2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> I'm Heartbroken!, Lost kitty
RitainMN
post Oct 22 2008, 01:29 PM
Post #21

Group: Pet Lovers
Member No.: 5,142

Thank you, Beth. I know there is some hope, but I keep running through the different scenarios in my mind, and none of them are good, unless some little old lady took him in and doesn't know what microchipping is. Then, someone called me the day after I put ads in the paper from Petfinders, and I paid them $59, but then someone online who also saw my ads told me it could be a scam, so now I'm not only still missing Louie, but some a****** took my money!

Rita
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mink&WillowsMom
post Oct 23 2008, 02:34 AM
Post #22

Group: Pet Lovers
Member No.: 1,750

Be sure to remind all the vets within, say, 50 miles of what Louie looks like. Leave pictures with them, and chat-up the reception staff, so they're consciously aware of who Louie is and that he belongs to YOU. The reason I say this, is that I just learned my local vet doesn't routinely scan all new animals. If I'm an established customer, or a new one, and I bring in "my new cat" for a check-up or shots, the animal doesn't get scanned for a chip. Unless the customer expressly ASKS to have the animal scanned, it likely won't happen. Maybe they stole the animal, maybe they've never heard of micro-chipping, maybe they bought it from someone else and have *no idea* the animal is missing. Make sure the techs at each vet office are familiar enough with what Louie looks like that they'd think to themselves, "hmm, Mr. Jones' new cat looks like Louie, let's go get the wand and just make sure."

Also, let the high school make the decision whether they'll post your flyer -- don't make the decision for them. The older I get, the more I learn it never hurts to ask! ~Kim

--------------------
...You precious children, of four feet, whiskers, and mischief...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 02:25 PM