7 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> My Precious Noah
Pippin's Mom Kel
post Oct 12 2012, 12:25 AM
Post #61

Group: Pet Lovers
Member No.: 7,510

Moon_beam, I am so happy to hear that Noah is making good progress! You've both been in my thoughts.

--------------------

When you are sorrowful, look again in your heart, and you shall see that, in truth, you are weeping for that which has been your delight.
- Kahlil Gibran
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post Oct 12 2012, 02:18 PM
Post #62

Forum Moderator

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 4,861

Hi, Kel, thank you so much for your continued thoughts and prayers for my precious Noah during his medical crisis and recovery. When our precious companions become ill it is very frightening. Although it has been three weeks since Noah's and my journey began, and he is doing wonderfully in his recovery, I still shudder sometimes with cold chills when I think how close I came to losing him so quickly. I am very, very thankful for your thoughts and prayers on his behalf, Kel, and all of our L S friends.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------
In heaven's perfect garden there is no grief or pain, and all of God's creation join the angels' sweet refrain.

The most blessed way I have of knowing God's comforting love and grace is to look into the eyes and heart of God's creatures' sweet angelic face.

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post Oct 18 2012, 01:13 PM
Post #63

Forum Moderator

My Dear L S Friends, I want to thank you so much for all your compassionate support, comfort, and encouragement during my precious Noah's medical crisis. He continues to do well in his recovery. His tummy fur is slowly growing back and is now long enough to provide some coverage for his incision. It may be another week before I take down the gates from the basement steps so that he can have access once again to the upstairs as he desires. It is hard to believe that next Friday, the 26th, will be one month since his surgery.

I thought you might enjoy seeing a pictue of my precious boy. This picture was taken shortly before his crisis began. Thank you again so much for all your thoughts and paryers for my precious Noah. I am so blessed to have him still with me, and to have the blessing of your friendships.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

Attached Image

--------------------
In heaven's perfect garden there is no grief or pain, and all of God's creation join the angels' sweet refrain.

The most blessed way I have of knowing God's comforting love and grace is to look into the eyes and heart of God's creatures' sweet angelic face.

+Quote Post
DannysMom
post Oct 18 2012, 03:34 PM
Post #64

Member No.: 7,464

Oh moon_beam, this is such a precious picture of Noah!!! smile.gif What a beautiful kitty boy! He has the cutest little nose and such bright green eyes. He looks like he's a real sweet and affectionate cat. You are so blessed to have him. smile.gif

--------------------
Danny: March 4, 2001 - December 28, 2011
Tina: October 27, 1997 - April 28, 2012

To live in hearts we leave behind is not to die.

+Quote Post
Tom's Dad
post Oct 18 2012, 04:02 PM
Post #65

Member No.: 6,946

moon_beam

Ditto DannysMom on a beautiful pic of Noah smile.gif He and Tom could almost be brothers down to the green eyes. I'm so glad to hear he's doing well. Hopefully, he will have "full run" again in your home. Thank you again for the update and pic!

T

--------------------
Nature's first green is gold
Her hardest hue to hold.
Her early leaf's a flower;
But only so an hour.
Then leaf subsides to leaf.
So Eden sank to grief,
So dawn goes down to day.
Nothing gold can stay.

+Quote Post
LoveMyMickey
post Oct 18 2012, 06:57 PM
Post #66

Member No.: 7,071

Hi moon_beam,

I was thinking recently that I would love to see a pic of Noah and there he is, so beautiful and precious!.....I am so happy he is still recovering well and is getting his belly fur back.

You deserve the best moon_beam, you are a wonderful friend to all of us here at LS and we love you......Prayers continue for you and Noah.....God Bless.....

LoveMyMickey

--------------------
"Love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation."

+Quote Post
xxForeverxx
post Oct 19 2012, 11:12 AM
Post #67

Member No.: 7,430

What a wonderful photo and I am so glad to hear he is making a good recovery. He is so lucky to have such a loving owner and he is also knew that he looks after you too so it was not his time yet. I send my love and hope he continues to improve.

xxForeverxx

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post Oct 19 2012, 02:58 PM
Post #68

Forum Moderator

Hi, DannysMom, Tracy, LoveMyMickey, and Forever, thank you so much for sharing my precious Noah with me. He is a handsome boy, and I am very blessed one to be his Forever Mom. And I am very honored to share him with you and our fellow L S friends.

He is curled up on his lamb's wool cushion taking a nap as I'm writing to you. I love watching his tummy gently rise and fall as he breathes, feeling his warm soft body cuddled next to me, and the sweet privilege of holding him in my arms. I know there will come a time when I must send him home to the angels - - but I am very grateful that this time has not yet come - - that I have been granted more time with him.

