4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Remembering My Little Danny Boy, about my Tuxedo cat Danny
DannysMom
post Feb 6 2012, 07:12 PM
Post #1

Group: Pet Lovers
Member No.: 7,464

My sweet little Danny boy. You were born March 4, 2001.

Attached Image

And what a sweet, beautiful little kitten you were! When I first saw you and looked into those beautiful green eyes I just knew that I had to take you home with me. It was instant love! It was truly meant to be. On our first night together you jumped up on the bed and fell asleep snuggled in my arm. I loved watching you play with cat toys and discovering your new home. I laughed when you made a 'dance' in your small litter box and kicked the litter everywhere. You had so much fun! You loved to snuggle up with Tina.

Attached Image

And you loved Christmas. It was your favorite holiday. This is a photo of your first Christmas with me. How you loved sleeping under the tree! And you always loved being photographed. You enjoyed the peace and quiet of the holiday season and the bright lights on the Christmas tree.

Attached Image

Danny, you brought so much joy into my life just by being there. Every time I looked into your sweet little face I just couldn't help but smiling and being happy that you were there. You loved being brushed and always purred much and you wanted me to pet you while I brushed you. I so miss you greeting me in the morning and affectionately licking my arm. My sweet little kitty angel, the time I had with you went by so quickly.

--------------------
Danny: March 4, 2001 - December 28, 2011
Tina: October 27, 1997 - April 28, 2012

To live in hearts we leave behind is not to die.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
BonniesMom
post Mar 16 2012, 11:34 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 7,247

So sorry for the loss of your Danny Boy. He was a beautiful little guy and I can tell he was deeply loved.

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post Mar 17 2012, 02:09 PM
Post #3

Forum Moderator

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 4,861

Hi, Andrea, thank you so much for sharing with us how you're doing and these wonderful pictures of your beloved Danny. I know what you mean when you say "My sweet little kitty angel, the time I had with you went by so quickly." It doesn't matter how long our companions are with us - - it is NEVER long enough on this side of eternity. The good news is that your beloved Danny's sweet Living Spirit is forever with you in your heart and your memories - - he is always a heartbeat close to you.

I thank you so much for sharing your beloved Danny with us. I hope you, your precious Tina and little Mindy are having a good day and will have a very peaceful, blissful, and cozy evening blessed with your beloved Danny's sweet Living Spirit to comfort you. Please know you and your precious furkids are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I always look forward to knowing how you're doing.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------
In heaven's perfect garden there is no grief or pain, and all of God's creation join the angels' sweet refrain.

The most blessed way I have of knowing God's comforting love and grace is to look into the eyes and heart of God's creatures' sweet angelic face.

+Quote Post
Jon730
post Mar 19 2012, 08:38 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 4,585

It has taken a few days for me to get adjusted enough to give you my condolences-I am sorry to delay.

My relationship with my tuxedo is so intense that the thought of anyone losing one thows me off balance.
Once, my wife had a dream where I had to give Iggy away. It completely messed me up, the very thought.
I said, "I'd kill someone who ordered me to do so, instantly".

This is my first Tux. By extension, I can but guess at the depth of your loss.
They seem more "Human oriented" than many other cats I have had.
Danny was a special friend. I am very sorry for your loss.

--------------------
Miles, my friend and Cat-Wife. 3-11-2008
The Sweetest Cat in my Universe.

+Quote Post
DannysMom
post Mar 19 2012, 04:28 PM
Post #5

Jon730, thank you so much for your kind words. Tux cats are indeed very special. I fell in love with Danny when I first saw him. He was sitting there in his little litterbox in the "sphinx" pose, looking out at the world and being so at peace with himself. I took both Danny and his Tux brother into the "play" room, but it was really Danny who captured my heart. I was looking for a gentle cat to balance the feistyness of my Calico cat, Tina. Danny was a very loyal friend to her. He would always alert me to her predicament when I accidentally locked her into a closet or bathroom. He was very laid back and a little jokester. Danny was always the first to try out new cats toys, blankets, and beds. He even tried to "talk" to a flock of geese once that were flying by. I have never heard a cat make such sounds before. It was almost like he was singing to them and wishing them well on their journey. When he was hungry he would open the cabinet door where his food was stored with his paw and let it bang shut. He loved racing up the stairs to a waiting Tina who would then chase him into the next room. And, oh, how he loved tummy rubs. I once rubbed his tummy for 15 minutes straight and he purred the whole time and closed his eyes and was the most content cat in the whole world.

