IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules Site Rules and Courtesies
14 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> I Love You, Gretta, We're in our new house - hey our friends are here too!
Gretta's Mom
post Dec 6 2012, 07:52 AM
Post #61

Group: Pet Lovers
Member No.: 7,067

Hi my sweet Babyface,

There's trouble brewing in "Dodge" - everyone's getting under everyone else's feet and yelling and all the other stuff that goes on when there's a crisis and too many being are locked up under one roof. I'm sure you saw this kind of uproar many times while you were on earth. It's the exact opposite of loneliness - in a way it IS loneliness - everybody locked up in his or her own soul, crying for help, but each action of each person just makes everybody else sadder and madder. It's a mess that only gentle, loving dog spirits can help. I've asked Trevor to round up the troops and send down loving and gentle, soothing energy to the house.

Gretta, please forgive me for always aksing you to do something. You should have a chance to rest, run, sleep and play and be done with the troubles of the world. But the troubles of the heart are something only the gentle, patient, unconditional love of animal-spirits can help. And I know you have a HUGE store of it, Babyface.

Thank you ... for everything.

Mommie
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
LoveMyMickey
post Dec 7 2012, 07:15 PM
Post #62

Member No.: 7,071

Dear Sweet Mommy,

I have more energy now than I can use, so I have plently to help you as well as do the things we do here. Mommy, I am happy to do everything I can for you like you did for me while I was with you in my earthly body.

Trevor sent his mommy an Angel of Peace and Rest. I hope it helps. I hope all our doggie prayers help too......I love you mommy. wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif

Your Gretta

--------------------
"Love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation."

+Quote Post
Gretta's Mom
post Dec 9 2012, 07:26 AM
Post #63

HI Gretta-baby

Guess what! It's snowing here - remember that cold white stuff that falls from the sky? remember getting an A in socks and then an A in boots when we put them on your back feet cuz they got so cold? Is there sonw in the perfect World? There must be because it's so pretty but I know it must not be cold enough to make all the darling animals there cold and shivery. Your little borther - what a clown! He's lying down on the love seat with his head upside down over the edge and all four of his feet in the air. Just so he's comfortable.

Again, please send some peac and strength and love down to Trevor's mother - it's an all-the-time thing right now. And the love of animals is SO much more powerful than human love - where words get in the way.

Mommie loves you and misses you. Sometimes I think of how we counted the days on your last winter here and it makes me sad, but then I remember that up in the Perfecct World where you are, every day is a beautiful, comfortable day and then I'm a little happier again.

Have fun today, Gret-ski!

wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif

+Quote Post
Gretta's Mom
post Dec 10 2012, 05:10 PM
Post #64

Hi Babyface
Mom needs a little help for the next few hours. I'm going to get a test on my stomach and I have to drink a half gallon of PowerAde with some powder that makes you ... well... that stuff I used to pick up in bags when we went on walks.

Looks like I'll be in the bathroom full time tonight. Oh well, it's only for one night.

Too bad Little Brother had to go sleep at the vet for two days. Mommie can't take him out on walks with this medicine!!

Thank you Sweetie!!

+Quote Post
LoveMyMickey
post Dec 10 2012, 07:09 PM
Post #65

Oh My Dear Mommy, wub.gif

I hope you will be alright. We three Musketeers will get all the prayer paws together and say lots of prayers for you. Little brother might not get to sleep in his favorite position, but he will be okay.

Be careful in all that snow......I LOVE YOU MOMMY! wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif

Your Babyface, Gretta....

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gretta's Mom
post Dec 11 2012, 09:12 PM
Post #66

HI Love My Mickey

Thank you for all the good wishes. I turned out OK - just a little stomach irritation which I'm sure is due to a statin drug. I should have stopped that drug when it first started giving me heartburn but I am surely going to stop it now.

Little Brother is at a place where everybody loves him - where the heritage of Gretta has gone before him. He won't get his miles long walks - but then for a couple of days I won't have to walk miles in the FROZEN weather!!! I do miss him, though, his body and spirit fill the flat with warmth and life and love.