Thank you so much, DannysMom, Tracy, LoveMyMickey, Forever, and all of our L S friends, for the blessing of your continued comfort and support during my precious Noah's recovery.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tom's Dad
post Oct 20 2012, 08:00 AM
Post #69

Hi moon_beam

Thank you for sharing Noah's progress with us. I'm so glad your sweet little man is doing well, and hopefully not going anywhere for a good long while. We are honored to call you friend and share in your and his happy news and daily progress. So, when will the little guy get full roaming access again?

T

--------------------
Her hardest hue to hold.
But only so an hour.
So Eden sank to grief,
Nothing gold can stay.

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post Oct 20 2012, 12:15 PM
Post #70

Forum Moderator

Hi, Tracy, thank you so much for stopping by to check in on my precious Noah. Initially it takes 6 weeks for recovery from major abdominal surgery. By this time there should not be any risk of pulling internal stitches, stressing abdominal muscles, etc.. So, even though this next Friday, 10/26, will be a month since his surgery I may wait an additional week - - give him 5 weeks - - before removing the gate. He has come so far in his recovery and I just do not want to take any chances with possible complications. He was already "pushing the limits" when he began jumping up onto the top of the fridge within days of his surgery. It will not hurt him to have this extra healing time before resuming his full activity with access to the basement steps.

Thank you again, my friend, for keeping my precious boy in your thoughts and prayers as he continues in his recovery. I am sincerely thankful for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of all of our L S friends.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tom's Dad
post Oct 20 2012, 01:53 PM
Post #71

Hi moon_beam

I'm so sorry if you took my question as trying to hurry you and Noah along. Of course you are being careful and don't want to rush his progress. I was just curious. I can hardley believe that 10/26 will have been a month. I'm glad he is doing well and you both can spend quality time together. Hope you are both having a great Caturday.

T

--------------------
Her hardest hue to hold.
But only so an hour.
So Eden sank to grief,
Nothing gold can stay.

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post Oct 20 2012, 03:56 PM
Post #72

Forum Moderator

Hi, Tracy, thank you for your continued support and encouragement during my precious Noah's recovery. I want you to know that your questions are welcome - - no offense taken at all. I sometimes think I may be playing it over-cautious with not allowing him access to the basement steps yet. I know he is getting a bit frustrated with the gates still up. He will go to the bottom of the steps and stomp his front paws on the carpet like a little kid having a temper tantrum all the while looking up the stairs. Although his frustrations are short-lived, I know he will be much happier when the gates come down. He is 9 years old in kitty years - - which averages out to 60 something in human years. Physical bodies need more healing time as they get older. This is just a temporary inconvenience for him, but I know it is beginning to feel like "forever" to him.

So, this is where we are at this stage in Noah's healing journey. I know he wants to do more - - just not yet.

Thank you, my friend, for your continued support and encouragement, and for keeping my precious boy in your thoughts and prayers as he continues in his recovery. I am sincerely thankful for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of all of our L S friends.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tom's Dad
post Oct 21 2012, 08:49 PM
Post #73

Hi moon_beam

I'm glad I didn't give offence. To be honest, if I were in your place with Theresa or Tang (or Tom, if I'd done things right sad.gif) I'd probably be playing it safe too. I can so relate to Noah's frustration. As if he's saying "Moooom, I'm not an invalid" But you are his forever mom, and you are just looking out for him. Theresa is about the same age as Noah. They had her at just over 4 years old and in the shelter at four months when I adopted her in March 2007. Hard to believe she's been with me that long. Or that Tang has been here since last May. Anyway, I hope that you and Noah have a blissful night and a great tomorrow.

T

--------------------
Her hardest hue to hold.
But only so an hour.
So Eden sank to grief,
Nothing gold can stay.

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post Oct 22 2012, 02:47 PM
Post #74

Forum Moderator

Hi, Tracy, thank you for your continued support and encouragement during Noah's recovery. I am soooo chuckling at your observation of Noah's behavior: "Moooom, I'm not an invalid " - - that is soooo right on!! He is sooo funny when he stomps he front feet - - I actually have to turn away from him so that he can't see me laughing, and I have to put my hand over my mouth so that he can't hear me - - that would be so insensitive to his feelings if he saw and heard me laughing at his frustration.

We are slowly getting back into our play routines, and that is so much fun. Since I do not know what caused his intestine to twist in the first place, I'm trying to keep a closer watch on his activity to try to prevent this from happening again. At least if it does happen again I will know that I have done everything in my power to try to prevent it. It frightens me a bit because there were so many things that could have gone wrong, - - things I could have missed. If it weren't for his upset tummies he may in reality not be with me today because twisted intestines that are not promptly diagnosed and treated are nearly 100 percent fatal, and those who do survive the belated surgical treatment do not have a good prognosis due to the extensive damage and repair of the intestine. He is recovering nicely from his surgery - - I'm just not sure that I will completely recover from this event.