--------------------

+Quote Post
DannysMom
post Mar 19 2012, 04:34 PM
Post #6

Danny, the "teaser master". This was one of his favorite toys.

Attached Image

--------------------

+Quote Post
pipsqueak
post Mar 19 2012, 04:40 PM
Post #7

Member No.: 7,519

Ah DannysMom, your Danny sounds such a character, you must miss him so much. Your last post has made me smile, what a poppet.

I had a tuxedo cat once, (although I hadn't heard that expression until I came on this website) and he looked just like your main photo, absolute spitting image. He was a real character too and I still miss him, five years on.

I'm sure Danny's spending his time wisely until he can be with you again smile.gif

Pipsqueak.

+Quote Post
xxForeverxx
post Mar 20 2012, 07:07 AM
Post #8

Member No.: 7,430

Sending my love to Danny at the rainbow bridge. A wonderful cat deserves all the love possible even after his time here has past. It will get him ready for the love you will be able to share with each other again one day.

xxForeverxx

+Quote Post
DannysMom
post Mar 20 2012, 07:45 PM
Post #9

Dear pipsqueak and xxForeverxx, thanks so much for your comments on my sweet Danny boy. He was quite a character indeed, and he always made me smile with his cheerful meows. He had quite a vocabulary, and he was so gentle. He enjoyed watching the birds, and he never 'chattered' at them (unlike my Tina who only likes the birds for ONE reason). He was beautiful inside out.

--------------------

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post Mar 21 2012, 03:29 PM
Post #10

Forum Moderator

Hi, Danny's Mom, thank you so much for sharing with us how you're doing and this wonderful picture of your beloved Danny. As I look at his pictures there is no doubt in my mind how much he is loved - - and how much he loves you. You are his Forever Mom, Danny's Mom - - and ONLY you.

I hope today is treating you, your precious Tina and little Mindy kindly, and that you and your precious furkids will have a very peaceful and cozy evening blessed with your beloved Danny's sweet Living Spirit to comfort you. Please know you and your precious furkids are in my thoughts and prayers, Danny's Mom, and that I always look forward to knowing how you're doing and sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Danny.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------
In heaven's perfect garden there is no grief or pain, and all of God's creation join the angels' sweet refrain.

The most blessed way I have of knowing God's comforting love and grace is to look into the eyes and heart of God's creatures' sweet angelic face.

+Quote Post
DannysMom
post Apr 9 2012, 07:12 PM
Post #11

QUOTE (moon_beam @ Mar 21 2012, 04:29 PM) *
Hi, Danny's Mom, thank you so much for sharing with us how you're doing and this wonderful picture of your beloved Danny. As I look at his pictures there is no doubt in my mind how much he is loved - - and how much he loves you. You are his Forever Mom, Danny's Mom - - and ONLY you.

I hope today is treating you, your precious Tina and little Mindy kindly, and that you and your precious furkids will have a very peaceful and cozy evening blessed with your beloved Danny's sweet Living Spirit to comfort you. Please know you and your precious furkids are in my thoughts and prayers, Danny's Mom, and that I always look forward to knowing how you're doing and sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Danny.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

Thanks, moon_beam, for your kind words. Danny was so special, and his sweet, sensitive spirit made him all the more endearing to me. My heart still aches and I miss him so. Of course what I dreaded the most is coming true...back to back grief...with Tina having cancer and me not knowing how much longer she will be around. I am thankful that I have Mindy who is so blessedly young and (hopefully) all healthy. Mindy seems to be a combination of Danny's sweetness and playfulness and Tina's feisty spirit. Like Tina, she is also not afraid of thunderstorms.

--------------------

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post Apr 10 2012, 03:31 PM
Post #12

Forum Moderator

Hi, Danny's Mom, thank you so much for sharing with us how you're doing. I do so understand how you're feeling about now having Tina's illness so soon after losing your beloved Danny's physical presence. It can intensify your grief for Danny and your Anticipatory Grief journey with Tina. I am so sorry you are having to travel this journey so soon, Danny's Mom. Just please know each of us are here with you - - you are not alone.

I hope today is treating you, your precious Tina and little Mindy kindly. Thank you for the blessing of your friendship, and of your precious Tina and little Mindy. Please know you and your precious furkids are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I look forward to knowing how each of you are doing and your treasured memories of your beloved Danny.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------

+Quote Post
DannysMom
post Jul 4 2012, 03:00 PM
Post #13

This is the first 4th of July without my sweet Danny boy. He was a very patriotic little guy as can be seen from this picture. Happy Independence Day, Mr. Danny!