Gretta, thanks for getting mommie through this. You should have seen att eh horrible green stuff mommie had to drink - and drink - and drink. And then some awful clear stuff that tasted like acid. But mom's OK and just resting now. I'm going to get Little Brother tomorrow morning.
Sleep tight, my baby. You've earned it - you made it to the Perfect World. And Aunt Bobbie found a wonderful counselor at her big hospital and both her and Uncle Stan go together. It's good for her and for him. Thanks for your help in making this happen.

Just gotta sleep and go mack to work tomorrow.

Love ya' Babayface - and I can NEVER EVER thank you enough for searching the world over until you found me - your soul-mate and then choosing me to be your real-live mom. OH, honey, Mom loves ans misses you SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much.

For now ......

Mommmie

+Quote Post
Bobbie
post Dec 11 2012, 10:24 PM
Post #67

Member No.: 7,068

I LOVE YOU, TOO, GRETTA!!!!!!!!! (if I knew how to get hearts on here, I'd make a million)

Love,
Auntie Bobbie

+Quote Post
Gretta's Mom
post Dec 12 2012, 07:52 AM
Post #68

Good morning Babyface

Mom's OK but very tired this morning. I think my boss is getting alittle tired too of my working so slowly and slovenly. OH well, it's only this world. I'm going to get little brother this morning and maybe I change my mind and actually go in for the meeting my boss wants this morning. Thank you for being you, Babyface.

Your mom

+Quote Post
Bobbie
post Dec 14 2012, 07:48 PM
Post #69

TO: Gretta the Great

RE: I LOVE YOU!

XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO
XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO

XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO

+Quote Post
Gretta's Mom
post Dec 17 2012, 07:05 AM
Post #70

Hi Gretta, my baby

Did you see all the hugs and kisses from Auntie Bobbie? Isn't she the BEST! Send her some love and strength rays today OK?

it's winter here = cold, snow, ice. Every time this season rolls around I remember our last winter together - how you suffered from the cold, but that we HAD to go outside four times a day. How we put your pretty pink sweater on. (One time I put it on Little Brother and it was so small for him I had to CUT it off! Sorry, girl. I still have the pieces, though. I'd never throw then away.) How you always got an A in socks and in boots. Didn't we go through a lot of boots? Even the best ones were eventually worn through by the ice and cement sidewalks. If only I could put on your little sock and boots just ONE more time! But you're in a place where boots aren't needed, arent you?

Please round up the "gang" and sing a doggie and kittle and birdie and bunny song as you all send down love and strength rays to Auntie Bobbie, OK?

Thank you for being - yes, just for being, my baby girl/

Your mommie

+Quote Post
LoveMyMickey
post Dec 18 2012, 12:51 PM
Post #71

Hi Sweet Gretta,

Sounds like you were "cool", errr, "warm" in your winter outfits. I bet you were cute and got "bark whistles" from other doggies.......Mickey didn't like anything put on him, not even his cute sweater or raincoat, (which I can't find anywhere.) Wonder if he hid them, hmmmmm.....He did have his own thick winter fur coat.

Gretta, as your mommy said, round up the gang and sing some songs as you send down love and strength to Auntie Bobbie. Do the same for your mommy because she needs lots of love and strength too......I love you and your mommy. wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif

XOXO Auntie LoveMyMickey XOXO

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gretta's Mom
post Dec 22 2012, 08:28 PM
Post #72

Hello my sweet Gretta-girl

It's winter again here. Remember your socks and boots? We sure went through a lot of boots, didn't we? I think Little brother is going to need some, too. Today on a walk one of his feet got cold and he tried limping along on 3 legs. I bought him some boots today but I think I'll try them on another day.

Gretta, can I ask you a favor? Whatever it took for you to remain loving and hopeful when, after you were no longer of any use to your so-called owners and were conveniently "lost" or worse....could you send some down to mommie, please? After all that suffering and being scheduled for death and then rescued from the jaws of death and fed and cared for by a wonderful lady, you still had a heart full of love and gentleness ... and kindness. Remember on our walks .... people we didn't even know would come up to us and say how kind you were. Remember that adoption event when you slowly walked over to me and laid your head in my lap and pawed my leg and hopefully said, Please take me home?

