Forum Rules Site Rules and Courtesies

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Pippin, 2 Years
Pippin's Mom Kel
post Jan 28 2014, 01:18 AM
Post #1

Group: Pet Lovers
Member No.: 7,510

There's so much I could say, but words fall so terribly short. Yesterday, now, January 27, was the two year anniversary of the day my Pippin left for a better place. I still miss him every single day. It is not always with the same searing sharpness of pain as it once was, but a dull ache at a piece of me that is missing. Losing Strider earlier this much has heightened that loss, turned a dull ache to a piercing pain once again. I hate that neither of them are here, but I am glad that Pippin was there to welcome his little brother home and to guide him when he must have been scared and alone.

Pippin, I miss you so. I miss feeling you sleeping on my hip. I miss your purr and your mew. I miss the feeling of your fur and the smell of you - I can barely remember what you smelled like, now. I remember burying my face in the fur of Strider's cheeks, after he died, trying to get one last little bit of his smell embedded in my memory. I cannot even remember that. How could I forget such important things? I miss looking into your beautiful golden eyes, Pippin, and knowing that I was loved for everything I am and everything I am not, without reservation or judgment. I miss your love and I miss your light. Sweet boy, you deserved so much more than seven years with us. I would have done anything for you. I would have given myself in your place, had I the choice.

Please take care of your brother Strider, as you always have. I still cannot quite believe that he is already there with you, Pippin. Take care of him for your Daddy and me - he was your Daddy's little boy, as you were mine. Please make sure he knows how much we love him. He died before we could tell him.

I know that someday I'll see you again, in this world or the next. Until that day, be well, baby boy. Your Mommy loves you.

--------------------

When you are sorrowful, look again in your heart, and you shall see that, in truth, you are weeping for that which has been your delight.
- Kahlil Gibran
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post Jan 28 2014, 04:57 PM
Post #2

Forum Moderator

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 4,861

Hi, Kel, thank you so much for sharing with us how you're doing, and your and your beloved Pippin's 2 year angel-versary. Please let me try to reassure you that what you are feeling is very normal when you share with us: "Losing Strider earlier this much has heightened that loss, turned a dull ache to a piercing pain once again." Losing Strider so quickly after your beloved Pippin intensifies the grief, and brings to mind, and heart, the sorrow of other loved ones we are missing. This is another dimension to this painful grief adjustment journey.

I hope today is treating you kindly, Kel, and that you, your husband, and all your precious companions will have a peaceful evening blessed with your beloved Pippin's, and Strider's, sweet Living Spirits to comfort you. Please know you, your husband, and all your precious companions are in my thoughts and prayers, and please let us know how you're doing.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------
In heaven's perfect garden there is no grief or pain, and all of God's creation join the angels' sweet refrain.

The most blessed way I have of knowing God's comforting love and grace is to look into the eyes and heart of God's creatures' sweet angelic face.

+Quote Post
DannysMom
post Jan 28 2014, 05:47 PM
Post #3

Group: Pet Lovers
Member No.: 7,464

Hello Kel, I was thinking of you yesterday. It's hard to believe that two years have passed by already, and losing Strider recently only added to your grief. I hope you made it through the day okay, as well as can be expected. Those angel-versaries are always hard. I'm sure Pippin is happy to have Strider with him. I know it gave me some comfort when Tina died that she was with Danny again. Kel, you gave Pippin seven good years. He had a good life with you and he was loved and happy and well cared for. I truly believe it's the quality that counts and that he definitely did have. You gave Pippin a good home, lots of lovin' and cat toys. He knew he was loved, and that's what matters. I know it hurts to be separated from him. Sometimes one small thing can bring on a wave of grief. I hope you are doing well today.

Hugs,
DannysMom

--------------------
Danny: March 4, 2001 - December 28, 2011
Tina: October 27, 1997 - April 28, 2012

To live in hearts we leave behind is not to die.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 08:01 AM