Attached Image

--------------------

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post Jul 5 2012, 09:32 AM
Post #14

Forum Moderator

Hi, DannysMom, thank you so much for sharing this wonderful picture of your beloved Danny with us. What a wonderful pose of him next to the Flag. From first hand exprience I know how much of a challenge yesterday was for you as yet another "first without" to endure in your grief adjustment journey. I hope and pray that on this angel-versary you and your beloved Danny were still able to celebrate your eternal love bond.

I hope today is treating you, your precious Mindy, and baby girl Shelley kindly. Please know you and your and your precious girls are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I look forward to knowing how each of you are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Danny.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------

+Quote Post
xxForeverxx
post Jul 16 2012, 05:38 AM
Post #15

Another wonderful photo. Now when I see that flag I will be thinking of both your babies. The grief journey is such a tough road to travel down. People say you will alright in the end but how can you be when you have lost someone that meant so much to you? I feel like the only comfort I have is my other cats I have as at least they give me something to concentrate on during the day. I still find myself shedding a tear for my Chewy though and I know it's double hard for you.

But each tear you shed for Danny and Tina and each little smile you show for them is the way of showing just how much of an impact they had in your life and that is the best tribute you can give to them.

xxForeverxx

+Quote Post
DannysMom
post Jul 16 2012, 09:42 PM
Post #16

xxForeverxx, thank you so much for your comforting words. That is so sweet of you to think of Tina and Danny when you see the US flag. smile.gif Like you I take comfort in the company of Mindy and Shelley, but I still cry when I write about my babies or when Mindy or Shelley do something that Tina and Danny used to do. Shelley likes to sit on my chest in the morning, purring and looking straight into my face. Tina used to sit the exact same way, and I always think of her when Shelley does that. I have to remember that it's Shelley sitting with me and not Tina.

--------------------

+Quote Post
xxForeverxx
post Jul 28 2012, 12:44 PM
Post #17

It is hard with situations like that. With Ellie having the same sort of markings as Chewy I find myself doing the same. But I also think that it is not exactly a bad thing. If their are certain things that Danny and Tina use to do you can take pride in the fact that you have another two wonderful cats as well as see it as tribute that it reminds you of the two wonderful cats you had.

xxForeverxx

+Quote Post
DannysMom
post Dec 31 2012, 03:05 PM
Post #18

It was 1 year ago today that I buried my sweet Danny boy. I thought he would be around for a few more years. I had no idea that he would get so sick and that I had to make the difficult decision to have him euthanized. I am glad that my friends Rick and Marcy were with me at Danny's burial. It was so difficult and it felt good having the support of friends. Marcy gave me this book by Gary Kurz, "Cold Noses at the Pearly Gates" and it was a great comfort to me. I had just always thought that when our animal companions die they are just gone forever. But reading this book gave me a new perspective and also gave me hope and comfort. I absolutely could not imagine my Danny being gone and not living on. I can't imagine NOT seeing him again. That would throw me into despair. I've loved him so much when he was alive and I love him still. He was my beloved friend and he brightened my life and brought me joy. I know his little soul lives on and I shall see him again one day.

I am glad to leave 2012 behind and to move into a new year.

--------------------

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post Dec 31 2012, 03:19 PM
Post #19

Forum Moderator

Hi, DannysMom, thank you so much for sharing your beloved Danny with us, and how you are doing. I can so relate to your feelings when you share with us: "I am glad to leave 2012 behind and to move into a new year." Many times in my life I have felt like you do. But although a new year begins tomorrow please know that your beloved Danny is sharing it with you - - as he always continues to share your earthly journey keeping a loving vigil over you - - for he is always and forever a heartbeat close to you.

I hope today is treating you and your precious Mindy and Shelley kindly, my friend. I thank you for the blessing of your friendship, and of your precious girls. Please know you and your Mindy and Shelley are in my thoughts and prayers, and that I look forward to knowing how each of you are doing, and to sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Danny.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------

+Quote Post
xxForeverxx
post Jan 2 2013, 12:57 PM
Post #20

Hi DannysMom

I hope 2013 brings you more happiness then 2012. I am sure your two little rascals you have now will make sure of that. Your special boy would want you to have some happy times and that is why he helped guide you to your new friends.

It sounds like you have supportive friends which is always helpful at times of sorrow. I am interested in that book actually and I am going to look it up to maybe buy a copy myself if it brings a little comfort. I definitely believe you will see your Danny again. He is just up there playing away waiting for you to join him. Of course he does not want that to happen anytime soon as you need to bring Mindy and Shelley up first and maybe more little ones in need.

xxForeverxx

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 07:22 PM