of its own true essence!

You, and others, might wish to check out this site on ADCs ~ What Is An ADC? - by Bill & Judy Guggenheim, co-authors of "Hello From Heaven!" Another interesting read is this webpage: A NDE involving 'deceased' dogs

You're SOOOOO fortunate to have been given and shown such powerful and blatant signs from your dear Ren!! Take them at face value and let them do what they're meant to do - bring you comfort and assurance that he's not really gone anywhere. You just can't see him with your physical sight....at least, maybe not yet? Let your HEART and spiritual sense do the 'thinking' instead. He's there, he's there, he's still right there.... wub.gif

--------------------
"I dropped a tear in the ocean. The day you find it is the day I will stop missing you."

[center]~Anonymous~

<div align="center">"Not flesh of my flesh, Nor bone of my bone,
But still miraculously my own.
Never forget for a single minute,
You didn't grow under my heart - but in it"[/center]

~Fleur Conkling Heylinger~

>^..^< >^..^< >^..^< >^..^< >^..^<

"For one species to mourn the death of another is a noble thing"

~Aldo Leopold~

<span style='font-size:9pt;line-height:100%'>Life is life - whether in a cat, or dog or man. There is no difference there between a cat or a man. The idea of difference is a human conception for man's own advantage. ~Sri Aurobindo

Spay now or pay later, the interest is killing us.

</span></div>

+Quote Post
Nemo's Mommy
post Sep 11 2008, 04:38 PM
Post #10

WONDERFUL, WONDERFUL words Furkidlet's Mom. Thank you for sharing! I'm glad you have had the same kind of experiences.

Yesterday I got home from work, walked in the door, saw a cat walking down the stairs towards me, and I thought "Oh, there's Ren". I turned to put my bag down, and stopped. I thought, that can't be Ren! I turned back to look at the stairs, and there was nothing there. Maybe I was just seeing things, or maybe it was my sweet baby again. I mentioned it to my husband last night and he said he had had a very similar experience where he thought he saw Ren, but then there was nothing there.

Thanks again for the wonderful and encouraging post!!!

HUGS!
Ren, Zorro, and Nemo's Mom

3 weeks today, Ren. Missing you! 2 months Zorro- missing your silly meow! And Nemo, taken all too soon as a kitten, 3 years ago. My babies forever & ever.

+Quote Post
Furkidlets' Mom
post Sep 11 2008, 06:54 PM
Post #11

Member No.: 961

OOOOOOoooooo! I say again, you're SOOOOO very fortunate!! The closest I ever came to seeing one of my kids like that was seeing a dark shape, the size and blackness of my boy, Sabin, whizzing by me at times, but not head-on &/or looking like a cat. And never anything like this with my darling fur-daughter, Nis'. Mind you, even in physical life, her grey colour was hard to pinpoint, as she simply blended in with so many things around her! So maybe that 'splains it. But still, I'd give my eye teeth.....

However, there have also been other people on LS who've had full-blown visuals, even if likewise brief, like yours and your husbands.......and many of the rest of us are nothing if not green with envy! happy.gif

Nonetheless, I've noticed that my girl seems to prefer coming through other felines, whether I know them well or not, perhaps because she knows this will give her woe-begotten Mom the more fully tactile experience she so strongly misses and desires! To date, she seems to have convinced 3 other cats, none of whom even knew me well at the time, to give me KISSES RIGHT ON THE MOUTH, just like SHE always did! happy.gif wub.gif (and these were cats of various ages and temperaments) According to their respective people, they never did this with/to them, so........I couldn't help but feel completely blessed and in awe once again of the power and force that love is.

But see? If people shared more of their own experiences, like you and your husband just did with each other, and those of us here & in other places have, everyone would begin to realize that these things are as common (yet glorious) as the sky. And mark my words, in the coming years, all things metaphysical will become not only more openly talked about, but more frequent and powerful than ever before. So may as well get used to it NOW! laugh.gif

--------------------
"I dropped a tear in the ocean. The day you find it is the day I will stop missing you."

[center]~Anonymous~

<div align="center">"Not flesh of my flesh, Nor bone of my bone,
But still miraculously my own.
Never forget for a single minute,
You didn't grow under my heart - but in it"[/center]

~Fleur Conkling Heylinger~

>^..^< >^..^< >^..^< >^..^< >^..^<

"For one species to mourn the death of another is a noble thing"

~Aldo Leopold~

<span style='font-size:9pt;line-height:100%'>Life is life - whether in a cat, or dog or man. There is no difference there between a cat or a man. The idea of difference is a human conception for man's own advantage. ~Sri Aurobindo

Spay now or pay later, the interest is killing us.

</span></div>

+Quote Post
Nemo's Mommy
post Sep 12 2008, 05:00 PM
Post #12

That is so sweet! You got the kitties to kiss you on the mouth! I agree, that had to have been your sweet baby wanting to say "Hi Mom!" My Ren used to give me kisses on the mouth, too. It's so sweet when they do that.

Yes, I think they are discovering more and more about "metaphysical" now. I just think there is way too much proof to deny it anymore.

HUGS
Ren, Zorro and Nemo's Mom forever~

+Quote Post
openhearted87
post Sep 12 2008, 10:44 PM
Post #13

Member No.: 4,836

QUOTE (Nemo's Mommy @ Aug 29 2008, 03:27 PM) *
OK, so I have to share this with you. This is so weird, and no, I'm not crazy, or making it up or anything.

Yesterday was the one week anniversary of my kitty Ren's death. About a month and half before that my cat Zorro passed away from cancer, so I have been having a really rough time.

Some very strange things have been going on the last two days, though.

