Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Lost, My cat haven't come back
JuliaSC
post Oct 24 2013, 10:23 AM
Post #1

Group: Pet Lovers
Member No.: 8,140

Hello all!
I found this forum though google search when I was looking for tips and support to deal with missing cat.
My cat has been missing 6 days. Saturday I let him and his brother out. And my favorite and very special baby cat never came back. He is my number one! His personality is so calm and friendly, he does things I've never seen from other cats. You can just pick him up and he will lay in your arms until you put him back. My husband tried to play rough with him and this cat would never fight back, because he is just such a great laid-back cat! He is the best!
We have hanged flyers, added a post on craiglist, called microchip company, then like 7 different shelters in our area... No one had him.
I cry every day, even though I understand stress won't do me any good.
Reading some of your successful stories has helped me to get my hope back. I see that some cats came be missing weeks, months and even years and then make it back. It sure gives me the hope that my baby will be back too.
This is a horrible feeling. When my 13 years old cat died I thought I'd never adopt another one because part of me died with that cat. When I adopted Miles (well, my husband did actually, on Christmas, as a present for me to keep my company while he is gone for deployment). This cat made me smile, made other people laugh because of the things he does. He helped us adopt another cat (when Miles was little and we brought him to vet, we saw a kitten in a cage, Miles started playing with that kitty, so we had to adopt him). Since then they are the best friends. I also have 25 years old cat from my husband's grandma who passed away and we adopted her cat. Miles gets along with everyone, he is just amazing and unique cat. But now he is gone...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post Oct 24 2013, 12:38 PM
Post #2

Forum Moderator

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 4,861

Hi, Julia, please permit me to offer you my sincerest empathy as your precious Miles is missing. From first hand experience I do so understand how distraught you are, and I hope and pray with all my heart you and your precious Miles will be reunited quickly.

If I may suggest you may also want to put flyers in your local veterinary hospitals and clinics - - and talk to the receptionists to see if anyone has brought in an injured kitty for emergency treatment. Also, continue to go out and search for him, calling his name - - check under porches, in storage sheds, up trees, down sewer drains, etc..

I can so understand how the "not knowing" what has happened to your precious Miles is breaking your heart. Please know your precious Miles and you are in my thoughts and prayers that he will be safely and quickly reunited with you, and please let us know how things go.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------
In heaven's perfect garden there is no grief or pain, and all of God's creation join the angels' sweet refrain.

The most blessed way I have of knowing God's comforting love and grace is to look into the eyes and heart of God's creatures' sweet angelic face.

+Quote Post
JuliaSC
post Oct 25 2013, 01:51 PM
Post #3

Thanks for the reply.
I went to the store and saw a nice comfy cat house, and I promised to myself that when Miles gets back I'm buying that little house for him no matter how much it costs. I also told myself as soon as he gets back we are getting tags with our phone number and address to put on his and his brother's collars.

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post Oct 25 2013, 02:35 PM
Post #4

Forum Moderator

Hi, Julia, thank you so much for sharing with us how you're doing. Please know your precious Miles and you continue to be in my thoughts and prayers that you will very soon be reunited. Please let us know how things go.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------
In heaven's perfect garden there is no grief or pain, and all of God's creation join the angels' sweet refrain.

The most blessed way I have of knowing God's comforting love and grace is to look into the eyes and heart of God's creatures' sweet angelic face.

+Quote Post
Katherine Anne
post Oct 26 2013, 01:02 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 8,129

Julia,
I'm going to ditto what moon_beam advised: Walk around and look for him, call him.

I found my spaz of a cat after nine days of early-evening walking the neighborhood. Her calling back to my whistle from 2 blocks away is the most beautiful sound I have ever heard (she had a BIG voice!). She was about 1/2 mile from home, having found refuge in a cat-lady's yard. In Hanako's case, persistence and footwork paid off.

I sincerely hope you find your Miles. Those were the longest 9 days of my life.
Katherine

+Quote Post
JuliaSC
post Oct 26 2013, 11:20 AM
Post #6

Thank you for your advice!
Yesterday me and my friend went to the woods to look for Miles. We didn't have any luck.
I'm going to have session with an animal communicator.
And last night I had a dream that Miles was home!