Well, mommy needs some of that strength and gentleness and love right now. I'm lucky, though. At least I'm inside and not freezing to death and starving like you were. But I've been tossed out by someone I dearly love, I don't know why. Maybe there is no why. I just need your help, my Babyface. I love you like never before. My heart is crying, please can I pet my Gretta just one more time? I'll feel your rays of strength like warm sun on my heart, my Heart of Hearts.

Thank you, my Gretta-girl.

+Quote Post
My Doxie and Me
post Dec 22 2012, 08:58 PM
Post #73

Member No.: 7,200

Forgive me for the interruption as i speak we have never meet yet i see your love for a friend
that sings so loud as your voice carrys with kindness as Gretta leads your words she has so
much to say as you hold her close..you wish for all to hear her silence..as i speak out
of turn i watch as so much love passes through your Heart..I must say a few words..

As the passing of time brings words to light as we all sit by the window of life we ask a friend
Have we done enough...Have you taught me the ways to see..to bring your thoughts to light
I kneel to wish you a Happy life..As we sit in the window of life and ask why...My friend with
such kind words will bring light as a path we all follow in search as we sit where friends look
through a window of are loved ones will come once again..I wait for the true love only you
have within your Heart i gaze within the Snow that falls within reach...I watch you in silent
words as you sleep...
Attached Image
My true friend that has saved me i wish Heart felt words so others might see..As i wait in the
Window of life..I listen to the silence of your Whispers that await my Greeting i shall give to
a special Human as my paw print holds your heart..Each Tear that falls from my thoughts you
shall hear as I sit within the frosted glass i see within..As you speak my name i'am
forever yours..As i only know the life of a shelter that hides my pain...
A kind Heart holds my Sorrow as Jeanne brings life with each breath
i speak only to a friend that holds my thoughts...

When i play in the fresh snow fall you truly see my Happiness as my tail lays still until the Angel
holds my thought within each word i hear you speak as she saved my Life i have touched a Human
and she will never be the same... I speak without words.. yet only the purest of hearts will understand
With thought's of childhood dreams as each breath i can see your Love for we are forged with
each thought that brings pain as we see are friends play within are hearts...
Attached Image
As we stand at waters edge We bring blessing of are fallen with each brush of are hand..
A layer of fresh snow reveals true love where doudt lay within are passing we kiss the breath
that fades within are self and pray to are friends that we bring kindness to there hearts for we weep
as the passing brings us to are knees only to listen to are friends speak with silent words....
as each Tear falls a life time of memory holds are empty heart till we speak once more..

Forgive me i have nothing to comfort you or to say magic words..what i can give you is my Heart felt Thoughts
as an angel lays a paw upon your head..you did not choose yet you where choosen as you watch great snow fall
with happy tails that have never seen the true beauty of a golden heart as few can see..I watch from a distance
with tears as i find hope in your words...As Gretta looks out the window as she will see a true Angel
that shines within her heart As each foot step brings peace as she lays her head within your reach....

She will always be by your side to make sure you speak for her as Frost covers her every Breath as sight brings a picture of your heart...
She has a picture in her mind as you walk the stairs you can hear her speech...As Angels Weep...Attached Image
Jeanne please forgive me as i fight back my words seems i have little fight as i speak...I hope you understand my words..

From Jeanne
Beginning of winter and the wisps of memory we wish we could hold in are hands as we hold them in are hearts...You brake mine...
as the words i knew you could speak come to life...Thank you for the Heart felt Speech my friend;I fight my words yet i speak with
no thought tonight as your Good will is overbearing as my friend and i kneel as the kind heart you hold offers Hope...
Attached image(s)
Attached Image

+Quote Post
Gretta's Mom
post Dec 22 2012, 11:56 PM
Post #74

OH My Doxie

Thank you for the beautiful poem and the wonderful pictures of Gretta. They have reached right into the center of my heart and I can feel that soft velvet of Gretta's ears and the light weight of her muzzle on my lap. And how she used to lie down and I'd have to roll her over on her side to put on her baby sox and doggie boots because it was so cold outside. As you say, someday she WILL hear my voice and I will hear hers -as we meet on that great staircase to the perfect world.

