Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Rufus Has Moved!, But he took my love and tears with him
Gretta's Mom
post Apr 1 2014, 07:20 AM
Post #1

Group: Pet Lovers
Member No.: 7,067

Hello Lightning Strikers

You have helped me so much with the passing of my beautiful black dog, Rufus. He is half black lab and half Newfie. Your words have made my grief and loneliness easier to bear and I hope some of my words have helped somebody else, too.

Rufus, I am going to try again to make you a big green "welcome" message. I hope it works but I'm pretty sure it won't!

[font="Comic Sans MS"][/font][color="#00FF00"][/color]

Well I see I have failed again, but know that all the animals in this part of Lightning Strike welcome you.

Have a beautiful day, My Big Black Dog!

Your mom
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
My Doxie and Me
post Apr 18 2014, 08:12 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 7,200

If I may my friend..

Attached Image

Attached Image
It's not the end of the trail for me; I've just traveled on, you see, up ahead
where greener pastures grow & cool water streams dance as they flow..
Flowers in bloom of every sort kind, colors more vivid than any I left behind,
Family friends I haven't seen in years, hugs & no more tears. They've
welcomed me home here today, a place for me to stay, They say
it's my home for eternity. No it's not the end of The Trail for Me...
As I look out the window waiting for my friend who has saved Me...

Poems in remembrance of Newfies/Modified for my Friend Rufus...

+Quote Post
Gretta's Mom
post Apr 24 2014, 05:48 AM
Post #3

Thank you My Doxie and me.
These are beautiful pictures and poems.

i was locked out of LS for a while but MD figured it out and I followed the instructions carefully and got back in.

My life is full of sorrow right now. Our dear Bobbie, mother of so many rescued cocker spaniels, especially her most beloved Trevor, has joined them in the Perfect Word. She left this world of pain and tears at 9:30PM on April 9.

All the blues song I know constantly rise up in my mind as I try my best to take care of her two living dogs; Dreamer, a cocker spaniel - really a English spaniel judging by his color and marking - the calmest and most loving dog who ever lived. And Kelly - an 8-9 year old black cocker spaniel with a white chest blaze - whom everybody who would see him would call him a maniac, but who really just has a big hole in his heart that needs to be filled. I know that Dr. Bruno Bettleheim of the University of Chicago (now himself in the Perfect World) said of the very psychotic children he treated in his live-in center that "Love is not Enough", but I think Kelly's heart is so empty that love is a great start.

I'm staying with my brother-in-law for a while until he picks up at least a few pieces of his own heart and is not a suicide risk and gains back some of the 50 pounds he lost during Bobbie's ordeal.My heart is broken, too. The person dearest to me has left earth and while I have strong but somewhat unconventional beliefs about the world beyond this one, tears of loneliness still fall in those silent moments when they won't upset her husband.

Thank you for being such a good and inspiring friend to both Bobbie and me as we all walk this valley of the shadow of death. The love of dogs makes this walk possible - and the love of those who love dogs. My arms are aching to hug a BIG dog and cry into its fur, so I have started the process of volunteering to walk dogs at a no-kill shelter near here. Most of the dogs are pit mixes of all kinds - as are most dogs in ALL shelters - so I'll have to get over my fear of these dogs and forge a friendship with then like I did with Rotts and Chessies years ago when I walked them.

May the powers to be shine on you and your Doxie.

Gretta and Rufus's mom

+Quote Post
My Doxie and Me
post Apr 24 2014, 08:33 PM
Post #4

My dear friend to answer a question you have brought to my attention as I call to my friend as you hold my hand and help me find...Poems reflect my heart I have given words to Gretta and My Rufus
Jeanne most of all you as I play in the fields with Ducklings and Butterflies as I watch great beauty to mend my wings so I might fly one day..
Do you know what I see Jeanne your as strong as...
Attached Image
Please forgive my words as I kneel an Angel fly's above broken wings...

My friend passed in morning light as I recall she is caring and holds her heart onto others as she guides so many on a journey to help and hold friends as Bobbie watches over...
To love ones how I count the steps as she runs with life as all her Ducklings follow...My heart breaks tonight,.. As I see Monarch...

