IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules Site Rules and Courtesies
14 Pages V  « < 10 11 12 13 14 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> I Love You, Gretta, We're in our new house - hey our friends are here too!
Gretta's Mom
post May 13 2014, 06:45 AM
Post #221

Group: Pet Lovers
Member No.: 7,067

Good morning beautiful Gretta,

For the past month I have relied on the Great Shepherd and Rufus's strength to get me through the days and weeks since Trevor's mom left us and went to the Perfect World.

Now some cracks have formed and tears are escaping. They are a sign that now I need YOUR help. Because you were thrown out of your family as no loner useful. And then you wandered, starving and freezing, through the streets on Minnesota until you were almost dead.

I need your help to go on with the broken heart of living without a family

I heed your help to go on even though you can't understand what you did wrong to have this happen to you

I need your help to go on even though you tried your best to be the best dog possible and they still threw you out

I need your help to go on even though my heart is completely broken

I need your help to find a place to rest my head at night when my home is completely gone

I need your help to get up every morning and start the search for life, for warmth, for a place where there might be people who loved me

I need your help to endure freezing cold and a starving stomach

I need your help to keep that spark of hope alive in my heart

The spark of hope without which you would surely have died and we would never have found each other.

Life and hope, that's what I need your help with.

Year's ago when Trevor's mom was so sick that everyone thought she would surely die, a doctor gave us a plaque that said "Where there is life, there is hope."

That must have been your motto, my Gretta, and now I need you help to make it mine.

I love you sweetheat, the kindest Chocolate lab who ever lived.

Thank you my precious. And when I see you again, I promise we'll play "Who wants to be a wolf?" so you can roll over on your back and show your big teeth that never in your life hurt anyone.

Have a great day in the Perfect World, Babyface. XOXOXOXOXOXOXO

Your mom.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gretta's Mom
post May 22 2014, 05:35 AM
Post #222

Good morning Babyface,

I bought a book called "Beautiful Old Dogs" and of course went directly to the "anonymous" poems written from the old sogs' points of view aand I read the saddest poem I have ever read. Because it was about you. Because it was about a dog apologizing for having grown old. Because it was a dog asking "Please don't throw me away." My heart was shredded. I am still crying over that poem and over another one asking where all his favorite things were and where the family he had lived with all his life had gone and why he was living in a shelter cage where nobody wanted him and they all wanted the cute small dogs.

Gretta, thank you again a million times for choosing me that day so long ago at the adoption event - the first for both of us. For walking over to me ever so gently and laying your white muzzle in my lap and softly pawing my leg saying, "Please take me home." That was the kindest thing any creature of God has ever done to me. My life was changed in that instant - when I chose to hear the voice of your heart, the hope in your eyes and take you home, to your forever home. I did my very best to give you the best life possible. Thank you for forgiving me for all the mistakes I made. You are my first dog and you taught me how to take care of you. We lived in a very cold place so you had to go through the indignity of dog boost and baby sox so the boots wouldn't give your blisters. You always got an "A" in socks and an "A" in boots --- and an "A" in my heart.

Please be with me as my heart breaks for the loss of the dearest person onearth to me - Trevor's mom. I know you lost everything when your cruel people threw you out into the snow - you almost lost your life. We'll never be able to thank our wonderful Dr. Hinson for saving your life and your mom Margie for nursing you back to health and for giving us five wonderful years together. Will you walk over to Trevor's mom and tell her how much I miss her and love her? Even though I know everyone can understand each other in the Perfect World, Just look in her eyes and if she's sitting down, lay your head in her lap and tell her how much she meant to me and how much my heart is breaking with loneliness.

Someday, like you and I, we will all be together in God's Perfect World. I love you Baby G - forever and always.

Mom

+Quote Post
Gretta's Mom
post May 24 2014, 11:35 AM
Post #223

Thank you for joining in the prayer hum for Trevor's dad two nights ago when he took so long to come home. He was buyinng a new car!! Thank you beautiful, kind girl. I know you will pray-hum whenever I ask you. Someday we can pary and hum together.

