Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Did Hunny Send George To Us?
lynette
post Apr 29 2009, 12:51 PM
Post #1

Group: Pet Lovers
Member No.: 5,667

Last Friday afternoon, a male border collie showed up at my workplace. He was very friendly, just hanging around. I took him home, because I couldn't bear to leave such a beautiful dog here alone over the weekend. I had called the police and the local vet, neither was interested in helping me out. How could I leave him here alone? And I know you shouldn't pick up a dog and then take him home to your other pets without getting him checked over. But what was I to do, nobody else cared?

So, I took him home. We've been looking for his owners ever since. Not one person has phoned. How sad. So "George" is still at home with us. Now we're looking for a new home for him, but I think my husband wants to keep him. We have three other dogs though (house dogs) and George will have to be an outside dog. That's the part I don't like, I think he will feel left out. But he's a really friendly dog and I think he's only about a year or so old. Needs some brushing though, but he looks to be in good health.

Anyway, my husband told me this morning that he thinks maybe Hunny is reincarnated in George, because of something he did yesterday. I don't like that idea, but I'm thinking maybe Hunny sent George to watch over the pups. I know she didn't want to leave because of them, so I wouldn't put it past her to do something like this. This brings tears to my eyes, because I miss her so much, but also because she's still looking out for Izzy, Barney and Casey. I mentioned to my husband and daughter last week that maybe the pups need a big dog to watch out for them, because the neighbours dogs had Izzy pinned to the ground a couple of times (she didn't get hurt). Maybe this is Hunny's way of letting us know that she is still watching over them.

Could it be that Hunny sent George? Is he meant to stay with us? I don't want to give him to a humane society. I know they do wonderful things, but he's just too nice to be left in such a place.

Is four dogs too much? I don't know what to do. I took down one of the posters today, and plan on taking down the others. I had planned to replace them with a looking for a good home one, but now......? I just don't know.

It is starting to look like someone dumped him. How can people be so damn cruel?!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
LoveThem
post Apr 29 2009, 03:38 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 3,876

I don't know what to do. I took down one of the posters today, and plan on taking down the others. I had planned to replace them with a looking for a good home one, but now......? I just don't know.

I think you just answered your own question. (taking down the posters and your husband's idea about Hunny).

Whatever feels right to do...is the right thing to do....that is the best answer I can think of.

Kind of reminds me of when I adopted my rescue cat from the SPCA and they told me that when one is adopted...there is a vacancy..and they go rescue another one to fill that vacancy.

Well, my new boy filled my vacancy when my Little Guy left and it looks as though George may be doing the same thing in your home.

Talk it over with your husband.....sounds like you two are thinking alike....look into George's eyes and ask yourself...does it feel right?

(That's what I did with my new boy Lucky.....looked into his eyes and found my answer).

Hugs and happiness to you and your family,
Judy

--------------------
LITTLE GUY - May 28, 1991 - Sept 10, 2007 - Always in my Heart.
His story: Section D&D: How do I stop crying? and also... My Boy is Gone Forever.

+Quote Post
lynette
post Apr 29 2009, 04:18 PM
Post #3

Thanks for your advice. I think we'll have to make a decision tonight. I had emailed a local border collie rescue yesterday and I talked to them today. They offered to run him through their vet at a discounted rate if we decided to keep him. I thought that was really admiral. They sound like a great place to put him if we don't though. I have a feeling we'll be keeping him though.

How can I get rid of him now - now that the thought of Hunny sending him has crossed my mind? If she did send him and we let him go, I don't think she would ever forgive us.

Thanks again.