Attached Image

+Quote Post
Gretta's Mom
post Apr 29 2014, 07:41 AM
Post #5

Rufus my Big Black Dog

Another one of our family has gone home to the Perfect World. You already know this, though, because I'm sure you and Gretta and all your cousins who were Bobbie's babies were at the head of the very long procession to welcome her in to the Perfect World.

Now she can speak your language and understand all she wanted to understand about all of you.

Remember the Dad? The one who thought you were so amazing because you could sit like a sphynx for so long without moving? Well don't tell anyone but I think he may be joining you all in the Perfect World pretty soon. I know that will make Bobbie happy because they loved each other so much. She was her favorite daughter, I think because she was the youngest and she almost died at birth.

Rufus, could you be near me today, please? I took an awful fall on the sidewalk yesterday walking Dreamer and Kelly and hit my head and wrist on the sidewalk. I got a lump on my head and the blood is now draining down into my eye giving me a black eye - just like people who have been in a big fight. It should be in top form by the time I have to go to church again!

I love you Babyface, and I don't know what I would do without you.

Your mom with tears in her eyes.

+Quote Post
Gretta's Mom
post May 11 2014, 05:30 AM
Post #6

Hi Baby Rufus

I'm sorry I haven't written for so long. This site keep locking me out and I am just too sad to try to fix it. I miss you so much, my beautiful big black dog. I need you strength. I need your love. I need your fearlessness and your cheerfulness - your happiness that makes you run up to a rabbit who doesn't try to run away - only to find it is a statue. And then you laughed with us because you realized we were laughing because we loved you.

I've been here for three months and I truly don't know what to do. In some ways it feels like I should leave a go out on my own, but in some ways it doesn't. I would like my little row house in the city where I could take you on walks (oh, it wouldn't be you but it would be another big old dog). And where I could collapse at home and lie on the floor with my big dogs and laugh or cry,

Trevor's dad is very very sad - he writes to Bobbie on facebook and I read his words and they are words of desperation and agony. But we lived a superficial life, we don't talk about her or her death at all. That's all I can do at this point. That's all that seems safe.

Babyface, could you send me a sign giving me a clue to the next step on the path, please? I promise to watch for it carefullyand take it very seriously - because after all, you and Gretta are the animals of my soul.

Oh Rufus, I don't feel bad, just in a state of waiting and wondering what to do, especially since my government money doesn't start for a few months. But as long as I have you sending love rays and strength rays to me, I know I w ill do approximately the right thing.

I love you, Rufie, my big black dog.

I miss your nose under my elbow when I wrote on the computer.

I miss our walks.

I miss having to life you into the car.

I miss your soft, shiny fur.

I miss your soft, velvetly ears. I miss your giant head.

And most of all I miss your heart - with it's love as big as the universe.

We'll be together someday Rufus, I promise.

Your mom.

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post May 11 2014, 08:23 AM
Post #7

Forum Moderator

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 4,861

Hi, Rufus' Mom, thank you so much for sharing with us how you're doing, and your beautiful love letter to your beloved Rufus. Please let me try to reassure you that what you are feeling is very normal in this deep grief adjustment journey - - the uncertainty, the lack of direction, the indecision - - it's all a part of the painful journey of establishing "new normals" when our loved ones - - whoever the life form - - are no longer physically with us.

This grief journey is difficult enough when we have the "stability" of our home and job / retirement established. It is significantly difficult when we are enduring a total life change that includes a move to a new place (even though we may be familiar with the new location), getting used to a new home, or looking for a new home, a new job or retirement, etc. - - IN ADDITION TO enduring the physical loss of loved one - - whoever the life form.

Rufus' Mom, please know you are in my thoughts and prayers that you will find comfort and support in your current circumstances, and that you will be able to find your new path revealed to you. And please let us know how you're doing.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------
In heaven's perfect garden there is no grief or pain, and all of God's creation join the angels' sweet refrain.

The most blessed way I have of knowing God's comforting love and grace is to look into the eyes and heart of God's creatures' sweet angelic face.