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post Oct 26 2013, 12:27 PM
Post #7

Forum Moderator

Hi, Julia, thank you so much for sharing with us how you're doing. I have read some articles on the internet that there are actual "pet detectives" who do search and rescue for lost and missing companions. So you may want to check that out. Also, recently I saw on a national news broadcast that someone has recently invented a GPS transmitter that fits on our companion's collars and which can be tracked via the internet, cell phone, etc.. While this isn't helpful for your precious Miles at this specific moment, it is something you may want to check into when he comes home. I hope your session with the communicator will offer you hope and encouragement. Please let us know how things go, and please know your precious Miles and you continue to be in my thoughts and prayers that you will very soon be reunited.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------

+Quote Post
JuliaSC
post Oct 27 2013, 08:00 PM
Post #8

I just wanna die! I was talking to communicator and he told me my cat is trapped, he described utility closet by the pool. I went there with property manager, they opened it and nothing! My cat is not there! My cat possibly is trapped somewhere and I won't ever find him! He has been with no water and I lost my hope. I gave up. I don't know where to look and I have no energy to do it. I know my cat is still alive and there is nothing I can do. Could the communicator be wrong? I don't know. He described everything way too perfect, and even things about my cat that he couldn't guess. So I don't know what's next. It's over...

+Quote Post
JuliaSC
post Oct 27 2013, 08:04 PM
Post #9

It would be better not to know it and to just hope that he got picked up by people who fell in love with him and adopted. But knowing that he is trapped with no food and water and there is no hope. I have never experience bigger pain in my life, I know he is alive and I can't anything to help him. What can I do? I tried! I did everything I could! I hate myself for letting him out that morning and maybe if I never adopted him in the first place he would be alive right now. I just hate my life so much!!!!

+Quote Post
DannysMom
post Oct 27 2013, 09:17 PM
Post #10

Member No.: 7,464

Julia, if I may say this...please keep on searching for your Miles. What this animal communicator told you is not cut in cement. These people aren't perfect and they have been wrong. All this has done is upset you even more, and that was something you didn't need. This animal communicator is not your friend, and the supernatural forces that they get the "information" from are not your friends. Please keep searching for Miles. There are some real pet detectives out there who use dogs to find people's pets. Maybe "hiring" a bloodhound can help. Let the dog sniff on one of Miles's blankets to pick up his scent. These dogs' noses can pick up things and there is a good chance that a dog like this could find your Miles. Keep searching! Please don't give up. More than likely someone picked up Miles and took him in.

--------------------
Danny: March 4, 2001 - December 28, 2011
Tina: October 27, 1997 - April 28, 2012

To live in hearts we leave behind is not to die.

+Quote Post
JuliaSC
post Oct 28 2013, 07:55 AM
Post #11

QUOTE (DannysMom @ Oct 27 2013, 10:17 PM) *
Julia, if I may say this...please keep on searching for your Miles. What this animal communicator told you is not cut in cement. These people aren't perfect and they have been wrong. All this has done is upset you even more, and that was something you didn't need. This animal communicator is not your friend, and the supernatural forces that they get the "information" from are not your friends. Please keep searching for Miles. There are some real pet detectives out there who use dogs to find people's pets. Maybe "hiring" a bloodhound can help. Let the dog sniff on one of Miles's blankets to pick up his scent. These dogs' noses can pick up things and there is a good chance that a dog like this could find your Miles. Keep searching! Please don't give up. More than likely someone picked up Miles and took him in.

Thank you so much! I looked up for a detective, we don't have them in our area. I also thought doing another session with another animal communicator maybe. Maybe he was wrong. I mean everything he described is not accurate. Even the pool pump room was made out of wood and he said it's concrete block. He also said that Miles didn't travel that far and it was under 5 minutes. I went searching this morning again and there is not other building that is utility like type of closet which has chain link fence. I just pray God that someone will open the door to the she or whatever it is or that the communicator was wrong. You are right, I still choose myself to believe him or not, because I don't know if he is right or wrong. So I will just keep my hope and keep looking. Keep waiting and stay or try to stay positive.

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post Oct 28 2013, 10:32 AM
Post #12

Forum Moderator

Hi, Julia, thank you so much for sharing with us how you're doing. DannysMom is absolutely RIGHT about you're not giving up hope, and not depending too much on what the animal communicator(s) tell you. The one you have already spoken with only brought more pain and suffering to you - - you do NOT need this. If I may suggest - - call your local Search and Rescue - - perhaps through contacting your local police department. Tell them what has happened and if they have any recommendations. They may have contacts with individuals in the community who do "search and rescue" for companion animals but do not advertise. It's worth the risk to ask rather than not trying. And if you haven't already done so you may want to do a door to door contact with the other people living in your area and leave a flyer with them. And I have been thinking the same thing as DannysMom about your precious Miles, particularly from your description: "You can just pick him up and he will lay in your arms until you put him back." Perhaps this is exactly what has happened - - particularly with someone who has found him and taken him home.

