IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules Site Rules and Courtesies
3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Goliath Aloysius 1/25/1997 Til 11/6/2007, Giving Thanks For A Special Angelversary
AngelCareOne
post Nov 6 2009, 10:48 PM
Post #21

Group: Pet Lovers
Member No.: 4,797

{*{*{*{*{*Beth*}*}*}*}*} That was so very beautiful. Fur kid Angels like your Goliath are such a rare find which makes him even that much more of a treasure to you and all those whose hearts he's touched. This song and video is one that I also gifted to Alex, but feels extremely appropriate for you and Goliath especially given the manner in which you ended your post. Your palpably heartfelt sweet, tender and loving good night to your immortal beloved fur child. Perhaps I'm way out in left field, I don't know, but I believe I saw, heard and felt your tears. Yes, I realize that eventually time heals, however these Angelversaries can be and many times are indescribably unbearable, painful and lonely. We reach out to those like minded people who understand that these are not, not, not just dogs, cats, bunnies, ferrets, hamsters. These are our family just the same as our very own flesh and blood. They are our fur and feather children.

Sweet Beth, you paid a very lovely and loving tribute to sweet Goliath in your post and your actions. I know with all my being that your heart and soul are with Goliath right now. I wish, hope and pray that you sleep soundly tonight knowing that your fur baby is only just a breath away and really has never left your side even for a moment. If I possessed mystical, magical, marvelous fairy dust, I'd sprinkle it upon you and Goliath as you snuggle together and dream of fond, lovely, cute, humorous and loving memories. Oh Beth, indeed we are blessed to have had them for the time we did. It's sort of like a not so very funny cosmic joke that we're all destined to outlive our most beloved, cherished fur kids by decades. And ya know what? I'll bet my bottom dollar that Goliath "gets the joke" from where he sits at the vantage point in that great Catbird Seat.

He's watching over you, Beth. I pray that he appears to you tonight, smiles, takes you by your hand and you both go walking in the air together. Ahhh. May you be engulfed in Peace and in the knowledge that you and your sweet baby will indeed be reunited on that One Sweet Day. Until then, and for tonight, may you and your precious fur kid Angel Goliath go out together, hand in hand, up to the stars and walking in the air. Many Comforting Hugs!!!

"Walking in the Air"

We're Walking in the Air ... Floating in the Sky ...
Floating in the Air ...

We're walking in the Air
We're floating in the moonlit Sky
The people far below are sleeping as we Fly

We're holding very tight
I'm riding in the midnight blue
I'm finding I can Fly so high above with you!

Far across the world
The villages go by like dreams
The rivers and the hills
The forests and the streams

Children gaze open mouth
Taken by surprise
Nobody down below believes their eyes!

We're surfing in the Air
We're swimming in the frozen sky
We're drifting over icy
Mountains floating by

Suddenly swooping low on an ocean deep
Arousing of a mighty monster from its sleep!

We're walking in the Air
We're dancing in the midnight sky
And everyone who sees us greets us as we Fly!

Goliath, your Mommy Beth is blowing many Kisses to you and Loves you So Very Much!!!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Bue's Mommy
post Nov 13 2009, 01:04 AM
Post #22

Member No.: 3,362

Hugs Beth, I'm so sorry I missed your angelversary. I haven't been here for a while. How are you doing? I know what you mean when you say he taught you compassion/love. I remember the pics of Goliath when you first came here. I remember telling you I baby sat for a Chihuahua, who almost got scooped up by a red tail hawk while I was letting her do her buisness outside. You were so kind to me, and so many others on this site. I'm glad you find comfort in coming back to share this with us.

Take Care Beth

--------------------

+Quote Post
myhrtisbrkn
post Nov 14 2009, 11:13 PM
Post #23

Member No.: 2,048

Hi Beth,

I too missed Goliath's angelversary unsure.gif ...so sorry. For some reason I had it in my head that it was the 16th.

I don't come here much anymore. I didn't even post for Sadie, Oct 20 th. Yet I know, that you know, that Sadie is in my heart at all times. So too are you and Goliath, always in my heart, which is changed, for the better by the two of you...forever.

Love to B and G
Dayna wub.gif

--------------------
"You in heaven...be aware. When my day comes I will be there. Then open your gates and you will see....on wings you gave, they'll fly to me"

Blessed is he who has earned the love of an old dog.

Rescue one, until there are none!