+Quote Post
Gretta's Mom
post May 21 2014, 07:08 AM
Post #8

Hi Rufie

Just wanted to say hello and tell you how much I miss you. And like yours, I couldn't protect Aunt Bobbie from a horrible death. I know it doesn't matter in the Perfect World, but it still hurts down here in the Imperfect World.

Auntie Bobbie sent me a very strong sign of her spirit about a week ago when I was driving my car - you know that little grey one that I always had to boost you up into. When you see her (and Trevor glued to her side) will you thank her for doing that, please?

Eat well, sleep tight, run fast, drink cool, have fun ----- mostly, love strong.

I love you, Rufie and I always will.

mommie

+Quote Post
Gretta's Mom
post May 24 2014, 11:38 AM
Post #9

Hi Beautiful Black Dog

Thank you for joining in the prayer-hum for Trevor's dad two nights ago when he was so late coming home. Know what he was doing? Buying a new car. His old car was still pretty new and it had so many sad memories for him because every time she rode in that car she was sick or they were going to a hospital. He was pretty sad about the license plates that said "Mrs. Me". He's going to have some special ones made that say Trevor's mom's name.

I love you my big black dog. I so need you for your stength, courage and steadfastness. And besides that, I just LOVE you, doggie.

Your mom

+Quote Post
My Doxie and Me
post May 31 2014, 09:32 PM
Post #10

Please forgive my words as I know so little yet care enough to ask about a friend as I hear Bobbie along with Mr. Trevor and Gretta and my Ruffus
waiting looking out a window of life to be reunited with are loved ones as silence covers are hearts..Your words sing with friends and Bobbie she
brings tears as we have never meet...Jeanne the beauty you both hold touches the hearts of many so all the words i might say you'r heart speaks
with Elegance...

Forgive me Mr. Rocky and what a beautiful Friend you have...

What an exquisitely and beautiful friend! His eyes shine with Happiness and tell of love he has from his mom... Feel Assured... Beautiful words and true to
heart moved me to speak..It's easy to see the true kindness of another when you sit in silence and...

Broken words...

Jeanne i'am not sure how this came to pass yet Bobbie has left a mark on my life... and i can't thank her enough yet the thanks come from the friends that she
cares so deeply...you both are alike very special indeed and i'am very fortunate to have been bleesed with your kind words and beautiful hearts...
I have seen an early Monarch Butterfly today in the morning Jeanne as i weep as a small child at the same time i smile...

Attached Image
Words to my Friend...

I remember you, My Beautiful Boy...
Attached Image

+Quote Post
Gretta's Mom
post Jun 5 2014, 11:01 AM
Post #11

Hello Baby Rufus

Didn't My Doxie write some beautiful poems for Bobbie and me and you and everybody? He has SO much in his heart and loves dogs SO much and people even more.

Rufie, baby, I don't know if you remember that Bobbie and me had another sister. She isn't very nice. She's just like a mean person who enjoys teasing and tormenting dogs just so they get angry and she can beat them. She does that to people, too. Now that she can't do it to Auntie Bobbie because she's in heaven, she's turning it all on me. Rufie, it makes me angry and sad. Angry at her for being nothing but a liar and an agitator (like a person who irritates two dogs and tries to make them fight). And I'm very sad for the dad, because she is slowly killing him and he must be so sad about Bobbie and he has just given up and made up his mind to die.

Rufie, I know there is nothing I can do about her because she is sick in the head and so I have to put her in the hands of the Good Shepherd. I have tried and tried and tried to frogive her in my heart but I just can't do it, so now I am going to put my own heart in the hands of the Good Shepherd and trust that He loves sme and that I have been good enough in my life that when it comes my turn, I can get into the Perfect World so I can be with you and your sister Gretta and every other person and animal I love - you and Baby G the best, of course. And Mr Trevor, because he had such a hard and painful life on earth. Either the Good Shepherd will fix my heart or He will accept it as it is and I am worrying about it for nothing.

So please keep reminding me that that's what I've done and when you do that, the Good Shepherd tells you not to take your concerns back with you, to let Him handle it.

Thank you My Big Black Dog. I love you forever more. Until I see you again in the Perfect World.