And this is why it is so important to cherish every moment of every hour of every day that I have with him, because there are no guarantees. And I thank you, Tracy, and all of our L S friends, for sharing my precious Noah with me.

Once again, my friend, I thank you for your continued support and encouragement, and for keeping my precious boy in your thoughts and prayers as he continues in his recovery. I am sincerely thankful for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of all of our L S friends.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tom's Dad
post Oct 22 2012, 04:04 PM
Post #75

Hi moon_beam

So glad to hear little Noah is doing better. I can understand wanting to hide your laughter. I've gotten some pretty dirty looks over the years for that. Poor little guy just wants things back to normal. I can certainly understand your fear and anxiety over "what might have been" I'm sure I'd probably feel the same way. I'm glad you are able to have game time and spend quality time together. You both are in our thought in the House of Ts

T

--------------------
Her hardest hue to hold.
But only so an hour.
So Eden sank to grief,
Nothing gold can stay.

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post Oct 23 2012, 04:39 PM
Post #76

Forum Moderator

Hi, Tracy, thank you so much for your continued support and encouragement with Noah's recovery. Each of my companions throughout my life have their own special place in my heart. Noah has an additional special place as he may very well be my last companion during my earthly journey. So, yes, this medical crisis with him has hit home quite hard.

Once again, my friend, I thank you for your continued support and encouragement, and for keeping my precious boy in your thoughts and prayers as he continues in his recovery. I am sincerely thankful for the blessing of your friendship, Tracy, and of all of our L S friends.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------

+Quote Post
Chandanimane
post Oct 23 2012, 05:40 PM
Post #77

Member No.: 7,795

Hi moon_beam,

I just wanted to stop in and in turn offer you sympathy and support with Noah. I am glad to hear that he is recovering well from his surgery. He may be growing impatient for things to return back to normal, but this is what we do as parents, we look after their well-being regardless of whether of not they approve. We do it out of love for them. I will keep you both in my prayers for his continued progress. He is indeed a beautiful boy.

-Laura

+Quote Post
Tom's Dad
post Oct 24 2012, 03:33 PM
Post #78

Hi moon_beam

Thank you for letting us know how your boy is doing. When you mentioned his "stomping" I wonder if perhaps he's kneeding in frustration. I've noticed Tang do that, and darned if it doesn't look like stomping. I can understand Noah's special place in your heart. But I hope you keep an open mind in that there are so many seniors out there (The Grannies Project comes to mind) that would so benefit from such a fantastic mom as yourself. But, you must do what feels right, as do we all. Just some food for thought. In any case, I'm glad you can focus on the here and now in that Noah is going to be OK for a long time to come hopefully. As always you both are in our thoughts and prayers.

T

--------------------
Her hardest hue to hold.
But only so an hour.
So Eden sank to grief,
Nothing gold can stay.

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post Oct 24 2012, 03:55 PM
Post #79

Forum Moderator

Hi, Laura, thank you so much for your most welcome comfort, support, and encouragement in my precious Noah's continued recovery. I know first hand how hard it is to respond to other topics during deep grief, so I appreciate your friendship during this time of deep sorrow for you. Thank you for sharing my precious Noah with me.

Hi, Tracy, thank you for your continued support and encouragement during my precious Noah's continued recovery. Yes, indeed - - both your precious Tang and my precious Noah are kneeding the carpet in frustration - - it's the closest way they can come to "stomping" their front feet. Bless their hearts - - they DO have the same emotions that we have. The way they move their feet and the expressions on their faces convey the difference in their emotions when they kneed the carpet, or a blanket - - or us.

Noah kept a loving vigil over me today as I began the now ongoing project of raking the autumn carpet of leaves in the back yard. I got four bags of leaves raked today - - but as I was raking the trees continued to "rain" leaves onto the ground - - including where I had already raked. Noah gets so excited when he sees the leaves falling - - and blowing in the wind before they land on the ground. It is fascinating watching him watch the leaves.

Thank you again, Laura and Tracy, for your continued support and encouragement, and for keeping my precious boy in your thoughts and prayers as he continues in his recovery. I am sincerely thankful for the blessing of your friendships, and of all of our L S friends.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tom's Dad
post Oct 25 2012, 04:04 PM
Post #80

Hi moon_beam

I'm glad to hear that Noah continues to do well. With Tang's "stomping" I think it's more just being excited, trying to wake me up and get my attention. Must be a boy cat thing. Anyway, happy to hear your boy is doing better. Keep us updated smile.gif

T

--------------------
Her hardest hue to hold.
But only so an hour.
So Eden sank to grief,
Nothing gold can stay.

+Quote Post