Your mom

+Quote Post
Gretta's Mom
post Jun 8 2014, 05:51 AM
Post #224

Good morning Gretta the Great,

Today is need YOU especially. I need your gentle smile in the face of loneliness. I need your quiet persistence, mixed with tears and the not knowing what will happen next. I need your soft velvet ears to stroke. I need you to play "Who wants to be a wolf" seeing your lips drop back and expose a full set of teeth that could have looked frightening but because they were yours, they were kind and gentle. I need to hug you and just lie quietly on the floor. I'm looking for an house as much like our old house as possible in a neighborhood that is like our old one. My heart is strengthenedd just to know you are alive and well in the Perfect World. I love you, Gretta the Kind One. I love you.

Your mom

+Quote Post
LoveMyMickey
post Jun 8 2014, 06:20 PM
Post #225

Member No.: 7,071

My Dear Gretta,

Aunt LoveMyMickey here. I hope you and Rufus haven't forgotten me and Mickey. We will never forget you......Gretta, I want you and Rufus to gather all your relatives and friends together in your Perfect World and have a prayer hummmmmm for your mommy.
Pray and guide her to the right house that will help her feel at home. And maybe you all could guide her to a nice big doggie so she won't be so lonesome.

I love you all!

Aunt LoveMyMickey

--------------------
"Love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation."

+Quote Post
Gretta's Mom
post Jun 19 2014, 05:29 AM
Post #226

Hi Gretta Girl

Can I curl up with you and cry into your soft, sweet fur? The dad, who loved you so much no matter how many times you spilled his garbage all over the kitchen, is very sick now and I think he may be joining you soon. Do you think you could organize a prayer-hum for him, Sweetheart? I love him so much anad there is not a thing I can do to help him - except writing him little letters every day. When he shows up there in the Perfect World, please gently take his hand and show him around. Take him first to the Good Shepherd because He is the one who made all of us and who loves all of us and who made the Perfect World possible. Then take him over to the Irish section, where even though the people might not be his actual relatives, he will have the time of his (eternal) life singing and partying with the Irishmen. Did I ever tell you that the town he lives in had a parade for him on Saint Patrick's Day once?

Please be with me in spirit today, my Babyface. I need a kind soul around me and a nice pink tongue to wipe away my many tears - for everything.

I love you, Gretta the Great, and please tell our Rufie that I love him, too, OK?

XOXOXOXOXOOXOOXXOOXOXOXOOXOXOX

Your mom who loves you forever

+Quote Post
Gretta's Mom
post Jun 25 2014, 05:50 AM
Post #227

Good morning Baby G

Mommy loves you and misses you more and more every day. You are the kindest chocolate lab who ever lived. As always, I need your help in adopting a kind heart (and you, now that you are in heaven, know how far away I am from that) and standing still and letting the Good Shepherd help me instead of always trying to do His work for Him. You can see now how wonderful He is and hoe He takes care of all His creatures and loves every one of them. Please put in a good word to Him for your mom and ask Him if He will help me release the burden of the evil sister.

I want my heart to be completely gentle and kind like yours is. Now I am carrying around a big rock where my heart should be because I get "fished in" by her ugly behavior. She's got complete control of the beautiful and kind dad. He's the only being besides you who has a completely kind heart. He loved you so much. He missed you when you went to the Perfect World. I love you, Baby, and like always, I need your help to fix my heart. I've tried so long to fix it and it just keeps on being shredded by the actions of the evil sister. I need to write a letter to God and try as hard as I can to leave it in His hands and He will eventually fix it.

I'm sure by now you've had some wonderful times with the WONDERFUL sister, Bobbie. Please stay by her side with her beautiful Trevor and tell her that I love her and miss her every minute of every day. There will never be an end to my sadness until we are all together in the Perfect World. You made it baby. Now I need to shape up and do what needs to be done so I can make it too and spent eternity with all of you.

I love you, Baby G. You are my first dog and always will be. Say hi to Rufus for me, OK? I'll write to him tomorrow.

XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOX

Mommie

+Quote Post
Gretta's Mom
post Jun 30 2014, 07:01 AM
Post #228

Baby G,

Can you do me a big favor, please? Organize a prayer hum for Trevor's brother Dreamer? He's got a gut problem and it doesn't seem to be going away. Please ask the Good Shepherd to touch him with His loving hand and make him well. Thank you so much, Babyface - the kindest chocolate lab who ever lived.

I love and miss you more every day.

P.S. be sure to invite Trevor's mom. She can explain more about doggie's health problems and maybe send us a hint as to what she did to help them get better.

XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO

Your mom who loves you and will never stop.

+Quote Post
My Doxie and Me
post Jun 30 2014, 07:51 PM
Post #229

Member No.: 7,200

always my first stop on LS

Hello my friend I hide my feelings to this day I miss my friend... I miss Gretta... I miss Rufus as you kneel by his cage with hope of... I know my friend.. Believe..
Great shepherd pass by are dreams.. Or do they can you hear... Angels sing for the love of... Walks in past dreams bring mind to run with... Jeanne what to say
and what might be the gift of life I have crossed in this wake of.. Heavy heart brings us to see...
Attached Image
I'am lost in my thoughts as I hear a whisper Mountians tell a story as I run with my faith in hopes to find a friend that passes as we speak without words...
Shepherds lay within as we believe.. In search of the ones we love.. With willows lay within each breath we stop.. and listen to the great tree that sings
with the little girl that plays on the swing... As she speaks each word paves a runway for others to see as we hold arms wide as....
I miss my Gretta..
I miss my Rufus...
I miss My.. I miss..

I my friend lost and in my... Thunder is so loud tonight I hold my friend as I write letters to show a gift of love to others... As the great shepherd guides us
we find life as we fill are hearts so others my pass through to hold and live life as we watch the sun shine on are dearest friends...
Attached Image

Dear shepherd watch these steps in are life as they mean so much to so many that reach for the love of are... Gift of life starts with the purest of hearts
as I watch the great gretta sleep in peace...
Attached Image
Jeanne i'am...yet I seek a paw print in time as I weep... you my dear friend lift my head to see great beauty as I watch a perfect Tree..
Attached Image
Stay strong my friend as you have given me strength as I... And always will be the light that shines...Within the beauty that kneels for are friends
is so bright I cant leave without a shower of emotion for all the love and good deed;... you have brought to are hearts.. see the beauty for yourself...
Attached Image
Thy shepherd speaks of great love that whispers in all are hearts that we see as bright light brings clarity as we kneel....

Forgive my words as I see with my heart I speak to my friends....

+Quote Post
Gretta's Mom
post Jul 5 2014, 05:16 AM
Post #230

Dearest Baby Gretta

Do you see the beautiful poem that My Doxie has written for us? His beautiful words always bring tears to mommie's eyes. Tears because the words are so beautiful and because you have to look behind the words to see the true and lasting love behind them. He who can write these beautiful, woven messages can truly understand how truly you have woven yourself into my heart. I am no longer just Jeanne, trying to make my way in this world as best I can - helping the people I can, when I can, and loving all of God's precious creatures, especially dogs, and most especially senior dogs, my precious white muzzlers. Baby Gretta, you are my first dog, You are the one who opened my heart. You are the one who gently showed me what a dog with a broken heart needed. Remember the night we make our promises to each other? Every time I though about you - freezing, starving, soul dying of sadness and fear, I wept for you. And I know you wept for me, too. A solitary soul. A steel heart - one needed to support a family of my own - half of whom loved me and half of whom hated me, but all of whom needed someone to go out into the world and do what was needed to feed them and house them and care for them. Just like you did with all your many puppies. And then suddenly we're turned out. What did we do wrong? We were worker, strugglers, providers. We didn't have the luxury of tending to our our needs, let alone our own hearts. But then we found each other. We spent oh so many nights telling each other our stories. And in the telling and retelling, our love for each other grew until it reached the heavens. At the time, the day I held you in my arms as you gently passed over the rainbow Bridge to the Perfect World was the saddest day of my life. Now the beautiful Rufus, whom you sent me to lighten my heart, is gone from this earth and has made it to the Perfect World, too. And the day of sadness which will NEVER be surpassed is the day I watched as my beautiful, incredible sister Bobbie struggled for breath, body eaten up by cancer - undetected in time by the best doctors in the mortal world - and finally came to the end of her strength and just stopped breathing. It was and always will be the saddest day of my life. That's what it looked like on THIS side. But on the OTHER side, what a day of rejoicing it must have been. Carried into heaven on the arms of the good shepherd. Perfectly free - free of pain, free of illness, free of medicines, free of hospitals, free on fear, free of sadness. Only health, happiness, strength, youth and infinite blue skies stretching to forever for her and all her friends - her dogs and her people. Love all around. And just like when God first created the earth, everyone speaks the same language, the divine language of love. God bless you Gretta Girl, for opening my heart to this Perfect World. Someday I will be there to join all of you in perfect, unending love and peace. Some bright morning .....