+Quote Post
ann
post Apr 30 2009, 12:51 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 4,838

Hello again, I think this is an unexpected special gift you've received. If it were me, I'd keep him. However, I would still leave up posters or a newspaper ad just in case there is someone out there who is looking frantically for their pet. You will get attached either way. If someone claims him, then you'll have to let him go. If you give him to the HS, you'll always wonder about him. If you keep him( I hope you do) so, you have 4 dogs, so what. 4x the love. Nothing wrong with that!...Have you checked him for a microchip??..Please let us know what happens, and send a photo..Hugs..Ann

+Quote Post
lynette
post May 4 2009, 11:41 AM
Post #5

Looks like we will be keeping George. My husband wants him, because he believes that Hunny sent him to us. I'm not sure about that. But then I'm still missing Hunny and Lily so much, that maybe I'm afraid to get attached to another one. Maybe now I will, now that we have stopped looking for his owners or a new owner. I can't believe that not one person phoned about him. Well, actually I can. But he is such a sweetie, how can he be unwanted? Some people are just so cruel.

I know I'll love him. But Hunny and Lily have taken a massive part of my heart with them to the Bridge. And it's only been four weeks since we had to let Hunny go.

I know we did the right thing by letting her go, but how do you explain it to people, to yourself? It's hard to say that we lost her or that she left, because technically she didn't leave, we SENT her away. I know it was the best thing to do, but it's still hard to deal with. Some times, my heart just aches for her.

And a friend of mine has just lost another dog. He was just a pup. Rat poison. This is the third one in a month. That's just so awful. She is just mad at the people they're renting from. They were supposed to have cleaned up this stuff.

It makes me so mad that some people just have no respect for animals.

So, I guess we'll be building a dog house for George now that we know he's staying.

Oh well, the more the merrier right? He'll be a good dog. My husband is going to start training him tonight.

+Quote Post
lynette
post May 21 2009, 09:37 AM
Post #6

Well, George is still with us. Some guy phoned Tuesday evening about him. It's been almost four weeks! I don't believe George is his dog though. This guy lost his dog last August and they live about an hour and a half from us. I think he was just hoping, grasping at straws. It sounded like George, but his dog would be four and George is only about a year old. The guy said his dog was micro chipped. So we took George to the vet yesterday to check. He does not have a micro chip and they also estimated him to be only a year. The man said he would email a photo of his dog, still haven't received it yet. So, maybe he realized that it wasn't his. So sad though, that's a long time to be missing with no answers. It would have been a happy ending maybe if George was his. But Chuck and Carly would have been heartbroken if he went. They've fallen in love with him.

I don't think I have opened my heart up to him yet. I'm still grieving for Hunny and for Lily. I miss them both so much that it hurts. Driving to and from work is the hardest time of day. That's when I have the time to think about them. I think I cry everyday for them still. But I have to admit I was a little sad when the guy phoned the other night, and I was silently hoping that George wasn't micro chipped. So, I guess I'm starting to fall for him.

I think we'll wait a couple more weeks before we take him in for his shots. Don't want to invest anything in him just yet.

Meanwhile I deleted the lost and found ad I had put in the paper. Guess that confirms that I don't want him to go now.

Life if hard without my babies though.