Your loving mommie

+Quote Post
My Doxie and Me
post Jun 13 2014, 09:02 PM
Post #12

As I walk the morning light my leash falls by my side.. I think of the great shepherd that fills my life yet beneath these wings we cry as
we become one I see a beautiful light as my Shepherd releases me to become one with broken wings as we take this journey with
are friends to see what have we become...As the Great Shepherd leads us within Vanishing lights to are true self to see who we are...
Attached Image
With all the beauty and kind words the Great shepherd tells stories of his great journey and friendship with a Human that cares as we
hold are broken wings with soft touch and gentle breeze cross are path to hear the teachings of one we carry within are hearts as we...
Attached Image
Dear Shepherd lone wolf looking to care for so many I must ask can you see within your heart how much you have set others free..
Attached Image
Dear Jeanne I look at my time here on LS my heart breaks yet I tell stories for those I care for and in return I find myself with hands to Earth...
Mountain cries and butterflies sing within us as we kneel for the ones we have lost...

Please share this with Rocky's Boy and his good Human

German Shepherds.com

Raysmom <The Beauty of human love towards others>

If you ever love an animal, there are three days in your life you will remember...

The first is a day, blessed with happiness, when you bring him home your young new friend. You may have spent weeks deciding on breed. You may have asked numerous opinions of many vets, or done long
research in finding a breeder. Or perhaps in a fleeting moment, you may just chosen that silly looking mutt in a shelter-- simply because something in his eyes reached are hearts. But when you bring that
chosen one home, and watch him explore, and claim his special place in you'r hall or front room-- and when you feel him brush against you for the first time-- it instills feeling of pure love you carry with
you through the many years to come...

The second day will occur eight or nine years later. It will be a day like any other. Routine unexceptional. But, for a surprising instant, you will look at your longtime friend and see age where you once saw
youth You will see slow deliberate steps where you once seen energy,...And you will see sleep when you once saw activity. So you will begin to adjust your friends diet -- and you may add a pill or two
to food. And you may feel a growling fear deep within yourself, which bodes of coming emptiness... And you will feel this uneasy feeling, on and off, until the third day finally arrives.

And on this day -- if your friend and Higher being you hold to heart have not decided for you, then you will be faced with making a decision of your own -- on behalf of your lifelong friend, and with the
guidance of your own deepest spirit. Whichever way your friend eventually leaves you -- you will feel as alone as a single star in the darkest night...

Attached Image

If you are wise, you will let the tears flow as freely and as they must. you will find that not many in your circle of family or friends will be able to understand your grief, or comfort
you.

But if you are true to the love of your friend you cherished through the many joy-filled years, you may find that soul -- a bit smaller in size then your own -- seems to walk with you, at times, during the lonely
days to come.

And at moments when you least expect anything out of the ordinary to happen, you may feel something brush against your leg -- very, very lightly.

And looking down at a place where your dear, perhaps dearest, friend lies with you -- you will remember those three significant days. The memory will most likely be painful, and leave an ache in your heart.
As time passes the ache will come and go as if it has life of its own. You will both reject it, and it may confuse you. If you let it, it will depress you. if you embrace it, it will deepen you. Either way, it
will still be with you.

But there will be, I assure you, a fourth day when -- along with the memory of your friend -- and piercing through the heaviness in your heart -- there will come a realization that belongs only to you. It will be as
unique and strong as our relationship with each special friend we have loved, and lost. This realization takes the form of living Love -- like the heavenly scent of rose that remains after the petals have wilted, this
Love will remain and grow -- and be there for us to remember...
Attached Image
It is love we have earned. It is the legacy our friends leave us when they say goodbye. And it is a gift we may keep with us long as we live.. It is a love
Which is ours alone...
Attached Image
And until we ourselves leave, perhaps to join our Beloved Friends -- it is love we will always possess.

Presented with grateful acknowledgement to the author, Martin Scot Kosins.

Can you see the twisted branches of words that guide the ones we have...My friend Jeanne forgive my words tonight...