Until then, I love you more than there are stars in the sky.

Mommie

+Quote Post
Gretta's Mom
post Jul 10 2014, 08:32 AM
Post #231

Good, good morning Gretta Girl,

Would you go with me to the dog sanctuary in a few minutes? My heavy heart would just like to curl up in bed and not get out and cry, but that's not going to help anything or anybody. And I know when I get there it will be OK. I'll probably get to clean the big dog room again today. That's OK, I love the big dogs and there arent' too many of them.

I'll write when I get home.

I love you from here to the sky and back. Are you taking care of Rufus and Georgie?

Maybe you could ask Georgie to send down some real strong love rays to his mom. She is still VERY VERY sad about not having him with her.

I love you Baby Gretta.

Your mommie

+Quote Post
Gretta's Mom
post Jul 19 2014, 06:02 AM
Post #232

Good morning my first doggie forever!

During the next week I an going to visit the dad and I will need your gentleness and kindness more than I have ever needed it in my life. I know you know why. Gretta, you opened my heart to dogs and to love. Now I need to grab hold of your bravery in the darkest of your days when you wandered the ice cold streets of Saint Paul and almost starved to death. But this horrrible experience and the even more horrible one of being thrown out by your people for nothing you had done but love them and keep on making puppies they could make money from. I hope your heart healed during the years we had together. I would have done ANYTHING for you - and still will.

Please walk with me very closely for the next week. I need you, Babyface.

I love you more than ever. Someday we WILL be together.

XOXXOXOXOOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOX

Your mom

+Quote Post
Gretta's Mom
post Jul 21 2014, 05:22 AM
Post #233

Good morning Gretta Baby,

Today all I want to do is hug you and cry into your soft. velvet ears, OK? You know why. Thank you Baby for searching all over the universe to find me. I love you. And please say hi to Bobbie and Trevor.

Thank you honey bun. I love you.

Your mom

+Quote Post
Gretta's Mom
post Aug 3 2014, 05:45 PM
Post #234

Dear Baby Gretta,

First Trevor's mom dies, now just two days ago the Dad died. Your mom feels the way you must have felt when you were turned out into the cold November weather to freeze or starve. Now I am a pack of one, just like you were. I know that My little sister Bobbie and my dad are up there with all of your guys, probably relaxing by a campfire, all you guys filling in the Dad on how the Perfect World works. i can just see you guys up there relaxing by an evening fire, swapping tales of when you lived on earth here. Would you please have a "welcome hum" to The Dad? You know, like you always do - gather up all the animals and people you know and just hum as loud as you can - and we will hear it down here on earth and feel our hearts lighten just a little bit to know you are all OK and in perfect health and happy.

Now I have finally seen for myself why the old people call this earth a vale of tears. And why they live the last part of their lives longing to go to the Perfect World. it just made sense to me today. It's sad, but in a way it's not, because I know we have something much better to look forward to.

I love you, each and every one of you, each in your special way. Never forget that, OK? And I will try to live my life in such a way as to honor YOUR lives - and before we know it ....... there I will be, too.

Thank the Good Shepherd for sending you and your little brother to me. You are spirits to guide me on my way. Your hearts are part of my heart.

God bless you Baby G.