+Quote Post
patricia
post May 26 2009, 02:34 PM
Post #7

Member No.: 5,599

i believe that everything happens for a reason. a week after my little cat died (id had him for 14 years and his brother died last year) i was broken. i really didnt know how i was going to survive. but a week after he had passed away, my friend and apt manager caught me comiing in from work one nite. mind you, i NEVER see her, but this nite it was like she was waiting for me. she mentioned she needed to talk to me. it seems she remembered that months ago, i had been considering adopting a little dog. i had decided against it and i had been glad i did at the time because shortly after my fred was diagnosed with diabetes. (and btw the little dog i had been considering adopting was adopted by someone else, hmmm) anyways she told me a really sad story about a little dog who had a rough life up til now (she was currently 6.5 months old) and need a forever home and would i take her in? i love all animals and would do anything for them but my goodness it was too soon and i was flooded with all sorts of emotions. but then it hit me. i wondered if my little fred was sending her my way because he knew that his momma was too brkenhrted and needed a little one to hug and kiss and fuss over. and i made the decision to take her. it wasnt easy. they brought lucy over the following saturday and i remember sitting and crying. i missed my fred even more that day and i didnt think i would ever bond with this new dog. in a wierd way i wanted her to understand that i was doing this because of my love for all animals and that she would never ever have the place in my heart that fred did. that nite i called my friends to come take her away. luckily i have wonderful friends that convinced me to keep trying. well its a long story but my little lucy is the love of my life. she makes me laugh…and cry when i realized she chewed thru the door molding. but she was my little life saver. she dried up my tears or i should say, chasing her around, dried up my tears. i still cry over my fred but now, i realize that lucy is not replacing fred. that will never happen. lucy is a wonderful addition to my family. the other thing i have learned is that when i tried to get my friends to come get lucy, i was putting up a wall because to love her meant that one day i would lose her and we all know that pain is just too hard. maybe thats why you are a little apprehensive about george. i do believe that there was a reason george came to you. he will not and cannot ever replace hunny or lily. but george may be the one to help you get thru this pain. i know lucy was my saving grace. if she wasnt otherwise known as lucy-fur, i would tell you shes my little angel. allow yourself to love george. i know its scary. but your heart is so so big that i believe it has room for george. like i said, i believe everything happens for a reason.

patricia

+Quote Post
lynette
post May 27 2009, 09:23 AM
Post #8

Thanks for your words of encouragement.

I'm not sure why I haven't let George in yet. I was concerned when we got him that it wouldn't be fair to him because our other three dogs are house dogs. George is a bit too big for another house dog. I feel guilty that he has to stay outside more than they do. Maybe that's why I haven't quite let him into my heart yet. I don't know. I know I will eventually.

I'm pretty sure he's here to stay though.

+Quote Post
patricia
post May 27 2009, 12:56 PM
Post #9

Member No.: 5,599

i know you will too! and when you feel guilty about george being outside much more than the other ones, just think he has a home now and whats better than that? he has a loving family that takes care of him, feeds him, makes sure hes ok, loves him. could george be any luckier? i dont think so. you have a wonderful heart and will be blessed so many times over for taking george in. and i dont have to tell you that the love you will get in return from george will be priceless.
patricia

+Quote Post
LoveThem
post May 28 2009, 01:59 PM
Post #10

Member No.: 3,876

Maybe George will become an inside dog in time. You said about him just showing up outside. Maybe he has been in an inside home before. I guess seeing how he is inside, helps to figure that out. I always had dogs his size and I did have a special one inside with me for a long time. I know when they just lie around cause they want to be near you...they don't take up much space. If they are very active..well, that's another story.

As far as letting him into your heart...I have the feeling he may already be there..from all you have said. If not, there is no hurry from him....as we know these babies and their unconditional love are happy to be with us...they love when we pay attention to them...but we know they can love us anyway. He is just happy to be with you and your husband. Anything more that comes is just "gravy" to him. That's why these sweethearts are so special.

Hugs to you and your family....I know George is just fine and has found a perfect home.
Judy

--------------------
LITTLE GUY - May 28, 1991 - Sept 10, 2007 - Always in my Heart.
His story: Section D&D: How do I stop crying? and also... My Boy is Gone Forever.

+Quote Post
lynette
post May 28 2009, 02:59 PM
Post #11

Thanks.

It's good to know that there are such wonderful people in this world.

I appreciate everyone's comforting words.

+Quote Post
Monique
post Jul 30 2014, 12:57 PM
Post #12

Member No.: 8,373

So, how is George? Is he an inside dog now?

--------------------

*~ * * ~*~ * * *~ * * ~*~ * * *~ * * ~*~ * *
............................Monique
('>...... (\ /)
/))...... ( . .) ..... (^..^)~ ..... ()..() ..... (<. .>
)
/"..... c('')('') ......." "............o................" "
*~ * * ~*~ * * *~ * * ~*~ * * *~ * * ~*~ * *

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:09 AM