+Quote Post
goliath
post Nov 20 2009, 10:13 PM
Post #24

Member No.: 4,239

Thanks Dottie for your lovely reply. Yes, Goliath will always be with me now and forever. There's no doubt in my mind about that. Though I do miss him every day, I'm so thankful that I miss him in a good kind of way. Had it not been for his physical death, my life would never have gone in the many directions it has. Through his death I found purpose in life and spend my time trying to make a difference for the good of all. I know now just how quickly someone you love can be gone in the snap of a finger, so I spend lots of time with family, friends, and my other furry kids. I realize today what really matters in life and love what I'm doing with mine. biggrin.gif

Hugs, Beth

--------------------
Topics that include Goliath are:
Death of my Furry Baby Boy Chihuahua
Heartfelt Letter to my Goliath
Goliath and Gidget Pics
Happy Birthday Goliath
Goliath's Blessings
Bouncing Baby Browser (Goliath & Gidget's New Baby Brother)
Browser Is Missing!
Goliath Aloysius 1/25/1997 til 11/6/2007
My Gidgie Girl

+Quote Post
goliath
post Nov 20 2009, 10:19 PM
Post #25

QUOTE (Bue's Mommy @ Nov 13 2009, 01:04 AM) *
[b][size=2][color="#4169E1"] I know what you mean when you say he taught you compassion/love.

Hiya Bue's Mommy,

I'm so glad you came by and acknowledged Goliath's second angelversary. It's always good to hear from you girl.

Yes! Goliath changed my life forever when he came into my heart and home that's for sure. But I think his death put my life in a real perspective. That sweet love of his will always be with me and in me and I thank God every single day for choosing me for him to live his life with. Truly I was blessed in an everlasting way. wub.gif

Hugs to you girl. Please stay in touch.

Beth

--------------------
Goliath and Gidget Pics
Happy Birthday Goliath
Goliath's Blessings
Browser Is Missing!
My Gidgie Girl

+Quote Post
goliath
post Nov 20 2009, 10:45 PM
Post #26

QUOTE (myhrtisbrkn @ Nov 14 2009, 11:13 PM) *

I too missed Goliath's angelversary unsure.gif ...so sorry. For some reason I had it in my head that it was the 16th.

I don't come here much anymore. I didn't even post for Sadie, Oct 20 th. Yet I know, that you know, that Sadie is in my heart at all times. So too are you and Goliath, always in my heart, which is changed, for the better by the two of you...forever.

Hi Dayna,

No apologies please. You know I love you girl. I rarely come to LS anymore myself. There was a time I needed to be here 24/7 for the most part and I'm happy to say that I found a way to work through those dark days. You've always been there for me Dayna and because of you I also feel blessed. What good loving friends we've made here through what started as a tragic time in our lives.

I'm leaving for Texas in the morning to spend the holiday week with my sister and her family. One of the many things that has stayed with me since Goliath's death is that spending quality time with those I love as much as possible is very important to me. I've also cut my hours at work now so that my time is better spent on what really matters. Life is good, full, and more than satisfying. Our Lord has been very generous in blessing me with a wonderful husband, furry kids, and fantastic friends.

I hope you were blessed with smiles and happy tears when Sadie's angelversay came around. Such sweet sorrow huh? We'll always miss them that's for sure. When such a loved furry makes such a huge impact on our own lives and enrich our spirits permanently, they always stay in our minds and hearts. I'm very grateful for having known such a love in my life and I know that you also have been blessed with so many to love.

Much love to you, Charles, Birga & Amos. Have a very Happy Thanksgiving.

Huggers,
Beth

--------------------
Goliath and Gidget Pics
Happy Birthday Goliath
Goliath's Blessings
Browser Is Missing!
My Gidgie Girl

+Quote Post
Candy's Dad
post Nov 24 2009, 02:58 PM
Post #27

Member No.: 4,801

My heart and thoughts will be with you this holiday and anniversary. Everytime I look at my dog Chili I actually think about goliath.

God Bless.

Candy's Dad

Hal

+Quote Post
goliath
post Dec 4 2009, 02:21 AM
Post #28

QUOTE (Candy's Dad @ Nov 24 2009, 02:58 PM) *
My heart and thoughts will be with you this holiday and anniversary. Everytime I look at my dog Chili I actually think about goliath.