I do know from first hand experience as a young child many years ago how devastating it is when a precious companion does not come home. It leaves a huge hole in the heart, and the "not knowing" what happened is torture to the soul. The longer the time they are missing the less hope there is in the heart of being reunited with them on this side of eternity. Whatever happens, Julia, it is important that you know the love bond you and your beloved Miles share will endure, and it is equally important for you to know you are not alone whatever happens. Please know you and your precious Miles are in my thoughts and prayers, Julia, and please let us know how things are going.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------

+Quote Post
JuliaSC
post Oct 28 2013, 11:53 AM
Post #13

QUOTE (moon_beam @ Oct 28 2013, 11:32 AM) *
Hi, Julia, thank you so much for sharing with us how you're doing. DannysMom is absolutely RIGHT about you're not giving up hope, and not depending too much on what the animal communicator(s) tell you. The one you have already spoken with only brought more pain and suffering to you - - you do NOT need this. If I may suggest - - call your local Search and Rescue - - perhaps through contacting your local police department. Tell them what has happened and if they have any recommendations. They may have contacts with individuals in the community who do "search and rescue" for companion animals but do not advertise. It's worth the risk to ask rather than not trying. And if you haven't already done so you may want to do a door to door contact with the other people living in your area and leave a flyer with them. And I have been thinking the same thing as DannysMom about your precious Miles, particularly from your description: "You can just pick him up and he will lay in your arms until you put him back." Perhaps this is exactly what has happened - - particularly with someone who has found him and taken him home.

I do know from first hand experience as a young child many years ago how devastating it is when a precious companion does not come home. It leaves a huge hole in the heart, and the "not knowing" what happened is torture to the soul. The longer the time they are missing the less hope there is in the heart of being reunited with them on this side of eternity. Whatever happens, Julia, it is important that you know the love bond you and your beloved Miles share will endure, and it is equally important for you to know you are not alone whatever happens. Please know you and your precious Miles are in my thoughts and prayers, Julia, and please let us know how things are going.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

Thank you so much! I find a lot of sense in your words.
I also went to my neighbors and gave flyers, then I hanged more posters with his picture around our block and on the main intersection. I put "Reward" on the first line, so maybe it will make people be more cooperative.
Last night I was crying so hard. Then I was prying God to send help to Miles and free him if he is locked or help me to find the way to where he is at. I actually feel much better like I have no suffering right now. I just believe that he is okay and I have this strong hope that he will make it back. My husband said we'll look for him until we find him or his body and we won't give up!
I think the animal communicator was wrong. I really do.
Now just doing everything we can and staying positive. We don't know what happened with Miles, so maybe he is all right in someone's house and the person so enjoying his company that doesn't wanna look for the previous owner. Unfortunately, Miles didn't have a tag. But he has a microchip, so the hope is there! Always!

+Quote Post
JuliaSC
post Oct 28 2013, 12:01 PM
Post #14

I wanna say thank you for the forum. It's such a relieve to know that someone understands you and not to hear words like "let it go, it's just a cat". Some people just don't understand how it feels. And if I'd compare it to having missing child they would just not agree. To me my cats are my family members, they are my babies.
I have special relationships with cats. I love all of them. There is something amazing about them like they are unique and the way they look the way they act and live they are... they are like little angels. No surprise they were sacred animals in some cultures.

+Quote Post
JuliaSC
post Oct 28 2013, 02:53 PM
Post #15

I just totally broke down. It has been 10 days since he left. I saw his picture on my phone where he is sleeping and the thought fly through my head that this is how he will look when he... you know. And I just can't anymore. I can't control my emotions. I don't know. I don't know how to stay positive. Someone's knock the door or when my phone rings I hope to hear news about Miles. But you know... I feel like if I let it go, it means I gave up. I just can't stay positive and just hope and hope. How can I eat and sleep if my baby could be hungry and thirsty. You know. It's just so much pain and so hard. I can't do anything. I just wanna lay in bed now and not to be here. I can't stop thinking about that morning. Why everything has happened this way? Why?

+Quote Post
DannysMom
post Oct 28 2013, 06:01 PM
Post #16

Dear Julia, my heart goes out to you. I cannot even imagine having my Mindy or my Shelley go missing. I would go crazy, and I can understand how you feel. But the thing is you don't know anything for sure, so let us hope for the best. Keep looking for Miles. Moon_beam shared some good information with you. Your best bet would be to keep looking yourself and to get a real pet detective who will use a trained dog to search for your Miles. You can also try going door to door and ask your neighbors. Some may not be aware of flyers you posted. In the meantime try to keep your other kitties inside, especially around Halloween, even if they are not black cats.

