Forum Rules Site Rules and Courtesies

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Getting A New Baby, Sassy Girl
Sassy Girl
post Feb 17 2008, 11:02 PM
Post #1

Group: Pet Lovers
Member No.: 4,269

I am getting a new four legged baby. I am happy but still have feeling of guilt. I am still looking out at the door hopping sassy is wanting in.

I know I am ready for another one. I live alone and always had a four legged baby around.

It has been over a month since I have last seen Sassy.

I did get another manx. I bought him from a breeder. I know I am not replacing Sassy. There is no replaceing her. I know I will give my new baby my love. He dose not look Sassy at all. When I was growing up we lost a dog to cancer and we replaced him with another one that looked him and we comparing him with the other so I learne not to do that.

I am still hopping that she dose show up. It is the not knowing is hurting me the most. If I knew for sure she was gone I could deal with it. I know I would be waiting for ever for her to come home. So with a heavey heart I have made up a story that she is keeping an old ladies lap very warm and makeing her happy and if she could come she would. She does have a micro chip in her so it is possible that some day a vet could scan her and I could be a proud mom of two.

Eveyone out there looking for there four legged babies don't give up hope.

Take Care

Sandy
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
paris
post Feb 18 2008, 07:51 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 3,227

Hi Sassy girl,

I understand how you feel. The 'not knowing' is so difficult. When do you give up? If a cat dies, you know it, you mourn it, you move on. When a cat disappears, you just don't know if he's dead, alive, will turn up some day. I do read all sorts of stories of cats returning or being found. I am also waitiing for my Bennett to show up at the back door. He's microchipped also, which is somewhat of a relief. At least that base is covered.

Have you gotten the new cat yet? Is it a kitten? I've thought of getting another cat, to fill the hole, but I can't get myself to do it. I'm afraid I'd be trying to replace Bennett and may end up not loving the new cat.

+Quote Post
Sassy Girl
post Feb 18 2008, 03:10 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 4,269

Pairs,

I pick him up this Saturday.

I hear what you are saying about replaceing your baby, but you are not replaceing him. There is no replacing. I think if you did get another fur baby he or she would get you to love them.

I had Frisky for about 8 years when he past away from cancer. I did not think I could ever get another fur baby after him. He holds a special place in my heart. Than I got my Sassy Girl. I still love Frisky. I loved Sassy Girl dearly but with Frisky it just was different.

If you do get another fur baby and I think you willl know when the time is right. Get one that complety different. Bennet well always have that special place in your heart.

Take Care,
Sandy

+Quote Post
LoveThem
post Feb 23 2008, 06:27 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 3,876

Have you thought of a name for your new baby? Give us all the details after you get him.

It is wonderful to look into their eyes and see again the unconditional love they are there to give us and receive from us whatever we are willing to give. They give 100%.

I am so happy for you. It really helps the part of healing where we can feel some peace at times.

Keep us updated! rolleyes.gif

--------------------
LITTLE GUY - May 28, 1991 - Sept 10, 2007 - Always in my Heart.
His story: Section D&D: How do I stop crying? and also... My Boy is Gone Forever.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 04:12 AM