Wednesday night my husband and I were sitting up in bed talking when the room became fridgedly cold. You have to know me to know what that means, I just never get cold for some reason. But the temp. in the room dropped 10 degrees or more. My husband was like, turn the fan off, and I was like, I don't have it on. So then I got up and went to the sink in the bathroom (this is where Ren would sit and wait for his treats every morning and night), and I felt a huge cold spot ONLY on the front of my leg, like something was there. I am talking cold, cold, cold, like not normal. There were no vents blowing on me. I turned around and told my husband, I think there is something in front of my leg. Then, it went away.

Then yesterday- and this is so weird. We were sitting and watching TV. I have other cats that were very good friends with Ren and Zorro. So, Jasmine starts playing on the ottoman (it's a big ##tail ottoman) with something that is not there. She continues to play and we watch in disbelief. She plays for a while, gets tired and comes and sits by me. She then proceeds to watch something that is not there (back and forth), like she would watch another cat. And not just the way cats kinda look around sometime. She was intently watching something. It was so eerie. It just gets weirder. Then, I am behind the couch and I looked down at my cat Tizer (who is the spitting image of Ren). Tizer looks at me and winks. Now this is weird because Ren and I used to play the winking game. I would wink at him, he would wink back at me, and we would go back and forth for a few mintutes. I also currently have the picture of Ren on my desktop at work, the picture is one of him winking at me. So I see Tizer wink, and then Jasmine was sitting by him, she looks up at me and winks. Then, Tizer looks away, and then all of a sudden looks back and me and winks. This went on like 6 times. Then, my other cat starts playing with something imaginary on the ottoman. At this point we are thinking, wow...

So later we go upstairs. Ren used to always follow me immediately up the stairs when I went. So Jasmine follows me up the stairs, and sits in the hall. I sat and watched her. She watched something imaginary move back and forth on the floor like it was playing, and then up and down the cat tree. As Jasmine's eye's travel up the cat tree to watch this "imaginary" at the very same time my other cat looks all the way up the cat tree like they saw the same thing. Then, Jasmine stood and looked down on the stairs. She watched something play on the stairs, up and down, up and down, partly up, all of a sudden down. I have no doubt she was seeing something I couldn't.

Finally I go to bed. I am fast asleep and my other cat Star is sleeping at my side. All of a sudden she wakes me up meowing, meowing, her greeting meow that she used only for Zorro. She rubs her head back and forth like she is rubbing another cats head, but she doesn't get up or anything. Just is meowing the hello greeting. I was so freaked out by this time I had to go down and get my husband, I was just totally freaking out.

Maybe some of it could be coincidence, but I can't get over the fact I know Jasmine was watching something play on the stairs, and downstairs that wasn't there.

So weird, isn't it???????

that is so amazing. i personally dont believe there is any such thing as a coincidence. you shouldnt fear your angels. you are very blessed to feel their prescence so strongly. strange things happen to me too since my baby kitty acorn passed. i take it as a sign that he is letting me know he will always be watching over me and not as far away as he may seem. i hope you can know they are with you every step of the way. im sorry for your loss.you have gained some beautiful angels who are still there for you and your other kitties. my heart is with you.

with love corina and her angels

+Quote Post
Zita'sMom
post Sep 13 2008, 01:21 AM
Post #14

Member No.: 3,938

Hi Nemo's Mommy

I have had experiences like this. I've had visits in dreams where I could touch and smell my dog's fur, and the same with my husband's cat - I didn't know her long when she passed and probably couldn't adequately describe her markings, but I could see her vividly in the dream.

I've seen a lot of stuff from the "corner of my eye", but one I had that was the most striking was an actual 3D visual of my Zita straight in front of me, then she quickly faded out. I wasn't thinking about her at the time and there was no reason to think I was imagining it. This was before my next cat Ziggy died.

My two most comforting dreams that I've mentioned here before are of my family dog and of the first dog of my own. Our family dog was hit by a car when I was 15 and I was inconsolable, but a couple of days later in my dream he "told" me that he was happy and that he would always be there for me if I needed him. He was sitting in some rocks that looked like near our cabin at the lake where he used to love going. I was able to feel peaceful about him after that. My Merlin was 17 when he passed in 2006. He often comes in my dreams and in one of them he "explained" that when I thought of him he would be there, but that he was always safe and that I didn't ever have to worry about leashes or traffic or any sort of danger. I also had a dream about my Missy cat eating again - she stopped eating for a month before she died of liver cancer.

I wish I could make these events and dreams happen when I want them, but they just happen when they happen.

At least my Merlin makes it clear to me in my dreams that our relationship is still as close as it was.... I feel him very strongly at those times.

Jan.

+Quote Post
LS Support
post Sep 24 2008, 06:50 PM
Post #15

Forum Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

i've moved this to the Cybershoulder forum.

--------------------

click map

Visit Our Website

Support This Site

Pet Loss Blog

Pet Loss Books

While all people here help each other, there are
times where an advanced degree of help may be needed.

If at any time you feel overwhelmed or consumed
by grief, it is always best to seek professional help.

+Quote Post
nyzki
post Sep 27 2008, 03:43 PM
Post #16

Member No.: 2,799

No way are you crazy! I had something similar happen to me right after my boy Osi passed away. I was so distraught after his passing and was crying my eyes out. I had asked for a sign that he was ok. I got my sign by hearing a loud purr and, I knew that he was in a good place.

And keep watching your cats, they know that your other kitty is there for a vist. Cats are very Psychic and can detect and see things that we cant. Feel fortunate your beloved kitty came back to let you know that he is in a very good place.

Blessings
Boo,poppy,Muse, Nyzki

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 12:28 PM