Hiya Hal,

Thanks so much for coming by to express your hearfelt thoughts. Goliath truly was a character and it makes me happy to know that he leaves you with thoughts about him when you look at Chili. He made a memorable impact on people who knew him when he was alive and also on many who only met him through his death here at LS. wub.gif

Through our grief together we found hope, inspiration, and another way back to happiness again and I will forever be grateful for you and others who helped me along this long journey of healing. smile.gif

I hope your little hooligans are getting along well with you and Chuck. They truly are healing helpers from Heaven aren't they? rolleyes.gif

Huggers,
Beth

--------------------
Goliath and Gidget Pics
Happy Birthday Goliath
Goliath's Blessings
Browser Is Missing!
My Gidgie Girl

+Quote Post
goliath
post Nov 6 2010, 07:34 AM
Post #29

As the sun begins rising this morning, I realize I've been awake for several hours. As always, my first thought of the day is of my sweet Goliath and just how much love he brought into my world. That special kind of love that never leaves a heart is still in mine. His memory has not faded in any way as I picture his face so permanenetly and clearly etched in my mind. Though I feel a bit saddened on this day, I allow myself to remember his little self in only the fondest of ways. As I write this, I hear the pitter patter of Browser and Bugsy's feet on the upstairs floors. Soon, my husband will carry Gidget down the stairs and Goliath's brothers will race each other to see who can cover me with wet little kisses first. laugh.gif

On this 3rd Angelversary of Goliath's, there is a feeling of something missing. But there is also a deep gratitude that I shall always have the happy memories he left for me that I will always hold the very closest to my heart. Our special loving bond has remained unbroken. Nothing will ever break that connection we have with each other now or ever. Until that grand day that we are reunited, he will be my first thought in the morning and my last thought before going to sleep. Browser and Bugsy cuddle close with us each night as we sleep, and once again this morning I awakened to their soft little snores. As I listened to them, I thought life is good and assimilated the moment, feeling the comfort, love and joy they bring into my heart and home.

Thank you Lord for blessing me abundantly with so much love in my life. As I give thanks for those blessings today, I remember Goliath as my greatest blessing. wub.gif

Hugs of peace, joy, love, and comfort to all.

Beth

--------------------
Goliath and Gidget Pics
Happy Birthday Goliath
Goliath's Blessings
Browser Is Missing!
My Gidgie Girl

+Quote Post
katzen11
post Nov 8 2010, 03:15 PM
Post #30

Member No.: 3,125

dear Beth
thank you so much for sharing your life and your love to Goliath with us

wub.gif Eva

--------------------
in loving memory of my sweet babycat Felice
+ 8 december 2006

+Quote Post
goliath
post Nov 6 2011, 02:01 PM
Post #31

My dear sweet Goliath wub.gif It was 4 years ago today that we became separated by worlds. You are still as alive as ever in my mind and in my heart and always will be Shortstuff. One day you and I will be together again. The thought of that day brings me so much joy. As I write this, Browser and Bugsy are laying on my lap and your sister, Gidget, is on the couch. As time goes on, know that my love for you and the time we had together are what I hold closest to my heart. Our bond was made never to be broken. Stay well my precious angel....................I will love you til the day after forever! wub.gif

--------------------
Goliath and Gidget Pics
Happy Birthday Goliath
Goliath's Blessings
Browser Is Missing!
My Gidgie Girl

+Quote Post
katzen11
post Nov 7 2011, 01:07 PM
Post #32

dear Beth!
Sweet little Goliath wub.gif has been really a very special dog, to You, to a lot of LS-members and to me.
It is 4 years already that he crossed the Rainbowbridge?!
Thinking and feeling with You at his 4th angelversary.
So his sister Gidget is still enjoing life, that is really great, must be an old precious Lady by now.
Love to You an Your little ones Browser and Bugsy ......... smile.gif
Eva
with little mad Mr.Lix

--------------------
+ 8 december 2006

+Quote Post
goliath
post Nov 6 2012, 05:14 PM
Post #33

My sweet sweet Goliath.............Five years ago today you left my arms on the wings of an angel. Not one day has gone by where I haven't thought of you many times over. You were the best thing that ever happened to me in my life and I am so grateful that I carry the times we shared in my memory and heart. Because of you I am a better me and I long for the day where you and I will reunite never to be separated again.

Gidget, Browser, and Bugsy are absolutely wonderful and make for many laughs and enjoyable as well as memorable days for Daddy and me. But your pitter patter of feet and happy noises are sorely missed and I believe will always be missed no matter what else is going on.

