Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bicky's Story
moon_beam
post Sep 23 2012, 03:14 PM
Post #21

Forum Moderator

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 4,861

Hi, Mark, sending greetings to you. I hope this finds you, Naoko, and all your family doing well. I have been re-reading your beautiful journey with your beloved Bicky, and I can feel the deep sorrow that is still in your heart as you continue your grief adjustment journey.

Thank you so much for sharing with us how you're doing, Mark. I know all to well how some days are easier than others. I hope today is treating you and your family kindly, Mark, and that you will have a peaceful evening blessed with your beloved Bicky's sweet Living Spirit to comfort you. Please know you are frequently in my thoughts and prayers, and always look forward to knowing how you're doing.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------
In heaven's perfect garden there is no grief or pain, and all of God's creation join the angels' sweet refrain.

The most blessed way I have of knowing God's comforting love and grace is to look into the eyes and heart of God's creatures' sweet angelic face.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
marklovesbicky
post Sep 23 2012, 04:56 PM
Post #22

Group: Pet Lovers
Member No.: 6,978

Moonbeam
Thank you so much for your reply. Actually, I tried to post a new chapter of Bicky's story (Chapter 16) but am having
trouble doing so (perhaps the thread has run out of space?). I typed "Bicky" as a short reply to test if that could go through...and it did. But I forgot to remove it (Oops). You were so kind to respond to it though.
I contacted the administrator and hope to have he resolved shortly.
Thank you so much for your support!
Yours, Mark (and Bicky)

+Quote Post
LoveMyMickey
post Sep 23 2012, 05:03 PM
Post #23

Member No.: 7,071

Hi Mark,

I hope you and your family are doing well..... I have been looking forward to chapter 16 about Bicky's crush....I will write more later......God Bless....

LoveMyMickey

--------------------
"Love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation."

+Quote Post
marklovesbicky
post Sep 23 2012, 05:43 PM
Post #24

Hi Lovemymickey
Thank you so much for your interest..but I have some bad new.
When I was writing the chapter of Bicky and his "crush, the lead-in story actually became a story onto itself.
So, long story short, Chapter 17 will be about Bicky's "girlfriend". Sorry!
Thank you again for your support!

QUOTE (LoveMyMickey @ Sep 24 2012, 07:03 AM) *
Hi Mark,

I hope you and your family are doing well..... I have been looking forward to chapter 16 about Bicky's crush....I will write more later......God Bless....

LoveMyMickey

+Quote Post
LoveMyMickey
post Sep 23 2012, 06:27 PM
Post #25

That's okay, Mark, I know I will enjoy it all! smile.gif

LoveMyMickey

--------------------

+Quote Post
marklovesbicky
post Sep 24 2012, 06:49 AM
Post #26

Thanks to all of you for your support. You have helped make these last 20 months so much easier to cope with. I really feel I am among friends here.

----------------------------

Chapter 16 (The Sofa)

It didn't take very long for Bicky to make himself completely at home, Lucky's rather less than friendly reception notwithstanding, Bicky was in suburban heaven and 'living the dream'. He would walk around with that "I just won the lottery" look of his, so elated to have a family that loved him and a home to call his very own. We got him a very ‘comfy’ looking ‘doggy bed (placed majestically in the front of the living room), assorted cute food and drink bowls, and of course the 'necessities' such as dog food, dog shampoo, and treats (sesame jerky was his favorite). In retrospect, I smile to think that Naoko and I were just like two new parents preparing for the arrival of their newborn baby. So by the time Bicky arrived at home, the house was all ready for his grand entrance. He was the prince of our modest house and he reigned over it with adorable regal charm.

There was, however, one place on the ground floor that Bicky was prohibited to go: our new sofa. I had absolutely no problem with it, but Naoko thought that it would be best that we have (at least) one place for guests to sit without the fear of 'doggy hair' getting all over them (and there was CONSIDERABLE dog hair). I recall we had a bit of an argument over this very issue, but in the end, Naoko won out (how surprising), and it was decided that the sofa would be a “No-Bicky-Zone".