The best thing you can do is to keep yourself busy trying to find Miles. That will give you something to do and it will help keep your spirits up. I just read a story today about a woman who got her lost cat back after 2 years. I hope you find Miles a lot sooner than that. Please keep these positive stories in mind, and never, never, never give up! As to why this happened, we just don't know, and you can drive yourself crazy trying to find the answers. It is okay to cry, it helps. And I understand the pain you feel of not knowing where Miles is and if he is safe or not. Keep searching and keep believing that he will come back.

--------------------

+Quote Post
JuliaSC
post Oct 28 2013, 06:50 PM
Post #17

I tried contacting pet detective and this guy would travel to my state and wants 1700k and I'm not even sure he offers 100% guarantee. I'd pay this price for having Miles back, but I afraid he won't find Miles and it will be another waste of money. I don't see any pet detective in my area. And I don't even have anything for the dog to sniff because Miles hangs out on the porch or sleeps in different parts of the house, and there is his brother here, so it would be hard to pick up Miles' smell.
I think what if he is really trapped? Then with no water... But my husband said if he got trapped in a shed or garage, there is no way someone wouldn't open that door for so long. I does makes sense though. We just try to hope for the best. But it's so hard now after the communicator put those negative thoughts in my head.
Please, keep replying to me, guys, it really helps to talk about it. I'm going through so much emotional pain right now, I can't even compare it with anything. I had similar when my 13 years old cat died I was going crazy. But not knowing where my baby is and if he is okay hurts a lot. I feel very weak right now I just can't let it go and do anything else but researching things about lost cats and how to keep hope. I feel so guilty. I feel I wasn't good enough and didn't protect him from what happened.

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post Oct 29 2013, 10:49 AM
Post #18

Forum Moderator

Hi, Julia, thank you so much for sharing with us how you're doing. Unfortunately there are no 100 percent guarantees with anything on this side of eternity - - so it would be unrealistic to expect an absolute guarantee that the pet detective would be able to find your precious Miles. The only one who could do that for you would be his brother - - to lead you back to the last place he and Miles were together. However, only you will be able to determine if the cost of taking a chance on the detective would be worth it.

I agree with DannysMom that it is good for you and your husband to continue looking and calling for your precious Miles - - for it is the sound of YOUR voices that he will respond to faster than to a strangers. Call and listen - - this process repeated - - so that you may be able to catch even a glimpse of his voice calling back to you. If he's trapped somewhere it will be muffled, so you will need to listen carefully for a response. Also if he likes dry food, put some dry food in a container and shake it as you call for him - - letting him know that food awaits him.

When a tragedy strikes it is very normal for us to ask the universal question "why". Unfortunately there is no satisfactory answer that can truly soothe the deep sorrow in our hearts. The best thing to do is to try to keep focused on doing what you can to try to find your precious Miles, and to know that each of us are here for you for encouragement, support, and comfort.

I hope today is treating you and your husband kindly, Julia. Please know you and your precious Miles are in my thoughts and prayers, and please let us know how things are going.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------

+Quote Post
JuliaSC
post Oct 29 2013, 12:02 PM
Post #19

Hi there! Today I purchased detective with his online service where he makes the map for my area and gives his plan for the search. We're doing this now.
I also contacted that "communicator" guy asking refund for the remaining 30 min of our session (we did 30 min out of 1 hour that day). I don't wanna deal with him, because he is a liar! I told him how bad I feel after our session, that he killed my hope and made me think he has no water in the shed he is in. And this guy replied that he mentioned that my cat has access to water and food! WTH? I have the whole conversation on the recorder and he never mentioned it. So I know he is just all about money, charlatan!
I actually listen to my own instinct and gut. I look at my other cat and nothing has changed in his behavior much so he has better connection with his brother Miles and can sense that he is ok! I believe it!
I won't give up my hope. I hanged more posters where the detective mentioned and I have more stuff to do with the search. But I believe everything will be ok! Screw that guy who tells me scary stories.
Keeping my hopes up and waiting for Miles to show up. He will be treated like at a SPA when he is back!
Thank you everyone for the support.
I'll keep you updated! Have a great day!

+Quote Post
DannysMom
post Oct 29 2013, 06:45 PM
Post #20

Hello Julia, I am glad you're feeling a bit better and that you have renewed up. And I hope that the pet detective will be able to find your Miles. Had your Miles ever gotten lost before? I am glad too that you found out the pet communicator is a charlatan, and I am so sorry that he got you so upset. Sometimes cats hide in the weirdest spots, but I just think that Miles is in someone's household. He may have followed someone home or walked into someone's house and they assumed him to be a stray. Do any of your neighbors have pets missing? The pet detective gave you some good advice about hanging up more posters, and I'm glad that keeping yourself busy with the search is keeping your spirits up. Hopefully your Miles will be back home very soon. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 03:46 PM