God bless you My Doxie for your soothing balm of words and pictures on a weeping heart. I understand a little better and weep a little less because of your gift.

Gretta's mom

+Quote Post
Gretta's Mom
post Dec 25 2012, 07:43 AM
Post #75

Merry Christmas my beautiful girl. Remember all the beautiful shiny houses? You are the best gift of all. I'll neer stop loving you, Babyface.

your mommie forever

P.S. Could you ask Little Brother not to threaten to bite me when I'm trying to get his boots on, please? We got the one on the foot tat got cold yesterday and he did OK walking on it.

Thank you baby girl.

+Quote Post
Gretta's Mom
post Dec 26 2012, 07:07 AM
Post #76

HI Baby G

It's cold. I love you. So does Little Brother and Auntie Bobbie.

XOXXOXOXOOXOX

Your mommie

+Quote Post
Gretta's Mom
post Dec 31 2012, 10:43 AM
Post #77

Hi Babyface

It's the last day of a year here on earth. Thank you for the four + years you lived with me and shared a special, one-of-a-kind love with me. Thank you for choosing me. (Lots of people here say that .... because it's true, isn't it Sweetheart?) Thank you for your kind and beautiful heart. Everywhere we went people said what a kind dog you were and how much I loved you. Both true, true, true.

Walk slowly around the perfect World and say hello to all your friends up there - the ones who met you when you arrived, the ones who came about the same time you did, and especially the ones who are new to the place. I think sometimes they must think they will have to leave someday. Reassure them, Babyface, that the Perfect World is forever. Stop and sit and talk with the doggies and kitties and bunnies and ferrets and birdies and all the animals of people we've known either on this earth or through Lightning Strike. Go ask Jake about his Grandpa - not so many people write about their grand-animals! Have a warm, sunny rest with Love My Mickey's brood, with Peggy's beautiful golden, with the poet's Doxies, with Shane's Yoda, with your cocker spaniel cousins ..... and so, so , so many more.

Remember, Baby, that mommie loves you and thinks about you every single day. Tears still come to my eyes but they don't flow down my cheeks like they used to. That's because you've been so faithful in sending down love rays and they have helped heal my heart. You never stop giving, do you Baby? This year, help me to be a little (no, a lot) more like you, OK?

I love you, "Dude"

Your mommie

+Quote Post
Gretta's Mom
post Jan 4 2013, 08:26 AM
Post #78

Hi Gretta baby

I'm sorry I haven't written to you for so many days. You can see all the stuff that's been going on down here. But you can also feel how much mommie loves you (Like Love My Mickey said in her beautiful poem) and misses you. You'll always have a piece of my heart - and I of yours.

I love you, Gretta.

Your mom

+Quote Post
Bobbie
post Jan 4 2013, 12:07 PM
Post #79

Hi Miss Gretta!

I, too, haven't stopped by to say hello in quite awhile. We humans seem to get so caught up in our own little worlds and many times, that is not the best approach.

I hope you are having the time of your life in Heaven - how could you not? Keep track of Mr. Trevor, Rudy and especially Birney. I'm sure by now you know all about Birney's escapades. Did you know that he would crate himself if he did some mischief while we were gone? If we came home and couldn't find the boys we knew exactly where they were! Down the basement, in their crates! The only two dogs I've known like that. Have Birney tell you of his adventures, or Kelly will for him!

Gotta go get daddy a shake!

LOVE YOU!
Auntie Bobbie

+Quote Post
Gretta's Mom
post Jan 4 2013, 09:24 PM
Post #80

Hey, thanks Aunt Bobbie - two letters in one day ..... better than a chew hoof!!!!

+Quote Post

14 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th April 2024 - 08:35 PM