So when the new sofa was delivered to our house, we tried to make it clear it to 'The Bixter’ that under no conditions would he be allowed on our latest furniture addition. The sight of Naoko and I gesturing towards the sofa, crossing our arms in an "X" to emphasize that he wasn't supposed to go there, and in harsh and dramatic tones, saying "no!" and "damee" ("no" in nationality), prompted his proportionately perfect little white head to tilt to a slight angle and don a cute innocent perplexed look. Still, he didn't make any motion towards the sofa, so I turned to Naoko, "Ok, I think he's gotten the message". I quickly looked back at Bicky and shouted "Good Boy! His chocolate almond brown eyes twinkling with just a hint of mischief connected with mine, and he appeared to have officially 'acquiesced'.

I walked the delivery men out to the driveway, thanked them for a job well done, and returned to the front door, happy to have the chore of the delivery out of the way and looking forward to a well-earned lunch. Letting the heavy front door close behind me, I sat down in the front hallway, fumbling with the Velcro on my new sandals. "Well that went smoothly". OOPS, boy did I jinx it, because just at the very moment the "ly" syllable of "smoothly" was leaving my lips, I heard the faint but distinct sound of a fur ball thud on the brand new sofa. Instantaneously I stood straight up like an arrow and with an exaggerated ‘gasp’ shouted (actually it was more of a exasperated moan) “Bicky”! I jumped up onto the new hardwood floors of our hallway and leaned my body halfway into the living to confirm with my eyes what my ears had already told me. Yes, the Bixter was indeed on the sofa. And not only was he on the sofa, but he was lying down fully stretched out, looking at me sideways with that "paw caught in the cookie jar” smile of his.
“Bicky”…No, no!
Bicky, jumped down immediately
“Good boy”! I turned my back only to hear that now familiar sofa thud.
I looked back. Bicky was on the sofa again. He smiled at me mischievously as if to ask me “what are you going to do now Mark?" Yes, he was testing me, and I was failing with 'flying colors.'

I scooped all 20 pounds of him, “No Bicky!", and put him down on the newly carpeted living room floor. I really had no understanding at the time of how to properly train a dog. In fact, it was more like Bicky was training me.
One thing was clear though; the more I indicated something was off-limits, the more he wanted to do it. “How human of him”, I thought as I vainly plotted multiple ways of coaxing Bicky to relinquish his affinity with the sofa.

Over the next few days, Bicky eventually did capitulate, but he would gaze at the sofa as if he were Adam gazing at that succulent apple in the Garden of Eden. Then one day, out of the complete blue, Naoko said
“If we put a towel on maybe Bicky could relax on the sofa during the day while we’re at work".
“You mean it”? “I think that’s a great idea” I hurriedly ran up to the closet upstairs (didn’t want to wait for her to change her mind) and came back with an old towel and placed it over the cushions of the sofa. The whole time Bicky was monitoring our conversation, and when I brought the towel down and placed it over the cushions, he knew something was definitely up.
“Bicky!” I motioned towards the sofa…”It’s ok now baby”. He wouldn't budge. His little ears perked up but he still wasn’t sold. I started patting the sofa, "Come on baby, it's ok now".

Finally, his delectable mouth opened and started spreading into one of his full-fledged grins. And with that, he took two steps towards the sofa, coiled like a spring, and catapulted, leaving aeronautical physics to do the rest. And there he was, as proud as Sir Edward Hillary on top of the Himalayas. . No sooner was up there that went from a very formal (upright) sitting position to his relaxed, sprawled out lying position. Bicky sure knew how to make the most of something.

Yes, Bicky had the run of the house…At least on the 1st floor. The steps to the 2nd floor were much too steep for the Bixter to navigate and I had to put a gate on it. Bicky’s little legs looked so fragile and twig-like, I was terrified that if he were ever to take a tumble (and I'm sure he eventually would have), there could be a serious injury.

The Bixter and I soon developed a daily routine that we basically kept for the rest of his life. I would wake up in the early morning around 6:30am (depending on that particular’s day schedule), and in a sleepy haze make my way downstairs. Bicky, having been awakened by my quiet rustling on the 2nd floor and heavy footsteps on the old wooden steps, would be impatiently waiting for me at the bottom of the stairs, donning that exuberant, loving, and endearing smile of his. I would in turn greet Bicky with a morning whisper of "Good morning Handsome", plant a kiss on his forehead or snout, and proceed to open the living room drapes, all the while singing the Beatles’ song “Here comes the Sun”. Then it was just a matter of hooking up his leash and bouncing off the front steps....Onward to yet another one of our adventures! Our morning walks would last upwards to 45 minutes; however, our evening walks would last well over an hour. And on weekends, I would throw in an afternoon walk (at the park with Naoko) for good measure. Life was perfect.

