Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> A Picture Of Marcel, Our New Furbaby
Shortrish
post Aug 17 2006, 11:24 PM
Post #1

Group: Pet Lovers
Member No.: 1,848

Here's Marcel our new furbaby. We didn't expect to adopt him, we think he adopted us. He is an adorable little ball of fur, fast as lightning , we've discovered.

Scooter - We love and miss you so much. You are forever in our hearts and we will never forget anything about you. Love Mommy and Daddy
Attached image(s)
Attached Image

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Simba's Daddy
post Aug 18 2006, 12:15 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 1,899

What a cutie! wub.gif

Ya, that is how it works, they adopt us, we don't adopt them. I had to step down as king of the house when "Simba II" adopted me. I know when I come home from work I better open the windows on the bay window sill for him immediately. Every morning he gets in his exercise by running (what seems like) 100 m.p.h. around the house... just doing laps.

Cats are so great! biggrin.gif
Thank you "Simba I" for teaching me that.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Shortrish
post Aug 18 2006, 12:44 PM
Post #3

Thank you Simba's Daddy. Marcel is quite the active one. It didn't show in the picture (it's hard to get a picture of him, he rarely is still), but his paws are white as are his chest and belly. I was feeling down today, and had to run out for some errands. I purchased a new toy for Marcel. It's one of those furry balls, with a bell in it, attached to a spring with a wood base. He is having the best time with it, and I'm enjoying him being a nutball over it.
We tried to let the other 3 cats get introduced last night. Not as much hissing. It was funny, because Marcel hunched up his back, and ran sideways towards Fidget. It was hysterical, because Fidget just looked at him like hs was nuts. Another moment was when Fidget and Marcel were running towards the same object and did not see one another. When they did, they both did 180's and ran in the opposite direction.
Boo, really isn't too interested yet, and Gabbie, our female, she will come and look in the room as all three do, and last night she let him know She is the boss. She was ok but then hissed and huffed. That was enough introduction for one night.
I know it will take time, as will the healing. Last night, Marcel went to stick his head into my husbands armpit, just like Scooter used to do. It took my breath away.
Anyway, I agree cats are great biggrin.gif , and I am so grateful that Scooter was in our lives, even if for only almost 7 years.
By the way, at the end of my block, there is a cat that looks just like Simba II, sunning himself in the windowsill. I smile and think of your new furbaby when I see him.

Boo, Fidget, Gabbie, Marcel and(Scooter's) Mommy

+Quote Post
RIT & Cleo
post Aug 18 2006, 08:55 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 1,900

You can just see it in Marcel's eye...yep, I am mischievous?!

Yes, let's delight in the small things we see in our newest furbabies. It eases the loss a bit. I do keep thinking how much I love cats...how similar they can be, but then no one will be like Cleo.

PS. Ginger woke me up last night in the big king-size bed. She was romping around - she loves the mounds and folds of the down comforter. She had carrier her favorite ball on the bed and was playing! In the middle of the night, over me. Tee hee.

--------------------
Cleo
Passed on 7/28/06
after 18 full years

Cleo's Story

Cleo's new little sister Ginger

+Quote Post
LS Support
post Aug 19 2006, 04:43 PM
Post #5

Forum Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

by the looks of him, i can tell he is going to drive you batty happy.gif

--------------------

click map

Visit Our Website

Support This Site

Pet Loss Blog

Pet Loss Books

While all people here help each other, there are
times where an advanced degree of help may be needed.

If at any time you feel overwhelmed or consumed
by grief, it is always best to seek professional help.

+Quote Post
Shortrish
post Aug 20 2006, 11:31 AM
Post #6

The other cats are introducing themselves gradually, with the occasional little poke of a paw, supervised of course. And you are right, the bats are circling as I write this, but, it's good to laugh, when I can.

+Quote Post
slbrock59
post Aug 20 2006, 04:13 PM
Post #7

Member No.: 25

You can see the mischief in his eyes happy.gif . Good luck and many happy years together.

--------------------
You left paw prints on our hearts.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:18 PM