+Quote Post
Gretta's Mom
post Aug 15 2014, 05:27 AM
Post #235

Good morning my baby Gretta

I know you are loving "the dad" SO much. He is such a gentle and patient man. Remember that time we forgot to put his kitchen trash can in the bathroom and went out to breakfast? When we came home, you had garbage strewn all over the kitchen. I was horrified but the gentle dad just said , "Don't worry. She's a dog and that's what dogs do." Then he reached over and petted your head.

Gretta, please stick by him as closely as you can. Walk with him as he ambles around God's Perfect Garden, meets all his friends - the ones that call themselves "Irish" are kinda loud but they laugh a lot. Listen carefully and you will hear them talk a lot about a softball team that most of them played on when they were young.

I love you Gretta. You taught me how to grieve when a part of my heart left me and went to the Perfect World. I learned all about how you were still with me in spirit form and many times I could feel your spirit around me. I never knew I would need to use what you taught me so often in this past year.

Please say hi to the dad and to my best friend and little sister Bobbie. Tell them I love them and there are now many pieces of my heart missing. Someday I will be with you all and all of our hearts will be whole.

I love you baby, my first dog!

Your mom

+Quote Post
Gretta's Mom
post Aug 23 2014, 05:11 AM
Post #236

Hi my beautiful babyface

Remember how you moved from Margie's house to mine? Well mommie's moving today from Trevor's dad's house to a house in the middle of the big city of Baltimore. They don't allow any animals in that house so I will be all alone at least for a while. The city here is MUCH bigger than Saint Paul where we used to live together. There are houses stuck together called row houses and there aren't any yards to play in. Mom's apartment is on the third floor so in a way I'm glad that I can't adopt a dog right now. You know my favorite dogs are big white muzzlers and I surely wouldn't want to make a white muzzler climb up 48 steps four times a day. I can hardly do it myself! Oh well, I trust the Good Shepherd that He will someday make it possible for me to have another beautiful white muzzler like you and Rufus. Please say hi to the dad and little sister and your brother Rufus, who is probably already out playing with his friends. Please bring your spirit to mom's new house because now I am completely alone.

I love you, BabyFace, and I'll never stop. Your ashes are with me but it's your spirit that is important.

XOXOXO a million times.
Your mo,

+Quote Post
Gretta's Mom
post Sep 4 2014, 05:46 AM
Post #237

Good morning Baby G

Today your gentleness is needed in two places: here with me and with a little kitty named Blanca, who is the baby sister of a beautiful cat named Princess who is a newcomer to the Perfect World. First, would you tell Princess and her mommy misses he so much that her heart is crushed - just like I missed you for so long until you sent enough love rays to me that My heart began to unfold? Then could you help me organize a pray hum for Princesses little sister Blanca. Princess's mommie took her in when she was only 4 weeks old and they are both going through some of the worst suffering of separation, Princess's mom from Princess and Blanca from her mother. We'll need to go to the cat section and find Princess and a lot of older mommy cats so they can send down some powerful love and reassurance to Blanca. And Princess will have to be in the center of the circle, sending love rays back to her sister and her mommie. It might be a little while until this happens but I know it is SO needed.

Thank you my beautiful chocolate dog - the kindest chocolate who ever lived. Mommie loves you every minute of every day and misses you like we miss the sun on rainy days here on earth.

I love you, Babyface.

Your mom

+Quote Post
Gretta's Mom
post Sep 19 2014, 08:02 AM
Post #238

Good morning my beautiful chocolate dog,

I never have and never will forget you. I'm trying to take good care of the piece of your souls that you left with me when you went to the Perfect World. I feel you taking care of the piece of my souls you took with you. Because of our soul-mate-hood, I have been able to help several people here on LS by explaining how soulmates work and what happens when they have to go to two different worlds. The soul-piece exchange is what I tell them to explain why the ache in the heart and the empty part in the souls never goes away - until we are reunited in the Perfect World.