Indeed, these times Bicky and I had together were treasures, each and every one of them.
And it was during one of these magical walks that Bicky would meet the girl of his dreams….

To be continued…

Thank you very much for reading!
Reason for edit: revision to allow for posting in the forum

+Quote Post
marklovesbicky
post Sep 24 2012, 06:52 AM
Post #27

Bicky in his "regal" doggy bed.

+Quote Post
marklovesbicky
post Sep 24 2012, 06:54 AM
Post #28

Bicky on the sofa

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post Sep 24 2012, 09:51 AM
Post #29

Forum Moderator

Hi, Mark, thank you soooooo much for your newest chapter (16) in your, Bicky's, and Naoko's earthly journey. I am sooooo chuckling about the sofa - - and KNEW as I was reading that SOMEHOW you and Naoko would find a "solution" for Bicky's enjoyment of the sofa. And how MARVELLOUS that Bicky met a "girlfriend"??? I can hardly wait for your next chapter!!! Thank you ever sooooo much for sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Bicky with us, Mark.

And thank you for the wonderful pictues of him as well. It is so obvious looking at him that he KNOWS he is loved - - eternally.

As always, my friend, I hope today is treating you and your family kindly, Mark, and that you will have a peaceful evening blessed with your beloved Bicky's sweet Living Spirit to comfort you. Please know you are frequently in my thoughts and prayers, and always look forward to knowing how you're doing.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------
In heaven's perfect garden there is no grief or pain, and all of God's creation join the angels' sweet refrain.

The most blessed way I have of knowing God's comforting love and grace is to look into the eyes and heart of God's creatures' sweet angelic face.

+Quote Post
marklovesbicky
post Sep 26 2012, 02:20 AM
Post #30

Thank you so much Moon_Beam for your kind and thoughtful words. Your devotion to the members of this board
and our fur babies is so inspiring.
Mark (and Bicky)

QUOTE (moon_beam @ Sep 24 2012, 11:51 PM) *
Hi, Mark, thank you soooooo much for your newest chapter (16) in your, Bicky's, and Naoko's earthly journey. I am sooooo chuckling about the sofa - - and KNEW as I was reading that SOMEHOW you and Naoko would find a "solution" for Bicky's enjoyment of the sofa. And how MARVELLOUS that Bicky met a "girlfriend"??? I can hardly wait for your next chapter!!! Thank you ever sooooo much for sharing your treasured memories of your beloved Bicky with us, Mark.

And thank you for the wonderful pictues of him as well. It is so obvious looking at him that he KNOWS he is loved - - eternally.

As always, my friend, I hope today is treating you and your family kindly, Mark, and that you will have a peaceful evening blessed with your beloved Bicky's sweet Living Spirit to comfort you. Please know you are frequently in my thoughts and prayers, and always look forward to knowing how you're doing.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

+Quote Post
LoveMyMickey
post Sep 26 2012, 11:31 AM
Post #31

Hi Mark,

Like moon_beam, I too, got a chuckle out of the sofa incident. I heard that word "damee" quite often when we were over there. I think that's one of the first words we foreigners learn.

I truly enjoyed this chapter and look forward to the next one. Until later, take care....Oh yes, thank you for the pics of Bicky. He looks so elegant.....God Bless..

LoveMyMickey

--------------------

+Quote Post
marklovesbicky
post Sep 27 2012, 11:15 AM
Post #32

Lovemymickey
Thank you so much for the continued support.
So happy to be among friends here....
And yes...Bicky was indeed "elegant"...A little prince (If I do say so myself:))
As was Mickey...

QUOTE (LoveMyMickey @ Sep 27 2012, 01:31 AM) *
Hi Mark,

Like moon_beam, I too, got a chuckle out of the sofa incident. I heard that word "damee" quite often when we were over there. I think that's one of the first words we foreigners learn.