+Quote Post
Gretta's Mom
post Jun 17 2014, 05:36 AM
Post #13

Oh My Doxie and me

Thank you so much for the beautiful poem about the three days in the lives of animals and their humans - and then the fourth day. I SO love the pictur of the Chocolate Lab puppy curled up on the chair. I can almost feel Gretta as a puppy curling up on my lap llike that.

My Doxie, you have brought love and joy and strength into my life and into Bobbie's. Bobbie and you shared a bond so much like we share with our soulmate animals. You are twin souls. Thank you for sharing just enough of this to let me see the great light that shines behind it - just enough light to rekindle my hope and love.

Thank you for you, My Doxie and me.

Gretta and rufus's mom

+Quote Post
Gretta's Mom
post Jun 27 2014, 08:21 AM
Post #14

Hi Roof-a-doo,

Things have worked out so that mom has to go into the city where Trevor's dad and I are living and I have to go all by myself. I'm going to look at a new home for myself. I know this neighborhood very well because one year long ago, before you were born, Trevor's mom had to go to a hospital there and when I wasn't visiting her, I walked all around the neighborhood and saw the beautiful rowhouses that make this city famous. I wished in my heart that some day I would be able to live in one of them but I always thought it would be impossible. Now I am going to be able to do it. But it seems so hollow and SAD without Trevor's mom here to enjoy it with me. I know she is there with all of you and she is happy and healthy and worry-free like all of you are, but I still love and miss her and wish she could share my new house.

I need your courage to find the office where they rent the houses and then walk to the house (about 6 blocks). With my Big Black Dog beside me I will be completely confident. I know you will be there in spirit - and your spirit is VERY strong and brave and will radiate a protective circle around me.

Say hi to your sister and all your cousins and Trevor's mom, OK?

I love you, Rufie, and I miss you more every day. Someday mommie will come to join you like Trevor' mom did. Please tell her I love her more than anything on earth or in heaven - except the Good Shepherd, who made it all.

XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOX

Your mommie

+Quote Post
Gretta's Mom
post Jun 28 2014, 04:36 AM
Post #15

Hey Rufie Dog,

Thanks for the assist yesterday. There was absolutely NOTHING scary about the visit to town except getting lost because of road construction. I wasn't dangerous but it sure was HOT. A very nice Chinese girl who had just finished college waled the 6 blocks from the office to the apartment with me. IT WAS HOT! I didn't like the apartments, even a larger one, because they were RIGHT ACROSS THE STREET from a nursing home that Trevor's mom had been in many years ago and where she had suffered so much. How could I look at the building all day every day?

So today I'm going to look at another place, which I think is a little far away from where I really want to be. Trevor's dad is going with me. Have a wonderful day in the Perfect World - but then every day there is, well, perfect, and if you see Trevor's mom, tell her that the apartment I'm looking at today is near the Book Exchange.

I love and miss you every day and when I get there, I am going to stroke your head, pet your velvet ears and tell you for all eternity want a good dog you ARE AND ALWAYS WILL BE.

Your mom who loves you

+Quote Post
Gretta's Mom
post Jul 2 2014, 05:51 AM
Post #16

Hi Rufiedoo

I'm so glad all of you are in the perfect world today. It is SO HOT down here that if you were still down here and we were still living in our old house in Saint Paul, I would only walk you around the block. Thank you for the prayer hum for your cousin Dreamer. He went to the doctor yesterday and got some fluids and a shot to make him not want to throw up and a medicine to coat his intestines so they won't be sore and bleed and a medicine to cure diarrhea. We get his blood work back today. His vet is a wonderful woman who took very good care of him and answered all my questions - but not as good as our Dr. Hinson. Oh, how I miss him.

Have a cool day in the Perfect World, with your sister and all your cousins and, best of all, Trevor's mom. Please tell her I love her and miss her like the stars in the sky.