I hope your Auntie Bobbie is happy with how i am trying to keep her dear dogs Dreamer and Kelly's hearts filled at least part-way with love. When she left them, their little hearts were so confused they broke. I'm trying to keep them feeling loved in the heart. Kelly is a new dog! He and I are best-pals. Even Stan plays with him - "Gimme that toy" - and just holds out his hand like a claw pretending to try to get whatever Kelly has in his mouth. We laugh at his "giving lips" lifting his lips which, in a real situation would be threatening but is funny in play. He sleeps downstairs every night, whether I am there or not. Dreamer is the dream he always was. He's so gentle. He never protests when Kelly tries to steal his toy on the way to "going outside". He has the most beautiful spotted face I have ever seen on a cocker spaniel. His face looks like a miniature Harlequin Great Dane. And he is SO sunggly. He's a real comfort to Stan's heart.

Just like you are to my heart, my darling brown babyface. You are named after my absolute favorite food: chocolate. You are so gentle and kind. I know you remember the old man who first called you that - the old man who always met us on walks when we were walking our one block across Fairview avenue and he was walking toward us with his daughter. He always gave you a treat or two. He didn't even know you but you two were fast friends. Your gentle heart and trusting eyes bring out the best in everyone.. Thank you for choosing me to be your mom, Baby Gretta. It truly opened my heart to the miracle of unconditional love.

Until we meet again, please take care of all our friends in the Perfect World.

I love you and miss you SOOOOO much, Babyface.

Your mommie

+Quote Post
Gretta's Mom
post Oct 4 2014, 11:39 AM
Post #239

Dear. darling Gretta,

Here I am in a strange town, in an apartment that is ten times as high up as the one we lived in when you were here on earth.
My day yesterday and today must feel like the day your first family threw you out in the snow because you were too old to make any more puppies for them to make money on.
Are you sure there isn't a way you could come back for just a half
and we could take a short walk and then play "Who Wants to be a Wolf?"
and then I could just hug you and cry into your fur like we used to?
I miss you and Rufus and Bobbie and The Dad so much that I have been crying all day.
But now I can feel your lovely spirit on one side of me and Rufus's on the other so I know I'll make it.
I'm so sad I don't even know what to ask for - just to let you know that I will love you every day of my existence.
Thank you for choosing me to be your person, your mom. It is the greatest gift of all - the love of one's spirit dog.
Say hi to your brother Rufie/ I'll write to him tomorrow.
God bless you, you Most Beautiful and Most kind.

With unending love .........

Your mommie

+Quote Post
Gretta's Mom
post Oct 18 2014, 07:29 AM
Post #240

Good morning my beautiful chocolate baby.

Gretta, my first dog as an adult.
Gretta, who opened my heart to the love of a spirit dog.
Gretta, who slept on the dog bed and always waited for me to wish you good night before we turned off the lamp.
Gretta, who was always greeted by little Frieda like you were her dog
Gretta, who taught me that the "responsibility" of caring for a dog was really every minute a joy
Gretta, who I always protected with clothes and boots and lighted leashes and collars to make sure all the cars could see you
Gretta, who would go out with me four times a day, rain, cold, sun, heat, ice - the ever faithful.
Gretta, who always let me put on six and boots in the winter and you always got an A in both
Gretta, whom a public vet poisoned my mind and made me worry that you had Cushings disease.
Gretta, our inestimable Dr Hinson who always reassured us that you did not have Cushing's even though your blood work was always a little off.
Gretta, who always eventually cooperated in my early morning urine collections comedies - and Dr. Hinson was amazed that I had sterilized the containers I brought it to him in.
Gretta, named Gretta The Great by the best vet in the world.
Gretta, rescued by wonderful Margie as skin and bones, starving in the Minnesota November winter after you had been thrown out because your breeding days were over.
Gretta, thank you for choosing me to be your mom by meeting me at my very first dog adoption event and putting your head in my lap and pawing me to day take me home.
Gretta, I did and you gave me the happiest years of my life.
Gretta, there is no way I can thank you enough.
Gretta, I am taking as good care of the piece of your heart that you left with me.
Gretta, whose spirit is with me wherever I go, leading me on, guiding my paths - and most important loving me as I love you.
Gretta, I know we will meet again someday. It's God's promise.

I love you Gretta Girl.

+Quote Post

14 Pages V  « < 10 11 12 13 14 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 06:57 AM