I truly enjoyed this chapter and look forward to the next one. Until later, take care....Oh yes, thank you for the pics of Bicky. He looks so elegant.....God Bless..

LoveMyMickey

+Quote Post
Gretta's Mom
post May 12 2013, 09:23 AM
Post #33

Member No.: 7,067

Hello MarkLoves Bicky

I am Gretta and Rufus's mom - a voice from the past. Ilost my beautiful Rufus - half black lab/half newfie - after only 21 months. He had spenic cancer whic is almost always inoperable. Please don't think I am crazy - it's just, as MOonBeam says, my way og grieving. Especially since I was a half a continent away and he had to go home alone. Tomorrow is his birthday and there is going to be a big party for him up in the Perfect World. I want to give Bicky a special invitation because you and he were so helpful and friendly to me.

Hi Bicky

This is Gretta and Rufus's mom. Have you met Rufus yet? He's big black dog that looks like a black lab only wiwth curlier hair. He's Gretta's sister. Tomorrow is his borthday and there is going to be a party for him up there in the Perfect World. I want to invite you as one of the guests of honor. In the Perfect World, cake and ice cream never run out and never make anybody sick. Could you gather up your relatives and friends and mosey on over where your hear the fun going on? If you haven't met Rufus, maybe you labs can stay around after all the rest of the party guests go home and , as we say on earth, chew the fat together.

Thanks Bicky. I love you.

Gretta and Rufus's mom

+Quote Post
marklovesbicky
post May 13 2013, 01:14 AM
Post #34

QUOTE (Gretta's Mom @ May 12 2013, 11:23 PM) *
Hello MarkLoves Bicky

I am Gretta and Rufus's mom - a voice from the past. Ilost my beautiful Rufus - half black lab/half newfie - after only 21 months. He had spenic cancer whic is almost always inoperable. Please don't think I am crazy - it's just, as MOonBeam says, my way og grieving. Especially since I was a half a continent away and he had to go home alone. Tomorrow is his birthday and there is going to be a big party for him up in the Perfect World. I want to give Bicky a special invitation because you and he were so helpful and friendly to me.

Hi Bicky

This is Gretta and Rufus's mom. Have you met Rufus yet? He's big black dog that looks like a black lab only wiwth curlier hair. He's Gretta's sister. Tomorrow is his borthday and there is going to be a party for him up there in the Perfect World. I want to invite you as one of the guests of honor. In the Perfect World, cake and ice cream never run out and never make anybody sick. Could you gather up your relatives and friends and mosey on over where your hear the fun going on? If you haven't met Rufus, maybe you labs can stay around after all the rest of the party guests go home and , as we say on earth, chew the fat together.

Thanks Bicky. I love you.

Gretta and Rufus's mom

Gretta's AND Rufus's Mom
Of course I still remember you. I can never forget the kind souls on this site that have been helping me through the grieving process of losing my Bicky. And of course, I will pass on the invite to my little Bicky. I have no idea if Bicky has met Rufus but I truly hope that now his spirit and Rufus's have been connected in some way.
Bicky loves cake...especially cheese cake, so I hope there is plenty of that there for him.
Thank you so much again...Such beautiful people on this site have really made a difference in my life.
Yours, Mark and Bicky

+Quote Post
moon_beam
post May 13 2013, 11:00 AM
Post #35

Forum Moderator

Hi, Mark, stopping by to say hello and to let you know you and all your family, and your sweet beloved Bicky, are frequently in my thoughts and prayers. I hope life is treating you kindly.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

--------------------

+Quote Post
marklovesbicky
post May 13 2013, 06:31 PM
Post #36

QUOTE (moon_beam @ May 14 2013, 01:00 AM) *
Hi, Mark, stopping by to say hello and to let you know you and all your family, and your sweet beloved Bicky, are frequently in my thoughts and prayers. I hope life is treating you kindly.

Peace and blessings,
moon_beam

Thank you so much moonbeam. You are very much in my thoughts too.
Yes, life is going very well, I still miss Bicky very much. I know they say time heals everything, but this hole in my heart is sure being stubborn
Thank you so much for your loving support.
Yours, Mark (and Bicky)

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 06:01 AM