Your love has never left me and I hope my love remains with you too Goliath as our bond is so strong yet to this day and forever shall be as we have the kind of bond sealed with such a strong love that can never be broken. wub.gif

Untill that day we can be together again in Heaven where there are no tears I will continue to think about you each and every day. Thank you soooooo much for the beautiful memories we made together. Those belong to you and me and can never be taken away.

I will love you til the day after forever baby boy! wub.gif

Love always,
Mama

--------------------
Goliath and Gidget Pics
Happy Birthday Goliath
Goliath's Blessings
Browser Is Missing!
My Gidgie Girl

+Quote Post
missingmygranny
post Nov 6 2012, 06:29 PM
Post #34

Member No.: 7,727

Oh what a BEAUTIFUL tribute to your babies! They obviously were very loved as were you by them!

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post Nov 7 2012, 11:33 AM
Post #35

Forum Moderator

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 4,861

Hi, Beth, thank you so much for sharing with us your and your beloved Goliath's 5 year angel-versary. It truly does not matter how much time continues on during our earthly journey - - our beloved companions are ALWAYS and FOREVER a part of us - - they are always and forever a heartbeat close to us.

I hope today is treating you kindly, Beth, and that you will have a very peaceful evening blessed with your beloved Goliath's sweet Living Spirit to comfort you. Please know you are in my thoughts and prayers, and please let us know how you're doing.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------
In heaven's perfect garden there is no grief or pain, and all of God's creation join the angels' sweet refrain.

The most blessed way I have of knowing God's comforting love and grace is to look into the eyes and heart of God's creatures' sweet angelic face.

+Quote Post
katzen11
post Nov 8 2012, 01:45 PM
Post #36

sweet dear Goliath wub.gif
I will love You and remember You forever
Eva

--------------------
+ 8 december 2006

+Quote Post
goliath
post Nov 6 2013, 06:56 AM
Post #37

Dear Goliath,
It's been six years ago now that you left this world on the wings of an angel. My love for you remains embedded in my heart and your sweet face and antics in my mind. One day we will meet again when God calls me home where we'll be together for all eternity. Though life for me moves on, I have not missed one day thinking about you and all the wonderful years we shared together. Those memories we made together will never be forgotten as they were the best years of my life. Though this was the day you passed away in my arms so unexpectedly I am missing you even more. I love you Goliath and I always will!

--------------------
Goliath and Gidget Pics
Happy Birthday Goliath
Goliath's Blessings
Browser Is Missing!
My Gidgie Girl

+Quote Post
goliath
post Nov 6 2014, 07:45 PM
Post #38

WOW!! It doesn't seem like it's been seven years since Goliath left this Earth..........Gidget is now with him too. Not one day passes that I don't think of him many times over. But it's easier to allow
myself to enjoy the memories we made together. Goliath & Gidget will remain
in my heart forever. Happy 7th Angelversary my sweet Goliath!! I will love you til the day after forever wub.gif

--------------------
Goliath and Gidget Pics
Happy Birthday Goliath
Goliath's Blessings
Browser Is Missing!
My Gidgie Girl

+Quote Post
Gretta's Mom
post Nov 7 2014, 05:39 AM
Post #39

Member No.: 7,067

Happy Birthday Goliath and Gidget,

Two huge spirits in two tiny bodies.

Thank you for bringing so much happiness into this world.

Gretta and Rufus's mom

+Quote Post
goliath
post Nov 18 2014, 05:35 PM
Post #40

QUOTE (Gretta's Mom @ Nov 7 2014, 05:39 AM) *
Happy Birthday Goliath and Gidget,

Two huge spirits in two tiny bodies.

Thank you for bringing so much happiness into this world.

Gretta and Rufus's mom

Yes they were 2 very huge spirits!! I'm sorry I didn't come back sooner Gretta's Mom to see your post. It's been quite an adjustment getting used to not having Gidget around in the house. November is the month of the year that I find saddest. With Goliath's Angelversary following Gidget's death less than a month after, I've caught some really tearful moments. I'll always be grateful that I was so privileged to spend their lives with me. Knowing in my heart that one day I'll be with them again brings me so much comfort. wub.gif

--------------------
Goliath and Gidget Pics
Happy Birthday Goliath
Goliath's Blessings
Browser Is Missing!
My Gidgie Girl

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 03:07 AM