Love and kisses,

Your mommie

+Quote Post
Gretta's Mom
post Jul 8 2014, 07:29 AM
Post #17

Hi my Big Black Dog

It's a good thing you are in the Perfect World and not in Baltimore. Today it is going to be hotter than we ever had in Saint Paul. And the sun is especially hot on dogs with beautiful black fur likes yours. Today I would like you to send your spirit with me on a drive - to apply for a new place to live. It's not that I don't like living with Uncle and the two wonderful cousins Kelly and Dreamer. It's just that I think it's a good idea that I don't live here forever. I don't know why. Maybe because for many years Bobbie would always refer to the time when I would come to live with her. Then I found a terrible e-mail that she sent to a friend about how horrible I was and how asking me to live with them was a huge mistake that they were stuck with. it hurt my heart Rufus, just like it must have hurt your heart when whatever happened to you to make you lose your home. I going to be poor for a while because your Aunt Bobbie's beautiful bronze marker has arrived and I'll owe for half of it. But soon I will be able to get my real government money and then I'll be better off. I've been through this many times before in my life and God always brings me through. In my new house, at first the advertisement said that dogs were OK but yesterday they said no pets were allowed. So I'll have to keep on having your spirit comfort me for a while longer.

Rufus, I love you soooooo much and I miss you Sooooooo much. And you know oh so well what your mommie will always cry for because she wasn't there for you. I know you have forgiven me - in your heart you probably understood - but the thought of you having to put on such an act of courage at the end of your earthly life will stab my heart until I can again take you in my arms and tell you I'm sorry for the last time. What a day of rejoicing that will be!

XOXOXOXOOXOXOOXOXOXOOXOXOXOXXOXOXO up to the sky, my Roofie-Doo.

Your mommie

+Quote Post
Gretta's Mom
post Jul 8 2014, 07:30 AM
Post #18

Hi my Big Black Dog

It's a good thing you are in the Perfect World and not in Baltimore. Today it is going to be hotter than we ever had in Saint Paul. And the sun is especially hot on dogs with beautiful black fur likes yours. Today I would like you to send your spirit with me on a drive - to apply for a new place to live. It's not that I don't like living with Uncle and the two wonderful cousins Kelly and Dreamer. It's just that I think it's a good idea that I don't live here forever. I don't know why. Maybe because for many years Bobbie would always refer to the time when I would come to live with her. Then I found a terrible e-mail that she sent to a friend about how horrible I was and how asking me to live with them was a huge mistake that they were stuck with. it hurt my heart Rufus, just like it must have hurt your heart when whatever happened to you to make you lose your home. I going to be poor for a while because your Aunt Bobbie's beautiful bronze marker has arrived and I'll owe for half of it. But soon I will be able to get my real government money and then I'll be better off. I've been through this many times before in my life and God always brings me through. In my new house, at first the advertisement said that dogs were OK but yesterday they said no pets were allowed. So I'll have to keep on having your spirit comfort me for a while longer.

Rufus, I love you soooooo much and I miss you Sooooooo much. And you know oh so well what your mommie will always cry for because she wasn't there for you. I know you have forgiven me - in your heart you probably understood - but the thought of you having to put on such an act of courage at the end of your earthly life will stab my heart until I can again take you in my arms and tell you I'm sorry for the last time. What a day of rejoicing that will be!

XOXOXOXOOXOXOOXOXOXOOXOXOXOXXOXOXO up to the sky, my Roofie-Doo.

Your mommie

+Quote Post
Gretta's Mom
post Jul 18 2014, 05:24 AM
Post #19

Hello Baby Rufus!

I know you remember 'the dad', the great old man we used to visit who thought you were so amazing because you could hold your "sphynx" pose for so long. Well, I think he will be joining you guys in the Perfect World soon. Please ask your Auntie Bobbie to tell your cousins about him. And maybe you and Gretta could organize a prayer hum for him, just to let him know all of you love him, OK? Thank you Rufus. One day I, too, will be there with you. And what a day of rejoicing that will be!

I love you Rufus. God sent you to me at a time in my life when I needed strength and took you to the Perfect World where I could always talk to you and ask you for strength and tell you ......

I LOVE YOU FOREVER, BABY RUFUS! XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOOXOX

Your mom

+Quote Post
Gretta's Mom
post Jul 21 2014, 05:20 AM
Post #20

Good morning Baby Rufus

Can I just hug you and cry into your soft fur? You know why. Thank you for coming to me, Baby. I love you.

Mom

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 10:28 PM